1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 10:55 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Well, I've been made an example...
I went on the configurator last night to build yet another coupe. I ended up building the same exact one as I'm currently jonesing for (which finishes production TODAY, btw! ). The only difference is that even though with the JCW exterior package you can select 'Silver Sport Stripes', they will not appear on your build.
This is all on the heels of issues with my initial order and MINI saying that they WILL NOT put silver stripes on a Reef Blue Coupe, even though I built it that way. Aparently since my MA was arguing with them on my behalf about the fact that it shouldn't allow customers to build what they won't deliver, they've changed the configurator to back it.
I'm happy that my dealer is installing the stripes to me at no extra charge.

Woohoo!! Great job Kim! Maybe the factory couldn't put your stripes on because of all the top secret fast options that come with ordering a Reef Blue Mini!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
These ships are changing schedules a bit everywhere. Anyone waiting on the Manon from Southhampton to Brunswick it is now departing on the 11th (was the 10th) but still shows it coming into Brunswick on the 25th (unchanged so I would expect it to move to the 26th unless the ship just got faster).
Have you got a definite booking for MANON? If you disapprove of drinking and carousing don't let your car near mine. LOL

I'm hoping for a berth. The ship arrives and leaves on the same day both @ Southampton and Halifax, Then 1 day @ NY (Jersey City) then on to Brunswick, Where it arrives on the 25th and leaves again on the same day. Drive on Drive off is very impressive!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
@ Weaf, Did you check your vin on the Endurance's cargo list? 2 VIN#'s earlier than mine were on it and it sailed today.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Hell yes!!! I'm in luck, they service Southern California. I am all over this!!! I'll use them and give your name as the referral----hopefully you can get a little something for it Thanks again for sharing!! You rock!!!

PS VERY JEALOUS YOU HAVE YOUR BABY!!! VERY, VERY JEALOUS!!!!
Great GG! Hope you love it! The installer is the key with these. There are three brands of film that you see talked about a lot - 3M, Xpel and Ventureshield. There is a lot of debate about which one is best but again I think what is most important is the skill of the installer. In my humble opinion the Xpel has the most advanced film now and they also have thousands of vehicle patterns. Mine was cut on site (they have the computer and cutter in the van) on site and it was pretty cool to watch. The precision of the templates is pretty amazing.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:29 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
Great GG! Hope you love it! The installer is the key with these. There are three brands of film that you see talked about a lot - 3M, Xpel and Ventureshield. There is a lot of debate about which one is best but again I think what is most important is the skill of the installer. In my humble opinion the Xpel has the most advanced film now and they also have thousands of vehicle patterns. Mine was cut on site (they have the computer and cutter in the van) on site and it was pretty cool to watch. The precision of the templates is pretty amazing.
So appreciative of the info! Thanks Jake!

Who were you installers? Maybe I could ask for them personally?? Murietta isn't too far from laguna Niguel!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
The hood of my first Mini took a beating!!! You better believe I am all over getting the cover. I was nervous about the 3M that I've seen as the wax seemed to build up on the edges. I love that this one covers the entire hood. And, If you swear by it for your baby then I'm all over it for mine!!
Thanks again for sharing!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
The hood of my first Mini took a beating!!! You better believe I am all over getting the cover. I was nervous about the 3M that I've seen as the wax seemed to build up on the edges. I love that this one covers the entire hood. And, If you swear by it for your baby then I'm all over it for mine!!
Thanks again for sharing!!!
I'm sure you could do a whole hood install with the 3M as well, but at least according to my installer he said the Xpel is easier to work with and get a better install. It's 8 mils thick and very tough stuff.

Kennedy did my install. Very nice guy and has been doing this for many years. I watched him do the whole thing and it took about 3 1/2 hours. You need a garage for the install as you don't want any wind or dust - dust looks bad under the film. Lance is the owner, been in business a long time and they have a good reputation.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 PM
psichick
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blknblu
Hang in there! Things will start moving. Have you called ASK MINI?

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring
Edit: I just called. I was told that my car is being transported to the port of exit. So I guess the website is a little behind. So after reading the how to track sticky, it seems that it takes about 36 hours to get to the port, then it gets assigned a ship. I'm going to port NYCPOA, so it's WW line, which seems to be good as I can get info. I followed the link in that thread, but maybe i'm just having a brain fart or something but I can't seem to find where to enter the vin number to see if it's been assigned a ship (the auto cargo link seems to have gone missing!). help please! thanks in advance

Last edited by psichick; 02-07-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by psichick
Edit: I just called. I was told that my car is being transported to the port of exit. So I guess the website is a little behind. So after reading the how to track sticky, it seems that it takes about 36 hours to get to the port, then it gets assigned a ship. I'm going to port NYCPOA, so it's WW line, which seems to be good as I can get info. I followed the link in that thread, but maybe i'm just having a brain fart or something but I can't seem to find where to enter the vin number to see if it's been assigned a ship (the auto cargo link seems to have gone missing!). help please! thanks in advance
Go to Track and Trace (it's in one of the dropdown menus) and enter your VIN into the Cargo ID section

Old 02-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Woohoo!! Great job Kim! Maybe the factory couldn't put your stripes on because of all the top secret fast options that come with ordering a Reef Blue Mini!!!
That's probably EXACTLY it, GG!! Ha! Thanks!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by psichick
If your @ the Port it probably won't do any good to put in your Vin yet. I would try tomorrow aft. The next ship in is the MANON, and it's in Germany right now. It's supposed to arrive on the 11th in Southampton. Just guessing but I would think they would line up our Babies in last on first off order. They are in port for only 1 day or less and they have sort the BMWs and the Minis. So there's probably a little unload and reload dance @ Southampton. Might be they will be shipmates.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
I just ordered ---- I'm going to have the hearts blinged in red and the outside blinged in white. This will go on the front of the car with the hopes that highway patrol doesn't pull me over. It's the same as my "real" plate from DMV. We'll see!!! Goodness graciousness, I have to stop shopping.:

EDIT:
It didn't show the image. Oh well, It is a European license plate that has a "heart PLAAFLL heart" with a black face with white writing.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
This waiting sure is hard. My Paceman was at the port yesterday. Don't know yet if it got loaded today or not. I'll be calling tomorrow to check. Is anyone else tracking a Paceman or Countryman currently? Don't see anyone talking about port Bremerhaven.

Got to find out what port it's getting shipped to as well.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:24 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
I'm sure you could do a whole hood install with the 3M as well, but at least according to my installer he said the Xpel is easier to work with and get a better install. It's 8 mils thick and very tough stuff.

Kennedy did my install. Very nice guy and has been doing this for many years. I watched him do the whole thing and it took about 3 1/2 hours. You need a garage for the install as you don't want any wind or dust - dust looks bad under the film. Lance is the owner, been in business a long time and they have a good reputation.
Just got off the phone with them. I'm going to bring my car to them when I'm ready. I can't make the appointment until I have my car in hand. argggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h Dang car. It's the sit and wait game now

I think he is afraid it might get lost in the bermuda triangle and he doesn't want to block 3 hours of a Saturday!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Quixter
This waiting sure is hard. My Paceman was at the port yesterday. Don't know yet if it got loaded today or not. I'll be calling tomorrow to check. Is anyone else tracking a Paceman or Countryman currently? Don't see anyone talking about port Bremerhaven.

Got to find out what port it's getting shipped to as well.
Things seem to be moving slow at Bremerhaven. My car has been there since Monday or Tuesday. Missed two ships to Baltimore, the next one isn't until Wednesday...

The waiting sucks trying to console myself with the Auto Show tickets our MA sent us... It's not working - stupid papercuts...

Old 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Things seem to be moving slow at Bremerhaven. My car has been there since Monday or Tuesday. Missed two ships to Baltimore, the next one isn't until Wednesday...

The waiting sucks trying to console myself with the Auto Show tickets our MA sent us... It's not working - stupid papercuts...
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear, I think I'm feelin the pain of your paper cuts now.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:45 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
No, that's no fun to miss ships.

And if you're getting paper cuts, I think you're using those tickets wrong!!

Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Just got off the phone with them. I'm going to bring my car to them when I'm ready. I can't make the appointment until I have my car in hand. argggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h Dang car. It's the sit and wait game now

I think he is afraid it might get lost in the bermuda triangle and he doesn't want to block 3 hours of a Saturday!

Originally Posted by Quixter
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear, I think I'm feelin the pain of your paper cuts now.
Uh-oh...we both called our Mini's car. Shame on us both!

Old 02-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Kleiner
1st Gear
MarineTraffic App

Old 02-07-2013, 04:43 PM
mb2020
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27

How can we put this politely? If you don't have a production # your car really hasn't been ordered. Many of us figured that out the hard way. The question is to ask your MA or you Sales Manager if they have an Allocation for your order so they can get you a production #. If they are already out of "Allocations" for the month of Feb the only 2 ways you can get one is if they trade a car/allocation with another dealer or you wait until March for a new batch of allocations.

Allocations are given to dealers for orders and they only get so many for each "trim line" and based on many factors including average sales they either get more or less. A dealer that sells a lot of cars regularly gets more while a smaller dealer that sells less gets less of course.

If you don't have a production number by Friday, I'd go see your Sales Manager and ask to be given a date in writing on when you can expect them to have an "Allocation" for your production #.
My MA called today and then sent me my production number. He said I am scheduled for production the first week in March.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mb2020
My MA called today and then sent me my production number. He said I am scheduled for production the first week in March.
Then they definitely didn't have any February production slots available.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
I have a question. If the dealer told me that they had a slot and gave me a production number, does having the production number actually prove they gave me their slot? The reason that I ask is I will soon be going on 3 weeks where the dealer shows its on order but the recording says scheduled for production with no production date. I'm starting to think I never had that slot and am now just waiting?? Thanks!

Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mb2020
Excellent.
Knowledge is power and isn't it nice to have the knowledge.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
I have a question. If the dealer told me that they had a slot and gave me a production number, does having the production number actually prove they gave me their slot? The reason that I ask is I will soon be going on 3 weeks where the dealer shows its on order but the recording says scheduled for production with no production date. I'm starting to think I never had that slot and am now just waiting?? Thanks!
Nothing is guaranteed from what we've seen on this forum but it sounds like it really is on order now and the OL should show your options usually in a few days to a week. A for "Scheduled for Production" look at it this way my car has been sitting at the port since late Feb 1st but is still showing "Scheduled for Production"! So that status is useless although at least it doesn't still say "on order" so that is good.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
Having that production number is golden. Once you have that it's up to the factory to finally put it on the line. Depending on what model you have it could take a week it could take two months. Just depends on the factory now. Good luck!!!!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group