1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quixter
This waiting sure is hard. My Paceman was at the port yesterday. Don't know yet if it got loaded today or not. I'll be calling tomorrow to check. Is anyone else tracking a Paceman or Countryman currently? Don't see anyone talking about port Bremerhaven.

Got to find out what port it's getting shipped to as well.
There is a ship leaving on the 8th, Tombarra. You haven't got your location listed, but, here's it's schedule. This one's for the West Coast.

Port Country Arrival Departure

BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 07/02/2013 08/02/2013
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 10/02/2013 10/02/2013
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 11/02/2013 11/02/2013
MANZANILLO, PA PANAMA 23/02/2013 23/02/2013
PORT HUENEME, CA U.S.A. 04/03/2013 04/03/2013
TACOMA, WA U.S.A. 08/03/2013 08/03/2013

Last edited by Twstgrp; 02-07-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
So. Ambien and this website have pretty much gotten me through to this point in waiting. But today I took a power nap when I got home from work and had a nightmare my car got dropped off at the port in New York and I couldn't get her for another month. I'm insane, truly.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp

There is a ship leaving on the 8th, Tombarra. Y haven't got your location listed, but, here's it's schedule.

Port Country Arrival Departure

BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 07/02/2013 08/02/2013
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 10/02/2013 10/02/2013
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 11/02/2013 11/02/2013
MANZANILLO, PA PANAMA 23/02/2013 23/02/2013
PORT HUENEME, CA U.S.A. 04/03/2013 04/03/2013
TACOMA, WA U.S.A. 08/03/2013 08/03/2013
Mine came on the Carmen from Bremerhaven last week. I think we are usually lucky and get on with no problems because we are first. The rest of the minis get on in Southamton and they fight for space.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27

Nothing is guaranteed from what we've seen on this forum but it sounds like it really is on order now and the OL should show your options usually in a few days to a week. A for "Scheduled for Production" look at it this way my car has been sitting at the port since late Feb 1st but is still showing "Scheduled for Production"! So that status is useless although at least it doesn't still say "on order" so that is good.
Thanks. So how did you find out your other status updates? From a live person?

Old 02-07-2013, 06:33 PM
seabeast
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
I have a question. If the dealer told me that they had a slot and gave me a production number, does having the production number actually prove they gave me their slot? The reason that I ask is I will soon be going on 3 weeks where the dealer shows its on order but the recording says scheduled for production with no production date. I'm starting to think I never had that slot and am now just waiting?? Thanks!
You can't rely on the automated response. Call ASK-MINI and talk to a person to get the most up-to-date information.

My understanding is that a production number really does mean that you have a slot. But you won't get assigned a build date until the assembly line is ready for you, which presumably includes making sure they have all the components for your particular build. And your dealer has a lot of build slots, so they might have some in line ahead of yours, or yours might be next. So at this point your MA and a person at ASK-MINI are your best bets for figuring out when your car will get built.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Uh-oh...we both called our Mini's car. Shame on us both!
For the safety of my sanity and bank account (and possibly to keep the rest of the family from trying to kill me) it's a car...

When we traded the last MINI in The Wife was in tears... We can't go through that again...

Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Thanks. So how did you find out your other status updates? From a live person?
100% from ASK-Mini. The first 3 people I called at ASK-MINI were useless but after that most were very helpful. Although the first 3 were during the Xmas - 3 week extended factory closure issue so maybe they were being kept in the dark too.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Lady_May
So. Ambien and this website have pretty much gotten me through to this point in waiting. But today I took a power nap when I got home from work and had a nightmare my car got dropped off at the port in New York and I couldn't get her for another month. I'm insane, truly.
Your not insane as I had a nightmare last week that my wife put a bunch of potted plants in my new Mini and when I took a corner I heard them crash around and make a huge mess in my new Mini! When I told her the next morning I think she thought I was mad at her for something that never really happened. I was but only the nightmare version of her .

Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Currently negotiating price with the dealer, but hoping to put my order in soon. Had been holding off until the March production changes were announced to see if anything would affect me. Now that the changes are out I can go ahead and try to get a March build for an R56 S.

Fortunately, I live on the east coast, in the same city as the auto port where the cars arrive into the country, so the wait should be on the shorter side once the thing gets built and shipped. Exciting stuff!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kavatski
Currently negotiating price with the dealer, but hoping to put my order in soon. Had been holding off until the March production changes were announced to see if anything would affect me. Now that the changes are out I can go ahead and try to get a March build for an R56 S.

Fortunately, I live on the east coast, in the same city as the auto port where the cars arrive into the country, so the wait should be on the shorter side once the thing gets built and shipped. Exciting stuff!
Do you have a link to the production changes, I'd love to know what they are?

Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM
psichick
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Go to Track and Trace (it's in one of the dropdown menus) and enter your VIN into the Cargo ID section
If your @ the Port it probably won't do any good to put in your Vin yet. I would try tomorrow aft. The next ship in is the MANON, and it's in Germany right now. It's supposed to arrive on the 11th in Southampton. Just guessing but I would think they would line up our Babies in last on first off order. They are in port for only 1 day or less and they have sort the BMWs and the Minis. So there's probably a little unload and reload dance @ Southampton. Might be they will be shipmates.
thanks to both of you for the info! hope our girls end up as bunk mates on this ship, that would be awesome

Old 02-07-2013, 09:09 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
add me to the list :) my coupe is scheduled!

hello all. add me to the list of those feverishly awaiting their minis.

my baby is a: Cooper S Coupe, Lightning Blue w/Metallic Silver top/mirrors.

got the navi-tech package, xeons, automatic w/sports paddles, black checker seats, traction control, 16" rims (may get 17" for summer)...

so far she's scheduled to be built.. thinking it may be around end of march when she's here. gonna be a long wait..

Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Lady_May
Having that production number is golden. Once you have that it's up to the factory to finally put it on the line. Depending on what model you have it could take a week it could take two months. Just depends on the factory now. Good luck!!!!
Nothing is guaranteed from what we've seen on this forum but it sounds like it really is on order now and the OL should show your options usually in a few days to a week. A for "Scheduled for Production" look at it this way my car has been sitting at the port since late Feb 1st but is still showing "Scheduled for Production"! So that status is useless although at least it doesn't still say "on order" so that is good.
I have a question. If the dealer told me that they had a slot and gave me a production number, does having the production number actually prove they gave me their slot? The reason that I ask is I will soon be going on 3 weeks where the dealer shows its on order but the recording says scheduled for production with no production date. I'm starting to think I never had that slot and am now just waiting?? Thanks!
Mini_Lse
I was given a production number and then 3 weeks later given a different production number. They re-use production numbers. Your dealer KNOW your production date and if they don't keep calling (or go in there) and ask for the print out where it shows your vehicle status. Once I did this, a I was finally given some real dates --- they were not the dates I wanted to hear but they were dates nonetheless and it helped.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
My b

Originally Posted by psichick
thanks to both of you for the info! hope our girls end up as bunk mates on this ship, that would be awesome
My Bad...I had a time slip, I was stuck on Bremerhaven from another post.
The MANON has already left there, been to Gothenburg, and is a third of the way to Zeebrugge. It arrives on the 9th, loads and leaves on the 10th for Southhampton to arrive on the 11th.
BTW, lock up your girls, Pete is a boy. He's Lightning blue, and "Blue Peter" is the nautical *** meaning, about to set sail, and they are on a cruise, with lots of partying. Bunk Mates might not be the best thing. LOL

Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Many of us waited over the extended holiday plant shutdown. So don't get too discouraged.

I would not depend on the Owner's Lounge for any decent updates or information about what you ordered. It is always better to call 866-ASK-MINI from 9 am to 9 pm Eastern (I believe they are based in Ohio) and talk to a live person.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
The MANON has already left there, been to Gothenburg, and is a third of the way to Zeebrugge. It arrives on the 9th, loads and leaves on the 10th for Southhampton to arrive on the 11th.
BTW, lock up your girls, Pete is a boy. He's Lightning blue, and "Blue Peter" is the nautical *** meaning, about to set sail, and they are on a cruise, with lots of partying. Bunk Mates might not be the best thing. LOL
Not to worry I finally decided on naming my baby Alice from the character in Resident Evil (Already have the hive parking pass for her) and from my understanding she likes to chew bubble gum and kick @ss and apparently she is all out of bubble gum. Let the party get started.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 AM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Do you have a link to the production changes, I'd love to know what they are?
I don't have a link, just a PDF that I got from Mini HQ here in Canada. For the R56 it's pretty minor stuff:

1. Some upholstery options deleted (Toffy/Carbon Black cloth/leather; Carbon Black Punch leather; Satellite Grey Lounge leather)
2. 17" Infinite Stream Spoke (R116) and 16" Twin Spoke (R119) wheels deleted
3. Fluid Silver interior trim (4BC) deleted
4. White turn signals (785) now optional on S (previously standard in Canada but I think were always optional in the US)

For R55, all of the above plus:

5. Pin striping on Hyde Park and Green Park editions changes to black
6. Hyde Park edition replaces Hot Chocolate trim with Cool Champagne
7. Added new Cooper S Bond Street edition in Midnight Black with Cool Champagne trim, stripes and leather

R57/58/59: Similar upholstery, trim and wheel changes. For the convertible, Denim Blue top (3YB) deleted.

R60: As of March, will have "COUNTRYMAN" badging on the tailgate, same as on the Paceman.

R61: Added option for roof rails (386), silver or anthracite depending on trim.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kavatski
I don't have a link, just a PDF that I got from Mini HQ here in Canada. For the R56 it's pretty minor stuff:

1. Some upholstery options deleted (Toffy/Carbon Black cloth/leather; Carbon Black Punch leather; Satellite Grey Lounge leather)
2. 17" Infinite Stream Spoke (R116) and 16" Twin Spoke (R119) wheels deleted
3. Fluid Silver interior trim (4BC) deleted
4. White turn signals (785) now optional on S (previously standard in Canada but I think were always optional in the US)

For R55, all of the above plus:

5. Pin striping on Hyde Park and Green Park editions changes to black
6. Hyde Park edition replaces Hot Chocolate trim with Cool Champagne
7. Added new Cooper S Bond Street edition in Midnight Black with Cool Champagne trim, stripes and leather

R57/58/59: Similar upholstery, trim and wheel changes. For the convertible, Denim Blue top (3YB) deleted.

R60: As of March, will have "COUNTRYMAN" badging on the tailgate, same as on the Paceman.

R61: Added option for roof rails (386), silver or anthracite depending on trim.
Thank You. It is funny as I got Leatherette but had been strongly considering Carbon Black Punch leather, sad to see that one go as I thought it looked really nice.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
OOOH< look what I found......http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/iphone.aspx
Now I can go completely round the bend.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
OOOH< look what I found......http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/iphone.aspx
Now I can go completely round the bend.
I'm OC enough without all this help to feed my OC tendencies.
Although ultimately it is all truly appreciated, Thank You.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
not to worry i finally decided on naming my baby alice from the character in resident evil (already have the hive parking pass for her) and from my understanding she likes to chew bubble gum and kick @ss and apparently she is all out of bubble gum. Let the party get started.
:lmao:

Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 AM
psichick
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
interesting as i think you are the first person i've ever heard call a car a boy lol either way, bunk mates might not be so bad, i wouldn't mind a few mini mini's!!! ha

Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Bummer, not going to have her this weekend. My MA says they don't expect her until Monday or Tuesday. Ugggggh.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:38 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Thank You. It is funny as I got Leatherette but had been strongly considering Carbon Black Punch leather, sad to see that one go as I thought it looked really nice.

Ohh, glad I picked it up as an option

Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 AM
martincohn
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by psichick
interesting as i think you are the first person i've ever heard call a car a boy lol either way, bunk mates might not be so bad, i wouldn't mind a few mini mini's!!! ha
My cars get lady names. But my Silver over BRG JCW MINI Coupe is definately male. A MINI that fast just didn't seem like a lady name fit this time.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group