1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lady_May
Bummer, not going to have her this weekend. My MA says they don't expect her until Monday or Tuesday. Ugggggh.

Ouch.... That's the worst wait of all... The torture that the car is SO CLOSE and still not ready for delivery...

Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Ouch.... That's the worst wait of all... The torture that the car is SO CLOSE and still not ready for delivery...

I still blame the Ravens. If they hadn't won the superbowl, the longshoreman would have gone to work Monday and Tuesday and the ship would have been able to dock. Damn football.

In all seriousness, I was trying to manage my expectations for this weekend, but still was really wishing she could make it in today and I could pick her up tomorrow.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Woohoo! I just checked the tracking page, and all of the Tombarra cars showed up. I showed as booked on the 4th of Feb, even though it didn't appear until today. And I know, I've been checking like a fiend. Seabeast, you're in there too...along with many other friends. Arrival on the 3rd of March, looks like I might actually get my car that first weekend of March...exciting!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
Your not insane as I had a nightmare last week that my wife put a bunch of potted plants in my new Mini and when I took a corner I heard them crash around and make a huge mess in my new Mini! When I told her the next morning I think she thought I was mad at her for something that never really happened. I was but only the nightmare version of her .
Well, the nightmares started for me last night. They actually flip flopped between wonderful dreams and then a crash back to reality with a nightmare.

I dreamnt my mini was ready to be picked up early and the dealership had had all the extras done a no charge (hahahaha, I should have known this was a dream) OMG, it was a gorgeous sunny day and she looked HOT!!!!

Then my next dream was almost the exact same but the version ended with once I got in the car and drove off into the beautiful day, the engine fell out of the car and the car started falling apart all around me with me in it. The Owner came out and told me that is what happens when you rush production. I woke my husband up with a scream.

If I told him I was dreaming about my car again, he might have decided to sleep in the other room!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp
OOOH< look what I found......http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/iphone.aspx
Now I can go completely round the bend.
Shoot, I wasn't supposed to buy anything else today! Uh-oh blew that goal!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:51 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Lady_May
Bummer, not going to have her this weekend. My MA says they don't expect her until Monday or Tuesday. Ugggggh.
Oh, so bummed for you LadyMay!!!

IKinda bummed for me too, I'm in desperate need of some Mini ****!!!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Car Names

Originally Posted by psichick
interesting as i think you are the first person i've ever heard call a car a boy lol either way, bunk mates might not be so bad, i wouldn't mind a few mini mini's!!! ha
My present MCS is called Percy, named by my Granddaughter. She names them all. Our Jaguar is Delilah, my daughters
Aspen is Bob, etc. I laughed @ Percy, she name it after the "Lightning Thief". I always think of my Gramp.

As for Bunks, let them decide they're leaving the ship @ the same port., so they will be near each other, they're young, c'est la vie, NO SCRATCHES ON HIS BACK THOUGH!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Well, the nightmares started for me last night. They actually flip flopped between wonderful dreams and then a crash back to reality with a nightmare.

I dreamnt my mini was ready to be picked up early and the dealership had had all the extras done a no charge (hahahaha, I should have known this was a dream) OMG, it was a gorgeous sunny day and she looked HOT!!!!

Then my next dream was almost the exact same but the version ended with once I got in the car and drove off into the beautiful day, the engine fell out of the car and the car started falling apart all around me with me in it. The Owner came out and told me that is what happens when you rush production. I woke my husband up with a scream.

If I told him I was dreaming about my car again, he might have decided to sleep in the other room!
Sorry you had a nightmare but thanks for sharing ...made me laugh.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Confirmed! Pete is booked on the MANON for arrival on the 21st @ New York!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 AM
psichick
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by martincohn
My cars get lady names. But my Silver over BRG JCW MINI Coupe is definately male. A MINI that fast just didn't seem like a lady name fit this time.
hey, ladies can be fast. i had a 450 fwhp neon named b**ch. she was most certainly a female lol.

My present MCS is called Percy, named by my Granddaughter. She names them all. Our Jaguar is Delilah, my daughters
Aspen is Bob, etc. I laughed @ Percy, she name it after the "Lightning Thief". I always think of my Gramp.

As for Bunks, let them decide they're leaving the ship @ the same port., so they will be near each other, they're young, c'est la vie, NO SCRATCHES ON HIS BACK THOUGH!
hahahaha

Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
SO jealous of you east coasters getting your Mini's so quickly! Looking forward to the pictures!!!!!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
How'd you get the confirmation? I keep checking the track and trace and nothing is showing from what I can see for the Southhampton pick for Manon yet? Alice is looking to get a ride on that boat too.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 AM
martincohn
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by psichick
hey, ladies can be fast. i had a 450 fwhp neon named b**ch. she was most certainly a female lol.
Understand but we are talking about two different things! I agree that a 450 fwhp neon *** haulin machine named ***** might be female, but certainly NOT a lady's name.

There is a BIG difference between lady and female.

On the other hand, must admit that I have had some cars that had stripper names in my younger days. An old '68 Cougar XR7 comes to mind named BoomBoom. Won a few street races with that car.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
How'd you get the confirmation? I keep checking the track and trace and nothing is showing from what I can see for the Southhampton pick for Manon yet? Alice is looking to get a ride on that boat too.
I went to W&W's site, Clicked Home , middle right of page has 2 track and traces. Choose "all users". Plug in the VIN, click the black Trace box, and Roberts your fathers brother!

Voyage Details
Bill of Lading Number Vessel Name Voyage Number Port of Load ETD Port of Discharge ETA
(DD GBSOU1086422 MANON CA306-MAN SOUTHAMPTON 11-02-2013 NEW YORK, NY 21-02-2013 (DD-MM-YYYY)

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 06-02-2013 17:48:00
BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 06-02-2013 17:46:00 1

Last edited by Twstgrp; 02-08-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: alignment
Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
As a side note, it's not the same is getting my actual Mini but today is the day I get to go to my dealers and drive off the lot in a car of my choice. Since my car was originally supposed to be delivered the beginning of this week, and well we all know that it is in the middle of the ocean right now, my dealer said I could come choose a car to drive until my car arrives the first week of March. Here is to hoping ig get to drive a convertible Mini!!!! It will at least be better than driving the damn piece of crap rental (Fiat) I have been drivng since November.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:03 PM
seabeast
2nd Gear
In the contest of man versus machine, an obsessed man will win

Originally Posted by ///Chris
Woohoo! I just checked the tracking page, and all of the Tombarra cars showed up. I showed as booked on the 4th of Feb, even though it didn't appear until today. And I know, I've been checking like a fiend. Seabeast, you're in there too...along with many other friends. Arrival on the 3rd of March, looks like I might actually get my car that first weekend of March...exciting!
Awesome!!

My Python script was busy polling the tracking site every 20 minutes, but you still delivered the news first. Clearly you're even more relentless than any script!

Turns out that at 7:10am my script's output changed from "No records found" to "Server error", so I'm guessing the important VINs (ours) got added sometime between 6:50am (last "No records found" check) and 7:10am. You posted your triumphant update at 8:10am, so clearly you sat on the news for a while, since I find it impossible to believe you hadn't checked the website during the prior hour.

Still, my script was successful in its #1 goal, which was to free me from the need to compulsively check the tracking site myself. Of course, it would have been easier to just rely on you for that...

-Seabeast

Last edited by seabeast; 02-08-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: too much "guessing"
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM
toplesss
Neutral
my car is booked on the Manon also, arriving to NY on the Feb 21st

Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
It's funny, I did check when I got in to work at 7:30, but I glossed over the info because I always sort by date (expecting new entries to have new dates...) but their system didn't work like that. I went back at 8 and was clicking through booking numbers to see what ship they were, and clicked on one and it said Tombarra...and I did a double take, then searched for that booking number. Found us on page 3, with the date they actually showed up at the port.

Now...four weeks to wait with absolutely nothing to do but track the progress of a ship. And play in photoshop. And place orders for any backordered things in hope that they'll show up the first week...!

Originally Posted by seabeast
Awesome!!

My Python script was busy polling the tracking site every 20 minutes, but you still delivered the news first. Clearly you're even more relentless than any script!

Turns out that at 7:10am my script's output changed from "No records found" to "Server error", so I'm guessing the important VINs (ours) got added sometime between 6:50am (last "No records found" check) and 7:10am. You posted your triumphant update at 8:10am, so clearly you sat on the news for a while, since I find it impossible to believe you hadn't checked the website during the prior hour.

Still, my script was successful in its #1 goal, which was to free me from the need to compulsively check the tracking site myself. Of course, it would have been easier to just rely on you for that...

-Seabeast

Old 02-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
We got a few here all on for the 21st@ NY, sorry, 25th @ Brunswick! Yipee, love my Mello Yellow but need that new car smell! MMMMM BTW, it was pure chance I got there first.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
I went to W&W's site, Clicked Home , middle right of page has 2 track and traces. Choose "all users". Plug in the VIN, click the black Trace box, and Roberts your fathers brother!

Voyage Details
Bill of Lading Number Vessel Name Voyage Number Port of Load ETD Port of Discharge ETA
(DD GBSOU1086422 MANON CA306-MAN SOUTHAMPTON 11-02-2013 NEW YORK, NY 21-02-2013 (DD-MM-YYYY)

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 06-02-2013 17:48:00
BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 06-02-2013 17:46:00 1
Would you do me a huge favor as either I am a moron or it just isn't there but I still don't see anything new since the 7th and can't even find your BBSOU # you have listed above. I did follow the directions above several times to make sure I was on the same track and trace as you. Can you try mine?
WMWSU9C50DT722126

I see every status except "booked" ones.

Thank you in advance, very much. I did find previous Mini's shipped with VINs very close to mine which is always a good sign.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Would you do me a huge favor as either I am a moron or it just isn't there but I still don't see anything new since the 7th and can't even find your BBSOU # you have listed above. I did follow the directions above several times to make sure I was on the same track and trace as you. Can you try mine?
WMWSU9C50DT722126

I see every status except "booked" ones.

Thank you in advance, very much. I did find previous Mini's shipped with VINs very close to mine which is always a good sign.

Sorry Weaf, didn't work for me either, still there's Sat. Sun. and Mon. to go.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ///Chris
Congrats to you all that made it on! I'm still getting 'no records found'...my girl is in QA today according to a live body at ASK-MINI(production completed yesterday). Do you think I still have a shot of making the Tombarra, or is it full up at this point? I'm going off of you saying all of the Tombarra cars showed up. Sorry to be so literal, but that's the sad result of obsession.
Thanks!
Kim

Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
As a side note, it's not the same is getting my actual Mini but today is the day I get to go to my dealers and drive off the lot in a car of my choice. Since my car was originally supposed to be delivered the beginning of this week, and well we all know that it is in the middle of the ocean right now, my dealer said I could come choose a car to drive until my car arrives the first week of March. Here is to hoping ig get to drive a convertible Mini!!!! It will at least be better than driving the damn piece of crap rental (Fiat) I have been drivng since November.

Woo hoo!! Get a good one!!

Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
All meaning only "a lot". I don't know if they are full or not - but being that I don't see another boat on the schedule for awhile, I would imagine that they are trying to get your car there. I have heard of cars being able to load up the day the ship arrives, so I think you still have time!

Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Congrats to you all that made it on! I'm still getting 'no records found'...my girl is in QA today according to a live body at ASK-MINI(production completed yesterday). Do you think I still have a shot of making the Tombarra, or is it full up at this point? I'm going off of you saying all of the Tombarra cars showed up. Sorry to be so literal, but that's the sad result of obsession.
Thanks!
Kim

Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Sorry Weaf, didn't work for me either, still there's Sat. Sun. and Mon. to go.
Thank you for trying...now I will be stressed all weekend until things change...but hey most of us are used to that in anticipation of our future Minis.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group