1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ///Chris
According to the schedule, Tombarra started at Bremerhaven, then skipped Zeebrugge and went straight to Southampton, and is scheduled to go back to Belgium today and on to California tomorrow, but we'll see what direction she turns in about 10 minutes from now!
Got it she probably skipped Zeebrugge because Manon was there or scheduled. Who knew? Oh that's right you guys did. LOL

Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
I think we must be tracking the same. Automated Ask Mini says mine is setting on the dock (for a week and a half now). Now, OL won't show my complete VIN but just the last 7 and.....and.....has a date saying March 21, 2013 as being received. Go figure. Tack and Trace shows other VINs that are older than mine as being loaded onto a ship. It's a plot to drive me more crazy than I've become since ordering this.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
So many Questions

I hate to be such a noob but I was hoping someone could give me a little info. I've been reading some posts and have managed to do the tracking thing through the Owners Lounge and have found my Coupe to be in "Awaiting Transport" status but the whole "Track and Trace" thing has got me a little baffled. I sure would love to see what it is so many others are seeing on their orders. Such as how do you know what, when and where these ships are and if your vehicle is getting on it. Thanks in advance for any information.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
This is a great reference for all the tracking links - https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

I'm not sure what port is closest for ND - you might have to ask your MA for that info or check the "Order Details" page in the Owner's Lounge. Once you find that out, you can look at the shipping company links to find out what boats are going to your port and when they are going. If you happen to be on a WW ship, they have great tracking. The other companies (K-Line, etc) don't have a robust tracking system.

Typically, your car will not show up in WW's tracking program until the day before the ship is due to dock or depart your port of origin (Southampton for everything but the Countryman, Bremerhaven for the CM.)

Originally Posted by Dewey911
I hate to be such a noob but I was hoping someone could give me a little info. I've been reading some posts and have managed to do the tracking thing through the Owners Lounge and have found my Coupe to be in "Awaiting Transport" status but the whole "Track and Trace" thing has got me a little baffled. I sure would love to see what it is so many others are seeing on their orders. Such as how do you know what, when and where these ships are and if your vehicle is getting on it. Thanks in advance for any information.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
I completed production on 6 Feb and the next ship leaves for Baltimore on 15 Feb. I'm not showing on the ship tracking site yet. Think I'll make it?

Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Thanks

Chris, thanks for the quick response. I had read that post earlier and checked my paperwork and see my port is (BALPOA) Baltimore. I will see if I can figure it all out. Thanks again.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
No worries! Here's the WW schedules coming up - http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF - looks like they have four boats leaving for Baltimore in the next two weeks - the 15th, 16th, 18th and 24th. Hopefully you'll be on one of those!

Chris, thanks for the quick response. I had read that post earlier and checked my paperwork and see my port is (BALPOA) Baltimore. I will see if I can figure it all out. Thanks again.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:02 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
And you should make up a signature detailing what you're getting so we all know...makes it more fun.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
No worries! Here's the WW schedules coming up - http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF - looks like they have four boats leaving for Baltimore in the next two weeks - the 15th, 16th, 18th and 24th. Hopefully you'll be on one of those!
Sounds good to me. As my Coupe just moved to the Awaiting Transport status on the Owners Lounge page yesterday, I have no idea how long it will be before I see some movement. I am scheduled to attend Mini's on the Dragon on May 1st and my dealer assures me I will be in my new Coupe before that

Old 02-10-2013, 02:20 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
I think we must be tracking the same. Automated Ask Mini says mine is setting on the dock (for a week and a half now). Now, OL won't show my complete VIN but just the last 7 and.....and.....has a date saying March 21, 2013 as being received. Go figure. Tack and Trace shows other VINs that are older than mine as being loaded onto a ship. It's a plot to drive me more crazy than I've become since ordering this.
I can so relate on the stress of our Minis sitting at the port and not being booked. I told me Wife that when I wake up tomorrow if my Mini isn't being loaded on the Boat I am going off on Mini. You really need to call them tomorrow at 9 AM Est and ask WTH is up with the partial VIN issue.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Signature

And you should make up a signature detailing what you're getting so we all know...makes it more fun.
Did it work?

Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Sure did! Looks good.

Did it work?

Old 02-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Sure did! Looks good.
Thanks Chris. I'll have to edit it to make it look a little better and maybe list a few more features of the car.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:31 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
I completed production on 6 Feb and the next ship leaves for Baltimore on 15 Feb. I'm not showing on the ship tracking site yet. Think I'll make it?
I'd love to say yes - but I'm in the same situation.... I'm pretty sure my CM arrived in Bremerhaven on Tues or Weds last week and missed two ships to Baltimore...

Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
I'd love to say yes - but I'm in the same situation.... I'm pretty sure my CM arrived in Bremerhaven on Tues or Weds last week and missed two ships to Baltimore...
I've got fingers crossed for both of us.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Well,I didn't make the Tombarra. In so bummed. Waiting at port for two days ahead of time had me hoping I'd catch that ship. Now I get to wait for the Tongala that doesn't leave until the 26th and arrives in CA on or about 3/20.. I'm beyond irritated.
Cheers to two extra weeks added to my wait. It seems like they have ships headed to the east coast a lot more often. What gives?
A very impatient and disgruntled girl am I.
So bummed for you girl!!!! The only thing I can think of is the Gentle Leader was never on any of the Boards. One day I checked and my girl was booked. It's possible that will happen for you too!!! Fingers Crossed

Old 02-11-2013, 03:53 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Progress

PETE IS LOADED!

I guess the first thing he did after getting aboard was hit the Duty Free bar!

Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Crap! Mini's on the Dragon? I live in NC and didn't know about that. I've ridden the Dragon on my bike but was underwhelmed. I know of roads nearby that are longer with better curves and not near the possibility of getting killed by a crotch rocket gone off course. Good luck with the wait, the more you get into it the more frustrating it becomes trying to track these. I've taken to drinking.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Crap! Mini's on the Dragon? I live in NC and didn't know about that. I've ridden the Dragon on my bike but was underwhelmed. I know of roads nearby that are longer with better curves and not near the possibility of getting killed by a crotch rocket gone off course. Good luck with the wait, the more you get into it the more frustrating it becomes trying to track these. I've taken to drinking.
I love the Dragon, especially on my ZX14! I will confess I had more fun with my mates, riding the Cherohala Skyway. They had Cruisers and I was on the Ninja. It was March and lots of Snow above 5,000 feet. Best of all no speed traps. If I go to Mini's on the Dragon, I'd deffo take the long road home!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Two roads in NC that are a MUST DO either on a bike or a Mini. Hwy. 209 between Hot Springs and Interstate 40 (incredible). Second is a loop starting in Franklin, NC on Hwy 28 North. Take it to Hwy. 74/19 and go South. You come to a road that exits only to the left called Powerhouse/Wayah. Take that South to Hwy 64 and you'll end up back in Franklin. Check them both out on Google Maps. Ride these two roads and you'll thank me...

Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Two roads in NC that are a MUST DO either on a bike or a Mini. Hwy. 209 between Hot Springs and Interstate 40 (incredible). Second is a loop starting in Franklin, NC on Hwy 28 North. Take it to Hwy. 74/19 and go South. You come to a road that exits only to the left called Powerhouse/Wayah. Take that South to Hwy 64 and you'll end up back in Franklin. Check them both out on Google Maps. Ride these two roads and you'll thank me...
Thanks already! Here's a link to my members gallery with a few shots from last years ride,

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&ppuser=80097

Old 02-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Great shots! You image #02138 (white on white Mini) is my color scheme too except I have the black wheels. I plan to start my own gallery as soon as mine gets here, can't wait!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:21 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Have almost given up getting on the Manon as I am watching the VINs get loaded and there is absolutely NO METHOD to the madness that I can see it actually appears very random. On the good side the Manon can carry 3,700 standard Sedans so that would mean they probably can carry a bit more if all they had were Minis not taking the CMs into account as they are a bit larger. Keeping fingers crossed but expectations are very low as I've already updated my SIG for the next boat, yet again. Just got to get here before the financing deal expires.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Gear 6
1st Gear
@weaf27, I'm right there with ya! Sitting here on the Track and Trace site hitting enter over and over again is getting really old. I'm in FL also so we should be on the same boat. I was trying to find a vin that is going to the Brunswick port so I could backtrack to the bill of lading number, which I'm thinking would be the same for all the Mini's being unloaded at the same port.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
weaf & gear,

crossing fingers for you guys! Been a long wait

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group