1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Gear 6
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks blknblu!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Gear 6
@weaf27, I'm right there with ya! Sitting here on the Track and Trace site hitting enter over and over again is getting really old. I'm in FL also so we should be on the same boat. I was trying to find a vin that is going to the Brunswick port so I could backtrack to the bill of lading number, which I'm thinking would be the same for all the Mini's being unloaded at the same port.
I keep searching WMWSU% and then sorting the 5000 by date so that I can see the last car posted and check the times. As long as the times keep going there is always a chance but once they stop that means the boat is preparing to leave port . Just trying to be positive...

When you do that you can see the VINs and there really is no method to the madness (That I can see although I really hope there is) no matter when the car was built or what it is.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:44 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
Have almost given up getting on the Manon as I am watching the VINs get loaded and there is absolutely NO METHOD to the madness that I can see it actually appears very random. On the good side the Manon can carry 3,700 standard Sedans so that would mean they probably can carry a bit more if all they had were Minis not taking the CMs into account as they are a bit larger. Keeping fingers crossed but expectations are very low as I've already updated my SIG for the next boat, yet again. Just got to get here before the financing deal expires.
Maybe the financing deal????????? Dealer surely wouldn't do that, I wouldn't think!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Gear 6
1st Gear
If you look at those with today's date, the unloading port is NY... I just don't think they've gotten to ours yet... Are you sure Brunswick our port since we live in FL?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM
martincohn
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK strange happenings in MINI land. Called automated robot line yesterday and this AM and says "being transported to the port of exit".

Talked to a live body just now and they said final QA finished this morning.

Robot was always behind a live body every time I checked for this MINI and last. Anyone else get the auto line saying it's further along than a live body?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
I keep searching WMWSU% and then sorting the 5000 by date so that I can see the last car posted and check the times. As long as the times keep going there is always a chance but once they stop that means the boat is preparing to leave port . Just trying to be positive...

When you do that you can see the VINs and there really is no method to the madness (That I can see although I really hope there is) no matter when the car was built or what it is.
Maybe in the order they will unload them, and there are lanes inside these ships, so when they unload they still want the weight distribution even.
You still got time, she doesn't sail until 1600hrs EST.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Prodigalson
1st Gear
Yea, hoping Amelia gets on Manon today, been done since the 4th. Nothing yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Prodigalson
Yea, hoping Amelia gets on Manon today, been done since the 4th. Nothing yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Mine just was loaded on the Manon. I hope yours can make the journey over with mine!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Prodigalson
1st Gear
Awesome! Congradulations! I am hoping, right now I am still getting "No Record Found". Will it stay that way until it's loaded?

Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
Awesome! Congradulations! I am hoping, right now I am still getting "No Record Found". Will it stay that way until it's loaded?
Thanks!

My record showed up at WW about 2-3 days before it was loaded. It said "Received at Terminal" for those couple of days and then updated this morning to "Loaded On Vessel".

Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by martincohn
OK strange happenings in MINI land. Called automated robot line yesterday and this AM and says "being transported to the port of exit".

Robot was always behind a live body every time I checked for this MINI and last. Anyone else get the auto line saying it's further along than a live body?

Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Feeling your stress and I think you are the oldest order I can see based on signatures on here awaiting the ride home. Your order is why I think the allocation issue is broken since you could have already been sent to production in early December. I know why they do it to keep the dealers honest and to help keep the playing/selling ground fair but there should be a way for Mini to confirm "Customer Ordered" cars are real customers so that they are not penalized by the whole allocation issues. This way no matter where you go small dealer or big you would be guaranteed to get your car ordered and in line at the factory and not the dealers allocation line first. Supposedly Dealers have been saying the system is broken for years (most car companies do this) but no one has stepped forward to fix it and with companies that offer lots of options, Mini being the leader at that it really slows the process down for customer who order custom cars way before it ever even gets to the factory.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:45 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear

Same thing happened to me when my car finished production, I was like really???? The guy told me to call back next day and it was on train to port and loaded on the ship. Good Luck

Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
If you look at those with today's date, the unloading port is NY... I just don't think they've gotten to ours yet... Are you sure Brunswick our port since we live in FL?
According to everything I've read and my MA all say that Brunswick GA is the main port for offloading Minis in the SE of the U.S. and supposedly that covers all of FL but it never hurts to double check with your MA.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Prodigalson
1st Gear
Yea, at this point I'm looking at 13-15 weeks really. The part that irritates me, is that I went and drove them in October, and specifically told my MA that 'hey, I want to get it at the end of January, what do we need to do'. I was told it took 6-8 weeks, so I ordered in December. *shrug* not much I can do really. On the upside, my birthday is on March 15th, so if I can get it before that, I'll be happy still. Just staying upbeat and happy about the entire thing, still love the car, still super excited about it!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Gear 6
1st Gear
Yes, Brunswick, GA is the port that services FL. Just confirmed with my MA. He's in out of town in training so wasn't able to check what boat I'm scheduled for.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Not to be a downer but I think for those of us that have not been loaded on the Manon it doesn't look good as they stopped showing Minis being loaded as of 1:26 PM Southhampton, UK time. So unless they are on a really long break, the computers went down or something else I am going with we missed yet another ship.

EDITED: They have resumed boarding!

Last edited by weaf27; 02-11-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
So bummed for you girl!!!! The only thing I can think of is the Gentle Leader was never on any of the Boards. One day I checked and my girl was booked. It's possible that will happen for you too!!! Fingers Crossed
Thanks GG! I sure hope there is a mystery ship in my future!

Bad news (besides being a day late and a dollar short)...I called ASK MINI this morning and even though the automated has said since FRIDAY she's 'being transported to the port of exit', the live person I spoke to said that they show she hasn't even l left the plant yet!! WTF? She said I'm the second person she knows of that the automated is ahead of what they show in their systems. How irritating. So I've been on cloud 9 since Friday thinking I could have made the Tombarra, when she's been sitting in Oxford the whole time.
Think happy thoughts....breathe....growl...

Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
Not to be a downer but I think for those of us that have not been loaded on the Manon it doesn't look good as they stopped showing Minis being loaded as of 1:26 PM Southhampton, UK time. So unless they are on a really long break, the computers went down or something else I am going with we missed yet another ship.
Oh that stinks! With as long as you've been waiting, I'd trade you my spot on the ship if I could!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Gear 6
1st Gear
It makes no sense that there have been no Mini's (that I can see) with Brunswick, GA as the Port of Discharge. Maybe they finished NY and are getting ready to load the rest?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
seabeast
2nd Gear
As of right now, Tombarra is 5,578.1 miles from Port Hueneme.

Just sayin'.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear

Me!!! Same exact issue. Production confirmed finished on Thursday the 7th. Mine's been 'being transported' since Friday. I was hoping to catch a ship yesterday and found out this morning from a live person that she's still sitting in Oxford. Maybe you talked to the same person there, because she said I'm the second person to have heard better news from the automated system and she was going to talk to her supervisor about it.
I feel your frustration. My wait has been extended by two weeks now that I missed the Tombarra yesterday.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Raska
Oh that stinks! With as long as you've been waiting, I'd trade you my spot on the ship if I could!
You are too kind. Even if it was possible I could never make anyone wait for their Mini longer then possible. Plus even with all the delays many of us have gone through I am a firm believer in both Karma and that things happen for a reason even if it makes us want to scream.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
"Being transported" also includes the time that it waits in Oxford for a train to show up and for it to be loaded on the train. It basically includes everything that happens from the second it finishes QA until it is halfway across the Atlantic (most likely anyways...my car is on a boat, but it still says "awaiting transport" in the OL - but the autobot says that it's at the port waiting for a boat.)

There's some vague wording in these categories to be sure.

Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Me!!! Same exact issue. Production confirmed finished on Thursday the 7th. Mine's been 'being transported' since Friday. I was hoping to catch a ship yesterday and found out this morning from a live person that she's still sitting in Oxford. Maybe you talked to the same person there, because she said I'm the second person to have heard better news from the automated system and she was going to talk to her supervisor about it.
I feel your frustration. My wait has been extended by two weeks now that I missed the Tombarra yesterday.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
It makes no sense that there have been no Mini's (that I can see) with Brunswick, GA as the Port of Discharge. Maybe they finished NY and are getting ready to load the rest?
You are SO RIGHT! Not seeing my VIN yet but lots of new cars just got loaded. Not sure what the major delay was but it has given me new hope and to think I was getting ready to call ASK-MINI and talk their ear off trying to figure out the method to the madness. You would think since GA is one of the last stops it would be one of the first to be loaded but I will be happy even if I am the absolute last to be loaded, just want my baby to get a ride home.

EDITED: Your on to something, as currently they are boarding cars going to HALIFAX, NS and I currently have not found ANY going to Brunswick, GA so maybe the next batch will all be Brunswick, GA?

Last edited by weaf27; 02-11-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group