1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 PM
seabeast
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lady_May

Bahahaha, well depending on where you are updating from......they don't update once they hit open water in the Atlantic. I only know this because......I set up my own personal account to track my SPECIFIC ship, through several ship trackers (including the official U.S. Coast Guard tracking system) and once they get off the coast of Spain they don't update till they get close to the coast of the U.S. a la Bermuda range. See.....I am a maniac.
Oh, noooo! Say it isn't true! I need hourly updates.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:44 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
God. I cannot get my MA to respond at all. I'm supposed to take delivery no later than tomorrow and he hasn't answered one email today. Uggggg.
I'd call the main # and ask for the Sales Manager. When he/she answers immediately apologize for "bothering" them and mention you were just calling your MA for the first time in 2 months but can't seem to get them to answer or call you back. If they ask how they can help you, state "Yes, I just have a very simple question" (the setup) and then ask whatever you like.

The "apology" and "Bothering" them is pointing out in a very indirect way that you are being ignored.
The "Simple Question" is a setup that if they can't answer the "simple" question they must not be very good at their job.

I'd expect a great Sales Manager to get answer your question while an average one will simply hand it over the the MA that hasn't been doing their job anyways. (although they could be slammed and trying to get the MA to take responsibility but still another form of passing the responsibility instead of taking the bull by the horns per say and helping the customer).

Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 PM
ChefTyGuy
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
**SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION** as of 217am EST

Old 02-13-2013, 11:55 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
*chirp* chirp*

So quiet today can hear the crickets.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Prodigalson
1st Gear
We're all holding our breaths for the boats this weekend. I also just got hit by a tornado in Hattiesburg, so there is that as well. However, at least I hadn't just received a new MINI and watched it get destroyed!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
*chirp* chirp*

Probably because if I say anything it will include murderous undertones directed at my MA......still can't get a hard delivery date from them....have to pay for the car even though it's not here because otherwise I will have to rewrite my loan...and he acts as if I'm bothering him for calling. GRRRR

Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Probably because if I say anything it will include murderous undertones directed at my MA......still can't get a hard delivery date from them....have to pay for the car even though it's not hear because otherwise I will have to rewrite my loan...and he acts as if I'm bothering him for calling. GRRRR
Sounds jacked up. If I had to pre-pay for something that isn't even available to take home yet I think I'd be asking for a loaner off the showroom floor, something to inspire them to get your car to you ASAP. Imagine doing the loan and then making a payment all while still not having your car? From what my dealer told me after I did the loan as I asked if it would start day one or when the car was delivered and he told me that they can't complete the loan until they have physically received that car into their possession and all paperwork from Mini/BMW to them was completed as they would have to provide paperwork from the car to the bank to finalize the deal. Kind of like a closing when you buy a house...you can get the loan pre-approval months before but not actually "Buy" the house until all parties agree plus a lot of debits/credits based on when you move it as you do NOT pay for what you do not have possession of.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Agree about the crickets as I've been on the site all day waiting for someone to say "Something" but the other half of the time I keep checking "Tack and Trace" to see if they have started booking any Minis yet, they have NOT. Dying here....BOOK our Minis so we all can all take a breath!

If my baby doesn't make one of the two boats this weekend I am changing me PICK UP DATE ETA TO "WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER"!

EDITED: REALLY!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Prodigalson
1st Gear
I called my MA last week and asked what I needed to do about financing, and he basically told me don't worry about it at all till the car was going to be delivered. Now, they may be planning on trying to screw me on the .9 financing stuff, but they haven't tried that. I may lose my cool at that point.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM
mb2020
3rd Gear
I am not as far along as many of you guys but I am wondering about the earlier process that they are telling me. I have a production number and my MA says I am set for first week in March production but they sometimes move up once it is marked customer sold. OL says ordered but no date set for production. Ask mini live says set for production but no start date. I asked about the March 1st start with Ask Mini and they say based on the status they have it may have already started but the system has not updated or it will be starting very soon. Anyone have a similar story? I would guess my MA is the most accurate? Is that usually the case?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Prodigalson
1st Gear
If you have a production order number, it's moving as fast as it can. The hickup (for me) was when they told me it was ordered, but then didn't give me one. At this point the askmini people are the best source of information as it moves through the production cycle (IMHO).

Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mb2020
I am not as far along as many of you guys but I am wondering about the earlier process that they are telling me. I have a production number and my MA says I am set for first week in March production but they sometimes move up once it is marked customer sold. OL says ordered but no date set for production. Ask mini live says set for production but no start date. I asked about the March 1st start with Ask Mini and they say based on the status they have it may have already started but the system has not updated or it will be starting very soon. Anyone have a similar story? I would guess my MA is the most accurate? Is that usually the case?
Not sure when you placed your order but your MA is more likely to be right on when the work will start as they do get estimated times and they do this regularly. If I were you I'd call Ask-Mini about every 5 days just to check status and once it does "START" you will usually get a VIN in the OL within 48 hours (The VIN in the OL is about the only thing that appears to be timely in the OL). I hate telling people to be patient but the first half seems like the most painful part but it really isn't...wait until it is completed and sitting at a port with NO Updates...its like someone cooking a great meal that you you can't stop smelling and thinking how awesome it would be to eat it...as your mouth waters but you look all over and simply can't find the d@mn food....but you smell it. That is what the last few weeks are like.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mb2020
I'm in the same boat as you. On order, scheduled for production but no date. But, on e it all starts it goes very quickly, or at least it did for me three years ago. But my car then, seemed to hit the shipping timing perfectly. For me, it'll probably be just the opposite this time around. Good luck to you on this venture.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:23 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Prodigalson
We're all holding our breaths for the boats this weekend. I also just got hit by a tornado in Hattiesburg, so there is that as well. However, at least I hadn't just received a new MINI and watched it get destroyed!
To heck with the cars... Seriously is everything ok? Your well being is more important than the discussion about MINIs...

Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Well the Honor is leaving BremerHaven and I haven't got confirmation that Quix was put on board as of yet from my MA. Anyone else know if they got on board it?

Going back to check the track and trace again.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
The stages of ordering a Mini:
1. Excitement knowing you can track it all the way thru.
2. Frustration in taking forever to get a production number.
3. Anger in getting a VIN and production number but finding out OL is worthless.
4. Increased anger in the lack of information on it's whereabouts, daily.
5. Apathy when you reside yourself that one day it may get onto a boat.
6. Emotional void, I'm at this stage in ordering mine so I have to wait and establish the new feelings as they develop.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Yep, you took one of thier slots . Now they getting parts together about 5 or so days. Then 1+days to build. Then they need to test and off you go to port. Might want to call ask mini and talk to live person and see if they have a production start day for you. Good Luck Lots o popcorn around this thread.
SWEEET!!! thats what it seemed like. yup, i've been lurking on this thread for a while and have been entertained quite a bit!

now its the hurry up and wait game..

Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Originally Posted by seabeast
Nice build, BTW. I went with the sport suspension (and 16" wheels), which seems to be a relatively rare combination. Based on what I read here and elsewhere on the web, if you think you might eventually want sport suspension, now's the time to get it.

-Brett

so would i have the dealer install it or does it get installed at port? or before it gets shipped here? i've been thinking more and more about that sports suspension now that i'm prob upgrading to the JCW Tuning kit this coming xmas

Thanks for the info buddy!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:35 PM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
*chirp* chirp*

Ya'll know why its so quite here today don't ya'll,
GG is busy tracking her baby thru the triangle.
Just jerking your chain GG.
WFL

Old 02-13-2013, 03:35 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Prodigalson
I"m hoping you all get your MINIs!!! i want more pics and curious to see everyone's custom builds.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WilliamRobert
Ya'll know why its so quite here today don't ya'll,
GG is busy tracking her baby thru the triangle.
Just jerking your chain GG.
WFL
ROFL!!!

At this point if her MNI doesn't show keep an eye on the SOCAL news and there will massive news coverage as she swims the Panama Canal looking for her baby

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear

Probably because if I say anything it will include murderous undertones directed at my MA......still can't get a hard delivery date from them....have to pay for the car even though it's not here because otherwise I will have to rewrite my loan...and he acts as if I'm bothering him for calling. GRRRR
That blows...

Maybe you should just innocently show up at dealer and see how things are progressing

Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
I feel bad for you guys stuck in Germany :(

Old 02-13-2013, 04:29 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Nah! GG will go to the dealer and have them give her a Tugboat as a loaner...go find that Cargo ship and drag it to port.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
*chirp* chirp*

I know. I've been quiet too. I was finding that more time was being spent on hear obsessing about the car I didn't have than the time I was spending on work. Uh-OH!!!

Not to mention the money I was spending on buying stuff.

Today 3 new MINI baseball caps arrived, a MINI coffee cup, my new emblems soi could send them off to get blinged, My new Eurpoean front license plate and 4 New MINI badges.

My husband is going to kill me!!! I'll have to stay in the MINI when she gets here, I know he won't do anything to me while I'm in it because he won't want to damage the goods. bahahahahahahaha

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group