1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got word that it is in production. Finishing 02/20.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
Just got word that it is in production. Finishing 02/20.
Congrats!

Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 PM
martincohn
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by weaf27
Not that any delay is good but in my book a QC delay that is actually catching issues is always a good thing in the long run even if they hurt in the short run. I'd much rather have my baby in perfect working order then a year from now find my self with a major problem due to poor workmanship or something minor that should have been caught before it became a problem.

...snip...
Have a different view. A car taking 5 days to fix in QC, that takes 8 days on average to build (including paint) indicates one of two things. A BIG problem in the making, or a major component part replacement (engine, transmission, etc.)

No problem with a new engine or transmission swap and just waiting for parts to get delivered, but do have a problem with something that takes them 5 days to fix. But will wait and see what the MA says.

Already got the canned "it's OK, might take some time, this is normal", now waiting for info on what the issue actually is. And WILL get that answer if they want to make that sale.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
I see success stories for Bremerhaven, Yea! sadly I have not seen my vin show up at all yet, track and trace must be broken for me.

There's still hope for the Parsifal which just left, Aida left earlier.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by seabeast
Nice build, BTW. I went with the sport suspension (and 16" wheels), which seems to be a relatively rare combination. Based on what I read here and elsewhere on the web, if you think you might eventually want sport suspension, now's the time to get it. After you get the car, it's more cost-effective to go aftermarket or to only upgrade the sway bar. Since I don't want to mess with the cost and hassle of aftermarket, I decided it was worth $500 to get the factory sport suspension. I'm crossing my fingers the ride isn't too harsh, though hopefully the 16" wheels will help that.

-Brett
Btw Brett, i called my MA today and you were on the spot on sports suspension after the fact; it would cost about $3200 total to add that after its been built. Also, the JCW Tuning Kit is about $3200 installed by the dealship too.

however, i did get the JCW strut brace added for a mere $325 instead SO best advice is to order the performance addons WHEN YOU BUILD, much cheaper!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Dewey911
I dont have that information yet. As there are no Mini dealerships in ND I deal with Motorwerks Mini/BMW in Minneapolis. This is my 4th Mini and they are really awesome there and always take very good care of me. I am actually waiting for a call right now from my salesman and I will gladly post any new information just as soon as I get some
hey! i'm from Minneapolis and got my Min Coupe ordered from there too!! Did you get Gretchen as your MA? i actually live a few miles from there by the MOA. i'm curious to see how long it will take for you to get yours.. SO JEALOUS!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jimmyselix
hey! i'm from Minneapolis and got my Min Coupe ordered from there too!! Did you get Gretchen as your MA? i actually live a few miles from there by the MOA. i'm curious to see how long it will take for you to get yours.. SO JEALOUS!
Hey there, somebody from my part of the world. Todd is my MA. My Coupe was ordered on Jan 8th and it looks like it will be on a ship (Honor) by this time tomorrow. ETA to Baltimore is 2/27/2013. Have no idea how long it will take to get from Baltimore to Minneapolis. When/what did you order?

Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jimmyselix
Btw Brett, i called my MA today and you were on the spot on sports suspension after the fact; it would cost about $3200 total to add that after its been built. Also, the JCW Tuning Kit is about $3200 installed by the dealship too.

however, i did get the JCW strut brace added for a mere $325 instead SO best advice is to order the performance addons WHEN YOU BUILD, much cheaper!
That's why after test driving and MCS (which I've wanted since Mini returned to the U.S.) and test driving a JCW I decided to bite the bullet and pay the extra $100 (roughly) a month. As my wife called it...an early mid-life crisis. Although if you've seen the crap I've driven and am currently driving...I've saved a ton not having car payments for all too long. From the JCW interior addon, JCW exterior and then throw in the tuning....it only made sense to me. They do say that some people can't tell the two apart or don't notice much of a difference...but I did almost instantly (plus the JCW had the sports suspension which I loved the handling in sharp turns).

Old 02-14-2013, 05:03 PM
KermitClin
1st Gear
Does anyone know how accurate the WW ETA dates are?

My MINI left Southampton on Endurance the 8th and is estimated to arrive in Baltimore on the 17th. Oddly enough, my MA said in an email today it should arrive in Baltimore the first week of March.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
I arrived at Southhmpton on 11 Feb but I'm not showing up on WW yet. Should I forget about having a drink on the Honor?

....I'm freaking out...no I'm not...yes I am..... no I'm Ie094t5eugunrbgvndkjzbvksjbdgvs;kj

Old 02-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Deli
6th Gear
Originally Posted by KermitClin
Does anyone know how accurate the WW ETA dates are?

My MINI left Southampton on Endurance the 8th and is estimated to arrive in Baltimore on the 17th. Oddly enough, my MA said in an email today it should arrive in Baltimore the first week of March.
My records show the Endurance arriving in B'More on the 16th.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:02 PM
KermitClin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
My records show the Endurance arriving in B'More on the 16th.
That's what the original schedule showed me too when I first looked at it. However when I enter my VIN into WW track and trace, it shows the 17th. Either way, there's a big difference between the 16th/17th that I see and the first week of March that my MA is telling me. So I'm trying to figure out how accurate WW's ETAs are.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Nary a Jack served straight up but a Woodford Reserve. I too was a Jack lover (my last name is Daniel) til I met Woodford reserve in a martini bar in Sedona. Sweetest sippin' whiskey around.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Ok, so my wife calls my MA today to ask for an update. He says that my Mini is on a ship already. WW begs to differ. Whom do I believe?

Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM
PFSIII
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
Ok, so my wife calls my MA today to ask for an update. He says that my Mini is on a ship already. WW begs to differ. Whom do I believe?
I think your MA probably has better information as to whether you are booked on the ship. My Mini showed up on the tracking site today, 2/14 but the booking date is listed as 2/8.
Now, the ship's location and whether you are booked or already aboard? I'd go with the shipping company.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:37 AM
Deli
6th Gear
I'm on board!

Old 02-15-2013, 03:49 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
I'd hold your MA to it (the MA might be right) and call back and say "Hey I heard I was on a ship and based on our location I heard the ships take "X" days to get here (east coast is about 14, west coast I keep hearing 21), so when do you (the MA) expect it at the dealer?"

This way if it does show up...it is a good thing and if it doesn't you can enjoy watching them back peddle... IMHO I'd hope the MA was right as sooner is always better.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:52 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
I arrived at Southhmpton on 11 Feb but I'm not showing up on WW yet. Should I forget about having a drink on the Honor?

....I'm freaking out...no I'm not...yes I am..... no I'm Ie094t5eugunrbgvndkjzbvksjbdgvs;kj
Last thing I want to do to anyone is crush their hope of any kind but I would not get your hopes up too high today. My Mini was completed on Feb 1st (destination Brunswick, GA so it is a different port then yours) and based on what I have been watching on the shipping I am not getting my hopes up high for today's ship even though I had originally. I am now already thinking I may have better luck with Sunday's ship.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 AM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Yea, Quix is on the AIDA!! I can finallly rest a little bit easier.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Last thing I want to do to anyone is crush their hope of any kind but I would not get your hopes up too high today. My Mini was completed on Feb 1st (destination Brunswick, GA so it is a different port then yours) and based on what I have been watching on the shipping I am not getting my hopes up high for today's ship even though I had originally. I am now already thinking I may have better luck with Sunday's ship.
Bummer, bet your ready to charter your own ship

Old 02-15-2013, 04:39 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Both today's (Honor) and Sunday's (Don Juan) ships arrive in GA on March 4. Obviously your MINI heard that there's going to be a bit too much drinking on the Honor and prefers to arrive on shore sober.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:45 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
Bummer, bet your ready to charter your own ship
I think everyone with a destination of Brunswick, GA maybe feeling like the redheaded stepchild if our port is ignored again today. I never fully give up hope but the tell tale signs of previous are already showing so I may cross my fingers to get "Received at Terminal" tomorrow with a boarding pass for the Don Juan if he will actually take some of us Minis destined for Brunswick.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:58 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
Both today's (Honor) and Sunday's (Don Juan) ships arrive in GA on March 4. Obviously your MINI heard that there's going to be a bit too much drinking on the Honor and prefers to arrive on shore sober.
Sober, Drunk or anything in-between would be nice at this point. If she misses both boats (today and Sunday) I will feel really bad for Ask-Mini as I will begin calling them from 9 to 9 hourly until I've annoyed them to the point someone, somewhere will get my baby home to get me to stop calling.

I had a computer parts company refuse to help me once with an outstanding order that no one could tell me why it hadn't shipped after ordering parts 2 weeks prior and Sales kept sending me to billing for some stupid reason (they already had my money) and no one would get me a manager. My solution was to use 8 phone lines i had and tie up 8 sales lines on auto-dial until someone gave me an answer...wouldn't you know after 5 minutes of that a manager jumped on the line and promised to ship everything that day overnight! Funny how no one can give you an answer until you make it painful for them.

Not that I would do that to Ask-Mini as I know I am just being impatient and don't have a full understanding of their logistics for getting their cars from factory to the dealer but from my perspective it sucks to be left in the dark.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:06 AM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
The Green Machine is loaded on the AIDA bound for Baltimore. It feels like I just got a double dose of Valium. Ahhhhhhh. What's weird is that WW says I'm loaded at Bemerhaven when I thought we all left out of Southampton.

Edit: Countryman and Paceman are made in Graz, Austria. The first MINI's made outside of the UK. I feel a little sad about that.

Last edited by Dog Boy; 02-15-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
All aboard!!!

Well according to Track and Trace my Baby is on board the Honor. I see several other VIN's on board as well. Here's hoping that everyones Baby makes it today

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group