1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:55 AM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The (201)307-4000 number leads to a live operator. Feel free to call and ask who you should speak to. While I don't want to harass them, more than one call might get more attention.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:05 AM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
3 people

Each person I got intouch with said "Sophy Mak - (201) 263-8211" is our best shot I left a message.

Sophy said that she is going to follow up asked for prod and last 7 of VIN she said she would follow up tomorrow morning or afternoon at the latest. She said she wasn't aware of any hold on 2013. She said she has got a ton of call today about this same problem. I will let y'all know what she says and you can always call yourself. She seemed concerned about anything early june and before. She wasn't so concerned when I said late June.

we will all be rollin' soon and the wait will make it all the better. (unless you have a dire need such as a scheduled track day. sorry :(

Last edited by MIDLYF; 07-30-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: call from sophy
Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 PM
tab
2nd Gear
Nice Job!
I think I will wait and see what she says before adding more noise to her voice mail box

Originally Posted by MIDLYF
Each person I got intouch with said "Sophy Mak - (201) 263-8211" is our best shot I left a message.

Sophy said that she is going to follow up asked for prod and last 7 of VIN she said she would follow up tomorrow morning or afternoon at the latest. She said she wasn't aware of any hold on 2013. She said she has got a ton of call today about this same problem. I will let y'all know what she says and you can always call yourself. She seemed concerned about anything early june and before. She wasn't so concerned when I said late June.

we will all be rollin' soon and the wait will make it all the better. (unless you have a dire need such as a scheduled track day. sorry :(

Old 07-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
Here is the response from MiniUSA to the e-mail I sent last week:

We understand you're anxious to start motoring around in your MINI, and we apologize for any delay in that endeavor. *Unfortunately, we are not provided any updates on your MINI's status once it has been released from the port of exit in England. *Your motoring advisor at your authorized MINI dealer will be in the best position to provide you with an estimated arrival date of your MINI Cooper S Roadster. *We certainly hope you are able to enjoy your new vehicle soon!

Old 07-30-2012, 03:02 PM
tab
2nd Gear
Yeah that's what the operator tells you on the ask mini phone line as well

Originally Posted by Retired Rev
Here is the response from MiniUSA to the e-mail I sent last week:

We understand you're anxious to start motoring around in your MINI, and we apologize for any delay in that endeavor. *Unfortunately, we are not provided any updates on your MINI's status once it has been released from the port of exit in England. *Your motoring advisor at your authorized MINI dealer will be in the best position to provide you with an estimated arrival date of your MINI Cooper S Roadster. *We certainly hope you are able to enjoy your new vehicle soon!

Old 07-30-2012, 03:30 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I say released to carrier tommorow July 31st. First for sale to buyer Aug 1st. If I was a betting man, that's what I'd go with.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:02 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
guys straight from miniusa

I just received word that the monroney stickers are to be released and CARB issued EPA certificates on the following models.

Cooper Hardtop
13MA
Cooper S Hardtop
13MB
JCW Hardtop
13MC
Cooper Convertible
13MD
Cooper S Convertible
13ME
JCW Convertibles
13MF
Cooper Clubman
13MG
Cooper S Clubman
13MH
JCW Clubman
13MI
Cooper Coupe
13MN
Cooper S Coupe
13MO
JCW Coupe
13MP
Cooper Roadster
13MQ
Cooper S Roadster
13MR
JCW Roadster
13MS

Old 07-30-2012, 04:28 PM
tab
2nd Gear
Did they say when by chance??

[QUOTE=MIDLYF;3561343]I just received word that the monroney stickers are to be released and CARB issued EPA certificates on the following models.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:01 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
on schedule

I take this with a grain of salt however, I was told I am still on schedule for the 13th of August. I will see what sophy says tomorrow but this came directly from mini/bmw. I also received this now from two GM's including mine.

I hope they are not blowing smoke up our "boots" - Please don't kill the messenger I thought I would share. You can call your dealerships GM's bet you get similar info to the email I have.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:17 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
I take this with a grain of salt however, I was told I am still on schedule for the 13th of August. I will see what sophy says tomorrow but this came directly from mini/bmw. I also received this now from two GM's including mine.

I hope they are not blowing smoke up our "boots" - Please don't kill the messenger I thought I would share. You can call your dealerships GM's bet you get similar info to the email I have.
Where are you, if you don't mind me asking.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:25 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
lone star state

I am in central texas

Old 07-30-2012, 05:40 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Sorry but I should of asked. How far is your VDC from you. As I am less then 1/2 hour from where the cars are.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:47 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
Ga -tx

Car is coming from GA VDC - Then TX

Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Andrew_C
2nd Gear

This is what my MA told me. My car arrives at the dock this weekend in Baltimore and I live in Ohio.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
Hmmm... Hopefully its not going to take them 2 weeks to get the cars to the local dealers here in NJ, though they probably have quite the backlog at the VDC now. Anyone local get an updated pickup date?

Old 07-30-2012, 09:30 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Mine is off the boat now and sitting collecting dust at the VDC!

Old 07-31-2012, 04:22 AM
mattkosem
5th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew_C
This is what my MA told me. My car arrives at the dock this weekend in Baltimore and I live in Ohio.
On the Integrity headed to Classic like me? Last I spoke with my MA at the end of last week, and asked about delays, he said he wasn't aware of any. I was told it takes ~2 weeks on average to get the cars from Baltimore to this dealership, so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to see it by the 17th or so.

--Matt

Old 07-31-2012, 05:04 AM
tab
2nd Gear
Emailed with my salesman last night, not helpful, Told me he looks every day at the expected delivery dates and it says my mini will leave the VDC Aug 3. ( after sitting there for 15 days ), but htat does not mean anything until it actually leaves. I asked him if he would check with the district manager and he asked me why. It is out of our control. Not is any way a customer service oriented dealership and I am paying for this service?

This list knows more about whats happening then they claim to

Old 07-31-2012, 06:41 AM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tab
Emailed with my salesman last night, not helpful, Told me he looks every day at the expected delivery dates and it says my mini will leave the VDC Aug 3. ( after sitting there for 15 days ), but htat does not mean anything until it actually leaves. I asked him if he would check with the district manager and he asked me why. It is out of our control. Not is any way a customer service oriented dealership and I am paying for this service?

This list knows more about whats happening then they claim to
I'd be thrilled if mine left GA on the 3rd as I am less than a days drive from there.

Day 12 at the VDC and counting.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:18 AM
tab
2nd Gear
Ok How about some good news

Dealer just emailed "So this morning they were released to
carrier. But that doesn't mean it's on a truck. The next date I am
waiting for is the actual delivery date...not the estimated."

Who was it that predicted the release would happen on the 31st

Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 AM
GreyNation
2nd Gear
Tab, that is good news!

Now if I could only find out if mine made it on a boat I'd be happy. No update from the Owner's Lounge, Nothing on WW and K-line is hopeless.

To everyone that will be picking up their cars soon, post pics. At least I can live vicariously through you until mine arrives.

Back to the popcorn! I think I'm going to hate popcorn by the time mine gets here.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:48 AM
jkapinos
5th Gear
I Got My Car!!.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:57 AM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tab
Ok How about some good news

Dealer just emailed "So this morning they were released to
carrier. But that doesn't mean it's on a truck. The next date I am
waiting for is the actual delivery date...not the estimated."

Who was it that predicted the release would happen on the 31st
Me and I knew I'd be the first to get Mine, as I'm only 10 mins from the VDC.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:03 AM
GreyNation
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jkapinos
I Got My Car!!.
Congrats!

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 AM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
Gah, I'd have been camping out at the VDC if I could get my car directly from there Now I'm stuck waiting for my dealer to do their thing :(

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group