1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Athens Highway! Supposed to dock in Baltimore on 2-19-2013 about 1:30 PM.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=370121000

Old 02-16-2013, 07:26 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Yes I did. Went a little carbon fiber crazy! That's the wonderful thing about putting together a MINI, so many choices and variations to choose from. Then the aftermarket mods, never ending.
Envy... PLEASE, PLEASE post pictures of the dash area when you get your baby. I know what you are talking about, about the mods... I was considering the extended warranty but now I've changed my mind and am just trying to think of things I can do without voiding the factory warranty. The ECU reprogramming from Renntech is soooo hard to resist. I saw one that was something to the effect of bringing up a JCW 2012 to 248 HP for only $995 (with the old N14) so I figure they can do at least that with the newer N18 version on the JCW 2013!
Plus with all the other basic modes I could easily be driving around in a JCW pushing about 289 HP! That is a VERY HARD TEMPTATION to resist!

For now I think my first mod will be looking to add the lumbar support and some blackout trim parts. Before that will of course be a stubby antenna and a really glossy finish to make my baby shine like a mirror.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
My MA confirmed that mine was on a ship to but the ships ability to update was down.
If the crew paid attention to their jobs instead of drooling over our beautiful cars this wouldn't happen!!!

You will note that the ship is in Greenwich Mean Time Zone so it is 4:45 p.m.

THE BAR OPENS IN 15 MINUTES!

Old 02-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Superchicken
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
Athens Highway! Supposed to dock in Baltimore on 2-19-2013 about 1:30 PM.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=370121000

We're cruising together then! I can't wait. Just listed my old Miata on CL today to sell. Time to get ready!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:30 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
If the crew paid attention to their jobs instead of drooling over our beautiful cars this wouldn't happen!!!

You will note that the ship is in Greenwich Mean Time Zone so it is 4:45 p.m.

THE BAR OPENS IN 15 MINUTES!
Dude - haven't you ever been on a cruise ship? A handful of bars are open while the ship is still in port, they close for the lifeboat drill, and then they ALL open up until 3 or 4 AM. Then they close until 10AM... lather, rinse, repeat...

Old 02-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by weaf27
Envy... PLEASE, PLEASE post pictures of the dash area when you get your baby. I know what you are talking about, about the mods... I was considering the extended warranty but now I've changed my mind and am just trying to think of things I can do without voiding the factory warranty. The ECU reprogramming from Renntech is soooo hard to resist. I saw one that was something to the effect of bringing up a JCW 2012 to 248 HP for only $995 (with the old N14) so I figure they can do at least that with the newer N18 version on the JCW 2013!
Plus with all the other basic modes I could easily be driving around in a JCW pushing about 289 HP! That is a VERY HARD TEMPTATION to resist!

For now I think my first mod will be looking to add the lumbar support and some blackout trim parts. Before that will of course be a stubby antenna and a really glossy finish to make my baby shine like a mirror.
Easy...., easy..... steady yourself weaf! LOL! You're gonna need a bib if you keep drooling over all the mods.

I've decided before I take ownership of the car I'm going to get my detailer to detail her, get the tint done and have a clear bra applied to the bumper, hood, mirrors, doors, rocker panels and forward section of the roof. Get it all done so I don't have to worry about it. Mods, have to wait and see. But I would like to put a short shifter kit in, and maybe down the line a cold air intake and different exhaust. Gotta stay away from the mod bug!

Oh there will be pictures! Looking forward to seeing what your baby girl looks like when you get her, pictures indeed!

Last edited by Tex6 Hawkeye; 02-17-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: forgot rocker panels
Old 02-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Deli
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Dude - haven't you ever been on a cruise ship? A handful of bars are open while the ship is still in port, they close for the lifeboat drill, and then they ALL open up until 3 or 4 AM. Then they close until 10AM... lather, rinse, repeat...
Actually I have.

Are you out in Ohio now? Depending on the time of day I might head over to Sandy Point Park to watch the Honor go by...underneath the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. I'm only about ten minutes from there.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:33 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Easy...., easy..... steady yourself weaf! LOL! You're gonna need a bib if you keep drooling over all the mods.

I've decided before I take ownership of the car I'm going to get my detailer to detail her, get the tint done and have a clear bra applied to the bumper, hood, mirrors, doors and forward section of the roof. Get it all done so I don't have to worry about it. Mods, have to wait and see. But I would like to put a short shifter kit in, and maybe down the line a cold air intake and different exhaust. Gotta stay away from the mod bug!

Oh there will be pictures! Looking forward to seeing what your baby girl looks like when you get her, pictures indeed!
Actually forgot about that...I am having the Dealer get my Mini Tinted with Carbon XP (as dark as legally possible) before I pick it up and a black rubber Mini boot mat for safety when hauling groceries as I don't want anything leaking on my Mini. May do the black rubber mats throughout as they look sharp in the photos compared to the mats that come with the Mini.

I probably should do the clear 3M Bra but probably won't as I really need to see what it looks like on a car before I add it to mine. As for detailing I may not be as good as a professional detailer but I really need to do that myself and see if I can't get a wet look going, ordering those supplies today.

Sadly I will take lots of great photos but as for the options I picked out almost none of them were really for the looks except for the black trim interior, black rims and white turn signals as almost all my options were about performance/handling or the center armrest for comfort or the rear fog was all about keeping stupid people from tailgating at night or in the rain. I am a look too practical for my own good and believe everything should really have a purpose or reason for choosing an option such as the black spoke rims would never have been picked if they were much over the $100 as an option, the black trim was simply an included option and white turn lights looked nicer for only $100 but $2,000 for leather seats...I couldn't justify that even if the lumbar would have helped my lower back for the next 7 years I plan to own my Mini. As for the JCW Dash for $1,000 I didn't even see that option until almost a month after I placed my order. Maybe I can get that wet look going for the photo op?

Last edited by weaf27; 02-16-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Mini taking advantage of the horse meat scandal

Gross but funny in a sick way, I guess.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:08 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Actually I have.

Are you out in Ohio now? Depending on the time of day I might head over to Sandy Point Park to watch the Honor go by...underneath the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. I'm only about ten minutes from there.
I'm excited but I just can't justify the 9 hour drive from Ohio to watch the ship come up the Chesapeake... The last time I looked I believe the Honor was supposed to arrive at Dundalk at 2000 UTC which should be about 3... I'm not sure how long it takes them to sail up the bay though...

There's a DCMM member not far away from you in Severna Park...

Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
As I am currently enjoying a Victory HopDevil and next will be a Highland Seasonal Devil's Britches. (got a theme going). I would like to make a toast to everyone waiting for their Minis to ship...I hope they set sail soon and for those of us out to sea already...here is to safe arrivals for all of us and a speeding delivery to our dealers. Happy and safe weekend to all!

Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
My Green Machine is on the AIDA off the Isle of White; waiting to get into Southampton tomorrow. Is anyone going to be cruising with me?

Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
My Green Machine is on the AIDA off the Isle of White; waiting to get into Southampton tomorrow. Is anyone going to be cruising with me?
Quix, a starlight blue Paceman is already cruising with yea.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Deli
6th Gear
OK, so the Honor is "not currently in range" and has not been for the last day. Do the ships remain that way for the next week, until they get close to their destination (i.e.., Greenland/Nova Scotia/NE US)? Or is this more hit and miss?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:05 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
In preparations for Alice's arrival I've finally spent some real money beyond her "Umbrella Corporation Parking pass" ($2) which is going on the back side window plus I'd love to find a vinyl company local to do a giant "Umbrella Corp" Umbrella for the roof.

I officially spent just a hair over $400 today on cleaning products , yes just things to keep her looking AWESOME! That does include a Porter polisher and pads which was $200 without all the wash, wax, micro-cloths and other goodies.

She is going to look nice when I pick her up later this month but when I am done with her she will look amazing!

Old 02-17-2013, 11:05 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
OK, so the Honor is "not currently in range" and has not been for the last day. Do the ships remain that way for the next week, until they get close to their destination (i.e.., Greenland/Nova Scotia/NE US)? Or is this more hit and miss?
Needs to be near whatever the device is that updates their position. Typically they are along the coasts where the ports are. Like my ship the topeka is somewhere along the cost of Mexico, but of course they don't have any reporting stations until Baja California, so I have to wait until it gets into range and it will show again :(

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
In preparations of Alice's arrival I've finally spent some real money beyond her "Umbrella Corporation Parking pass" which is going on the back side window plus I'd love to find a vinyl company local to do a giant "Umbrella Corp" Umbrella for the roof.

I officially spent just a hair over $400 today on cleaning products , yes just things to keep her looking AWESOME! That does include a Porter and pads which was $200 without all the wash, wax, micro-cloths and other goodies.

She is going to look nice when I pick her up later this month but when I am done with her she will look amazing!
I have a friend with a detailing company, that 400 will buy me a years worth of cleanings

Did you officially get on a ship?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
In preparations for Alice's arrival I've finally spent some real money beyond her "Umbrella Corporation Parking pass" ($2) which is going on the back side window plus I'd love to find a vinyl company local to do a giant "Umbrella Corp" Umbrella for the roof.

I officially spent just a hair over $400 today on cleaning products , yes just things to keep her looking AWESOME! That does include a Porter polisher and pads which was $200 without all the wash, wax, micro-cloths and other goodies.

I hope Alice gets a cool vanity plate. Saw her last night on Blu Ray.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Quixter
Quix, a starlight blue Paceman is already cruising with yea.
Can't wait to see some pix of Quix.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
I have a friend with a detailing company, that 400 will buy me a years worth of cleanings

Did you officially get on a ship?

Yep, I am officially on the Athens Highway!!!

I get paying someone else but I look at it this way $120 was for a tool (the Porter Buffer) which I don't have very many tools as I am a computer person where a screw driver does 90% of everything, another $150+/- was for long term stuff and the rest was actual consumables that should last at least a year or two. Plus I am a little picky and would enjoy both learning how to and take a great deal of personal pride in knowing I did it myself. Just a personal choice that works for me.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
I hope Alice gets a cool vanity plate. Saw her last night on Blu Ray.
Still debating on just the license plate holder right now between a JCW holder, all black, black with "mini" or some nice chrome bones. Not really sure yet.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still debating on just the license plate holder right now between a JCW holder, all black, black with "mini" or some nice chrome bones. Not really sure yet.
Funny, that's one of the only things I won't be buying for my MINI. I'm using the carbon fiber ones from my Bimmer. Well that and cleaning supplies.

For me, I would rather have a professional detailer do the initial detailing, then every 6 months after that. In between I can do the general clean ups.

Last edited by Tex6 Hawkeye; 02-17-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Last update was a little over 12 hours ago on sailwx.info. We should probably see updates every 12 to 24 hours or so, but that depends on how often the ship feels like sending those weather observations...

Old 02-17-2013, 03:26 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Deli: If things run as they did three years ago, yes you won't be able to see anything until Nova Scotia, then blank until it hits NYC harbor. Pretty much in view going down the coast off New Jersey most of the way, then up the Chesapeake Bay. That's 12 hours up the bay, by the way. Once it his the Chesapeak, you think: WOW almost here, but then 12 hours later it still isn't at the dock. Good going.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:00 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Deli: If things run as they did three years ago, yes you won't be able to see anything until Nova Scotia, then blank until it hits NYC harbor. Pretty much in view going down the coast off New Jersey most of the way, then up the Chesapeake Bay. That's 12 hours up the bay, by the way. Once it his the Chesapeak, you think: WOW almost here, but then 12 hours later it still isn't at the dock. Good going.
Sailwx.info has updated information. Last update from the ship was at 0000 UTC today... On the other hand marinetraffic.com won't have any updates until the ship is much closer to the US...

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group