1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Deli
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks; Sailwx.info worked!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Mini-LG
2nd Gear
Ok, I'm getting jealous of all of you talking about ships and dates and all that. I ordered my Mini on Jan 18th and last week ASKMINI told me I had a production date set for 2/25.

Today they told me I have no date. Huh? I'm losing it driving this Hyundai rental car for 6 weeks already! Mini drivers are wondering why some crazy chick in a Sonata is waving at them! It's a reflex at this point, what can I say? Should I just chill out? I emailed my MA today too.

Thanks, LG

Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mini-LG
Ok, I'm getting jealous of all of you talking about ships and dates and all that. I ordered my Mini on Jan 18th and last week ASKMINI told me I had a production date set for 2/25.

Today they told me I have no date. Huh? I'm losing it driving this Hyundai rental car for 6 weeks already! Mini drivers are wondering why some crazy chick in a Sonata is waving at them! It's a reflex at this point, what can I say? Should I just chill out? I emailed my MA today too.

Thanks, LG
Hey LG, I'm in the same "boat" as you are. I'm driving a Chevy Sonic as a rental until my MINI arrives. If you don't hear from your MA, make an unexpected visit to find out what's going on. Good luck!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Prodigalson
1st Gear
Welcome to waiting for our Mini. Every stage is just as bad as the last. Waiting on the shore seemed to me to be the worst, because it is so hard to track. Hell, mine still says "awaiting transport" but my MA has told me it's on Athens, and should arrive in the states next week.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Prodigalson
Welcome to waiting for our Mini. Every stage is just as bad as the last. Waiting on the shore seemed to me to be the worst, because it is so hard to track. Hell, mine still says "awaiting transport" but my MA has told me it's on Athens, and should arrive in the states next week.
According to the logs, the Athens Highway is supposed to dock in Baltimore tomorrow (2-19-2013) at 10 PM.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
I've missed yet another boat-Capricornus Leader sailed yesterday as my girl sat at the dock. The Tongala on the 26th is my last hope for keeping some shred of sanity in this process. It's headed for Bremerhaven then coming back to Southampton. I sure hope they save room for my little Coupe. Would my MA know if she's reserved on a vessel or is it just based on luck of the draw and space available at the docks?
Thanks and congrats to you all that got a 'welcome aboard' the last few days.
Kim
Sorry...on my iPhone so my siggy won't show. Order date 1/9/13 and production completed 2/7/13.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Does anyone have a link for the 2013 owners manuals (Countryman). The OL only has 2012s. A 2012 manual may be good enough but I have MINI OCD mixed with a little ADD. It's has to be perfect but just not for very long!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Prodigalson
1st Gear
Yea, but they are dropping my car off in Georgia, not Baltimore, so it is going to be a few days yet :-). Looks like it should be in Brunswick on the 20th or 21st hopefully. Although I'm hoping to pick it up now on the 2nd, so plenty of time to get from there to Baton Rouge.

Last edited by Prodigalson; 02-18-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Got an e-mail from my MA saying that they are expecting my CM to arrive in Baltimore on the 26th - a day ahead of when W&W says the Honor should be arriving...

There's a part of me that wants to question the disconnect, and there's another part of me that says it's A) 1 day, and B) HOORAY an MA who provided a status update without prompting!!!!!

So it's the little things that get me...

It may be about time for me to order a new magnetic badge holder though... I don't plan on re-using the one that's currently on my GTi... It's about 7 years old and came off my old MCS, plus I think it's only being held on to the car with just one nut...

Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Yea, but they are dropping my car off in Georgia, not Baltimore, so it is going to be a few days yet :-)
Mine too (Brunswick) then trucked to Charlotte. Sitting here on pins and needles. Sad isn't it.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
The Topeka has been spoted off the coast of Baja California. 2 more days to the VDC, then to Phoenix.

For you East coast guys and gals, be thankful you dont have to wait 21 days for your ship to make port

Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Yea, but they are dropping my car off in Georgia, not Baltimore, so it is going to be a few days yet :-). Looks like it should be in Brunswick on the 20th or 21st hopefully. Although I'm hoping to pick it up now on the 2nd, so plenty of time to get from there to Baton Rouge.
Did you get an update? I am still seeing the 22nd for Brunswick.
http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

Just checking as an early arrival would be a welcomed arrival ...
Mine has a bit shorter travel only to Jacksonville, FL, not far at all.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
The Topeka has been spoted off the coast of Baja California. 2 more days to the VDC, then to Phoenix.

For you East coast guys and gals, be thankful you dont have to wait 21 days for your ship to make port
Although East Coast is 14 to 17 days (for South East Coast as North East Coast gets to shave even a few more days off of that) I am and have been extremely thankful for not living somewhere like WA or OR.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Got an e-mail from my MA saying that they are expecting my CM to arrive in Baltimore on the 26th - a day ahead of when W&W says the Honor should be arriving...

There's a part of me that wants to question the disconnect, and there's another part of me that says it's A) 1 day, and B) HOORAY an MA who provided a status update without prompting!!!!!

So it's the little things that get me...

It may be about time for me to order a new magnetic badge holder though... I don't plan on re-using the one that's currently on my GTi... It's about 7 years old and came off my old MCS, plus I think it's only being held on to the car with just one nut...

Congrats...! On both the day early and the MA. As for the 1 Nut...I think that is all that is holding my truck together. I'm actually expecting it to die completely the day of or the day before my Mini finally arrives home.
Ever since I ordered my Mini at least 1 or more things have broken every single week...not much left to break or have issues with, without it just dying.
Currently when I hit 60 MPH it says 105 MPH and if were really doing 105 MPH there would be parts all over the highway including me.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Mini Cooper doing a back flip over a snow ramp. Dunno when I would ever need to do this but good to know just in case.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:19 AM
S'poreSTI
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
I've missed yet another boat-Capricornus Leader sailed yesterday as my girl sat at the dock. The Tongala on the 26th is my last hope for keeping some shred of sanity in this process. It's headed for Bremerhaven then coming back to Southampton. I sure hope they save room for my little Coupe. Would my MA know if she's reserved on a vessel or is it just based on luck of the draw and space available at the docks?
Kim
Sorry...on my iPhone so my siggy won't show. Order date 1/9/13 and production completed 2/7/13.
I see my status for the Capricornicus Leader is "Loaded on Vessel" at 6:54am on the 17th. Nothing mentioned about it sailing yet on the WW website

Old 02-18-2013, 11:38 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Kim
I will cross my fingers for you that you are already on a KLine that way you may already be out sea but just won't know for another 4 to 6 days. This is what happened to me.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
The truck

Originally Posted by weaf27
Congrats...! On both the day early and the MA. As for the 1 Nut...I think that is all that is holding my truck together. I'm actually expecting it to die completely the day of or the day before my Mini finally arrives home.
Ever since I ordered my Mini at least 1 or more things have broken every single week...not much left to break or have issues with, without it just dying.
Currently when I hit 60 MPH it says 105 MPH and if were really doing 105 MPH there would be parts all over the highway including me.
We have a '97 Ranger 2wd How it runs I don't know. it got crashed into @ pass. side rear wheel smashed the rim and rolled the truck over twice. It took two junk yard rims new tyres, mirrors and tail light. After 4 years, It's still going. It had >100,000 on it when it was hit. can't guess what's on it now!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp
We have a '97 Ranger 2wd How it runs I don't know. it got crashed into @ pass. side rear wheel smashed the rim and rolled the truck over twice. It took two junk yard rims new tyres, mirrors and tail light. After 4 years, It's still going. It had >100,000 on it when it was hit. can't guess what's on it now!
Wow and I thought I was operating on borrowed time.
Only thing wrong with this is that it is a 1995 Mitsubishi MightMax that sat for several years rusting away until it was fixed up and given to me as I'd given away my older Subaru Forester to someone who needed it more than I did until I was laid off without a auto. This thing squeals like a banshee no matter how I adjust the alternator or belt, constant battery and alternator issues, everytime I fix a leak with the coolant system it creates a new one and overheats relatively easily, can't seem to keep the front alignment from turning inwards, eats rear brakes but even when they are new it sucks at stopping, the heater is broken "ON" 24/7 and even when I turn off the fan you can feel it blowing hot air through which the cold air outside is very nice (no A/C for when it is hot), No music as I disconnected it as it kept sucking the battery dry, tailgate is broken/rusted shut, eats oil but less with full synthetic (which is all I run just to keep it running), Speed odometer is broken at about 40 mph +/- more than whatever I really am doing, it seems to bounce up and down a lot. Tail light just went out a 3rd time in 2 years...the bulbs pop, fixed the front headlight just last month as the stupid mount for the battery broke and the battery broke the headlight prongs. O and almost forgot the 2 recent chips from rocks in the windshield although the windshield has looked like someone took sandpaper to it since I got it...so really didn't obscure what little view I had. Plus sometimes the alternator will ride up the tension bar and I can tell on the way home as my headlights go to almost non-existent and the lights in the gauges goes black...the car usually makes it home at about 25 to 30 Mph (highway which is posted at 65MPH) on those nights. Which last time I torqued it down, I doubt it will ever move again.

Atleast it hasn't been hit beyond some side damage from well before I got it and if it had been rolled like yours I would simply be pushing this truck, which I've done and it is far from easy to push....like trying to drag a cat to a bath.

Based on these two trucks we have I think we both will appreciate our new Minis a lot more than the average person just getting a new car or Mini. Hell forget the Auto A/C and all the other cool stuff I was just happy to be getting a car with an A/C that I don't have to prey it starts every time I go to turn the key (or should I say "Push the button", as I've never had a car that didn't have a key that needed to be turned). Getting a Mini Cooper is just pure icing on the cake in my perspective... To me it is like going from eating generic bologna to fresh Prime Rib everyday!

Last edited by weaf27; 02-18-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Gilmoregirls must really be putting in the hours at work to make up for all the future times where she forgets to go to work driving down the highway without a care in the world....

Old 02-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
@ Weaf, Fortunately for me I very rarely drive the truck. I either drive my '08 MCS, or one of the Bikes. The Bride has a Jag, but I only drive that when she's had too much and needs a chauffeur.

Truth be told , in the last 20 years I have smashed up two cars.........Both were hers.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Keeping my fingers crossed for you all. It's painful, I know! Get that boat!

Old 02-19-2013, 01:33 AM
ponyup
1st Gear
1st poster here- Greetings & Salutations 2 all!

After a couple years of debating, deciding, shopping and test driving, finally ordered the MINI S Convertable in Dec 2012 and have been tracking it ever since. Used the VIN # to research and track on what ship it's on. Owner's Lounge or sales rep has not been much help. Was able to track it using a couple of different maritime AIS satalite system FREE websites to track the ship and was able to track it as it traveled "accross the pond" underway to the Panama Canal (PC). Saw it go through the Miraflores Locks and it's now on the way to San Diego, CA. I was able to take screen shots of the cargo vessel as it went through the PC which was pretty cool. It's been an exciting journey. ETA to San Diego,CA is 2/25/13.

Ready2roll,

Old 02-19-2013, 03:19 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ponyup
After a couple years of debating, deciding, shopping and test driving, finally ordered the MINI S Convertable in Dec 2012 and have been tracking it ever since. Used the VIN # to research and track on what ship it's on. Owner's Lounge or sales rep has not been much help. Was able to track it using a couple of different maritime AIS satalite system FREE websites to track the ship and was able to track it as it traveled "accross the pond" underway to the Panama Canal (PC). Saw it go through the Miraflores Locks and it's now on the way to San Diego, CA. I was able to take screen shots of the cargo vessel as it went through the PC which was pretty cool. It's been an exciting journey. ETA to San Diego,CA is 2/25/13.

Ready2roll,
Glad you decided to "pony up"...welcome to NAM. Tell us more about what you've been driving and the MINI you ordered.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ponyup

Ready2roll,
Welcome aboard and now to pay the toll. We need a signature so we can check out what you ordered and after your Mini arrives we WILL expect Photos. We call it Mini **** but not to be alarmed it is G Rated but will still make you salivate with driving envy.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group