1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini ****

Originally Posted by weaf27
Welcome aboard and now to pay the toll. We need a signature so we can check out what you ordered and after your Mini arrives we WILL expect Photos. We call it Mini **** but not to be alarmed it is G Rated but will still make you salivate with driving envy.
I guess that means I'll have to cancel the photo shoot I had planned for mine! Sorry, girls.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp
I guess that means I'll have to cancel the photo shoot I had planned for mine! Sorry, girls.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
@ Weaf, Fortunately for me I very rarely drive the truck. I either drive my '08 MCS, or one of the Bikes. The Bride has a Jag, but I only drive that when she's had too much and needs a chauffeur.

Truth be told , in the last 20 years I have smashed up two cars.........Both were hers.
Sadly for me the truck I mentioned is all I drive to and from work. Anywhere else I get to use the wife's rather new CRV aka the family car.
On the good side you never wrecked one of your own cars but on the bad side you wrecked someone else's. I've been lucky and only have had a few tiny fender benders if you don't count almost totaling 2 cars - One I was young and stupid (1st car - destroyed it in 1 year learning to drive (old Datsun 510 which cost $800 total) and the 2nd I was sick as a dog with the flu and worked a double shift, drove 45 miles on the way home from work and the last 1/2 mile I passed out and took out 8 out of 10 Mailboxes on 4x4 wood beams with a Subaru Justy (Subaru's version of a GEO) at about 45 mph. I did $6k worth of damage to a $6k Car (what we paid for it & the Insurance company actually paid to fix it!) and on the good side I missed the telephone pole (Lucky I came too just in time to see the Telephone pole directly in front of me and cut the wheel just in time to avoid the head on, although my bumper snag it and was ripped off to add to the massive damage).

I am just thank full not to have been upside down in a car/truck like you have been.,

Funny how they say most accidents supposedly occur within a few miles of your home.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:52 AM
weaf27
4th Gear

Obviously I have not had enough coffee as I had to read this like 12 times to get it. I think you are referring to the "G Rating"? NEED MORE COFFEE!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Obviously I have not had enough coffee as I had to read this like 12 times to get it. I think you are referring to the "G Rating"? NEED MORE COFFEE!

Funny how they say most accidents supposedly occur within a few miles of your home.

Coincidentally most driving is done near home. I won't be a "topper" I've not had many car accidents in the last 50 odd years but Ive had a couple of lovely "throw aways" on Bikes. Only one big one at Daytona, one rather good one at Moroso, the rest were on the road.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:01 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Great news from ASK MINI. In production today.
Of course OLMINE still list it as set for production with no date set.

Ordered: 2-08-13
Production start: 2-19-13

Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Is anyone going to Minis on the Dragon this year? I've done it on my bike but may do it in the Mini this year....if the ship will ever get here.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
weaf27
4th Gear

Coincidentally most driving is done near home. I won't be a "topper" I've not had many car accidents in the last 50 odd years but Ive had a couple of lovely "throw aways" on Bikes. Only one big one at Daytona, one rather good one at Moroso, the rest were on the road.
I'm only about 20 years clear of accidents but with all your "Daytona" and "Moroso" why don't you just live in Florida? I use to live out in the country in Jupiter FL and I could here the funny cars and jet cars back in the day at the drag races out there. Saw a few...VERY, VERY COOL to see a true drag race event. Still remember parts of the first event almost 30 years later.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
I will cross my fingers for you that you are already on a KLine that way you may already be out sea but just won't know for another 4 to 6 days. This is what happened to me.
Thanks, Weaf. I can only hope. Does KLine hit the west coast as well? I didn't think it did...
I'm going to email my MA today to see if he as any info to offer.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan

Did they give you a completion date?
If not you can estimate 8 days from the start of production which seems to be the general rule of thumb. Not sure what goes on on each day but from what a few have said is that the longest time is the chemical bath curing and the paint curing but don't know for fact.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Is it me or does everyone (those who's Minis are in route on boats) else feel this way to?
I swear the days have gotten longer....they just seem to DRAG ON....so SLOWLY....

I just want the EOM to be here already so I can be enjoying my new Mini and put an end to this waiting game.....

Tired of eating so much damn Popcorn already....

Old 02-19-2013, 09:47 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
This process has slowed down so much that I ended getting my WIFE a new car this weekend!

Ok, so the wife getting a new car this weekend was mostly unrelated to the CM on it's way. But her car was completely unplanned - to the point that if you had asked me last Wednesday if there was the slightest chance she'd be getting a car I would have laughed in your face...

We did however use the fact that we had a MINI on order and that Classic who is the only MINI dealership in NE Ohio would love, love, love to sell us 2 cars in 2 weeks and that the dealership we were at needed to present us with a deal that screamed - Don't take your business to Classic... Between that and our Good Cop/Bad Cop schtick - it worked beyond our wildest dreams...

Sadly there's no way we could get away with such tactics on a MINI, especially one that we've ordered....

Old 02-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add a picture and a description. Many would like to see what MINI your getting. I'm surprised weaf27 didn't say something about it. LOL!

Born and raised up in Iowa, stayed in Texas after getting out of the Army. I don't miss the winters.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Add a picture and a description. Many would like to see what MINI your getting. I'm surprised weaf27 didn't say something about it. LOL!

Born and raised up in Iowa, stayed in Texas after getting out of the Army. I don't miss the winters.
Good catch...can't believe I missed the no Signature...errr

Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Is it me or does everyone (those who's Minis are in route on boats) else feel this way to?
I swear the days have gotten longer....they just seem to DRAG ON....so SLOWLY....

I just want the EOM to be here already so I can be enjoying my new Mini and put an end to this waiting game.....

At least being on the ship I can somewhat track the thing , when it hits the VDC tomorrow i will be at the Mercy of my dealership and MA to get info . Don't have any idea how long at VDC it will be (2days maybe if I am lucky), do they ship to Phoenix on weekend or how long it will take to get more goodies put on when it hits dealer.

/sigh

Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear

What did you order?

Old 02-19-2013, 10:20 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
Is anyone going to Minis on the Dragon this year? I've done it on my bike but may do it in the Mini this year....if the ship will ever get here.
I would love to but it's a little far for me.

Going to AMVIV X in vegas though.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
I'm only about 20 years clear of accidents but with all your "Daytona" and "Moroso" why don't you just live in Florida? I use to live out in the country in Jupiter FL and I could here the funny cars and jet cars back in the day at the drag races out there. Saw a few...VERY, VERY COOL to see a true drag race event. Still remember parts of the first event almost 30 years later.

:LOL: 23 years in Fla. was enough! North Palm Beach resident. Worked 2 years on St. Lucie Nukie. 30 yrs. ago we may have crossed paths. Did you ever go the AMA, or WERA road races? Daytona 200 week Road Racing ?

Last edited by Twstgrp; 02-19-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Shiftless, Shift key.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
Would love to, but going to the "Old Country" in July and need to visit my old Mum in Florida in March. What's the dates? Maybe I can hit it on the way back from Fl. I just read what I wrote....Yes, I'm retired.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
:LOL: 23 years in Fla. was enough! North Palm Beach resident. Worked 2 years on St. Lucie Nukie. 30 yrs. ago we may have crossed paths. Did you ever go the AMA, or WERA road races? Daytona 200 week Road Racing ?
Sadly no I was just lucky to get out to Moroso drag races near the beeline as I lived nearby and to motocross races at the WPB Auditorium back in the day to watch my cousin race (the motorbike part). I can relate to getting out of WPB as I live in Jacksonville, FL now and have NO plans to ever go back to WPB or anywhere south of that. Just love the no state tax and the ocean breeze without having to live directly on the overpriced beach front property.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Minis on the Dragon is May 1st -5th. Some of the best curves in the State but all around that area is Mini friendly when it comes to curves. That time of year up there is incredible.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM
seabeast
2nd Gear

Here's how to solve this problem: set a goal that you promise to accomplish before you drive your new MINI. Then struggle to finish it in time. Suddenly you'll feel like time is passing too quickly.

In my case, my goal is to make enough room in my garage to fit the MINI.

So I'm having a shed built in my backyard to store bikes and other bulky stuff that is currently filling my garage. But before the shed is built (Feb 26) I have to prepare the ground. Turns out the spot I picked is riddled with roots, plus has two water drains and sprinkler heads, all of which have to be dealt with before I have the two tons of crushed rock dropped off that I'll have to manually haul to the backyard to cover the ground. Once all that has been handled, I still need to finish painting my garage and moving shelves out of the way. And I've only got three more weekends to do it!

If you can't find your own project, I'd be happy to let you help with mine. There's a bunch of root removal, painting, and rock hauling that needs doing.

-Brett

Old 02-19-2013, 11:48 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by seabeast
Here's how to solve this problem: set a goal that you promise to accomplish before you drive your new MINI. Then struggle to finish it in time. Suddenly you'll feel like time is passing too quickly.

So I'm having a shed built in my backyard to store bikes and other bulky stuff that is currently filling my garage. But before the shed is built (Feb 26) I have to prepare the ground. Turns out the spot I picked is riddled with roots, plus has two water drains and sprinkler heads, all of which have to be dealt with before I have the two tons of crushed rock dropped off that I'll have to manually haul to the backyard to cover the ground. Once all that has been handled, I still need to finish painting my garage and moving shelves out of the way. And I've only got three more weekends to do it!

If you can't find your own project, I'd be happy to let you help with mine. There's a bunch of root removal, painting, and rock hauling that needs doing.

-Brett
You're not buying a MINI - you're EARNING a MINI!!!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Gawd...I wan't going to tell anybody about my having to build a shed too. I've procrastinated too long, the ground is hard and now I have to start digging pylon holes but with the arrival semi in sight, you know what I'm doing this weekend. No roots, sprinklers or gravel to deal with so I feel like I'm ahead of the task.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by seabeast

-Brett
I would agree that is a great idea and I have been busy as hell but I have been a computer engineer for over 20 years so my job is just too easy as of late...I simply need something more challenging, maybe a new user that blames all their problems on their computer...oh wait I already have a few of those.

I agree with you 100% about staying really busy as I do computer/network work part time but I use to have a 2nd Part time business that kept me extremely busy with everything else in life but I sold it to help pay the down payment and 1 years worth of payments on my new Mini (hence the JCW over the MCS) not to mention I had burned out on that business after 9 years of building it from nothing to a very profitable side business. My new goal is to find a new P/T business so I have my own mad money again...as the last biz was bringing in a nice profit per year...and will be missed but the work will not be. I've found a few but they take $$$ to start and I have my current $$$ earmarked for my Mini and things for my Mini. (my wife gets all my other money...so I never see any of it...not even from my outside computer/network business, all my customers just mail her my checks).

I have a few ideas but will actually put pen to paper or should I say fingers to keys this weekend to get one or two started this weekend. Worse case I get a nice bonus later in the year and can use that to start a new business although I doubt I will want to take time away from driving my Mini but who knows...maybe I can just tell myself I can spend my profits on my Mini.

I just need to sleep more...and time will fly by.

SHEDS!!! Are you all insane...especially if you live up north currently. Rocks, Sprinklers and everything else...that would take me at least 3 to 4 weekends...I'd never be done in time.
I am so OC about somethings...last time I built a really big greenhouse (about 8x12 which is big for me) it took me 2 solid weekends just to get the foundation just the way I wanted it and one late afternoon to actually build the greenhouse. See I usually OC about only part of a project and sense the greenhouse came with instructions that part was easy but the foundation...to me that was the most important part.

Last edited by weaf27; 02-19-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group