1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Ah snap!!! my baby is awaiting a ship.. so.excited.still. now just to... hurry up and.. wait more.. hehe

Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Jake, I am soooooo jealous!!!!! THanks for sharing. It helps the wait. Hopefully only 7 - 10 more days and I'll have my baby!!!!!
7 to 10 days ...how did that happen I might actually get my baby at the same time or sooner by a day if lucky. O'wait...yeah that is the west coast thing, one of the few times living on the East Coast is a huge benefit. Sorry Born and Raised in FL and Love it here...only place better would be hiding in some mountains somewhere...maybe near the Dragon?

Either way I will share tons of Mini Photos as I don't want to tarnish my new gal's reputation by having her do Mini **** this early in her career.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:06 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jimmyselix
Ah snap!!! my baby is awaiting a ship.. so.excited.still. now just to... hurry up and.. wait more.. hehe
You are officially at the part that sucked the most IMHO...waiting and not knowing anything.... grab some popcorn as it may take a bit and as soon as you give up all hope...she will be on a boat heading home.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
12 Days???????

AAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Had a nightmare! My Cousin's Husband had an 18 wheeler on board a ferry to Holland from Britain, many years ago, that arrived completely upside down, smashed and on top of a pile of smashed cars. This was due to rough weather. Manon was due to arrive, as all seem to, 10 days after leaving Southampton. Manon has been updated to the 23rd of FEB. That's two extra days at sea. It's been high winds here for the last few days!

Last edited by Twstgrp; 02-20-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: OCD
Old 02-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Saptastic78!
Neutral
Originally Posted by blknblu
The Topeka has landed in Port Hueneme
Hi! I'm new to the forum, but my mini is on the Topeka with yours! YAY! I can't believe we've actually made it this far! I've been waiting almost as long as GilmoreGirl (nearly the beginning of time--she beats me by one day! =)

Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Saptastic78!
Neutral
Hi Gilmoregirl! I am new to the forum, but (as you can see in my signature!) I've been waiting almost as long as you for my mini! From reading your posts, it seems like I went through some very similar run-around with my MA and dealer (Ontario Mini) regarding allocation, production numbers, etc. Can you give me some pointers on how you're going to approach them and your experience with what other prospective mini owners are doing now that our cars are coming SOOOOOOO insanely late, and incentives are different, etc.

Thanks so much!!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp
AAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Had a nightmare! My Cousin's Husband had an 18 wheeler on board a ferry to Holland from Britain, many years ago, that arrived completely upside down, smashed and on top of a pile of smashed cars. This was due to rough weather. Manon was due to arrive, as all seem to, 10 days after leaving Southampton. Manon has been updated to the 23rd of FEB. That's two extra days at sea. It's been high winds here for the last few days!
Ouch, Ouch and I know that 2 days probably seems like forever added to an already long bit of time...

Old 02-20-2013, 11:30 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Floor Mats - Yes I have a question for anyone who already picked up their Mini or is in the process. Minis come with basic carpeted floor mats but has anyone seen the Rubber Floor mats that are optional? I am seriously considering these as I think they will look better and do a better job of protecting the carpet beneath them.

Any 1st hand experience and/or visual preferences? Trying to justify them as anything that only costs about $100 and will protect my floors better than the standard mats might just be an easy choice but would prefer to get some feedback and see them first.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Saptastic78!
Hi Gilmoregirl! I am new to the forum, but (as you can see in my signature!) I've been waiting almost as long as you for my mini! From reading your posts, it seems like I went through some very similar run-around with my MA and dealer (Ontario Mini) regarding allocation, production numbers, etc. Can you give me some pointers on how you're going to approach them and your experience with what other prospective mini owners are doing now that our cars are coming SOOOOOOO insanely late, and incentives are different, etc.

Thanks so much!!
Welcome aboard and thank you for having a signature. Please keep in mind now that you have come into the asylum the only way to leave is by providing photos of your Mini once you take delivery.

EDITED: Oops did I say "Asylum"? I meant Forum.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Saptastic78!
Neutral
Originally Posted by weaf27
Welcome aboard and thank you for having a signature. Please keep in mind now that you have come into the asylum the only way to leave is by providing photos of your Mini once you take delivery.

EDITED: Oops did I say "Asylum"? I meant Forum.

I feel like I practically should be welcomed to an asylum after this 3.5 month waiting game! Almost over though! Yay!

Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Black trim

Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Jake, I am soooooo jealous!!!!! THanks for sharing. It helps the wait. Hopefully only 7 - 10 more days and I'll have my baby!!!!!
Love the black headlight and grille trim. I suppose that the taillight trim is in black too. Was that dealer done?

Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
You are officially at the part that sucked the most IMHO...waiting and not knowing anything.... grab some popcorn as it may take a bit and as soon as you give up all hope...she will be on a boat heading home.
hehe.. thats kind of what i figured when i saw it was awaiting shipment

lucky for me, my work is going to be crazy busy in march and i'll prob be out on both coasts traveling for work so hopefully just more time to save up for a nice big down payment on my baby when she arrives....

i can't imaging waiting as long as you did... the hardest part will be the break in period and holding back.. hehe

i love how this thread is literally a support group for us new mini owners.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Vassago68
2nd Gear
I just ordered my 2013 BRGII JCW Hardtop last week. I take delivery of it in the end of April.

I guess it pays to be Military stationed in Europe and able to take delivery of it here. The great part is, that when I get sent back to the states, that BMW will pay to ship it. That leaves me my other car to ship via the Military.

Makes it so I am not without a car for a little bit here, or on the other end at my new duty station.

Even with a shorter wait time than most for delivery, I am already getting impatient.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Floor Mats - Yes I have a question for anyone who already picked up their Mini or is in the process. Minis come with basic carpeted floor mats but has anyone seen the Rubber Floor mats that are optional? I am seriously considering these as I think they will look better and do a better job of protecting the carpet beneath them.

Any 1st hand experience and/or visual preferences? Trying to justify them as anything that only costs about $100 and will protect my floors better than the standard mats might just be an easy choice but would prefer to get some feedback and see them first.
Weaf, you might want to check out WeatherTech floor liners. I've used them in several of my vehicles and will be getting them for the new Coupe as well. Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:31 PM
psichick
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone have another way to track a boat? i'm trying to get info on the manon but sailwx.info has been really slow to update. there was nothing until yesterday when an update off the coast of canada, but nothing since then.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by psichick
anyone have another way to track a boat? i'm trying to get info on the manon but sailwx.info has been really slow to update. there was nothing until yesterday when an update off the coast of canada, but nothing since then.
Try this. http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
psichick
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
tried it already, keeps saying out of range. which is really weird as the boat should be docked in halifax today. not really sure what's going on here.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:50 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dewey911
Weaf, you might want to check out WeatherTech floor liners. I've used them in several of my vehicles and will be getting them for the new Coupe as well. Good luck with your decision.
checked them out and I really like them but at $159 I need to not like the Mini ones although the WeatherTech have a nice rim all the way around that looks very effective.

Thank You

Old 02-20-2013, 02:50 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear

I got them, I work outside so they are a must. I should take delivery next week sometime. I'll post picks if you haven't seen by then.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 02-20-2013, 02:52 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear

Hi! I'm new to the forum, but my mini is on the Topeka with yours! YAY! I can't believe we've actually made it this far! I've been waiting almost as long as GilmoreGirl (nearly the beginning of time--she beats me by one day! =)
Howdy shipmate! Was that you getting sea sick off the coast of Mexico

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 02-20-2013, 03:23 PM
opus104132
Neutral
Originally Posted by psichick
tried it already, keeps saying out of range. which is really weird as the boat should be docked in halifax today. not really sure what's going on here.
I go to the ports tab, search for Halifax, view expected arrivals and frequently a location will be listed. If it's not you can click on the boat name and get midnight updates from satellite by clicking the itinerary link on the ship's page and viewing the location. It will get you roughly where the ship was when the location was last known. Not as much fun as the AIS tracking but it passes the time!

Old 02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
7 to 10 days ...how did that happen I might actually get my baby at the same time or sooner by a day if lucky. O'wait...yeah that is the west coast thing, one of the few times living on the East Coast is a huge benefit. Sorry Born and Raised in FL and Love it here...only place better would be hiding in some mountains somewhere...maybe near the Dragon?

Either way I will share tons of Mini Photos as I don't want to tarnish my new gal's reputation by having her do Mini **** this early in her career.
Who knows Weaf, we might be posting Mini **** at the same time! hahahahahahahaa

Old 02-20-2013, 03:26 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear

Thanks so much!!
I sent you a private message!
Oh, so jealous you will have your baby shortly!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Dewey911
Weaf, I like the S rubber mats. I'm going to ask the MA if I can trade my carpet mats for rubber ones. If they say no, the are new OEMs for sale on Ebay for good prices.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Hood Stripes

Looking for some help, so stick with me for a sec.

We ordered hood stripes as a factory installed option that were invoiced as no charge. The MA also added them on as a dealer option for $190. I asked why stripes were on the order form twice and he said it was a glitch in the system. The MA said that if the car is delivered to the dealer with stripes installed, he'll take off the $190. So how do I know and is there anything I can do short of stalking the docks of Baltimore?

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group