1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production completed yesterday! Does anyone know how long it takes a Countryman to get transported to the port. I have heard that they are produced at a different facility? Is that true?

Thanks

Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
I had the same problem as you. I was told that MINI does not allow silver stripes on a Reef Blue Coupe when my dealer tried to order it and kept getting errors. As you see in my siggy, I built it that way, as it was part of the JCW exterior package. My MA argued with MINI, but they wouldn't install them at the factory. I'm getting them installed (parts and labor) free of charge by my dealer because I put up a fight about it. If you can build it that way, they should honor it. For grins, I tried to build one recently and they've corrected the error and you can no longer add the stripes.
I would defintely have an issue with the $190, since you built the car that way at no extra charge.
Good luck. Hope all works out for you.
Kim
Thanks Kimpossible. We'll see what happens. Say Hi to Ronstoppable.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
Production completed yesterday! Does anyone know how long it takes a Countryman to get transported to the port. I have heard that they are produced at a different facility? Is that true?

Thanks
My CM took about 3 days from factory to port. They aren't built in Oxford UK; they're built in Graz Austria. They leave out of the port of Bremerhaven. Congrats!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:08 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE

Thanks
It was a little over a week between production completion in Graz, Austria and loading on a ship in Bremerhaven... However YMMV as much depends on where your car is headed...

Old 02-21-2013, 06:16 PM
bleurainsan
Neutral
Just got news from my MA that my mini is still waiting at the port :( . I guess 4 more weeks of anxiety.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ponyup
Greetings All... Learning my way around the posting options/features here. Just posted the signature for those of you that inquired. Can anyone offer any help on the fine art of how to "negotiation" on any fee's before taking posession of the vehicle? Thanks.

Ready2roll,
Not real good at the negotiating part but what I can tell you from reading is do NOT buy any extended maintenance or extended warranties! Wait and until your factory service and warranties are just about to expire and fight over your business for a pure profit no product service. Read on the forums and you will find you can buy both after the fact for a lot less compared to pre-purchasing them. If you can't afford them just add it to your payment each month but put that amount into a money market account.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Wow. ASK MINI is finally showing me 'at the port' as of the 18th! I hope this means I'll catch the next ship next week on the 26th (Tongala). I assume it's been in transport to the dock since the 7th when they confirmed completion and I stupidly expected it to be on time for the two ships that have set sail since then.
Needless to say I'm thrilled! I will be anxiously awaiting all of the MINI **** from you folks that are soon to meet your new babies to coax me through the next month's arduous wait. Popcorn. Lots of popcorn.
Kim
That's terrific news! Congrats!

Ours is on the Gentle Leader, which I see was just south of Puerto Vallarta earlier today. It's not due into Port Hueneme until the 27th, and it has San Diego listed as its next port of call. Getting excited and wish it would hurry up! Of course, after the VDC at Port Hueneme, it does then have to be put on a transporter and trucked up to Seattle. You might have yours by then!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM
ponyup
1st Gear
Sharing Ship Space--Gentle Leader

Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher
That's terrific news! Congrats!

Ours is on the Gentle Leader, which I see was just south of Puerto Vallarta earlier today. It's not due into Port Hueneme until the 27th, and it has San Diego listed as its next port of call. Getting excited and wish it would hurry up! Of course, after the VDC at Port Hueneme, it does then have to be put on a transporter and trucked up to Seattle. You might have yours by then!

Hi there, Jolly Rancher! We're on the Gentle Leader as well and have been tracking since Southhampton, UK. Thanks for sharing-- that the ship was in the Puerto Vallarta region. It's become such an educational experience NO thanks to our MA. In fact, we were able to track the vessel and see it as it went through the Miraflores Locks at the Panama Canal! Our MINI is being dropped off at the Port of Hueneme. Continuing on this tracking/educational quest, we requested and received from port authorities clearance to visit the port the day Gentle Leader is anchored in Pt. Hueneme. Who knows, maybe we'll get a sneak peak at our MINI (still in protective wrap) before it makes it's way to the BMW Processing Center--which is down the road from the port. BTW- would you mind if I ask you some questions privately? Let me know.

Congratulations my MINICousin. We both will be seeing our new additions very soon!

Ready2Roll,

Old 02-22-2013, 04:04 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
don't know what you all were doing up there in Baltimore but Athens Highway is now officially running behind (was on schedule when she got to Baltimore). Appears she won't get into Brunswick until early tomorrow according to the ships eta on the live site tracker.

Frustrated this will delay everything by 1 day but 1 day is a drop in the bucket compared to what many of us had to wait and a few much longer. Lots of Envy for those with the crazy fast turn around times.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:17 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Just learned from Owners Lounge that my Lil Roadster has social security number now. Yes, they gave me the VIN: WMWS*********4311. I'm rather excited, after all, I'd just about given up on OL having any information that I can't get thru ASKMINI. This even beat my MA to the punch. Progress!!

Bill

Old 02-22-2013, 04:31 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
don't know what you all were doing up there in Baltimore but Athens Highway is now officially running behind (was on schedule when she got to Baltimore). Appears she won't get into Brunswick until early tomorrow according to the ships eta on the live site tracker.

Frustrated this will delay everything by 1 day but 1 day is a drop in the bucket compared to what many of us had to wait and a few much longer. Lots of Envy for those with the crazy fast turn around times.
I heard that all ships entering the Port of Baltimore are being held over an extra 24 hours for special Ravens Victory Celebrations! There is a chance that your MINIs will show up with some stray pieces of purple confetti in hard to reach places.

The Honor is getting closer to land: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6923!

Last edited by Deli; 02-22-2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Note to self; never order a car just before the Christmas/New Year holidays. Some of you have been waiting a loooong time! Get your MINI's already! Revel in the new MINI experience, enjoy your MINI and take and post the required pictures and tell us your initial thoughts!

Old 02-22-2013, 04:33 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear

Oh weaf....not what I wanted to hear on a Friday morning....but, tomorrow is still better than what it's been! (trying to sound upbeat).

Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Just learned from Owners Lounge that my Lil Roadster has social security number now. Yes, they gave me the VIN: WMWS*********4311. I'm rather excited, after all, I'd just about given up on OL having any information that I can't get thru ASKMINI. This even beat my MA to the punch. Progress!!

Bill
It is exciting as it is like saying "My Mini Exists" not just on paper or in a computer.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:39 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
I heard that all ships entering the Port of Baltimore are being held over an extra 24 hours for special Ravens Victory Celebrations! There is a chance that your MINIs will show up with some stray pieces of purple confetti in hard to reach places.

The Honor is getting closer to land: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6923!
Don't go there...the Ravens are a sore spot with a few on her.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:48 AM
Vassago68
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan

Bill
I wish I could use the OL for my build. But since I am military taking delivery of my US Spec JCW in Germany, MINIUSA won't even know my car exists till I bring it back to the states and submit my warranty information to them for transfer from Euro warranty to US.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:06 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Not real good at the negotiating part but what I can tell you from reading is do NOT buy any extended maintenance or extended warranties! Wait and until your factory service and warranties are just about to expire and fight over your business for a pure profit no product service. Read on the forums and you will find you can buy both after the fact for a lot less compared to pre-purchasing them. If you can't afford them just add it to your payment each month but put that amount into a money market account.
Just a little bit of experience this past week at the local VW dealer that we'll be taking in with us when we pickup the MINI sometime in the next 14 days...

5 year/1,000k Bumper to Bumper coverage sold by the dealer $4,000 (with a "discount")

7 year/1,000k Bumper to Bumper coverage sold by Geico that could be rolled into our existing coverage $490. No, I didn't leave a 0 off or forget to carry the 1... Geico's warranty would cost me $35 every 6 months which works out to $490 over the life of the coverage - right now. Once we got the MINI that number would GO DOWN as the multi-car discount would apply to that number as well.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:27 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Note to self; never order a car just before the Christmas/New Year holidays. Some of you have been waiting a loooong time! Get your MINI's already! Revel in the new MINI experience, enjoy your MINI and take and post the required pictures and tell us your initial thoughts!
Agree 100%, don't get me wrong very happy for everyone that will be getting their MINI's, but it is kinda disapointing when you see cars getting to their destination when I have been waiting 12 weeks . Being on the west coast doesn't help either , oh well very soon

Old 02-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blknblu
Agree 100%, don't get me wrong very happy for everyone that will be getting their MINI's, but it is kinda disapointing when you see cars getting to their destination when I have been waiting 12 weeks . Being on the west coast doesn't help either , oh well very soon
Yeah everyone on the west coast waits that much longer, yikes. In no way did I want to come across as being negative. The sooner these good people get their MINI, the sooner I get mine!

Old 02-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Deli

The Honor is getting closer to land: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...?call=WDC6923!

Guess I'm headed to Baltimore to run interferance, afraid it would also end up with the Ravens logo on the hood......

Old 02-22-2013, 06:44 AM
PFSIII
1st Gear
desperate measures: the final count

Originally Posted by PFSIII
Buenos Aires Mini Count: 15
  • #14 A first gen MC in dark silver
  • #15 lighter silver MC I just barely saw as it zipped by in traffic.
Originally Posted by PFSIII
My travel companion tries to be patient as I snap photos of random Minis. Or when I shove my tablet in his face pointing out that the dot in the English Channel is the ship that is on the way to Southampton to pick up my mini. But it must be wearing thin.
So, I have returned home. I really enjoyed my trip to Buenos Aires, but it didn't really make time move any faster. Maybe I should have built a shed.

Buenos Aires Mini Count: 16
  • #16 BRG MC that was actually spotted by my travel companion; we may have a convert yet.
  • the rest of the sightings (4) were repeats of previously counted Minis
I guess I'll have to go back to trying to concentrate on work between refreshing the page tracking Honor's progress.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Just a little bit of experience this past week at the local VW dealer that we'll be taking in with us when we pickup the MINI sometime in the next 14 days...

5 year/1,000k Bumper to Bumper coverage sold by the dealer $4,000 (with a "discount")

7 year/1,000k Bumper to Bumper coverage sold by Geico that could be rolled into our existing coverage $490. No, I didn't leave a 0 off or forget to carry the 1... Geico's warranty would cost me $35 every 6 months which works out to $490 over the life of the coverage - right now. Once we got the MINI that number would GO DOWN as the multi-car discount would apply to that number as well.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I have Geico and never knew they offered that! I officially will be getting that insurance as I don't see anything area that notes not covering modifications!!! This is a SWEET DEAL!

Comparison:
BMW/MINI - $3900 for 7 yrs / 100,000 miles with $50 deductible.
Geico - $490 for 7 yrs / 100,000 miles with $250 deductible.

$250 deductible is not a big deal especially if you look at the price difference but I was interested is that I have had a REALLY bad history of massive A/C failures usually costing over $2,000 just in parts! Plus I've had two engines that had to be rebuilt due to massive problems one I fixed and the other I got rid of! $490 for a total of 7 yrs /100,000 miles is a no brainer in my book!

Especially since I already have Geico as my car insurance!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

You just saved me from possibly spending $3400 too much!
(I was going to wait and see how the car did after 3 years before buying it but based on my personal history/luck I was pretty sure I'd eventually end up buying it)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Honestly I was stunned when I ran the numbers from Geico and saw the difference....

I don't plan on doing any of the Extanded Warranty, Maintenance or Protection Plans of any sort when we take delivery of the MINI...

Old 02-22-2013, 08:45 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
This last stretch of this is the hardest

Time really does seem to be creeping by......Goodness, today marks the end of month 3 (92 days - 13.15 weeks) and the beginning of month 4...aarghhhhh.

I think this final stretch is going to be the most painful and nerve racking. The days seem to be lasting twice as long! I'm tired of driving around in Crevier's Billboard of a loaner car and the anxiety that I seemed to have let go off a couple weeks ago is back in spades. :impat ient:

Goodness, I need some Mini **** to help me through the next couple of days.....who is taking delivery today or this weekend?? Anyone?

Ok, off my soapboax - thanks for hearing/reading me vent!

Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ponyup
Hi there, Jolly Rancher! We're on the Gentle Leader as well and have been tracking since Southhampton, UK. Thanks for sharing-- that the ship was in the Puerto Vallarta region. It's become such an educational experience NO thanks to our MA. In fact, we were able to track the vessel and see it as it went through the Miraflores Locks at the Panama Canal! Our MINI is being dropped off at the Port of Hueneme. Continuing on this tracking/educational quest, we requested and received from port authorities clearance to visit the port the day Gentle Leader is anchored in Pt. Hueneme. Who knows, maybe we'll get a sneak peak at our MINI (still in protective wrap) before it makes it's way to the BMW Processing Center--which is down the road from the port. BTW- would you mind if I ask you some questions privately? Let me know.

Congratulations my MINICousin. We both will be seeing our new additions very soon!

Ready2Roll,
Ponyup, I too am on the Gentle Leader. Today marks my 92nd day in waiting. This wait has been harder than pregnancy!!!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group