1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superchicken
Come on then, lets just go to Brunswick.
I've already been up online looking for satellites to see if I could see them unloading. They just wouldn't let us get close enough to the port to see them or I probably would!

Old 02-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
You're thinking the wrong ship We were talking about the Honor, which is still off Nova Scotia and is headed direct to Baltimore. It better not go to New York...

The Manon - which is the ship I think you were talking about is over in Bayonne offloading - which is where she should be
Yes it was the Manon I was referring to.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Superchicken
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
I've already been up online looking for satellites to see if I could see them unloading. They just wouldn't let us get close enough to the port to see them or I probably would!
Yeah, me too. It's a rap.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 AM
mjk1603
1st Gear
The Big 8
CKLW
The Motor City, back when it was.
Motown, Motown and Motown

Old 02-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Ha Ha, I did this for Manon docked in Jersey. You can see a Car Carrier with its ramp down at the dock......then I remembered Google earth is usually a year or more out of date. I'm told the French will let you see live (less than 90 minutes old), with a resolution that lets you read license plates. I'm also told it's expensive as hell!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Vassago68
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp
Ha Ha, I did this for Manon docked in Jersey. You can see a Car Carrier with its ramp down at the dock......then I remembered Google earth is usually a year or more out of date. I'm told the French will let you see live (less than 90 minutes old), with a resolution that lets you read license plates. I'm also told it's expensive as hell!
Ha. This seems a bit much for me. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to get my new MINI in April, but I have just as much fun speeding down the Autobahn in the 350z as well.

But that's me.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Yeah, the sad part is that I can vividly remember the big hair and platform shoes in addition to the Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid (Awwww.....Pancho). This whole Mini thingy is like birthing a kid again. But, you only grow old if you allow yourself too. Wait til I blow the doors off my sons SUV with my new Mini.
I think the SUV comment is even funnier!

Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM
KermitClin
1st Gear
She's here! She's here!

My MINI arrived at the dealership today and my MA emailed me a couple of photos of her!

Name:  SnyderExt.png
Views: 30
Size:  1.12 MB

Name:  SnyderInt.png
Views: 37
Size:  1.06 MB

Now to give her a name and decide whether or not to get personalized plates!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by KermitClin
My MINI arrived at the dealership today and my MA emailed me a couple of photos of her!

TY, TY, TY (Thank You)! Finally some Mini ****!
I like the card board floor mats are those standard? (nice to know they are looking out for your car while it is being transported as you never know who might step in something before getting in your fresh from the factory baby).

She looks amazing I love the white trim inside with the white outside...it looks really, really nice together and the stripes give it that "Hey look out I am fast and I'm not even moving yet" look!

Thank You again.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 PM
KermitClin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
TY, TY, TY (Thank You)! Finally some Mini ****!
I like the card board floor mats are those standard? (nice to know they are looking out for your car while it is being transported as you never know who might step in something before getting in your fresh from the factory baby).

She looks amazing I love the white trim inside with the white outside...it looks really, really nice together and the stripes give it that "Hey look out I am fast and I'm not even moving yet" look!

Thank You again.
Thank you! When my husband first looked at the picture he thought they were real floor mats and said "they gave you the wrong color floor mats!" lol

Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not long now. Congrats!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:27 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Thank you! When my husband first looked at the picture he thought they were real floor mats and said "they gave you the wrong color floor mats!" lol
Too funny. I had to quote with images to help spread the joy of someone finally getting their baby home, or should we say almost home.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:35 PM
KermitClin
1st Gear
Too funny. I had to quote with images to help spread the joy of someone finally getting their baby home, or should we say almost home.
Almost home is right. I'll have to wait about another week and a half before we can pick it up. I have volleyball league playoffs early this week, my husband has a meeting on my free evening, and we go to Seattle for a long weekend trip with friends. So we can't pick it up until after we get home from the trip.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by seabeast
A Google search turned up a few checklists, the most extensive I found was here: http://www.e46fanatics.com/faq/checklist.html

And here's one from Consumer Reports: http://www.consumerreports.org/conte...ion_table.html

I think the main thing they stress is to take your time, let your MA show you everything (partly just to make sure it works), make sure the gas tank is full and the tires have the correct pressure, and check that you have all the manuals and paperwork.

One article I read suggested bringing someone along to help, which makes sense. I know I'll be dying to hit the road in my new car, so it will be hard to focus on things like how to operate the fog lights. A friend you bring along, on the other hand, has no reason to be excited about driving your new baby, so they'll be much more impartial about the other stuff. And probably less forgiving of perceived flaws.
Thanks Seabeast. This is exactly what I was looking for. I know that when I arrive at the dealer, I won't be thinking straight. I'm not too concerned about learning how everything works but I do need to slow down and check out that everything works and is not damaged. Thanks again.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:09 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear

Grats, looking good!

Finally someone other than Jake has their MINI

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 02-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear

Congrats! Beautiful Mini. We are all so jealous

Old 02-23-2013, 02:58 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Almost home is right. I'll have to wait about another week and a half before we can pick it up. I have volleyball league playoffs early this week, my husband has a meeting on my free evening, and we go to Seattle for a long weekend trip with friends. So we can't pick it up until after we get home from the trip.
Oof - so close and yet so far...

Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear

This is the same interior scheme that I went with. Now that I actually see it, I like it even more! Great choice although, I don't know how you're going to be able to wait another week and a half to get it. I'm dying because my dealer is closed today and tomorrow and I just want to go sit in one.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Someone's schedule would be getting rearranged! You can trust me on that.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:21 PM
KermitClin
1st Gear
Someone's schedule would be getting rearranged! You can trust me on that.
lol I wish that could be the case, but it is also the last week of classes for both of us. So when he's at his meeting (toastmasters), I need to study for my final exam the next day anyway. Did I mention we have to go to work somewhere during all of this too?

Even though I would love to have my MINI this week, I wouldn't have much time to drive it. This way I'll actually have something to look forward to after returning back from our little vacation. It's not very often I get that!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:44 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
O.K. If everyone who has had their car delivered to their dealer and knew the date their car was unloaded from the ship to the VDC. How many days did it take from boat drop off at the VDC to get your car to the Dealer? Also mention if you live in a state far from your VDC as that of course would add a day or more to your time.

Thank You

EDIT: From my understanding it is 2 days if the VDC is not backed up and things are moving smoothly and of course nothing has to be done at the "Port" to your car.

Last edited by weaf27; 02-23-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:09 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
ah snap my peeps!!! my baby has been received at the ports and is on TITANIA and due to arrive in Baltimore MD around March 6th!!!

some more hurry up and waiting!

Old 02-23-2013, 05:15 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
O.K. If everyone who has had their car delivered to their dealer and knew the date their car was unloaded from the ship to the VDC. How many days did it take from boat drop off at the VDC to get your car to the Dealer? Also mention if you live in a state far from your VDC as that of course would add a day or more to your time.

Thank You

EDIT: From my understanding it is 2 days if the VDC is not backed up and things are moving smoothly and of course nothing has to be done at the "Port" to your car.
I live in Iowa and my dealer is in the Chicago area, so figure. When I got the JCW it was one day to VDC, one day there and two days trucking across to Chicago. You can figure on three to four, at the most five days. My experience only.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:25 PM
KermitClin
1st Gear

Thank You

To the best of my knowledge the ship arrived last Sunday 2/17, but my MINI wasn't unloaded until Monday. My MA emailed me earlier in the week and said I "may" have a release to trucker date of 2/22. He also told me that my MINI landed in MD on the 19th, but the WW site told me otherwise.

Meanwhile, the OL said it should be delivered to the dealer on 2/22, and I got the email from him today (2/23) stating it was sitting at the dealership. My port was Baltimore, MD, and my dealer is in Cleveland, OH, so it's really only about a 6-7 hour drive away.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Deli
6th Gear
I do believe that we're about to hit MINI **** Week! Honor docks in four days...

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group