1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:12 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Crap, I need to catch up! I'll be posting every 5 minutes. I'd do it every minute but those minutes are taken.

Minute 1 checking where the Gentle Leader is
Minute 2 checking the distance from one way point to the next
Minute 3 checking my email to see if my MA has emailed me
Minute 4 checking to see if there are any new comments on NAM
Minute 5 replying to a p ost so that I can reach 4th gear.

Damn, I am busy!!!!
Funny you should reply...as I was messing with you specifically but figured I'd catch a few with that net.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
I noticed that. It is the fifth ship in line to cross under the Bay Bridge. I might head over there in the morning before heading to the office in Annapolis...I'm only about five miles away.

I checked into the financing; nothing about 0.0 percent on this coast. The dealer is honoring the 0.9 percent and my credit union is now up to 1.49 for 36 months or 2.49 beyond that. I'll quit while I'm ahead.
Looks the Honor got tired of waiting and has now gone around the others and looks to be headed for the bridge right now

Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
Funny you should reply...as I was messing with you specifically but figured I'd catch a few with that net.

Hook, line & sinker......ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, Weaf caught himslef a biggie! teeheeheeheehee

ps - T-Minus 3 hours, 15 minutes and 29 seconds (of course I am guessing on the seconds) 28, 27, 26, 25.................................

Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
I am acutally using the Owner's Lounge. I hadn't watched any of the videos before -- Just thought I'd wait until I saw the end in sight before I started learning about all the fun new features.

I almost feel like a kid in a candy store.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
mb2020
3rd Gear
I am acutally using the Owner's Lounge. I hadn't watched any of the videos before -- Just thought I'd wait until I saw the end in sight before I started learning about all the fun new features.

I almost feel like a kid in a candy store.
If you have an iPad or IPhone, there are also several apps you can download for free that give you additional information.

2013 R59S/SO/Black Stripes/Manual ordered 1/30

Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mb2020
If you have an iPad or IPhone, there are also several apps you can download for free that give you additional information.

2013 R59S/SO/Black Stripes/Manual ordered 1/30
I do, I do have an iPhone I have downloaded the Mini Connected App. What other apps do you recommend! I have nothing but time on my hands!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do, I do have an iPhone I have downloaded the Mini Connected App. What other apps do you recommend! I have nothing but time on my hands!
I suspect someone ^^^^ is not going to get much sleep until after pickup of their MINI.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM
mb2020
3rd Gear

Mini on Track is an owners manual with video similar to OL, NAMotoring an app for this forum, your dealer probably has an app, mini link when you get your car. It will show it on maps, other mini, etc. these are just a few.

2013 R59S/SO/Black Stripes/Manual, cold weather package, mini connected with nav, premium pkg 1, sport pkg, technology pkg, mini wired pkg, zp1 equip., sport suspension, chrome lined interior/exterior, chrome cap mirrors, center armrest, adaptive light control, rear fog lamp, rubber floor/boot mats. started production:2/22 vin: 2/24

Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Mini on Track is an owners manual with video similar to OL, NAMotoring an app for this forum, your dealer probably has an app, mini link when you get your car. It will show it on maps, other mini, etc. these are just a few.

2013 R59S/SO/Black Stripes/Manual, cold weather package, mini connected with nav, premium pkg 1, sport pkg, technology pkg, mini wired pkg, zp1 equip., sport suspension, chrome lined interior/exterior, chrome cap mirrors, center armrest, adaptive light control, rear fog lamp, rubber floor/boot mats. started production:2/22 vin: 2/24
Yay, thank you!!! This is better than Christmas!!!

Now to sit back, turn on the video and eat me some popcorn As I still have at least 3 more days of torture!

More popcorn please

Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 PM
ponyup
1st Gear
She'll be 'comin' around the mountain here she comes- toot, toot!!! Gentle Leader is on the outskirts of Malibu (my backyard) according to marinetraffic.com. Interesting, it appears they had to slow down a bit? Their ETA in to Port Hueneme is 2:28 min @ 8.60 knots. Maybe they need to hold back a bit to allow other vessels to clear out as it's not a HUGE port. So, yes, they will be in Port of Hueneme by midnight making their "tomorrow ETA arrival as scheduled. May take a trip to the port tomorrow and check out the Gentle Leader. Who knows, I might be able to get a sneak peak as our Titan comes off of the RO RO and onto USA soil!

Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ponyup
She'll be 'comin' around the mountain here she comes- toot, toot!!! Gentle Leader is on the outskirts of Malibu (my backyard) according to marinetraffic.com. Interesting, it appears they had to slow down a bit? Their ETA in to Port Hueneme is 2:28 min @ 8.60 knots. Maybe they need to hold back a bit to allow other vessels to clear out as it's not a HUGE port. So, yes, they will be in Port of Hueneme by midnight making their "tomorrow ETA arrival as scheduled. May take a trip to the port tomorrow and check out the Gentle Leader. Who knows, I might be able to get a sneak peak as our Titan comes off of the RO RO and onto USA soil!
Toot Toot!!!! Here is to hoping we have as short a stay as possible at the VDC!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 PM
ponyup
1st Gear
Hear, hear!!!

Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
My MA told me it takes 3 - 10 days for the car to be delivered once it ports. Are you serious. I think he forgot he told me chances were I would get it this weekend. I'm amazed at what sales people will tel you just to get you to shut up for awhile. REALLY!!!!!

Today he was sure to tell me my .9% interest is locked in. I forward the 0% interest email again to him and said "great that the .9% interest is locked in, But I want the 0% interest now' - MAKE IT HAPPEN!"

Let's see what he comes back with!
I'd love to watch this your hell on wheels....or is hell till you get your wheels?
I do amuse myself!

Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Can't wait till 6pm......Sweating like a bishop on judgement day.
New signature picture tomorrow.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 AM
Deli
6th Gear
I woke up to discover the Honor is in port! Woo-hoo!

I had hoped to get out this morning and take pictures of it passing under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (scheduled arrival was 3:00 pm) but I can't complain that it pulled in during the night. Now I'm going to hurry up and wait.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:53 AM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
I woke up to discover the Honor is in port! Woo-hoo!

I had hoped to get out this morning and take pictures of it passing under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (scheduled arrival was 3:00 pm) but I can't complain that it pulled in during the night. Now I'm going to hurry up and wait.
It's a beautiful thing I watched her pull into port last night, on MarineTraffic of course. I hope it's a short stay at the VDC for you. I head to Minneapolis by train on the night of the 13th to pick up my Baby on the 14th as long as everything goes as planned. Good luck and Happy Motoring

Old 02-27-2013, 04:23 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
MINI **** Teaser

A small Teaser of MINI while it was at dealer. I will have more pics this afternoon. Had to take MINI out on the town in Scottsdale last night

First impressions... OMFG!!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

Texas, I think it was you asking, Leather Carbon Punch Seats

Weaf, The rubber floor mats are great.

So much technology going to take me forever to learn My teenage son programed the clock .

I will take pictures of all goodies, the black headlight and taillight rings come in today

So much fun, I got 3 hours of sleep and I am still wired

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-photo-2-3.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
A small Teaser of MINI while it was at dealer. I will have more pics this afternoon. Had to take MINI out on the town in Scottsdale last night

So much technology going to take me forever to learn My teenage son programed the clock .

I will take pictures of all goodies, the black headlight and taillight rings come in today

Nice. Thanks for the pic. This is the point where most owners drop off the site for a few weeks. Too busy motoring (detailing the car, sleeping in the car, etc.)!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear

Mine's the same colors , I get it tonight. You've got me stoked up! This is deffo the faster color.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp
Mine's the same colors , I get it tonight. You've got me stoked up! This is deffo the faster color.
Lightining the fastest!!! Don't tell GG

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outstanding! Looking forward to the pics.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
If you guys haven't found this yet...

http://www.miniusa.com/AboutYourMini/

lots of great info on how to work your new toys.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:36 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

CONGRATS!! i bet you've been smiling from ear to ear since receiving your baby!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:39 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
yea, i've downloaded the Mini Connected App and also have Jailbroken my iphone 4 and bought displayout so that i can hopefully mirror my full iPhone OS on the mini's display.

i may have an extra usb Y cable for sale if my baby comes w/the proper cables (bought an official bmw/mini cable on ebay for about $30, official one that has the 3 rings on the headphone plug).

i'm very excited to see what tech my mini coupe has to offer with me being a computer/tech geek. my goal is to post a full Mini Connected w/Nav overview post here if others are interested (along w/videos) once my baby lands and is receieved

Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Superchicken
2nd Gear
My Mini is coming today! I may get it today or tomorrow!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group