1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 06:13 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
Trying to concentrate on work today without much luck. I pick mine up at 4:00 today, the anticipation is too much. Had a nasty client call a little while ago and try to ruin my day, told him he couldn't do it and to go away forever. Gawd, that felt good!....as my fingers continue to thump, thump, thump watching the clock.
Yup, the clock goes so slow!! The last Hour was terrible .

Can't wait to see

Last edited by blknblu; 02-28-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blknblu, did you post any pictures yet? Or did I somehow miss them? Want to see!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Blknblu, did you post any pictures yet? Or did I somehow miss them? Want to see!
Forgot camera at home , Ill head out and grab it in a few hours and post a little later.

Installed black headlight rings yesterday and upper and lower black grille trim. I am scared to do the rear taillights, I dont want to "F" it up . Got sirius working and figured out all the electronic stuff. Did you know you could play video on the mini connect screen .

I had to set the cruise control on 75 this morning so I wouldn't go any faster on freeway , I think radar detector might be in the works.

Best thing I did yesteday was take neighbor around the hood, lets just say his comments can not be posted, but he was laughing and smiling the whole time

I seriously cant wait till the rest of you get your rides!!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
Superchicken, I was going to give you a heads up about the bonnet stripes when I saw your pic. Didn't know if you deliberately omitted them. Same thing happened to me. Dealer took care of it. FYI- They are not simply green stripes with a black outline. It is a brown outline. Tough to discern. Motorworf clued me in but the dealer was on top of it. I really felt it was naked without them but that's me. Rock on. Nice car. We have the clubman version. It's been fun to check back in here and listen to the next class awaiting their cars.

Originally Posted by Superchicken
They forgot the bonnet stripes, and I didn't get the 0.9% financing, but they gave me a bunch of freebies to make up for it and will install the bonnet stripes this weekend. So, pretty good trade, I think.

Road trip this weekend!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
GG, I love it. It's perfect. Been following the banter for a while. It's been fun to check back in here and listen as you all wait. And I love the new nick name/ car name. I rather like how GG happened.

Me? I still can't think of a name. Figured we'd live with her a while and something would come to me but it has not. We took delivery 01/03.

Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
First off, I love that I now have the new nickname of GG. I actually am going to name my Mini that. From now on she will be offifically known as GG

You are right, my baby is close. My dealer is only 10 miles from my office. So once she gets there (no matter day or night, rain or shine) I am there to pick her up!

I hope you bring something to entertain yourself on that train ride. I can barely keep myself seated I'm so anxious. think this whole process has brought on adult hyperactivity or ADD or ADHD or whatever they are calling it now.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 AM
ponyup
1st Gear
Hey there GG,

Your turn next! Gentle Leader is on the way to your part of town-hurray! Soon the wait will be over!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:40 AM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
I was told the same thing about no lock on the 0.9 percent--the rate increased to 1.9 percent.

So I went to bat three weeks ago...I told them I got approval for financing the day before I did the deal; had I known it would end up costing an extra $800 in financing I would have opted for one of the discounted 2012's that I test drove. Furthermore, the email approval I had said financing was good thru February and their sales manager told me that they actually had 90 days (to mid-March). They gave me no warning about the no-lock aspect of the rate, either on the finance approval document or the sales agreement. Comparing it to a bait-and-switch, I let them know that it was going to be resolved before I find myself sitting there looking at the detailed car on the lot.

Finally, I let them (the MA and finance person) know that if they couldn't approve the 0.9 percent I wanted to talk to someone who has the authority to approve it; I didn't think it was fair to waste their time. The finance person disappeared for a few minutes and came back with approval. "We will write it up as 0.9."

That's the stand-up way for them to handle this.
I had a somewhat similar but different situation, me and my wife went in November and ordered the MINI and paid to lock in the .9%, when it arrived in January I show up without her (she was sick and couldn't make the 200 mile trip down) and the MA said she had to sign also or it would be 1.9%. I said thats okay how much do I write the check for? and he said just a sec. disapeared, came back a few minutes later and said .9% it is. When I sat down with the finance guy I told him I'm only going to finance 10k with ya'll, what do I need to write the check for.

I had recieved a letter from the dealership two days before pickup saying they would not be able to make the loan because I had no recent history (been ten years since any notes or such.) so I was prepared to just buy it, but when I got there the MA said that was a mistake and apoligized for the misunderstanding. Anyway, they have done an excellent job making me happy so far and I can't get this grin off my face yet.
WFL

Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Pro5jeff
2nd Gear
Just got word that my 2013 Eclipse Gray Clubman S with the exterior and interior JCW package, cloth-checkered seats, spoke challenge wheels, chrome-line, is Scheduled for Production!
My dealer gave me my production number as soon as I placed the order, is this out of the norm? I placed the order on Sunday the 24th and it's now the 28th and already scheduled for production.
I've named it Marius after a mythical King of Britain who was ruling in 086 BC.
It's going to be great fun keeping an eye on him through the whole process.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Alas, the final moments

Originally Posted by JDPaddle
GG, I love it. It's perfect. Been following the banter for a while. It's been fun to check back in here and listen as you all wait. And I love the new nick name/ car name. I rather like how GG happened.

Me? I still can't think of a name. Figured we'd live with her a while and something would come to me but it has not. We took delivery 01/03.
Originally Posted by ponyup
Hey there GG,

Your turn next! Gentle Leader is on the way to your part of town-hurray! Soon the wait will be over!
Originally Posted by Pro5jeff
Just got word that my 2013 Eclipse Gray Clubman S with the exterior and interior JCW package, cloth-checkered seats, spoke challenge wheels, chrome-line, is Scheduled for Production!
My dealer gave me my production number as soon as I placed the order, is this out of the norm? I placed the order on Sunday the 24th and it's now the 28th and already scheduled for production.
JDPaddle, thanks. I really love the name. I never named my last one, nothing ever seemed right. But this time, GG is awesome!!! Very suiting for my personality and I LOVE the way the name came about - not to mention, I have a great story about how I named her - or should I say how a whole bunch of strangers who supported me through one of the most anxious times of my life helped me name her!! - ya, I like that!!! I like that a lot!!. It really couldn't be more perfect

Ponyup ~ I should have her today or tomorrow at the latest. That's what my MA said yesterday. She didn't port until Tuesday night and it looks like I'll have her in less than 3 days of arriving to the US. That is phenomenal if you ask me!!! I so excited. I want to get her today so badly but if she isn't ready by 3pm then I have to wait until tomorrow.
And you better believe I am taking tomorrow off. It's supposed to be 80 degress in so cal tomorrow and me with a new convertible means no work for this girl!!!!! Oh yes, I do believe a long drive down the coast is in my not so distant future.

I can see it now, the wind blowing through my hair and GG purring......Wait not purring, let me rephrase, roaring like the lioness she is. hahahahahahaha

Pro5jeff~
Welcome!! Here you will find plenty of people to help you through the waiting process. Hope your wait is short & sweet!

Oh, today is a GREAT DAY!!!!!

ps, I still need a lesson in how to post pictures, remember, I am techno challenged!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
Forgot camera at home , Ill head out and grab it in a few hours and post a little later.

Installed black headlight rings yesterday and upper and lower black grille trim. I am scared to do the rear taillights, I dont want to "F" it up . Got sirius working and figured out all the electronic stuff. Did you know you could play video on the mini connect screen .

I had to set the cruise control on 75 this morning so I wouldn't go any faster on freeway , I think radar detector might be in the works.

Best thing I did yesteday was take neighbor around the hood, lets just say his comments can not be posted, but he was laughing and smiling the whole time

I seriously cant wait till the rest of you get your rides!!
Cool beans blknblu. Looks like your having fun!

Congrats. I had the same thing happen with my production number, so its not out of the ordinary. Won't be long and you will get your VIN, ask your MA. Then the excitment starts to build.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Pro5jeff
2nd Gear
Thanks Gilmoregirls999,
This will be my first Mini and I'm very excited, I can only imagine how much more excited I'll be when I'm in your position......next day delivery!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Pro5jeff
2nd Gear
Tex6 Hawkeye,
That's good to know, can't wait.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Kleiner
1st Gear
Gilmoregirls999:

Are you in San Diego? Mine ports Sunday and I'm trying to determine when she'll be ready for pickup!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Gear 6
1st Gear
Just got an email from my MA. Seems my Mini snuck in on the truck late last night. They just need to tint the windows and he should be ready for a Friday afternoon delivery! Very exciting!!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kleiner
Gilmoregirls999:

Are you in San Diego? Mine ports Sunday and I'm trying to determine when she'll be ready for pickup!
Originally Posted by Gear 6
Just got an email from my MA. Seems my Mini snuck in on the truck late last night. They just need to tint the windows and he should be ready for a Friday afternoon delivery! Very exciting!!
Hey there Kleiner~
I'm in Newport Beach and my dealer is in Irvine. My MA told me last night she had been scheduled for the truck and I'd have her by tomorrow at the absolute latest. So I'm holding on to some hope I will get her today!

Gear6~
I'm getting my windows tinted too but not until next weekend. Oh the excitement!!!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
So remind me, who is getting their Mini's today?? I want to know what Mini **** to expect this afternoon.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
So... I've been watching W&W's site pretty regularly for the last 48 hours looking for info on when the MINI would be released to shipping and there hasn't been an update since yesterday afternoon when it was cleared through Customs...

I'm e-mailed my MA 10 minutes ago hoping that maybe she had an update as to what's going on - only to just now get a phone call from my wife... Turns out the MINI is AT THE DEALERSHIP!!!!

My MA has been watching W&W for an update because they hadn't heard anything, and as she was typing a response to me my MINI was unloaded off the car carrier! They weren't expecting it today either!

Hopefully we can do a pickup first thing on Saturday morning. My MA is saying that they need to order a "Nav Code" and receive that before they can deliver the car. I need to call our MA and find out what this Nav Code is as we didn't order Nav, just Connected...

Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
So... I've been watching W&W's site pretty regularly for the last 48 hours looking for info on when the MINI would be released to shipping and there hasn't been an update since yesterday afternoon when it was cleared through Customs...

I'm e-mailed my MA 10 minutes ago hoping that maybe she had an update as to what's going on - only to just now get a phone call from my wife... Turns out the MINI is AT THE DEALERSHIP!!!!

My MA has been watching W&W for an update because they hadn't heard anything, and as she was typing a response to me my MINI was unloaded off the car carrier! They weren't expecting it today either!

Hopefully we can do a pickup first thing on Saturday morning. My MA is saying that they need to order a "Nav Code" and receive that before they can deliver the car. I need to call our MA and find out what this Nav Code is as we didn't order Nav, just Connected...
Yay, so exciting

Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
So remind me, who is getting their Mini's today?? I want to know what Mini **** to expect this afternoon.
2 hours and 15 minutes more til I get mine....but who's counting?....tap....tap....tap....

Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Gear 6
So many getting their in the next couple of days!! Finally the wait for a lot of us is coming to an end!!! Let the motoring begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
T minus (I'm not sure how many hours) but I can't concentrate on anything other refreshing my email to see if my MA has emailed me to tell me my car has come in.

Goodness Graciousness I'm driving myself batty!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin

Can I ask which ship your Mini came in on? Thanks and congrats

Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
2 hours and 15 minutes more til I get mine....but who's counting?....tap....tap....tap....
Oh, how can you stand it???!!!???!!! You just must be watching the clock like a hawk

Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Thanks Gilmoregirls999,
This will be my first Mini and I'm very excited, I can only imagine how much more excited I'll be when I'm in your position......next day delivery!
Oh Pro5jeff you are in for a whole new world!!! It really isn't driving anymore. Every time I get behind the wheel of my Mini, I used to say it was like taking a MINI Vacation! Every time, year after year, I never lost the love for driving her!

I can only imagine what the new one is going to be like. Fun, fun and a lot more fun!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:13 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dewey911
Can I ask which ship your Mini came in on? Thanks and congrats
Came in on the Honor..

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group