1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weaf27
I know she looks plain now but they are Pictures fresh from unloading her off the truck, just wait until I get ahold of my Alice. I got the call today and am picking her up tomorrow at 5:30 PM (Can't get off work early like GG but would love to if I could)

Already have my Carbon XP Tint scheduled to be installed Noon Saturday and a about 1 hour scheduled with a graphic designer about some vinyl roof art!
I love the solid color look you picked and the red calipers. May have to paint mine. The sport suspension had just the right amount of thump for me, first mod will be a 22 mm rear sway bar. My MA goes to the Minis on the Dragon every years and says it's really a lot of fun. May have to do it this year. Looking forward to seeing your photos tomorrow, I ran out of daylight today.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Awesome and THANK YOU. Supposedly all white is the most popular but not sure where as I've never seen an all white Mini. Looks amazing and love the interior white trim. Like the black rims a lot but still wonder what an all white car with white rims (if Mini even offers those, not sure?) would look like.

Remember more photos later are still loved as much as the first photos and the red bow might be a little over the top but I think they is really cool of the dealership to do to help show they know this is a special Mini that had an owner that missed it before it was even built. Very cool of them.
I've been into cars all my life but have never experienced such a camaraderie like these crazy nuts on this forum. When I see a truck going down the road with Mini's on it, I know there's probably someone on the other end anxiously awaiting with sweaty palms like all of us.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Awesome and THANK YOU. Supposedly all white is the most popular but not sure where as I've never seen an all white Mini. Looks amazing and love the interior white trim. Like the black rims a lot but still wonder what an all white car with white rims (if Mini even offers those, not sure?) would look like.

Remember more photos later are still loved as much as the first photos and the red bow might be a little over the top but I think they is really cool of the dealership to do to help show they know this is a special Mini that had an owner that missed it before it was even built. Very cool of them.
I configured my Mini before Christmas and told my wife that we probably needed to wait a while. I was out of town and she went to the dealer and ordered it and then framed the bill of sale and gave it to me for Christmas. The red bow was just follow up on the dealers part since it was my Christmas present. Kudos for my dealer being on the spot, shame to people who run the OL site for their lack of compassion for the fiercely passionate Mini owners.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 PM
PFSIII
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp

**** is good.

Congratulations! Looks great!

Funny, since you changed you sig I didn't recognize you at first.

Enjoy! Hope to be joining you tomorrow.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Nice!

I know she looks plain now but they are Pictures fresh from unloading her off the truck, just wait until I get ahold of my Alice. I got the call today and am picking her up tomorrow at 5:30 PM (Can't get off work early like GG but would love to if I could)

Already have my Carbon XP Tint scheduled to be installed Noon Saturday and a about 1 hour scheduled with a graphic designer about some vinyl roof art!
Woah! That is NICE!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM
PFSIII
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
MINI ****!!!!!
Picked it up today, asked about where to get the rubber mats and my MA smiled and turned behind him and said, "like these?" He gave them to me, and a hat too and two shirts, a patton leather bag, die cast model and coffee mug! Now I have to spend the evening sitting in the car looking at everything and reading the manual.....make have to make a drink to calm me down.
Congratulations! I love the white.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:56 PM
PFSIII
1st Gear

Looks great to me! I'm excited to see your improvements...

Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
OMG, I am overwhelmed by all the MINI ****, I need to go take a cool shower, I got so excited looking at all the photos. They are SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Weaf, she is a black beauty! absolutely gorgeous - and flyinghippo, she's a vision in white!!! And Twstgrp, the Union Jack mirrors are flippin HOT!!!!! Guys, they all look so beautiful! Just wait until I add my sassy little red GG to the mix tomorrow!

I'm so happy for all of you!!!! and Weaf, you are right, the next time I see a trailer hauling Mini's I'm going be smiling just thinking of how incredibly stoked someone is going to be when the see their baby!!

Too cool, it's so great to see everyone united with their babies. I must say, it's easier knowing tomorrow it's my turn ~ Only 98 days after ordering her. Yes, I am sure she will be worth the wait.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Ok, here are some shots of my girl. I have uploaded more to my gallery if you would like to see some other shots, Enjoy

The leather seats are nice, and the rubber floor mats are great.

I am not a photographer, but enjoy

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0786-1-.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0789-1-.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0791-1-.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
7-10 more days

Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher
Ok, so my Mini was on the same ship as GG's and I STILL have not heard back with an ETA for delivery. Sheesh!

Oh well, at least the opening game of the Sounders season is Saturday, and there are all kinds of player trades happening. That will take my mind off the Mini for a while.
Oh jeez, now I'm quoting myself

Finally heard back. I am told I will have my MINI in 7-10 days.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
More

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0776-1-.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0781-2-.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0784-1-.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 05:36 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
One more LOL

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0785-1-.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM
ponyup
1st Gear
Congrats! Great pictures and nice job on your wife & dealer's part. Enjoy.

MINI ****!!!!!
Picked it up today, asked about where to get the rubber mats and my MA smiled and turned behind him and said, "like these?" He gave them to me, and a hat too and two shirts, a patton leather bag, die cast model and coffee mug! Now I have to spend the evening sitting in the car looking at everything and reading the manual.....make have to make a drink to calm me down.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:46 PM
ponyup
1st Gear
Learned from this thread that there is an app available for download to learn about ones car. Just saying. In case we didn't want to thumb through the MINI Parenting Guide, I mean, the Car Manual. lol. Our MINI was received yesterday. It's at the processing center now. So who knows, maybe a couple more days until we too become "official" owners...

Last edited by ponyup; 02-28-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: oops moment...
Old 02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear

It's getting like a maternity ward in here!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blknblu
Ok, here are some shots of my girl. I have uploaded more to my gallery if you would like to see some other shots, Enjoy

What your photography skills lack your MINI makes up for! Simply stunning blknblu! I'm getting the same wheels as well as the seats. Love 'em from what I can see. Can't wait to get my girl on the boat and home to Texas! Oh and thanks for the MINI ****, I've been waiting all day for these pics. Super nice!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:07 PM
ponyup
1st Gear
Terrific news! That's great that your MA gave you a heads up. What port was your MINI dropped off at?

Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
My MA called the trucking company and GG will be delivered tonight after hours. He said I could pick her tomorrow after 1pm. So, I am going to work 1/2 day tomorrow and leave at 1245, head over to the dealership and sweep GG off her feet. I am sure it will be mutual love at first sight!

A little bummed it's not today but it's only one more day --- I THINK I can make it!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:14 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear

Weaf, awesome! Tint those windows and it will be bad a$$

What design are you doing on the roof, I want to do viper stripes but I am not having to much luck finding someone here. :(

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
MINI ****!!!!!
Very nice, the interior is beautiful!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp
"You built this for me?"
Looking good!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
One more LOL
Very nice! I like the color. Congrats.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear

Looks amazing! I can't believe all the new arrivals on here! Some happy campers had their ships come in!

Congratulations to all!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 PM
ponyup
1st Gear
Anyone know what "Priority 1" means. I read it on the production order form.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM
weaf27
4th Gear

Loving it..it is like a **** fest...Mini **** fest that is...!
Someone spent some $$$ on accessories and they all look great. Seriously considering the blacked out trim for my Mini and I did notice the union jack side trim even before you took the nice pics. Still wondering about the running lights so let us know how well they work too.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the photos...

Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ponyup
Anyone know what "Priority 1" means. I read it on the production order form.
The means you are a "Actual Customer Order" which supposedly gets the highest priority when they begin scheduling the actual production for all orders that came in during that grouping. (Not sure how orders are pooled (grouped) either by the hour or by the day or like time frame).

Congrats and welcome to the Asylum and the waiting game. The recent flood of Mini **** should help your wait...it did for most of us in this large group that is just starting to graduate from the forum.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group