1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 AM
S'poreSTI
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Wow. I feel for you! This is frustrating! How likely is this to happen to other ships that are headed to the west coast? Is it normal to have such a delay at the Panama Canal?
Just pre-stressing for my ship headed that way.
Thanks!
Kim
Its in the canal...

Old 03-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a quick question. So today I finally was able to pull the tracking information from the WWL website. When I look it says:

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL - BREMERHAVEN 04-03-2013 16:46:46
BOOKED - BREMEN 28-02-2013 11:05:31

They strange thing is the boat left on March 1st and the "received at terminal" date is March 3rd. There is also no "Loaded on vessel" status? Is this something that will be added later? I just want to make sure it is on that boat.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Not sure of ****, as all of our roadsters will have our clothes "paint that is" all on and pretty. One very good thing s out our guys is that we arrive at an East Coast port. I feel for you guys that have to go thru the canal. That's an extra four weeks, on top of the build, then come across the pond. Anyway, another three to four weeks and we should be driving them on Easter. I'll probably be driving back to Iowa from Chicago. Later.
Bill

Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
I have a quick question. So today I finally was able to pull the tracking information from the WWL website. When I look it says:

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL - BREMERHAVEN 04-03-2013 16:46:46
BOOKED - BREMEN 28-02-2013 11:05:31

They strange thing is the boat left on March 1st and the "received at terminal" date is March 3rd. There is also no "Loaded on vessel" status? Is this something that will be added later? I just want to make sure it is on that boat.
If it's showing booked on the Bremen and the ship has sailed then you can be pretty confident that your MINI is onboard...

Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Use www.sailwx.info until Tongala gets back in range of land...
Thanks!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
MINI at dealer!

Just got an email saying our MINI has arrived at the dealership! They are saying she will be ready Thursday. I want to go over there and see her, but I'm stuck with a lot to do today. If I don't go, though, I am likely to blow a gasket myself. What to do!?!?

So excited!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher
Just got an email saying our MINI has arrived at the dealership! They are saying she will be ready Thursday. I want to go over there and see her, but I'm stuck with a lot to do today. If I don't go, though, I am likely to blow a gasket myself. What to do!?!?

So excited!
Awesome!! Congrats

Old 03-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Sadly, it is. There's a set number of ships that can safely transit the Panama Canal a day, and when volume is up a queue can build on either side of the canal.
Hopefully by the 11th when the Tongala gets there, it will be totally empty and she'll pass through without incident or delay. I've found wishful thinking is better than dealing with the reality of this wait.
Thank you!!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by S'poreSTI
Its in the canal...
Woo hoo!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Time from ship to dealer

So...for those wondering how long it takes from being unloaded at Port Hueneme to VDC to dealer in Seattle to new owner...

It looks like it might end up taking 8 days in our case. 5 days from being unloaded at the port last Wednesday morning to being delivered to the dealership in Seattle today. Then 3 days for them to install our accessory items.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher

So excited!
Congrats!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
The Aida is about to dock in Baltimore. So Quix will have his land legs soon. I can just about smell those new tires. Just a few more days, yea!

Old 03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
oh baby!!! my lil coupe should be arriving in Baltimore MD around the 3/6/2013!!! man, i swear i see a Mini Cooper every other block out here in San Fran. def am liking the lightning blue i'm seeing hardtops in.

haven't really had too much time to obsess w/traveling for work and long hours. so awesome seeing all of the waiting for peeps getting their babies and the mini pr0n

Old 03-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Quixter
The Aida is about to dock in Baltimore. So Quix will have his land legs soon. I can just about smell those new tires. Just a few more days, yea!
Quixter - where's your dealer? I'm in Annapolis. I'm hoping for a Monday delivery after they install stripes and the clear shield. Think I have a shot?

Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Posting in wrong thread just so all the great people I waited with can read this.
I only say this to help warn anyone having something done on their Mini after picking it up.
Note the work I am about to talk about was done by a 3rd party as most dealers don't do tint (they outsource it) and they don't do custom vinyl work especially things that might be protected by licensing.

So I got my beautiful Custom Ordered Mini Cooper JCW R56 late last Friday night and on Saturday morning I went through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything was perfect and it was! So I took my Brand New Mini to a very recommended and recently #1 rated by our local rag newspaper Tint and Vinyl Shop. They did the tint and it looks great and they put on the Resident Evil Umbrella Corp "Umbrella" emblem.

The next day after taking pictures and posting the pictures I noticed a few bumps in the vinyl like sand or dirt and thought I will have to have them re-do some of this but on deeper inspection I found a tiny cut in my paint! So I pulled up part of the Vinyl to see how bad and it was bad and I got PISSED OFF thinking I might have 16 deep slices and ripped all the Vinyl artwork off of my car. Luckily only 1 major 18 inch razor slice in my roof, if you can call that lucky!

My Mini dealer has a bodyshop next door and after inspecting it today they said they can try to fix it and it will take 2 hours but they suspect the entire roof will need to be repainted!!!! WTH! On the good side the company that cut my roof apologized and told me to get it fixed and they will reimburse for the repairs. I am calmer now but I was so depressed yesterday after discovering the damage to my new Mini.

From now on, no one but my Dealer is touching my Mini unless I am aloud to stand over and watch everything they do.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jimmyselix
oh baby!!! my lil coupe should be arriving in Baltimore MD around the 3/6/2013!!! man, i swear i see a Mini Cooper every other block out here in San Fran. def am liking the lightning blue i'm seeing hardtops in.

haven't really had too much time to obsess w/traveling for work and long hours. so awesome seeing all of the waiting for peeps getting their babies and the mini pr0n
Sounds awesome Jimmy. My Coupe showed up at Motorwerks late saturday night. I cant wait to pick her up on the 14th. I hope they get you your Coupe fast

Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
That's awful! I'm stunned at their level of incompetence...

Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
Posting in wrong thread just so all the great people I waited with can read this.
I only say this to help warn anyone having something done on their Mini after picking it up.
Note the work I am about to talk about was done by a 3rd party as most dealers don't do tint (they outsource it) and they don't do custom vinyl work especially things that might be protected by licensing.

So I got my beautiful Custom Ordered Mini Cooper JCW R56 late last Friday night and on Saturday morning I went through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything was perfect and it was! So I took my Brand New Mini to a very recommended and recently #1 rated by our local rag newspaper Tint and Vinyl Shop. They did the tint and it looks great and they put on the Resident Evil Umbrella Corp "Umbrella" emblem.

The next day after taking pictures and posting the pictures I noticed a few bumps in the vinyl like sand or dirt and thought I will have to have them re-do some of this but on deeper inspection I found a tiny cut in my paint! So I pulled up part of the Vinyl to see how bad and it was bad and I got PISSED OFF thinking I might have 16 deep slices and ripped all the Vinyl artwork off of my car. Luckily only 1 major 18 inch razor slice in my roof, if you can call that lucky!

My Mini dealer has a bodyshop next door and after inspecting it today they said they can try to fix it and it will take 2 hours but they suspect the entire roof will need to be repainted!!!! WTH! On the good side the company that cut my roof apologized and told me to get it fixed and they will reimburse for the repairs. I am calmer now but I was so depressed yesterday after discovering the damage to my new Mini.

From now on, no one but my Dealer is touching my Mini unless I am aloud to stand over and watch everything they do.
That really sucks Weaf I hope you get everything resolved quickly. This supposed the be a happy motoring time not a pissed off and stressful time. Good luck

Old 03-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Here is an update photo. My new girl glowing in the late evening sun.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-484613605.jpg  
Old 03-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
Quixter - where's your dealer? I'm in Annapolis. I'm hoping for a Monday delivery after they install stripes and the clear shield. Think I have a shot?
Mine is in Columbus Ohio. I'm still hoping for a Wednesday delivery, the 6th is my birthday. How perfect would that be. It will likely be Friday or Saturday assuming it leaves the VDC within 48 hours.

You are in Maine then, I would think you would get it sooner then Monday. They shouldn't be at the distro center long if they get a clean bill of health.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dewey911
Sounds awesome Jimmy. My Coupe showed up at Motorwerks late saturday night. I cant wait to pick her up on the 14th. I hope they get you your Coupe fast
NICEEE!!!! so excited for you too man!! i bet mine will be hopefully available right after my trip to NYC on the 19th - 21st. glad i'll be super busy this month to keep my mind off the car and to help save for my JCW Tuning kit upgrade this summer.

you better post some pics of your baby once you pick her up!! i bet it will be a long 10 more days for you

Old 03-04-2013, 04:12 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Mine is in Columbus Ohio. I'm still hoping for a Wednesday delivery, the 6th is my birthday. How perfect would that be..
that would be the sweetest bday present ever!! hope you get your baby on your special day!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Lady_May
Here is an update photo. My new girl glowing in the late evening sun.
looking good!!! really like that orange too.. was thinking of getting that color at one point but realized that i have several other car owners in my place w/that color and realized that i'm a blue boy my whole life

Old 03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27

Oh man, what a drag! I am sorry, Weaf. I would have had to take an anger management time out before dealing with anyone who did that to my car.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Perv. LOL

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group