1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
PFSIII
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's here! It's here! It's here!

It took few extra days, but my MINI is finally home! Here are a few cellphone pictures. I'll send more later.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
kitkat6
Neutral
Ordered this weekend!

Just ordered my new baby this weekend and have NOT been able to stop thinking about it! I can't wait to drive myself crazy looking at everyone else's deliveries over the next couple months!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
S'poreSTI
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ///Chris
Hopefully you'd be close too...I guess it depends on the truck schedule at that point. Do you think that they ship BMW/MINI up north on demand, or on a set schedule? Either way, I'd bet you have it by Friday or Saturday.
Originally Posted by seabeast
My guess is that they schedule trucks whenever they have enough vehicles to fill one. So if this is a slow week, I might have to wait an extra day or two. Still, if your dealer has a delivery date, then mine ought to hear something soon. What's less clear is if they actively notify the MAs or if it's up to the MA to check.
Seeing those 2 posts together made me laugh, there is going to be a lot of Spice Orange on the roads around San Jose in March

Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
My first MINI is at the VDC and only an hour away from the dealer. The long wait is almost over.
Hopefully you get news on it today.I'm hopeful both of ours will get loaded on a truck today. Looking forward to seeing the pics of Quix's fellow shipmate.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PFSIII

It took few extra days, but my MINI is finally home! Here are a few cellphone pictures. I'll send more later.
Congrats! Looking good!

Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kimpossible

Wondering how I'm going to avoid steady engine speeds when I take the freeway to and from work everyday. The way to work is bumper to bumper traffic, but my way home after going to the gym is usually clear. I'll have an automatic transmission. Does that make any difference? The hooligan driving will be the hardest for me to avoid.
Breaking in the engine is not as hard as it sounds. Keep it under a 100 MPH, don't redline it and vary your speeds to keep the rings from seating incorrectly. Meaning, don't use your cruise control until after the break in period, freeway driving is fine just don't keep it at one constant speed. This goes for your tires too but they will break in much sooner. It's better to warm an engine up in the mornings driving under 45 MPH until it gets to temp than it is setting in your driveway idling too.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:25 AM
KermitClin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher
I snuck over to the dealership this morning and took a few pics of our new arrival. She still has the wrap on her roof, and she is waiting for the dealer to install a short antenna, white sport stripe, and chequered flag mirror caps, scuttles and sunroof decal.

:
Lookin' good!!!

Thanks for the tips about Seattle's weather, I brought along just the right jacket and clothing for our trip!

We don't see a lot of Mini's around our town because the nearest Mini dealer is over an hour away, so my husband and I always point them out when we see one. Last weekend when we were in Seattle, my husband was going nuts trying to point out all the Mini's we saw downtown. It was quite amusing

Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear

Looking Good!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 06:43 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kitkat6
Just ordered my new baby this weekend and have NOT been able to stop thinking about it! I can't wait to drive myself crazy looking at everyone else's deliveries over the next couple months!
The waiting sucks , but when it arrives .

Oh and make sure you have lots of popcorn handy,

Good Luck!!

Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by S'poreSTI
Seeing those 2 posts together made me laugh, there is going to be a lot of Spice Orange on the roads around San Jose in March
Well, I'm in LA - but still, close enough!

Something else that's funny about our two cars, they are exactly one vin digit apart. He's 568 and I'm 567. Fun times!

And about my MA - I wouldn't be too surprised if he was doing the checking. He's been pretty good about it this whole process. Oh, by the way, OL still says that I'm waiting for a ship in England. Heh.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by KermitClin
Lookin' good!!!

Thanks for the tips about Seattle's weather, I brought along just the right jacket and clothing for our trip!

We don't see a lot of Mini's around our town because the nearest Mini dealer is over an hour away, so my husband and I always point them out when we see one. Last weekend when we were in Seattle, my husband was going nuts trying to point out all the Mini's we saw downtown. It was quite amusing
Yes, Seattle is definitely a Mini town. If we were to look 1-2 blocks in every direction from our house, we'd find Mini owners in every direction.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
GG...glad you're have a great time. My Coupe has caused a stir at the office. Everyone is asking about driving it! That's not going to happen...
I only let people sit in the passenger seat. The driver seat is mine baby. ALL MINE!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher
Thanks, GG. It's supposed to be sunny here Friday and Saturday, so I may get to take pics with some real daylight. It was a pretty gloomy day today.
Mini **** please!!!!

My first MINI is at the VDC and only an hour away from the dealer. The long wait is almost over.
Congrats. This is the best part. Seeing her for the first time and learning all about her!!

Originally Posted by jls181
I can't wait for the MINI to arrive. I will keep following the production.
Welcome

PFSIII, love the color!!! She's very purdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
Breaking in the engine is not as hard as it sounds. Keep it under a 100 MPH, don't redline it and vary your speeds to keep the rings from seating incorrectly. Meaning, don't use your cruise control until after the break in period, freeway driving is fine just don't keep it at one constant speed. This goes for your tires too but they will break in much sooner. It's better to warm an engine up in the mornings driving under 45 MPH until it gets to temp than it is setting in your driveway idling too.
This is the hardest part for me. I didn't have an S on my last Cooper and well, I am LOVING the spped and quickness of GG, she ROCKS it!!!

But I keep having to remember to ease her in gently!!! Oh boy are the two of us going to have some stories!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Mini connected issue

I know this isn't the place to post this but I thought you all could direct me to a better thread to discuss. Mini Connected is seriously having issues in GG. 4 hours in service on Saturday for them to tell me it was my phone (where the charger normally plugs in) they said it was loose. So, I spent an hour on the phone with AT&T and traded phones with my son and lo and behold it STILL DOES NOT WORK!. (another side note, I can't upgrade to the 5 or the Samsung because Connected won't work with those --- something that was never disclosed to me).

Now they are telling me to redownload the app because sometimes the app gets corrupted. hmmmmmm, ok.

Anyone else that has taken delivery had problems with Connected? Wanna direct me to a better thread to air my frustrations?
Thanks everyone!!!!!!
GG & Jamie

Old 03-06-2013, 09:19 AM
mjk1603
1st Gear
There's a MINI Connected thread on NAM. 2nd Generation MINIs - Navigation & Audio. Do you have a copy of the MINI Connected Handbook?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mjk1603
There's a MINI Connected thread on NAM. 2nd Generation MINIs - Navigation & Audio. Do you have a copy of the MINI Connected Handbook?
Thanks a bunch MJK603
No copy of a handbook --- just my Owner's manual.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM
mjk1603
1st Gear
I googled "mini connected iPhone" It's on the mini.com website. That's different site than the miniusa.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
mjk1603
1st Gear
I keep hitting send before I'm done. Big thumbs.

Anyway I guess that's the British site because it kicked out my VIN when I put it in. There are probably a few podcasts out there too

I'm in mourning my car won't get up here until next week.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Thanks a bunch MJK603
No copy of a handbook --- just my Owner's manual.
You might take a look at this:

http://www.mini.com/connectivity/min...andbook_EN.pdf

Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear

Beautiful!!! Many congrats to you!!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
Thank you!! You guys are a wealth of information!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Thanks mjk - I found the thread. Much appreaciated

I keep hitting send before I'm done. Big thumbs.

Anyway I guess that's the British site because it kicked out my VIN when I put it in. There are probably a few podcasts out there too

I'm in mourning my car won't get up here until next week.
Ugghhhhhh, the wait is the hardest.
Originally Posted by Charlie Victor
Thanks Charlie Victor

Old 03-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Our green machine is at the VDC (an hour from the dealer) and I asked our MA for a delivery estimate. His estimate was "a while"....arrrrrrgh

Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Our green machine is at the VDC (an hour from the dealer) and I asked our MA for a delivery estimate. His estimate was "a while"....arrrrrrgh
ughhhhhhhhhh what does awhile mean?

Old 03-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Kleiner
1st Gear
MINI ****! She came in on Tombarra on Monday and arrived at the dealer in San Diego today! 2 days!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Seems Mother Nature is once again slowing down the process for us. My dealer's schedule says the 8th for mine but they have thier doubts because it doesn't show it was loaded on the truck yet. It was released for transport on the 5th. Hang in there Dog Boy!

Dang winter storms

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group