1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 05:36 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seabeast
Woot! My MA emailed me to say my MINI will be ready tonight! Wife isn't happy about the short notice and hurried dinner schedule, but some things are just more important than family harmony, am I right?
Woohoo , the MINI is the new child, she wouldn't wait to go to the hospital now would she

Old 03-08-2013, 05:42 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Congrats to Jolly Rancher and ///Chris!

Love me some MINI ****!!!

Great looking MINI's!

Guys they look great!!! Glad your baby's finally made it home

Jolly, checker board on the roof is pretty cool

Chris, I like that color, didnt think I would but it looks great with the black accents

Enjoy, they are sooo much fun to drive

Old 03-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Hello all. I just wanted to post a little something that may give those in waiting some hope. Everyone's waiting time will be different for sure. Since joining this thread I've seen some pretty sporadic delivery times. So here's hoping your wait time will be short. My personal experience was very good. My Coupe was ordered on January 8th and arrived at my dealer in Minneapolis on March 3rd. So keep the faith and know your wait will result in happy times with your new Mini. :-)

Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
Guys they look great!!! Glad your baby's finally made it home

Jolly, checker board on the roof is pretty cool

Chris, I like that color, didnt think I would but it looks great with the black accents

Enjoy, they are sooo much fun to drive
Hey, thanks! Yeah, it's a polarizing color, that's for sure. People either love it or hate it. My last car was a similar color...so, yeah, I'm in love.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
Very, very nice! Congrats!!! JCW Floormats? Can you post a photo of those?
Enjoy her....Minis are even more fun to drive when they are your own.
As requested - pics of the floor mats, and daytime shots of the black trim.

You can't see it in the pictures - but the floor mats have a JCW logo centered along the rear edge. It's a 3d badge, pretty high quality. The mats themselves are not plush at all - they are more like a woven material, somewhat similar to cordura. Very durable. The black area on the driver's side where your heels rest is plush, however. They are thin and light, and I like them quite a lot.

And yeah, it rained last night...stupid tree dropped flowers all over my car.

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-kuiwdlz.jpg
"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-zcieiga.jpg
"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-w8yhef1.jpg
"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-o2easi9.jpg

Old 03-08-2013, 10:59 AM
ChefTyGuy
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No news still. All the boys are sitting at the port awaiting a ship. Hopefully we get put on the 11th. At this point ASKMINI is useless since they cant see past it getting to the port then not again until it hits the VDC. Heres to hoping the ships hurry up and update their information, ill accept nothing less than an every hour on the hour update of where my baby boy is on his trip across the pond lol.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:05 AM
StPeteAPB
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ChefTyGuy
No news still. All the boys are sitting at the port awaiting a ship. Hopefully we get put on the 11th. At this point ASKMINI is useless since they cant see past it getting to the port then not again until it hits the VDC. Heres to hoping the ships hurry up and update their information, ill accept nothing less than an every hour on the hour update of where my baby boy is on his trip across the pond lol.
Hopefully they're holding the boat for mine to get thru today's build completion!

If I'm not off, your Mini should be coming into port in Tampa along with mine.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
More pics of new arrival.

Here are some more pics of our new baby. It's actually sunny in Seattle today!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-cheqside3.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-cheqside4.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher
It was so worth the wait! Boy is she fun to drive. We had an absolute blast. Eventually, we had to go get dinner. Sorry, not many pictures. I will post some more tomorrow.

The sunroof decal is really great and very well done by Seattle Mini. We LOVE it. It looks like a black and white chequerboard, but the black areas are sunroof with no decal, and only the white squares are the decal. I had read that when it's sunny it casts a chequerboard pattern inside the car. The view through the sunroof from inside is cool too.
Love it! Congrats!!

Old 03-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ///Chris
As promised, pictures!
The night shots are after I installed the black trim around the headlights, the grille, and the taillights. I also put on the JCW side scuttles, and the JCW floor mats - I'll get better pictures of all that in the daylight tomorrow.

This car is an absolute blast! I couldn't be happier.
Awesome Chris!!! Congrats!!! Your interior is exactly what I ordered with the exception of the cool floormats. Great to see it in real life. How are you liking the seats?
Thanks,
Kim

Last edited by Kimpossible; 03-08-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: To add question
Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 AM
ChefTyGuy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by StPeteAPB
Hopefully they're holding the boat for mine to get thru today's build completion!

If I'm not off, your Mini should be coming into port in Tampa along with mine.
Correct me if im wrong but i don't recall there being a port in Tampa. I was told we go through the VDC in Brunswick, GA.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:05 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Awesome Chris!!! Congrats!!! Your interior is exactly what I ordered with the exception of the cool floormats. Great to see it in real life. How are you liking the seats?
Thanks,
Kim
Thanks! The seats are really nice. I like the cloth, the stitching in red is a great touch, and the seats are firmer than the standard pleather ones in the base cooper, which I like. And, the heated seats get hot FAST! It's awesome on my back too.

Chris

Old 03-08-2013, 12:23 PM
StPeteAPB
2nd Gear

Correct me if im wrong but i don't recall there being a port in Tampa. I was told we go through the VDC in Brunswick, GA.
I can live w that. Then they dock sooner than coming around the state to the Gulf.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Brunswick, GA is the port for us in the south all the way out to Texas.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Thanks! The seats are really nice. I like the cloth, the stitching in red is a great touch, and the seats are firmer than the standard pleather ones in the base cooper, which I like. And, the heated seats get hot FAST! It's awesome on my back too.

Chris
Didn't really need the heated seats, but decided to get them anyway. Will be nice for going to work in the morning when the weather is cold.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
StPeteAPB
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Brunswick, GA is the port for us in the south all the way out to Texas.
Cool!

So, they're waiting for mine to get done today so they can get it on the same ship as ChefTyGuy

Old 03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
S'poreSTI
2nd Gear
As requested - pics of the floor mats, and daytime shots of the black trim.

You can't see it in the pictures - but the floor mats have a JCW logo centered along the rear edge. It's a 3d badge, pretty high quality. The mats themselves are not plush at all - they are more like a woven material, somewhat similar to cordura. Very durable. The black area on the driver's side where your heels rest is plush, however. They are thin and light, and I like them quite a lot.

And yeah, it rained last night...stupid tree dropped flowers all over my car.

Looks good! I'm seriously thinking about the floormats for our mini too, brightens up the floor area a lot. was going to ask the MA if he could throw them in for free
But not sure if it will be too many checks inside since we will get the checkerboard dash trim fitted...

Old 03-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear

Chris
Awesome! I only have two more weeks to wait to see mine. I should have gotten the heated seats. It's my only regret besides park assist. I spent it on the paint instead.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:39 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been through this waiting game twice before, and it looks like we're going for number three...

Old 03-08-2013, 03:47 PM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by S'poreSTI
Looks good! I'm seriously thinking about the floormats for our mini too, brightens up the floor area a lot. was going to ask the MA if he could throw them in for free
But not sure if it will be too many checks inside since we will get the checkerboard dash trim fitted...
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Not too many checks at all. It will be Psychedelic man. Combined with the rotating light pattern, it will be cool, baby. Yeah! [/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Dewey911
Hello all. I just wanted to post a little something that may give those in waiting some hope. Everyone's waiting time will be different for sure. Since joining this thread I've seen some pretty sporadic delivery times. So here's hoping your wait time will be short. My personal experience was very good. My Coupe was ordered on January 8th and arrived at my dealer in Minneapolis on March 3rd. So keep the faith and know your wait will result in happy times with your new Mini. :-)
wassup dewey!! so when you getting your baby?? mine just landed at the port and hopefully here in 10 days or so!!!!

as for the those waiting.. its def a tough wait but hopefully not too bad.. you get to meet a lot of cool future and present mini owners here and shoot each other ideas on what to do to our minis. as my signature shows, i've been pretty lucky in the speed of building and receiving my Mini Coupe; i think i was lucky enough to get a dealer reserved slot.

the next 10 days will be my longest 10.. just need to pass the time by trying to sell my civic si...

Old 03-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Stuck in VDC

Quix - you out there? Have you gotten out of VDC yet? I wonder if the storm slowed everything down in Baltimore.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
Quix - you out there? Have you gotten out of VDC yet? I wonder if the storm slowed everything down in Baltimore.
I'm here, totally carless as I sold my Jeep yesterday. I've heard that Quix will be at the dealers tomorrow, but I don't think they are completely sure of that. Time will tell, but seems that storm really put a wrench in things.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:37 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Quixter
I'm here, totally carless as I sold my Jeep yesterday. I've heard that Quix will be at the dealers tomorrow, but I don't think they are completely sure of that. Time will tell, but seems that storm really put a wrench in things.
i think your right about the storm.. my baby was suppose to hit baltimore on the 5th but didn't get to port till today. hope you get your baby soon

Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 PM
kitkat6
Neutral
I think I got really lucky too... my MA processed my order on Monday and I just saw today that it's already in production. I should be getting it just before my birthday!

Production is scheduled to finish on the 13th. Will my little guy have any buddies coming across the pond to NY?

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group