1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyselix
how does the sports suspension feel on the mn roads? i'm curious to see if its as stiff as the reviewers all whined about. i forgone sports suspension based on what i had heard about stiffness/jarring on potholes.

you prob almost broke in your baby too!
Well as I've said in the past, this is my 4th MINI so I'm used to the ride. I really enjoyed the feel of the suspension. Having read so many posts from this thread I've been led to believe many people here are getting their first MINI so all they have to go on is things they may have heard. I buy the MINI brand because of how and why the car is made the way it is. I love the "go-cart" feel. When I drove the Tail of the Dragon last year I really learned what the car was made to do, MOTOR!! I think you're going to love your MINI. Just remember, it is a sport car, a car that is made to run and made to be a ton of fun to drive.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
By the way, I always buy white cars. This is the first time I strayed from white and when I saw the car for the first time yesterday morning the Green just blew me away. I was so concerned I would not like it but as it turned out I love it.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Dewey911
2nd Gear
how does the sports suspension feel on the mn roads? i'm curious to see if its as stiff as the reviewers all whined about. i forgone sports suspension based on what i had heard about stiffness/jarring on potholes.

you prob almost broke in your baby too!
As far as breaking it in, I have almost 600 miles on the Coupe and they recommend 1200 so I'm halfway there

Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dewey911
As far as breaking it in, I have almost 600 miles on the Coupe and they recommend 1200 so I'm halfway there
Good to see you finally picked up your MINI! Looking forward to seeing some more pics. Damn, half way through the break in period already, and all highway miles!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:53 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
Just got word that our CM is on the truck being transported to the dealer. My MA told me the 18th but then when I call Mini they said the 17th. That is a Sunday so I am hoping Monday!!!!!!
Not too far to go! Hang in there!

Old 03-16-2013, 06:17 AM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Yea, just got a call. My car is close to being at the dealers. Was beginning to think it was going to take up residence at the VDC.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:27 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Quixter
Yea, just got a call. My car is close to being at the dealers. Was beginning to think it was going to take up residence at the VDC.
You may have been right on the hold back till launch. I guess it will be a long time before you "see yourself" coming down the road.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Quixter
I feel lucky. Mine got off the ship Thursday and looks like its already on the truck for delivery. That makes up for the long production wait. How long was yours at the VDC?

Old 03-16-2013, 06:37 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
They don't keep them long at VDC, unless you have them install options there, the. They have to be scheduled in. That can take a week or longer. Otherwise, it's just a day or so. But sometimes it does take some extra time to get your dealers ordered delivery truck

Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 AM
ChefTyGuy
3rd Gear
I keep checking the Tirranna and Athens Highway for updates on sailwx.info and so far i've got nothing.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Well as I've said in the past, this is my 4th MINI so I'm used to the ride. I really enjoyed the feel of the suspension. Having read so many posts from this thread I've been led to believe many people here are getting their first MINI so all they have to go on is things they may have heard. I buy the MINI brand because of how and why the car is made the way it is. I love the "go-cart" feel. When I drove the Tail of the Dragon last year I really learned what the car was made to do, MOTOR!! I think you're going to love your MINI. Just remember, it is a sport car, a car that is made to run and made to be a ton of fun to drive.
awesome to hear!! yea, i should have gone w/sports suspension; i already drove a sports compact w/stiff suspension.. next time.. hehe. love hearing the feedback. more pics?
ike you, my best pics will be from the dealership and then the mn roads... ugh..

Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Dewey911
2nd Gear

awesome to hear!! yea, i should have gone w/sports suspension; i already drove a sports compact w/stiff suspension.. next time.. hehe. love hearing the feedback. more pics?
ike you, my best pics will be from the dealership and then the mn roads... ugh..
No pictures right now unfortunately. She's looking pretty dirty after that drive. I was able to get the tire repaired but it might still have slow leak. It's below zero this morning so I haven't been out to the garage to check it yet.

So what's the status on your Baby?

Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
No pictures right now unfortunately. She's looking pretty dirty after that drive. I was able to get the tire repaired but it might still have slow leak. It's below zero this morning so I haven't been out to the garage to check it yet.

So what's the status on your Baby?
haha!! i bet.. i washed my civic si before selling it and it was just as dirty after driving 15 miles to the dealership as it was before washing..

as for my baby, she is at the dealership today i believe and then goes to the body shop for detailing and the JCW Spoiler install and then i hopefully get a call to come in next friday. i fly to nyc tues to thur, so fri would be PERFECT!!

did they do the whole setup showing for you at motorwerks? i plan to take a TON of pics at motorwerks.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Dewey911
2nd Gear

haha!! i bet.. i washed my civic si before selling it and it was just as dirty after driving 15 miles to the dealership as it was before washing..

as for my baby, she is at the dealership today i believe and then goes to the body shop for detailing and the JCW Spoiler install and then i hopefully get a call to come in next friday. i fly to nyc tues to thur, so fri would be PERFECT!!

did they do the whole setup showing for you at motorwerks? i plan to take a TON of pics at motorwerks.
Awesome!

They had the Coupe in the showroom with the others. I was happy with the presentation. Motorwerks always meets my expectations and needs when I purchase a vehicle from them. I hope you have a great experience with your purchase.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Dewey911
2nd Gear

Awesome!

They had the Coupe in the showroom with the others. I was happy with the presentation. Motorwerks always meets my expectations and needs when I purchase a vehicle from them. I hope you have a great experience with your purchase.
I work at a Fire Department and one of our perks is we can bring our vehicles into the FD after hours and clean them so when the weather clears up a little I'll take her in and give her a good cleaning :-) Sundays are perfect, I normally bring my car in for a few hours.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Zeek
2nd Gear
I'm in. Just ordered a Lightning Blue MCS hardtop.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Zeek
I'm in. Just ordered a Lightning Blue MCS hardtop.
Congratulations!!!

Old 03-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Chesapeake Highway update: Left the Port of Baltimore 4 hours ago. She's on her way to Brunswick, GA!

Last edited by Tex6 Hawkeye; 03-17-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
I feel lucky. Mine got off the ship Thursday and looks like its already on the truck for delivery. That makes up for the long production wait. How long was yours at the VDC?
Was there since the 4th. I got to see it at the dealer today. I'll post some pictures once I pick it up Monday and it has racing stripes etc.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:32 PM
mb2020
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Chesapeake Highway update: Left the Port of Baltimore 4 hours ago. She's on her way to Brunswick, GA!
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
The Tiger just updated their position. The are out in the middle of the North Atlantic heading Southwest towards the Panama Canal!

Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Will trade MINI **** for information

Now that I have your attention Attached is a pic of the new machine. As a trade, can new owners help me out? I went through the MINI videos and the manual and they describe accessories like they are standard. Tow ring under driver's seat, mobility kit under passenger set; nothing there. Are these standard or optional? There was also a small metal "key" taped to a piece of paper (attached pic). The MA didn't know what it was. Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_1527.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_1528.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Timmay074
Neutral
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
Now that I have your attention Attached is a pic of the new machine. As a trade, can new owners help me out? I went through the MINI videos and the manual and they describe accessories like they are standard. Tow ring under driver's seat, mobility kit under passenger set; nothing there. Are these standard or optional? There was also a small metal "key" taped to a piece of paper (attached pic). The MA didn't know what it was. Any ideas?
That metal ring looks like the tool to take the plastic covers off the lug nuts of the tires. Or at least I used that on my Audi for the job

Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 AM
mjk1603
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
Mobility Kit - Found on Amazon:

For those who motor without run-flat tires. Temporarily fixes small tire punctures long enough so you can reach proper care-givers. Kit includes: nylon case with ...

Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
ah yes... this should be my final week of hanging here in the 'those waitiing for.." since my baby has made it to the dealership and now just needs to get its JCW Spoiler mounted and painted and final detailing done..

now to find her a name..

Old 03-18-2013, 06:40 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
ah yes... this should be my final week of hanging here in the 'those waitiing for.." since my baby has made it to the dealership and now just needs to get its JCW Spoiler mounted and painted and final detailing done..

now to find her a name..
Good for you, your almost home! One more full week for me at least. The Chesapeake Highway reaches the port in Brunswick today, should already be there but I can't tell with the computer I'm using. But it is port day! One step closer!

When you pick her up, don't forget the pics Jimmy!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group