1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyselix
ah yes... this should be my final week of hanging here in the 'those waitiing for.." since my baby has made it to the dealership and now just needs to get its JCW Spoiler mounted and painted and final detailing done..

now to find her a name..
Congrats! Me too!!! My ship is now showing arriving the 21st instead of the 20th, but hopefully it won't spend too much time at the VDC before the hour or so journey to the dealer. I'm having a couple of things installed, so I'm hoping and crossing fingers that I'll be in her by Saturday or Sunday at the latest.
This has been the longest wait of my life besides my pregnancy 20 years ago! But much like the arrival of my precious son, I'm sure the wait will be so well worth it!
Hang in there everyone!!
Cheers!
Kim

Old 03-18-2013, 10:01 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Good for you, your almost home! One more full week for me at least. The Chesapeake Highway reaches the port in Brunswick today, should already be there but I can't tell with the computer I'm using. But it is port day! One step closer!

When you pick her up, don't forget the pics Jimmy!
Nice!! don't worry buddy. . i'll have a TON of pics and a full 1080p video walkaround and inside.. you'll be begging me to stop posting photos/vids

can't wait to see what your baby looks like too!!

Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM
butson
Neutral
Checked the WW website this morning and HOLY CRAP! my MINI is on the Turandot. OL and ASK MINI still haven't updated, and unfortunately Turandot is already in the dead zone. Not too much longer now!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:57 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
awesome!
It's funny (and sad) but I leave the previous MINIs I've had built in my Owner's Lounge. So, today, I popped in to check Production Status, as the Countryman started production before the weekend (I know, early, just looking)... and it said 'AT DEALERSHIP' which of course wasn't true but before I could even parse the statement, I realized it's because it's pulling from the Clubman... which I had built in late 2010...
D'oh!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 AM
S'poreSTI
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should be picking up our mini this week after it arrived at Port Hueneme last Thursday.
Just saw on mini.com the 0.9% financing offer is back (when we ordered 1.9% was the best rate), so thats perfect timing...

Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM
ChefTyGuy
3rd Gear
Athens Highway is headed up the Chesapeake Bay!!!!

Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
ChefTyGuy. Fantastic! You're should be about one day ahead of us on the Tirranna.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Mini-LG
2nd Gear
Anyone else on the Boheme? It has finally hit Halifax, NS and is headed for NYC scheduled to arrive on the 21st.

Where are all my Boheme peeps??

LG

Old 03-19-2013, 12:42 PM
ChefTyGuy
3rd Gear
ANDDD Athens Highway is DRUNK doing circles before entering Chesapeake Bay, I guess we are waiting on clearance from customs to proceed?!?!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
erblo
Neutral
Originally Posted by S'poreSTI
Should be picking up our mini this week after it arrived at Port Hueneme last Thursday.
Just saw on mini.com the 0.9% financing offer is back (when we ordered 1.9% was the best rate), so thats perfect timing...
Hey we must have been on the same boat! I saw that 0.9% but it looks like it's only up to 36 months. I'm going with a 60 month lease, so I'm stuck with 1.9%.

Any day now...

Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 PM
S'poreSTI
2nd Gear
So, our MINI's ready for pickup anytime tomorrow, but we are too busy to get to the dealer until Thursday evening...

Old 03-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
So, our MINI's ready for pickup anytime tomorrow, but we are too busy to get to the dealer until Thursday evening...
I am in the exact same boat. Just got in today and tint tomorrow.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Has anyone heard any hints about MINI incentives for April?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:03 AM
ponyup
1st Gear
Congrats on your MINI. They should be able to honor the .09%. They did for us...

Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Hi there folks, no Tirranna on the horizon yet. The Athens Highway is at port in Baltimore right now, the Boheme is just leaving Halifax, Nova Scotia, shucks I can find everyone else's ships, but not mine and he's suppose to dock in Baltimore this evening. What did he do, take a different route to Baltimore, beings as he didn't have to stop in New York and came directly across the Atlantic, being no man's land the whole distance? Looks like it. Maybe he did sink on one of the Titanics great, great grandsons ice bergs. Naw, that couldn't happen to me, right? Later, he'll show up, MAYBE?

Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 AM
StPeteAPB
2nd Gear
The California Highway was in Southampton yesterday - looked like she was just getting in ... now she's "out of range".

Hoping to hear from my MA that (a) my MINI is aboard that K-Line vessel, and (b) she's en route.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:32 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Hi there folks, no Tirranna on the horizon yet. The Athens Highway is at port in Baltimore right now, the Boheme is just leaving Halifax, Nova Scotia, shucks I can find everyone else's ships, but not mine and he's suppose to dock in Baltimore this evening. What did he do, take a different route to Baltimore, beings as he didn't have to stop in New York and came directly across the Atlantic, being no man's land the whole distance? Looks like it. Maybe he did sink on one of the Titanics great, great grandsons ice bergs. Naw, that couldn't happen to me, right? Later, he'll show up, MAYBE?
Its either u-boats or sea monsters! Nothing to worry about! Just keep checking on marinetraffic.com, sooner or later today it will show up.

Last edited by Tex6 Hawkeye; 03-20-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 AM
ChefTyGuy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Could have been the Black Pearl got to her and now all the pirates are enjoying your new MINI and not you. Looks like Athens has been in port for about four hours, I keep trying to convince my MA that it will be at VDC well before MINI says it will. But hey, what do I know?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ChefTyGuy
Looks like Athens has been in port for about four hours, I keep trying to convince my MA that it will be at VDC well before MINI says it will. But hey, what do I know?
In the same position somewhat. The ship has moored, unloaded and left the port two days ago and the MINI Owners Lounge still hasn't updated anything. I will probably have the car and MOL will finally update to the next step.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
The mini OL is almost always either late or wrong. They still have my JCW enroute to dealer. That's almost three years ago, go figure. Still no Tirranna, in dead zone!

Bill

Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,099 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
Now that I have your attention Attached is a pic of the new machine. As a trade, can new owners help me out? I went through the MINI videos and the manual and they describe accessories like they are standard. Tow ring under driver's seat, mobility kit under passenger set; nothing there. Are these standard or optional? There was also a small metal "key" taped to a piece of paper (attached pic). The MA didn't know what it was. Any ideas?

Yes,

That's the little hook used to take off the center covers on certain wheels.

Number 5 in diagram

Here is a picture of the MINI Tire Mobility kit and you can see what it includes. It comes with a nice zipper case with the MINI logo. Includes glove, air pump , user manual , adapter valve, and sealant.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/71100416142/ES184512/

Thanks

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-20-2013, 07:19 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Ok, FINALLY, the Tirranna has come into view about 30 miles east of the Norfolk bridge to Maryland. It won't make 02:00 UTC, or 02:00 EDT for that matter, but it should be in Baltimore at about 06:00 EDT or so. At least it will be able to unload on March 21st. Now, it's getting interesting again. I'll probably stay up tonight just to watch its progress. No, but I'll probably take a look a couple of times though. Anyway, the waiting is almost thru.

Last edited by hemisedan; 03-20-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:47 PM
S'poreSTI
2nd Gear
Had some free time today, swang by the dealer to have a look at the car & settle the paperwork.
Grabbed a quick pic, will get more tomorrow when the wife & I go to pick it up for real

Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Had some free time today, swang by the dealer to have a look at the car & settle the paperwork.
Grabbed a quick pic, will get more tomorrow when the wife & I go to pick it up for real
Beautiful!!!! Congrats!!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
wait... why didn't you pick it up already? They still picking blue plastic off of it?
GORGEOUS

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group