1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davydotcom
Drove by Dreyer Reinbold Mini in Indy last night and found my mini sitting in the back lot , Picking it up today at 2

2013 Cooper S British Racing Green. Color is hard to see from the picture (bad sun exposure)

^ Oliver
Is that a slammed BMW wagon in the background?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 PM
vette69
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AmazingGrayce
By the way...can someone please tell me where the button or switch is so I can open the gas tank? My MA told me, I am sure....but I was so excited I barely heard half of what he said! Thanks! ~Pam
Congrats, You should be able to open it if you have the key on you, or can hit the door unlock button.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:11 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minibered2013
Jeffs2 show us some pictures!!! Will you be able to take her to the tracks still?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the track. Feeling much better about it today than two days ago. Apparently there is no 'break-in' period that I have to worry about. I thought I was going to have to put 1000-1400 miles on the car in 2-3 weeks of driving. Now my only hurdle is getting a safety waiver from the club...they don't like pop-up roll-bars but I'm trying to convince them that even with the bars in the lowered position the driver is still protected. Here is a pic of the 'broomstick test'.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-cimg1124x.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-cimg1126x.jpg  
Old 08-03-2012, 04:59 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
Here she is !

I can not take delivery until wednesday because she is getting new shoes. Here is a sneak peek at her.

Last edited by MIDLYF; 08-03-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MIDLYF
I can not take delivery until wednesday because she is getting new shoes. Here is a sneak peek at her.

No pic... we like pics!

Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 PM
brontë
1st Gear
Is there anyone else whose MINI was completed on July 23rd (or thereabouts) and has NOT yet been shipped? I seem to be the only one.

BTW, congrats to all the new MINIs arriving to their homes!!!! It's so great to see the joy. Can't wait for mine.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by brontë
Is there anyone else whose MINI was completed on July 23rd (or thereabouts) and has NOT yet been shipped? I seem to be the only one.

BTW, congrats to all the new MINIs arriving to their homes!!!! It's so great to see the joy. Can't wait for mine.
Bronte... you were finished the same time I was... I'm guessing you're on the Athens Highway and just have not been updated in the OL.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:24 PM
soon2b
2nd Gear
The car I ordered and have been stalking and talking about arrived at the dealer today. Went in to do the finance paperwork and take a peek at it - STUNNING! You all know the excitement and how happiness just kind of beams out of you when you see your car. That was me, looking at and sitting in the car. But those DARN BRITS must have spent too much time in the pub. Part of the options ordered weren't on/in the car.

So, this one wasn't meant to be. Ordering now would mean waiting until October or so. We'll see if the people at the dealership can manage to pull a suitable replacement from some other dealer.

So, no more stalking of vehicles. Won't know which ship it traveled. Won't know how long it sat at various ports or even what port it arrived at. Don't know for sure what color or options it will have. But I WILL have one.

Still soon2b a MINI owner.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:34 PM
brontë
1st Gear
Oh, Tarbot, thanks! I devoutly hope my babe is on the Athens Highway. Thought so, hoped so, then lost hope after GreyNation showed as shipped, and I didn't. I'll probably drop by my dealership tomorrow to see what's up. More news then . . .

Old 08-03-2012, 06:42 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
Soon2b, I'm so so sorry, that's absolutely horrible. Any chance some of those options could be added afterwards?

So I've decided on my first aftermarket addition...glue. To glue the sport button down. It's not even the performance, but omg, the sound from the engine; it just sounds so deliciously mischievous.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 PM
strgzr3745
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by soon2b
Part of the options ordered weren't on/in the car.

So, this one wasn't meant to be. Ordering now would mean waiting until October or so. We'll see if the people at the dealership can manage to pull a suitable replacement from some other dealer.
OMG how terrible! I am surprised you are so calm about it. I would be freaking out hard core. Did your dealership offer you any compensation for this error? I'm scared now to see my Mini which has been sitting at the dealer the past 3 days...

Old 08-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
The car I ordered and have been stalking and talking about arrived at the dealer today. Went in to do the finance paperwork and take a peek at it - STUNNING! You all know the excitement and how happiness just kind of beams out of you when you see your car. That was me, looking at and sitting in the car. But those DARN BRITS must have spent too much time in the pub. Part of the options ordered weren't on/in the car.

So, no more stalking of vehicles. Won't know which ship it traveled. Won't know how long it sat at various ports or even what port it arrived at. Don't know for sure what color or options it will have. But I WILL have one.

Still soon2b a MINI owner.
OH MY! What was missed? My OL (Owners lounge) had everything called out as I ordered it... Did your OL have it right and your car come in wrong? This might be a good thing... Sit down with your dealer and hammer away! If your car is not that far off get some dealer options for a very good price. If its too far off you can wait if you're willing!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:57 PM
soon2b
2nd Gear
The dealership is definitely trying to do the right thing by me. The missing items cannot be done after-market and the absence of said items is a deal-breaker for me. I cannot fault the dealership - they really do seem to be trying to make this right!

Jeff, I am disappointed and feeling a bit heartbroken. The whole process of ordering exactly what I wanted - all the time spent in the configuration screens - deciding what I could get to fit my budget... you all know how much fun it is to call all the shots and get EXACTLY what you want. The anticipation, the tracking process, it's a LOT of fun. But the order experience is now water under my bridge. I have to suck it up and either wait for what will seem like eternity to try again for my exact car, or see what the GM can do to pull in some other car from some other dealership east of the Mississippi.

I'm disappointed that manufacturing hosed the build. I'm not disappointed with what the dealership is trying to do to get me a MINI. Just hope I have it in the driveway BEFORE Mickey & MINI 8!

PS: My build was for a base MC hatchback with Baker Street package, an arm rest and a few cosmetic details. Auto-climate control is part of the BSE packaging and is/was missing from the finished
product. No aftermarket for that.

Last edited by soon2b; 08-03-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My car is exactly what I ordered. But it has a very small dent/dimple in the driver side hump going to the head light. Just going to have to suck it up and except it. Its in the part of the hood that has a double wall, so paintless dent removal won't work. Oh well, did not see it until I got home with the car.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Soon2b... There are a lot of 2013's coming to market. I hope your dealer can source your ride through another dealer and get YOUR exact ride!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:04 PM
soon2b
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jkapinos
My car is exactly what I ordered. But it has a very small dent/dimple in the driver side hump going to the head light. Just going to have to suck it up and except it. Its in the part of the hood that has a double wall, so paintless dent removal won't work. Oh well, did not see it until I got home with the car.
Your car is GORGEOUS!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:08 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Your car is GORGEOUS!
Thanks. But right now when I look at it all I see is the imperfection. I will give it a good cleaning tomorrow because, you can't see it when it's clean.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Maybe the dry ice method could work? I've seen it pull out some small dents. Not sure, anyone else have an idea?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:21 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
I would still go back to the dealer and see if they will fix it if it came with the dent I would scream til it was fixed!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:24 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Tarbot
Maybe the dry ice method could work? I've seen it pull out some small dents. Not sure, anyone else have an idea?
I'm bringing it to a paintless dent place on Monday. Just need to get there opinion. After that I'll just live with it. My neighbor can't even seen it, it's so small.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:36 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Originally Posted by The Angry Pumkin
I would still go back to the dealer and see if they will fix it if it came with the dent I would scream til it was fixed!
Not willing to let them touch it. The paint is perfect. Just a very small dimple in the metal. It was probably manufactured this way. No scratch or anything in the paint. If you get a black car, this is the downfall. To see it you must stand 12 ft in front of the driver side headlight and then bend to the left. I'm just a perfectionist. I'll have to get over it after Monday when I talk to the dent guy. Going to detail the car this weekend. I didn't know you can't wax or sealcoat a car until after 30 days from manufacture. I guess the VDC did me a big favor!.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 PM
BLKJCK
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well my MCS made it to my dealer this afternoon I still havnt seen it although my MA said it looks great, I asked if he could send me a quick pick(still waiting) hopefully he will. Cannot pick it up until after the 11th as I am heading out on vacation for a week but at least it is not locked up at the VDC. Congrats to all the new MINI owners I will post a pic when I finally get to pick it up. Until then

Old 08-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Not willing to let them touch it. The paint is perfect. Just a very small dimple in the metal. It was probably manufactured this way. No scratch or anything in the paint. If you get a black car, this is the downfall. To see it you must stand 12 ft in front of the driver side headlight and then bend to the left. I'm just a perfectionist. I'll have to get over it after Monday when I talk to the dent guy. Going to detail the car this weekend. I didn't know you can't wax or sealcoat a car until after 30 days from manufacture. I guess the VDC did me a big favor!.
Yup... no buffing allowed for the first week. That's what I've been told for a long time Now that might not stand the test of time with the new paints and clear coats out there now.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Just a note to all the expecting parents. When you go to the dealer to pickup your car. Be a businessman. I was so excited they could of ripped me blind. But they held to there promise of price ect. But I just wanted my car, and would of signed any paper to just get in the car and start driving. It took two days for me to even look at what I signed.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Just a note to all the expecting parents. When you go to the dealer to pickup your car. Be a businessman. I was so excited they could of ripped me blind. But they held to there promise of price ect. But I just wanted my car, and would of signed any paper to just get in the car and start driving. It took two days for me to even look at what I signed.
Great advice... look over your ride for dents, scratches, bulbs, etc... I'm sure you've all seen the dealer walk throughs on Youtube. Do the same thing.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group