1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
GreyNation
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soon2b - I hate to hear that news. Hopefully the dealer can get you fixed up. I don't think I could be quite as understanding.

jkapinos - Sorry to hear about the ding. I'm a perfectionist as well so I know what you're going through.

Mine will soon be here, but the dealer will have it for about a week when it gets in to do some extras to it. Hopefully it all comes out right.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Well I'm Good on the wax thing My car will have been out of production for a month as of 8/4 and I still have no idea when I can get it LOL!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MIDLYF
I can not take delivery until wednesday because she is getting new shoes. Here is a sneak peek at her.

Did you catch them in the act of the crime!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:26 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is it just because I own one. Or is mini selling a lot of roadsters?. I'm seeing a lot on this forum, as well as a lot at the dealer. I hope they catch on as I might what to purchase another a few years down the road. I put about 25,000 miles or more a year on a car. So they age quickly.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:29 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
she is bea-u-ti-ful !!!!!

I am not sure if I am doing this right regarding the image posting. If this doesn't work I am sorry if this is a repeat post.

Here she is my 2013 Roadster. I am having the wheels powder coated, they will not be done till weds morning. My appointment is 11am for delivery.

I went and took a peek at her and she was up on jacks all exposed.
but here she is....

Last edited by MIDLYF; 08-04-2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
sorry for the double post :(

Old 08-03-2012, 08:36 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am not sure if I am doing this right regarding the image posting. If this doesn't work I am sorry if this is a repeat post.

Here she is my 2013 Roadster. I am having the wheels powder coated so I they will not be done till weds morning. My appointment is 11am for delivery.

I went and took a peek at her and she was up on jacks all exposed.
but here she is....

What wheels did you get?. And what color?. Also is your car gray or black, hard to tell in pic, but looks gray.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jkapinos
What wheels did you get?. And what color?. Also is your car gray or black, hard to tell in pic, but looks gray.

eclipse grey , challenge spokes (PC black)

Old 08-03-2012, 08:56 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
eclipse grey , challenge spokes (PC black)
Wow, I'm not normally a grey/silver car person, but that's a great color. I hope the wheels come back soon.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:07 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by soon2b
Jeff, I am disappointed and feeling a bit heartbroken. The whole process of ordering exactly what I wanted - all the time spent in the configuration screens - deciding what I could get to fit my budget... you all know how much fun it is to call all the shots and get EXACTLY what you want. The anticipation, the tracking process, it's a LOT of fun. But the order experience is now water under my bridge. I have to suck it up and either wait for what will seem like eternity to try again for my exact car, or see what the GM can do to pull in some other car from some other dealership east of the Mississippi.

PS: My build was for a base MC hatchback with Baker Street package, an arm rest and a few cosmetic details. Auto-climate control is part of the BSE packaging and is/was missing from the finished
product. No aftermarket for that.
Yeah, I understand. I was looking for a used car before ordering a new one and had that list of must have features...auto climate was one for me too. I never found a used one with all the must have features.

Given that this is their screw-up I would propose the following to them... Ask them to give you the use of one of their used cars for the 1-2 months until your new car comes in. It should be easier to hold yourself over if you are partaking in the joy of driving a mini. It would be great if they could find your exact build somewhere else; I'm pulling for you, but I'm just not sure how likely that will really be. It's an easier argument too if you are trading a car in. At this point you are running up the miles on one of their used cars whether its your old car or one of their used minis.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
The Don Juan is back on marine traffic. Shows it will be in Halifax port today!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:13 AM
minibered2013
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tarbot
The Don Juan is back on marine traffic. Shows it will be in Halifax port today!
Yay!!! That means that Charlie could make it home early! She must have been a delight on the boat! Makes me proud!!! GreyNation and Tarbot our babes will be home shortly! Tears of joy!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:13 AM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
Not long Tarbot and you'll be motoring!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:38 AM
minineen
1st Gear
So close, yet so far...this is a picture of my custom built 2013 Roadster S sitting on the showroom floor. Why is it in the showroom and not in garage? Because, Friday afternoon, after an entire day (starting at 730 am) of doing all we needed to register the vehicle (tons of stuff when it's a new build American spec car on a US Air Base in Italy) the database that is used to final register the plate numbers went down!!

Meaning, little Ninjin is illegal until at least Monday. I am so sad! I was planning on motoring up the Dolomites this weekend...instead all I've got is a picture...

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-311516_4553390719160_1765920180_n.jpg  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 AM
soon2b
2nd Gear
ooooo minineen, that's a beauty! Here's to making the car legal for streets VERY VERY soon. Top down weather is here! Besides, you need to head out to the Italian vinyards, grab some great food, wine, and just enjoy looking at your new car!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:56 AM
strgzr3745
2nd Gear
This whole experience has been so trying for me. I just got off the phone with the dealer and was told that I might be getting my car Monday night, maybe Tuesday, since the MSO still isn't in. How long does it normally take to get the MSO? Come Monday, my car will have been sitting at the dealership for 6 days! I feel like no one has any idea what is going on through this whole process. First I'm told I'll have my car in my hands in 7-10 days, then I'm told it won't be released from the VDC for another 21 days, then the next day I'm told it's actually at the dealership. Now I'm being told that the person who does the MSOs is on vacation and other people being given their cars on the same or next day it arrives at the dealership is all a lie.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:48 PM
AmazingGrayce
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by vette69
Congrats, You should be able to open it if you have the key on you, or can hit the door unlock button.
Terrific, thanks vette69!

Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
Originally Posted by strgzr3745
This whole experience has been so trying for me. I just got off the phone with the dealer and was told that I might be getting my car Monday night, maybe Tuesday, since the MSO still isn't in. How long does it normally take to get the MSO? Come Monday, my car will have been sitting at the dealership for 6 days! I feel like no one has any idea what is going on through this whole process. First I'm told I'll have my car in my hands in 7-10 days, then I'm told it won't be released from the VDC for another 21 days, then the next day I'm told it's actually at the dealership. Now I'm being told that the person who does the MSOs is on vacation and other people being given their cars on the same or next day it arrives at the dealership is all a lie.
Sounds like your are being fed a big bowl full of crap! Mine was on the truck at 4:00 p.m. and I was driving it home by 8:30 that same day.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:45 PM
minibered2013
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AmazingGrayce
Terrific, thanks vette69!
Where are the pictures we have the same car except yours is white and mine is black; otherwise we are both MCS chilli red. Dying to see...

Old 08-04-2012, 02:54 PM
strgzr3745
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Retired Rev
Sounds like your are being fed a big bowl full of crap! Mine was on the truck at 4:00 p.m. and I was driving it home by 8:30 that same day.
Thanks Retired Rev. It's nice to have someone on my side saying this doesn't sound right to them either. I'm sick of feeling like "the one customer that nothing will please". I just want my car

Old 08-04-2012, 03:06 PM
minibered2013
2nd Gear
Thanks Retired Rev. It's nice to have someone on my side saying this doesn't sound right to them either. I'm sick of feeling like "the one customer that nothing will please". I just want my car
Find out if you can just see your car. A lot of others were able to look at their car before they were able to pick it up. That might be able to give you some clue into what is going on... If they say yes, then perhaps they are being honest. If they say no, a bigger issue may be behind it... Never hurts to ask to see... even if they just send you a picture. Good luck! Hopefully, you are almost there!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:19 PM
strgzr3745
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minibered2013
Find out if you can just see your car. A lot of others were able to look at their car before they were able to pick it up. That might be able to give you some clue into what is going on... If they say yes, then perhaps they are being honest. If they say no, a bigger issue may be behind it... Never hurts to ask to see... even if they just send you a picture. Good luck! Hopefully, you are almost there!
Minibered2013, they sent me a pic of my car last Wed. Otherwise I was thinking the same thing, that I should ask to at least see it. Right now I have no choice but to wait until Monday...fingers crossed!!!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:01 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
This forum has showed me that every dealer has their own process and procedure for releasing cars, and they all do it at their own pace. Mine arrived on a Wed, was being detailed on Thurs and could be picked up on Friday. Sounds like some were getting it the same day. My dealer tried to tell me I was getting the first 2013...lol, um not really 2 days I was ok with, 6 would make me very upset.

I can say that while I was going through all the paperwork (admittedly not paying a whole lot of attention), the finance manager said that the car was ahead of the paperwork and he was being careful to double-check info because he had to enter quite a bit by hand. It could be that your dealer isn't willing to go through that process, or maybe can't because the only person that can is on vacation.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:27 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
argh

I stalked/stopped by the dealership again to see her. This is how she currently sits but not for long... I guarantee my MA can not wait to deliver her to me. I have been waiting for them to serve me with a restraining order.
j/k

Old 08-04-2012, 07:44 PM
skylinezx
1st Gear
Now I'm being told that the person who does the MSOs is on vacation and other people being given their cars on the same or next day it arrives at the dealership is all a lie.
Strgzr, I'm now starting to see some troubling trends with your experience thus far with the dealer -- I hope that it's not going to continue for you and I certainly hope it isn't typical for them. I'm starting to get worried. I'm not getting timely responses when I try to contact my MA -- still waiting on a call back from a message two days ago. Keep us posted on how this turns out for you.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group