1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM
KeyPlayaJim
4th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
The Asian Emperor departed Santander, Spain today with my MCS on board! The ship is scheduled to arrive at NY on May 1, departing May 2. My dealership is MINI of Mount Laurel (NJ), so I wonder when I'm going to be able to take delivery -- maybe around May 8 or 9...?

Of course, I'm not the least bit excited. No, sir.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got around to calling ASK-MINI, my new Coupe is scheduled for completion on 4/30. I guess my dream of seeing it in the factory is dead. Now my concern is that it's going to arrive while I'm out of the country and sit around for at least a week or more. Who knows foul acts could befall it while it sits at the dealer....dealer logo stickers, holes drilled in the bumper for a front plate, possibly even other potential mini owners sitting in it! I won't stand for that....

Old 04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chimera
Finally got around to calling ASK-MINI, my new Coupe is scheduled for completion on 4/30. I guess my dream of seeing it in the factory is dead. Now my concern is that it's going to arrive while I'm out of the country and sit around for at least a week or more. Who knows foul acts could befall it while it sits at the dealer....dealer logo stickers, holes drilled in the bumper for a front plate, possibly even other potential mini owners sitting in it! I won't stand for that....
If you have a reputable dealer, which I assume you do, they'll keep it locked up And if you don't want holes drilled into your front bumper, I'm sure they'll stand by your wishes. Just let your desires known to them.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:08 PM
dma
1st Gear
Our MINI was scheduled to leave South Hampton today on the Fedora but my status changed to "Returned to Shipper". Nothing beyond that. Anyone else on this voyage CD316-FED?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:21 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hahahahah, my MA has a whole file of my
-no holes
-debadge the tramp stamp
reminders...

Old 04-24-2013, 01:03 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Oh look...

Old 04-24-2013, 02:08 PM
KeyPlayaJim
4th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Where is this?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:09 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
hahahahah, my MA has a whole file of my
-no holes
-debadge the tramp stamp
reminders...
What do you have on order?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:41 PM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dma
Our MINI was scheduled to leave South Hampton today on the Fedora but my status changed to "Returned to Shipper". Nothing beyond that. Anyone else on this voyage CD316-FED?
Funny, I've been watching vehicle movements through the WW site to see if there's a chance mine might make the Asian King on Sunday, and I saw a bunch of cars that were booked on the Fedora have their status change from "Received at port" to "Returned to shipper".

From what I understand, this means either the ship was full or the car didn't actually make it to the shipping yard in time for the sailing. Either way, it'll be on a different voyage.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:43 PM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by KeyPlayaJim
Where is this?
Panama Canal webcam! Important for those waiting for west coast delivery.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Originally Posted by KeyPlayaJim
Where is this?
That's the Gatun Locks, the eastern side of the Panama Canal
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/ca...html?cam=Gatun

That said, I thoroughly confused myself. The Torino is supposed to pass through there today (though it's a 50 mile journey between locks so it's today and tomorrow) Gatun locks on the east side, and then out the Minaflores locks on the west side and into the Pacific. In the webcam footage, the ship above looked to be the Torino, based on markings, but I realized later that a) more than one ship fromt he same fleet might be painted red, and even though I only thought one was passing through based on their posted schedule, who knows, right? and b) I watched it DESCEND in the lock. Then leave port. Therefore, as the locks are creating the elevation transition from sea level UP to the Gatun Lake elevation it had to be leaving to the East into the Atlantic.

At least I think so. It's kind of confusing. They don't say which direction the camera faces, but the lock steps are descending in the webcam view which would suggest aiming east...

Old 04-24-2013, 02:46 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
What do you have on order?
2013 R60 S AB/W
The family keeps growing...

The R55 S was sold three weeks ago, so I'm in withdrawals.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 PM
TraceH
2nd Gear
So, I notice people have said they have notes on file with their MA not to do certain things, such as a front license plate holder. Does someone have a complete list of things I should request of my MA?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TraceH
So, I notice people have said they have notes on file with their MA not to do certain things, such as a front license plate holder. Does someone have a complete list of things I should request of my MA?
This will vary from person to person. I told my MA not to detail my MINI, I'm getting that done elsewhere by a pro. I have had the tint done and will have the clear bra applied before I pick up the car. Right now I'm waiting to get the striping done the way I want it. Another thing I'm getting done is getting molding done on the edge of the doors, no nicks that way! I know I"m being picky as hell, but I want the car done right.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
The waiting begins... again. My Mom ordered her 2013 Chili Red Cooper S Coupé on April 20th. As of today status changed from "On Order" to "Scheduled for Production". She can't wait! (and neither can I)

Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 PM
alan.dg
2nd Gear
I caught the MINI bug in 2006, joined NAM that December, ordered my Cooper today, and am now making my first post. That's an average of 0.00043 posts per day, but by that statistic alone, you would have no sense of the hours upon hours I've spend configuring, re-configuring, obsessing, and reading all of your stories here. I'm glad to finally be a part of it.

Looking forward to tracking progress alongside the rest of you, hopefully not spending an inordinate amount of time doing so! (Though it's likely to happen.)

Alan

Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by alan.dg
I caught the MINI bug in 2006, joined NAM that December, ordered my Cooper today, and am now making my first post. That's an average of 0.00043 posts per day, but by that statistic alone, you would have no sense of the hours upon hours I've spend configuring, re-configuring, obsessing, and reading all of your stories here. I'm glad to finally be a part of it.

Looking forward to tracking progress alongside the rest of you, hopefully not spending an inordinate amount of time doing so! (Though it's likely to happen.)

Alan
Wow! Another procrastinator coming out of the tall grass! Welcome! Post a picture and description of your MINI. Kind of the initiation around here. We want to see!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
[QUOTE. I have had the tint done and will have the clear bra applied before I pick up the car. Right now I'm waiting to get the striping done the way I want it. Another thing I'm getting done is getting molding done on the edge of the doors, no nicks that way! I know I"m being picky as hell, but I want the car done right.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting invisashield done next week at my local dealer. He's very good. But, I'm only having the JCW front, headlights, fog lights and mirrors done. And, yes the doors done as well. I had that done on my previous Mini, and doing the doors really saved me with that car. I just hate door chips.

Last edited by hemisedan; 04-25-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 AM
TraceH
2nd Gear
ASK-MINI Says mine is in production, estimated completion of May 3!!!
Hopefully I make the Kline's Michigan highway on may 5 or WW's Tualne on May 8.
Any predictions??

Last edited by TraceH; 04-25-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 AM
dma
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kavatski
Funny, I've been watching vehicle movements through the WW site to see if there's a chance mine might make the Asian King on Sunday, and I saw a bunch of cars that were booked on the Fedora have their status change from "Received at port" to "Returned to shipper".

From what I understand, this means either the ship was full or the car didn't actually make it to the shipping yard in time for the sailing. Either way, it'll be on a different voyage.
Thanks for the insight. I will have to keep an eye on it. So far it says all the same info. My MA hasn't been able to provide anything other than the car was completed on the 19th and is awaiting shipment. He didn't know what the "Returned to Shipper" meant.

Looks like I will just need to keep an eye on it myself. Hopefully we'll see a change on W&W's site soon.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 PM
alan.dg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tex6 Hawkeye
Wow! Another procrastinator coming out of the tall grass! :grin: Welcome! Post a picture and description of your MINI. Kind of the initiation around here. We want to see!
Thanks! Here it is. Sport package, heated cloth seats, full bank of toggles. I just have to learn how to drive stick before it arrives ...

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-adg-cooper-front.jpg

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-adg-cooper-interior.jpg

Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TraceH
ASK-MINI Says mine is in production, estimated completion of May 3!!!
Hopefully I make the Kline's Michigan highway on may 5 or WW's Tualne on May 8.
Any predictions??
More like May 13 or so. Transport to the port 2-3 days, parts added at the port and waiting for a ship.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by alan.dg
Thanks! Here it is. Sport package, heated cloth seats, full bank of toggles. I just have to learn how to drive stick before it arrives ...

Attachment 74293

Attachment 74294
Nice looking MINI. Find a friend to show you how to drive a stick and get some practice before hand.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM
chrisorbit
1st Gear
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Zeek
2nd Gear
Looks like Chesapeake Hwy is about to dock in Brunswick, GA.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group