1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 AM
TraceH
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car still hasn't shown up in WW's tracking :( anyone know how often/when WW updates?

Also, is WW the only shipping line to take cars to Port Hueneme?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
chrisorbit
1st Gear
WW is the only one that delivers to Hueneme. Mine showed up in the WW system a day or so after it was built, but mine shipped really quick. I haven't kept track of my dates though. Kinda wish I did.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 AM
TraceH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chrisorbit
WW is the only one that delivers to Hueneme. Mine showed up in the WW system a day or so after it was built, but mine shipped really quick. I haven't kept track of my dates though. Kinda wish I did.
I was hoping it would have shown up by now. It was built Friday, so I figured it'd be to the port by Sunday. A WW ship to Port Hueneme leaves on Wednesday and I would love to catch that boat.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Loryanimation
1st Gear
Originally Posted by babigirl921
My car did not make Michigan Hwy. I guess it should be on WW Tamesis leaving port on Friday.
Big sigh...that means mine has probably missed Michigan Highway too. But it's alright coz in 4 days time we should be able to make it. Don't panic

Last edited by Loryanimation; 05-06-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: edited number of day
Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 AM
speck47
1st Gear
That stinks. I wonder if there is a back up. Anyone else make the earliest ship they were hoping for?

Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 AM
kingfishcoons
1st Gear
It could very well be a different story in Southampton, but my CM has been sitting at the port in Bremerhaven for close to two weeks now.

I fell into the trap of thinking it would get on the next available boat after it was finished and I've since seen 5 leave the port without her. Don't stress if it doesn't show up on the WW site right away!

Old 05-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Vassago68
2nd Gear
Picked up Tigger today. Took him for a nice ride through the German countryside, then up to the nurburgring before driving two hours home. Can't wait to take all this chrome off and black it out.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-2749380790.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-1704547918.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-939412195.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-2825747152.jpg  
Old 05-06-2013, 12:49 PM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by speck47
That stinks. I wonder if there is a back up. Anyone else make the earliest ship they were hoping for?
I'm surprised it's taking so long for some. Mine was on the WW site the day after it rolled off the line, and on the ship two days after that. Eleven days total from the factory to rolling off the ship on this end.

Must have something to do with where the car is going and how much of a backlog there is to that destination. Could be they don't bother booking them on the next ship if they already know it's not going to fit. Before shipping, I used the wild card search on the WW site to see how close they were getting in terms of VINs similar to mine.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:52 PM
TraceH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kavatski
I'm surprised it's taking so long for some. Mine was on the WW site the day after it rolled off the line, and on the ship two days after that. Eleven days total from the factory to rolling off the ship on this end.

Must have something to do with where the car is going and how much of a backlog there is to that destination. Could be they don't bother booking them on the next ship if they already know it's not going to fit. Before shipping, I used the wild card search on the WW site to see how close they were getting in terms of VINs similar to mine.
That's what I did. They are 17 off of mine. The last one booked was received at terminal May 2 and bound for Mignon. I'm still not showing up

Old 05-06-2013, 12:59 PM
babigirl921
1st Gear
It's hard to get a true sense of how long it should take to board once your car arrives to port and there is a ship there. Some folks have been lucky and snagged a spot after a day or so and others have waited more than 2 weeks. I will be put at ease once I know my car has made it on a ship to Baltimore.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:02 PM
babigirl921
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Vassago68
Picked up Tigger today. Took him for a nice ride through the German countryside, then up to the nurburgring before driving two hours home. Can't wait to take all this chrome off and black it out.
Very nice car! At least we can live vicariously through you and others who will soon receive their cars!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
babigirl921
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Loryanimation

Big sigh...that means mine has probably missed Michigan Highway too. But it's alright coz in 4 days time we should be able to make it. Don't panic
I wonder when shipping info gets loaded in WW? Tamesis arrives in Southampton on 5/10 at 7 am and departs the same day at 8 pm. I tried a VIN search and there are no results so far.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Vassago68
Tigger is really looking nice. After the nice ride, now give him a nice wash job.

Bill

Old 05-06-2013, 01:18 PM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TraceH
That's what I did. They are 17 off of mine. The last one booked was received at terminal May 2 and bound for Mignon. I'm still not showing up
As far as I can tell from the site, as of right now there aren't any bookings on the Tulane yet at all and all the cars showing "Received at port" are going on the Mignon. Those Tulane cars have to start showing up soon and I hope you'll see some progress then!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM
TraceH
2nd Gear
As far as I can tell from the site, as of right now there aren't any bookings on the Tulane yet at all and all the cars showing "Received at port" are going on the Mignon. Those Tulane cars have to start showing up soon and I hope you'll see some progress then!
Out of curiosity, how can you tell that the Tulane doesn't have any bookings?

Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM
kingfishcoons
1st Gear
Before shipping, I used the wild card search on the WW site to see how close they were getting in terms of VINs similar to mine.
Excellent idea. Where did you insert the wild card? I removed the last 6 digits and placed it right after the plant ID. With that setup I noticed the ports in South Carolina and Georgia aren't included.

Can we infer anything from that? Perhaps only K-Line handles cars going to those ports?

Last edited by kingfishcoons; 05-06-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:35 PM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TraceH
Out of curiosity, how can you tell that the Tulane doesn't have any bookings?
I did a wild card search that resulted in a lot of VIN results. Looking at the cars with status "Received at terminal" shows that all of those are booked on the Mignon. Each destination port gets its own booking number, so once you've got those figured out you don't need to look at each individual car to know where it's going.

Currently I see cars at the terminal under bookings GBSOU1109154 and GBSOU1109159 for Halifax and New York, respectively, but nothing for the Tulane... yet!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:39 PM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kingfishcoons
Excellent idea. Where did you insert the wild card? I removed the last 6 digits and placed it right after the plant ID. With that setup I noticed the ports in South Carolina and Georgia aren't included.

Can we infer anything from that? Perhaps only K-Line handles cars going to those ports?
I also had to wild card the check digit in the VIN, otherwise I'd only see results with the same check digit as mine. For a 2013 MCS, for example, you'd use WMWSV3C5%DT% to wild card the last six digits, or, better yet, get a smaller list by only wild carding the last two or three based on your car's VIN.

I noticed the same for the ship mine was on. After Halifax it goes to New York, then it's scheduled for Brunswick, Ga. and Charleston, S.C., but no cars with those destinations ever showed up on the site. Not sure why that is.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:59 PM
kingfishcoons
1st Gear
I noticed the same for the ship mine was on. After Halifax it goes to New York, then it's scheduled for Brunswick, Ga. and Charleston, S.C., but no cars with those destinations ever showed up on the site. Not sure why that is.
Based on a small sample size of other users around this area, it looks like cars going to Charleston or Brunswick are booked on K-Line exclusively.

Last edited by kingfishcoons; 05-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:30 PM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Just for fun and to kill time while I wait for my car, I took the VIN of every Mini that was on the same voyage as mine and sorted them to see how many of each version came across.

There were 145 Minis on the ship in total that were destined for Halifax (the only Canadian port of entry, so these will end up going across the country). Of those, there were:

82 hardtops (60 Cooper, 19 Cooper S, 3 JCW)
42 convertibles (29 Cooper, 13 Cooper S, 0 JCW)
11 roadsters (3 Cooper, 8 Cooper S, 0 JCW)
8 Clubmans (3 Cooper, 4 Cooper S, 1 JCW)
2 coupes (1 Cooper, 1 Cooper S, 0 JCW)

Obviously, the makeup of one shipment doesn't mean that's how they're selling, but still, only two coupes? Wow.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 PM
speck47
1st Gear
And these are all going on the mignon? I was hoping to get on that ship, I guess this makes it a long shot. Ask mini still says waiting to be released to carrier. They must schedule them before the ship gets into port.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:06 AM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Those were the ones that came to Halifax on my ship, the Asian King. I drove past the port yesterday and saw the freshly unloaded cars sitting on the pier and wondered what the mix was.

On the Asian King there were 372 Minis booked in total, and as of this morning there are 396 booked on the Mignon. If they don't squeeze yours on, at least it's not a long wait until the next NY-bound ship.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:11 AM
coasterguytx
1st Gear
I feel your pain, all of you.
Even though this is MINI #6 for me (and the second one I've ordered, rather than purchased off the lot), the wait was almost unbearable.
I even set my alarm one morning to wake up early and watch the ship's tracking icon dock in Baltimore... even though Louie was going to be unloaded in Georgia!
It will all pay off in spades, though. I pick up Louie tonight, assuming I can get off work early enough.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:32 AM
speck47
1st Gear
Those were the ones that came to Halifax on my ship, the Asian King. I drove past the port yesterday and saw the freshly unloaded cars sitting on the pier and wondered what the mix was.

On the Asian King there were 372 Minis booked in total, and as of this morning there are 396 booked on the Mignon. If they don't squeeze yours on, at least it's not a long wait until the next NY-bound ship.
Did they drive the cars off? Was that the only cargo unloaded? That's pretty cool to watch

Old 05-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
Mine is on the Mignon officially! Can't wait...

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group