1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:34 AM
michaelmw
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received GREAT news! My Countryman made it on Tamesis!! My MA sent me a screenshot of the vehicle status screen. I just think it's odd it's still not showing up on the WW website. I tried searching with my VIN, the last 7 of my VIN, the bill of landing number, and the reference number and No Results. Oh well, at least I know it's on its way!!

Ordered 4/13
Scheduled for Production 4/16
Estimated Completion 4/23
Released from the production facility 4/24
Arrived at the port in Bremerhaven 4/26
Departed on WWL's Tamesis 5/9
Estimated arrival in Baltimore [WWL says 5/19, MA says 5/17]

Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 AM
speck47
1st Gear
I'm booked to - on the Tommbara which leaves on Sunday to arrive in NYC on the 22nd. I figure one week to pick-up from there so with luck I'm driving it off the lot on the 29th! I'm looking forward to getting back to motoring.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:16 AM
kavatski
3rd Gear
My dealer called a little while ago, I missed the call, and whoever it was didn't leave a message and hasn't followed up by email. This is about the level of effort my MA was willing to put into communicating with me since I handed over the deposit, and I haven't heard from him since he stopped answering my emails at the beginning of April.

My car was released to Customs on Wednesday so I'm assuming they've got it now and want to know when I want to take delivery. I'm actually flying out tomorrow for eleven days and can't pick up the car until at least the 22nd. Since the MA has been so bad at communicating with me, I think I'm going to return the favour and be unreachable for a few days. Good thing I'm leaving town or my resolve might crack.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 AM
shellyMCS
Neutral
Originally Posted by Chimera
Welcome! Production is usually 2-3 weeks from order date depending on whether your dealer has a slot open. What was your order date? If you have a production number or VIN you can see the status in the MINI owners lounge or by calling 1-866-ASK-MINI (don't call 1-800, that's something completely different as I found out recently). Let's see the rest of your specs...if you have Recaro's we know it's a JCW but what else?
Sadly it's not a JCW, budget didn't allow but I changed out the stock seats to the Recaros, pepper white body, black roof, black bonnet stripes, roof spoiler, the short antenna, alarm system, manual transmission, and everything else is stock. I'm going through a car broker that one of my relatives suggested and he told me that it's hard to find MCS that I specifically asked for. So I don't have a production number or VIN that I know of

Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 AM
babigirl921
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kavatski
My dealer called a little while ago, I missed the call, and whoever it was didn't leave a message and hasn't followed up by email. This is about the level of effort my MA was willing to put into communicating with me since I handed over the deposit, and I haven't heard from him since he stopped answering my emails at the beginning of April.

My car was released to Customs on Wednesday so I'm assuming they've got it now and want to know when I want to take delivery. I'm actually flying out tomorrow for eleven days and can't pick up the car until at least the 22nd. Since the MA has been so bad at communicating with me, I think I'm going to return the favour and be unreachable for a few days. Good thing I'm leaving town or my resolve might crack.
Kavatski, I will likely be in the same boat as you. By the time my car arrives to Baltimore on the 19th it will take a few days before it arrives to the dealer and by then I will be in Florida until the 28th. I know custom cars take at least 6-8 weeks to deliver to the dealer, but MINI USA should enforce a policy that all their MAs provide weekly to bi-weekly updates to their customers. I have a great MA and customer service makes loyal customers. Depending on when my car will be ready for pick-up, I'm tempted to delay my trip for a day or so just so my car will not sit at the dealership over Memorial Day weekend!

Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 AM
KeyPlayaJim
4th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
My MA hasn't stopped answering my emails -- I've kept it to just 3 or 4 since March 29th -- but I have to contact her; she doesn't contact me. When I do call or email, I feel that I'm just getting the minimum information required to respond. Just by checking the OL and tracking the ship on WW's site, it seemed that I knew more about what was going on with the car than she did. Now that it's in the U.S., all I've gotten from her is, "I'll call you when it's here."

Old 05-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
It's nice to be frustrated with a bunch of other good people!

This is my first post here, and I'm for sure suffering from "Hurry Up and Wait" Syndrome. My JCW Hardtop hit QA just 10 days after the order was submitted, which really surprised me, but there's been no news since.

Today, the MA told me that BMW, MINI and Mercedes have started using a new shipper, and that has caused some delays getting cars out of the UK. I did a search here and couldn't find anything about a new shipper - so is this MA BS or for real?

Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 PM
mdri98
2nd Gear
I might have been a negative Nelly with my last post but..........

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

My MA just sent me an email saying mine FINALLY made it on

TAMESIS!!!!!!! (there were some shipmates here, I think?)

Although the WW's site doesn't have that info...I should trust

what MA tells me, right? Right??

Now I can track the ship...(give MA some break...)

Old 05-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by babigirl921
I'm on Tamesis as well! It shows my car was booked and received at the terminal on the 3rd but it did not show up in WW's Track and Trace until today.
Same here. I was awaiting transport as of 5/3/13 and showed up on the WW's track and trace today. Maybe our MINIs are right next to each other.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
I would do the exact same thing, kavatski. It doesn't sound like your MA eared his commission.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:37 PM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Thanks for the support, everyone. It seems to me that with a Mini being the kind of purchase it is, and given the way they encourage you to order one just the way you like, that a relatively easy way to improve the customer experience is to keep in touch about it once the customer has plunked down the deposit. Like KeyPlayaJim said, though, once I got them to finally cough up a production number I was able to find out what was going on with it on my own. Thank goodness!

Also, congrats to all who have been waiting to ship out and finally got the good word.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM
michaelmw
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mdri98
I might have been a negative Nelly with my last post but..........

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

My MA just sent me an email saying mine FINALLY made it on

TAMESIS!!!!!!! (there were some shipmates here, I think?)

Although the WW's site doesn't have that info...I should trust

what MA tells me, right? Right??

Now I can track the ship...(give MA some break...)
Same here-- I heard from my MA today that my Countryman made it on Tamesis!! I got a screenshot of the vehicle status screen. I just think it's odd it's still not showing up on the WW website. I tried searching with my VIN, the last 7 of my VIN, the bill of landing number, and the reference number and No Results. Oh well, at least I know it's on its way!!

Ordered 4/13
Scheduled for Production 4/16
Estimated Completion 4/23
Released from the production facility 4/24
Arrived at the port in Bremerhaven 4/26
Departed on WWL's Tamesis 5/9
Estimated arrival in Baltimore [WWL says 5/19, MA says 5/17]

Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Thx1158
1st Gear
Stopped by the dealer tonight and found this! Our mini has arrived!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:22 PM
KeyPlayaJim
4th Gear
Congratulations! Now you just have to roll it back over onto its wheels...

Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 PM
dafactor1
Neutral
Make it six (I think) for TAMESIS! Hope to pick up my Coupé S in Annapolis by the end of the month!

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 05-11-2013, 05:07 AM
mdri98
2nd Gear
For those whose babies are on Tamesis...
I am not sure if this means anything...since this clearly
says 'estimated arrival' but...
The screen shot of vehicle inquiry I received yesterday
actually says 'est. arrival 16 May'!!! (Baltimore)
So I am crossing my fingers it will get there that day...
instead of the 19th...

Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Loryanimation
1st Gear
instead of the 19th...
That would absolutely make it faster 5 days in the ocean...even though it scares me a little

Old 05-11-2013, 06:42 AM
babigirl921
1st Gear
instead of the 19th...
I just checked the WW's site and my car has been loaded on the ship! The ETA still says the 19th on my tracking though. Initially, the Tamesis was supposed to leave Southampton on the 9th so the info you have of the vehicle inquiry may not have been updated to reflect the new departure date. But I would love for our cars to come in earlier. Congrats Thx1158 on your new arrival!

Old 05-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Loryanimation
1st Gear
Originally Posted by babigirl921
I just checked the WW's site and my car has been loaded on the ship! The ETA still says the 19th on my tracking though. Initially, the Tamesis was supposed to leave Southampton on the 9th so the info you have of the vehicle inquiry may not have been updated to reflect the new departure date. But I would love for our cars to come in earlier. Congrats Thx1158 on your new arrival!
Hopefully mine is next to yours and Mr.T's too I am watching the AIS live map to make sure that TAMESIS really leaves the port with our babies in there (not return to shipper) and I just noticed that you live in MD..how cool! have you thought about going to the port and watch them unload mini's on 19th? just ask coz I heard some people who live close to the port do it sometimes

Old 05-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Mr. T
6th Gear
I just checked the WW status and I am "Loaded," Now, let's get this thing out of the port and on to Baltimore. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until my MINI makes its was from Baltimore to Chicago. That might be about May 28th.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:37 AM
babigirl921
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Loryanimation
Hopefully mine is next to yours and Mr.T's too I am watching the AIS live map to make sure that TAMESIS really leaves the port with our babies in there (not return to shipper) and I just noticed that you live in MD..how cool! have you thought about going to the port and watch them unload mini's on 19th? just ask coz I heard some people who live close to the port do it sometimes
I have not really thought about going to the port. I guess it will depend on what time the ship arrives to port. I guess we have a little more than 6 hours before Tamesis leaves Southampton.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 AM
KeyPlayaJim
4th Gear
Light at the end of the tunnel!

From my MA this afternoon:
Your car just arrived!!! What day and time would you like to take delivery?
If only it had arrived yesterday, I would have been able to get it today. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be next Friday now, due to my work schedule. Nevertheless, it's good to know that it finally made it to the dealership!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Originally Posted by KeyPlayaJim
Light at the end of the tunnel!

Your car just arrived!!! What day and time would you like to take delivery?
Great news! Too bad a few more days of waiting but at least you know it's there and ready for you.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
The TAMESIS has officially departed Southampton!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:40 PM
dafactor1
Neutral
Underway!

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-4165739803.jpg

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group