1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 07:03 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
I have sleepless night
Headed to dealer tomm to pick-up.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
I have sleepless night Headed to dealer tomm to pick-up.
Congrats! The wait is finally over for you. Can't wait for those pics.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:41 AM
alan.dg
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG!!! omgomgomgomgomg I'm on the Faust, which means my MINI will be here 1 month earlier than I thought. It's 3:30am and there's no chance of me getting back to sleep now.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:33 AM
jhortin
1st Gear
Is there anyway to make one's priority number higher? I noticed on my build sheet that it's "3 - priority stock" Is this a high, low or normal number? I believe I saw somewhere on these forums that if you sign all the 'money' papers (ie buy/lease/owner's choice) it can speed up the process...

I'm sort of upset about the whole process so far. My order went in on May 6th. I emailed my MA (I'm out of town on business) on the 21st to see if I could add the JCW design package - which he was able to do. Yay! But what he didn't tell me is that by doing so it could push the 6-8 est delivery starting from the 6th to the 21st!!! (Not very 'advising' for being a 'motoring advisor')

I'm planning on road tripping out to Idaho for some friends' wedding on July 13th & was planning on using the new Countryman. What's the best/most useful thing I can do/call?

Thanks!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:13 AM
alan.dg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jhortin
I emailed my MA (I'm out of town on business) on the 21st to see if I could add the JCW design package - which he was able to do. Yay! But what he didn't tell me is that by doing so it could push the 6-8 est delivery starting from the 6th to the 21st!!!
Are you absolutely sure that your request caused the delay? My understanding was that you could make changes to your order without consequence, as long as it's before you enter the production line. Then the order is locked in. Then again, if you got bumped out of that slot and moved further back, I guess that makes sense, but definitely should have been explained to you.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Spa2k
4th Gear
What's the best/most useful thing I can do/call?
There's nothing you can do but wait. The original order for your car probably replaced one the dealer had in the order queue, so you already had moved up as high in the order scheduling as you can go. However, changing the order (causing Mini to alter its production schedule for all the cars it has in the system) pushed you back in the line to new order status. That's only fair to all the customers who have cars on order, but it sucks that your MA didn't tell you it would delay your order.

In addition, there are lots of variables you can't control. For example, my car was produced just 10 days after the order was submitted (so naturally I thought I'd have it in less than the quoted 6-8 weeks), but then it sat at the plant awaiting transport to the port for more than three weeks.

The best things you can do are call 1-866-ASK-MINI every couple of days and convince your MA to stay on top of your order status, but there's absolutely nothing you can do to speed up the process. Good luck!

Old 05-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Roxspin72
4th Gear
My MINI arrival date;

Just tracked my MINI to be arriving tomorrow 26MAY at Baltimore port,

Hopefully should be picking this bad boy up from NC Dealership first week of June...

Old 05-25-2013, 04:26 PM
michaelmw
1st Gear
My MA emailed me a couple pics of my new Countryman this morning; it has arrived at the dealership!! I just have to wait for the windows to be tinted before I take delivery next week! Eek!

Old 05-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Loryanimation
1st Gear
Originally Posted by michaelmw
My MA emailed me a couple pics of my new Countryman this morning; it has arrived at the dealership!! I just have to wait for the windows to be tinted before I take delivery next week! Eek!

Very beautiful, love the color and sexy boot
What a great MA, my mini was on Tamesis and has estimate delivery on 05/25 as well but I haven't heard from my MA. Mine need couple details including tinting too.

Enjoy your upcoming fun drive

Old 05-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Originally Posted by michaelmw

It looks fantastic. I'm sure you can't wait to get behind the wheel. Congrats.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:32 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there anyway to make one's priority number higher? I noticed on my build sheet that it's "3 - priority stock" Is this a high, low or normal number? I believe I saw somewhere on these forums that if you sign all the 'money' papers (ie buy/lease/owner's choice) it can speed up the process...

I'm sort of upset about the whole process so far. My order went in on May 6th. I emailed my MA (I'm out of town on business) on the 21st to see if I could add the JCW design package - which he was able to do. Yay! But what he didn't tell me is that by doing so it could push the 6-8 est delivery starting from the 6th to the 21st!!! (Not very 'advising' for being a 'motoring advisor')

I'm planning on road tripping out to Idaho for some friends' wedding on July 13th & was planning on using the new Countryman. What's the best/most useful thing I can do/call?

Thanks!
Im not sure by changing anything before production matters.. Ive changed a few things already myself and mine is still on time to go into production next week.. If there is anything going to delay your car it will most likely be in transport or travel time..lol

Old 05-25-2013, 06:51 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Picked mine up today.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
Picked mine up today.

Lucy looks great and so much better in person, I'm sure. Congrats and happy motoring.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:04 PM
EHans
5th Gear
I just ordered mine last week. A white countryman with a black top. I was going to get the Mini bonnet stripes and the side and rear as well, all in black, but after talking to the salesman, I left all of them off the final order and will have them do something custom. They have a graphics person in house.

I still want black, and prefer flat, but I've seen some horrible looking flat black stripes on minis and other cars. Looks like someone tried to wax them or something. Anyone have experience with flat black stripes?

Old 05-25-2013, 09:39 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
I just ordered mine last week. A white countryman with a black top. I was going to get the Mini bonnet stripes and the side and rear as well, all in black, but after talking to the salesman, I left all of them off the final order and will have them do something custom. They have a graphics person in house.

I still want black, and prefer flat, but I've seen some horrible looking flat black stripes on minis and other cars. Looks like someone tried to wax them or something. Anyone have experience with flat black stripes?
Ive never had any luck with flat black stripes..Or any flat type color... I just use glossy type now.. For some reason the flat type get blotchy on me.. Now Im not saying that would happen to you..but good luck and let us know how they turn out!! Maybe you will have better luck!!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:55 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
Ive never had any luck with flat black stripes..Or any flat type color... I just use glossy type now.. For some reason the flat type get blotchy on me.. Now Im not saying that would happen to you..but good luck and let us know how they turn out!! Maybe you will have better luck!!
Thanks. Kind of what I am thinking. After looking around these forums though, I've seen a few with a "carbon fiber" look for the stripe. I Amy go that route. If not, likely gloss. The flat just doesn't seem as durable.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 AM
alan.dg
2nd Gear
Ok, so this is nerdy in the extreme (whiter than sour cream), but I used Keyboard Maestro and Hazel to capture the Panama Canal webcam, then put it together in Final Cut Pro. One second = four minutes. The choppy bits are due to not always getting a fresh image from the webcam every 10 seconds. I just left in the duplicate frames for temporal fidelity, and because I didn't want to pick them out by hand. Temporal fidelity.

It's fun to see the tugboats playing bumper cars with those cargo ships, nudging them into position. I might do this when my ship comes through, depending on timing.

Download: http://cl.ly/1w360R2z250T

Old 05-26-2013, 07:22 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by alan.dg
Ok, so this is nerdy in the extreme (whiter than sour cream), but I used Keyboard Maestro and Hazel to capture the Panama Canal webcam, then put it together in Final Cut Pro. One second = four minutes. The choppy bits are due to not always getting a fresh image from the webcam every 10 seconds. I just left in the duplicate frames for temporal fidelity, and because I didn't want to pick them out by hand. Temporal fidelity.

It's fun to see the tugboats playing bumper cars with those cargo ships, nudging them into position. I might do this when my ship comes through, depending on timing.

Way cool!

Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 AM
danjreed
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by alan.dg

Thank you for totally entertaining my 5 year old.. (And my inner 5 year old!)

Old 05-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Roxspin72
4th Gear
Incoming MINI

Anybody else expecting a shipment on the Cargo ship California Highway. If so, it just docked at Baltimore. Cant wait to pick up my MINI, should reach NC within the week

Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 AM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Roxspin72
Anybody else expecting a shipment on the Cargo ship California Highway. If so, it just docked at Baltimore. Cant wait to pick up my MINI, should reach NC within the week
Awesome My JCW is still waiting for production...which should be next week sometime!!

Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 AM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
Thanks. Kind of what I am thinking. After looking around these forums though, I've seen a few with a "carbon fiber" look for the stripe. I Amy go that route. If not, likely gloss. The flat just doesn't seem as durable.
I agree with you...the flat don't seem as durable..That was my exp. with them anyway... But good idea on doing custom stripes.. That's what I do as well..lol

Old 05-27-2013, 12:21 PM
zigziggityzoo
2nd Gear
Got my VIN today....

Old 05-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo
Got my VIN today....
Congrats - That means you're for real!

Old 05-27-2013, 12:44 PM
coastal-motoring
1st Gear
My car has been released from the Distribution Center, which is less then an hour away from my dealer. Fingers crossed, I will get the call tomorrow!!!!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group