1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012 | 06:20 PM
strgzr3745
2nd Gear
Third interesting thing of the night...
I found the tag from off of the windshield in the bag of misc things in my trunk and it's #0286. The picture I was sent from the dealer when Monty hit the lot has #0283 on it. So it wasn't my car in the dealer pic after all now I guess. So odd.

Old 08-06-2012 | 06:51 PM
skylinezx
1st Gear
Originally Posted by strgzr3745
2 major surprises at the dealership tonight...
Strgzr, the car looks GREAT! I still would really like to see that color in person, maybe you'll be getting your stripes when I pick up my coupe ;-)

Did you ever get a paper called a 'Vehicle Inquiry' when you placed your order? With so many of these mix-ups on cars happening I'm beginning to wonder if the factory is building them wrong or if something never got onto your 'official' order form. I'm wondering about the missing black roof and stripes.

Old 08-06-2012 | 06:54 PM
riverac87
1st Gear
Man this is week # 9 for me and still waiting

Old 08-06-2012 | 07:04 PM
strgzr3745
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by skylinezx
Did you ever get a paper called a 'Vehicle Inquiry' when you placed your order?
Skylinezx, when I ordered mine I asked for the Kite Blue roof and was told that it wasn't an available configuration. The online builder also didn't allow for it unless you added and removed the Bayswater package a bunch of times to "confuse" it. The builder still doesn't allow for you to choose the Kite Blue roof. I just checked tonight again. The Vehicle Inquiry Report didn't list the roof color on it.

I had also asked repeatedly during ordering if it would include the stripes since the online builder had the option to include or not include the stripes, and the Vehicle Inquiry Report didn't show them as either an included or declined option on the package. They told me that there wasn't a selection for them to pick to include or decline the stripes when ordering through their dealer site so it meant they were included by default...which it turns out for the 2013s is not the case.

The 2012 Bayswater that arrived in right before mine had the black roof and stripes ordered by default, and did come in with both.

Old 08-06-2012 | 07:11 PM
soon2b
2nd Gear
LOVE the kite blue!!! That blue roof might just be a happy accident.

Roof color and stripes are a super easy fix, if they aren't there or what you ordered.

Old 08-06-2012 | 07:31 PM
vette69
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Retired Rev
I'm really looking forward to pics of your "Baby" -- you've gone for the classic British sports car look.
Thanks Retired Rev. I hope looks as good as she looks at build your own mini.

Old 08-07-2012 | 05:22 AM
Andrew_C
2nd Gear
Now the radio silence begins it seems. Edgar was unloaded from Integrity yesterday and as expected the OL still says he's en route. Hopefully he moves swiftly through the VDC and makes it on time or early from my MA's estimates!

Old 08-07-2012 | 05:35 AM
vette69
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Andrew_C
Now the radio silence begins it seems. Edgar was unloaded from Integrity yesterday and as expected the OL still says he's en route. Hopefully he moves swiftly through the VDC and makes it on time or early from my MA's estimates!
My OL still says Baby is en route also. I went by Mini and talked to a MA and mentioned my car was at the dock. My MA emailed to let me know it was there. I am not sure if she knows any more than me or if it was the info I gave them.

Old 08-07-2012 | 06:49 AM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by vette69
My OL still says Baby is en route also. I went by Mini and talked to a MA and mentioned my car was at the dock. My MA emailed to let me know it was there. I am not sure if she knows any more than me or if it was the info I gave them.
In my observations of making a few changes to an existing order, the Owner's Lounge is 2 days behind the changes made by the dealer. Also the ASK-MINI automated system was able to tell me that my car was in production 1 day ahead of when OL realized it. I think it's pretty much the norm to expect OL to be a little behind reality.

Old 08-07-2012 | 07:07 AM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Just got my production number, let the stalking begin!

Old 08-07-2012 | 02:21 PM
skylinezx
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Andrew_C
Edgar was unloaded from Integrity yesterday and as expected the OL still says he's en route. Hopefully he moves swiftly through the VDC and makes it on time or early from my MA's estimates!
Yay Andrew!! I was still hoping that my coupe was on that boat with you, but it had to wait two extra days to leave. The Tiger is scheduled to dock in Baltimore on Thursday. Hopefully the rest of the journey goes smoothly for Edgar :-)

Old 08-07-2012 | 02:30 PM
Andrew_C
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by skylinezx
Yay Andrew!! I was still hoping that my coupe was on that boat with you, but it had to wait two extra days to leave. The Tiger is scheduled to dock in Baltimore on Thursday. Hopefully the rest of the journey goes smoothly for Edgar :-)
Here's hoping the Tiger doesn't take a sightseeing tour when it gets close to the US. Integrity was 3 days late for some reason; one of the days it spent going under 5 knots by NYC. -_-

Old 08-07-2012 | 02:57 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
11am CST

Tomorrow 11am CST I have the appointment to finally take delivery! I can barely work and have done nothing more than read this forum most of the day. I tried to take tomorrow off but was unsuccessful

I posted a couple pictures without her wheels last friday and on blocks but the next will be with shoes on and all mine!!!! wohooo!

Old 08-07-2012 | 03:41 PM
soon2b
2nd Gear
Shoot me & put me out of my misery - I am officially looking forward to the replacement MINI.

Today I saw a mellow yellow w/white roof on the road - that color combo would SO be my car if it were still available.

Old 08-07-2012 | 03:58 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
The Don Juan has left Halifax So close yet so far!

Old 08-07-2012 | 04:33 PM
mattkosem
5th Gear
Mine is sitting in Baltimore waiting for a truck to bring it to Ohio! MA says she should be ready in the next week or so.

--Matt

Old 08-07-2012 | 05:48 PM
minibered2013
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tarbot
The Don Juan has left Halifax So close yet so far!
Yay!!!

Old 08-07-2012 | 07:21 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Mine has been at the dealer since last week as far as I can tell but still have got no call from my MA

Old 08-07-2012 | 07:30 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by The Angry Pumkin
Mine has been at the dealer since last week as far as I can tell but still have got no call from my MA
Ummmm... phone call in order!

Old 08-07-2012 | 07:33 PM
brontë
1st Gear
According to all computer info, my MINI is still sitting at the dock at Southampton. I don't believe that, nor does my MA. My car was finished on 7/23. It makes no sense that it would sit there for 2 weeks, so I think it's on the Athens Highway, now on its way to Brunswick, then to Charleston (my home port). Anyone else on that boat?

Old 08-07-2012 | 07:46 PM
vette69
1st Gear
The OL finally updated to at Distribution Center. Baby is just 13.5 hour drive away. Until then popcorn.

Old 08-07-2012 | 07:46 PM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
Originally Posted by The Angry Pumkin
What? I wouldn't stand for that. Mine came into the dealer at 4:00 p.m. and I had it hat night. Unless you are having a bunch of dealer installed options there is no excuse for taking that long to deliver a car.

Old 08-08-2012 | 03:55 AM
footballgiant
1st Gear
Picked up my new Roadster last night here in NJ. Ordered on June 30th, whole process took 5 and 1/2 weeks. Everything was as ordered with one nice surprise, Ordered chrome line interior with color line carbon black, but the car came with silver color line, which matches my White Silver exterior nicly. Has anyone had or considered having there car detailed after delievery.

Old 08-08-2012 | 04:21 AM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Originally Posted by footballgiant
Picked up my new Roadster last night here in NJ. Ordered on June 30th, whole process took 5 and 1/2 weeks. Everything was as ordered with one nice surprise, Ordered chrome line interior with color line carbon black, but the car came with silver color line, which matches my White Silver exterior nicly. Has anyone had or considered having there car detailed after delievery.
I picked up my car last tuesday. When home gave it a good bath and clay bar. Its in the garage and has been prewaxed. Car was painted on Sept 8th and you have to wait 30 days before wax or sealant. So today my paint is 30 days old and I can start to apply sealant and then a good wax. So when I'm done I can start using my car. It has been hard not to drive it waiting on the paint to age, as I only have 67 miles.

Old 08-08-2012 | 04:48 AM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
Originally Posted by footballgiant
My dealer did an excellent job detailing my roaster before I took delivery. I'll be using a waterless acrylic polymer product on all exterior hard surfaces. I've been using it for a couple years on my cars and Can Am and am very pleased with the results. My only concern right now is the fabric top and the cloth seats. Not sure what to use to keep them looking good.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group