1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 05:37 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
Well up to this point everything has been on time.. Just maybe things will keep moving along.. But onto your name you picked.. I like it I think it fits well as how you came up with it... Im still tossing around a few in my head...but in time I know I will have one that fits it!! I sooo cant wait to drive my new MINI... Plus once I get it maybe I will finally get a good nights rest ha ha
I know what you mean. I wake up in the middle of the night, mind drifts to the sound of pops and burbles as I downshift from fourth to third as I enter a turn and .... awake for an hour or two.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:40 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by TraceH
At the dealer!

I missed this post earlier... VERY NICE !! Congrats to you ! They doing much work on it before you get it ?

Old 06-07-2013, 11:16 PM
TraceH
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
I missed this post earlier... VERY NICE !! Congrats to you ! They doing much work on it before you get it ?
Almost none. It was all prepped and everything went smoothly. 200 miles on the clock so far, range still says over 300mi left on this tank. I'm above 36MPG avg and that includes a fair bit of city driving.

I've been smiling all day. I LOVE this car. It's the best ever

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-223748961.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013, 02:35 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Awesome!

I expect your MPGs to drop just a bit after your break-in period. Will be disappointed in you if they don't.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:05 AM
okyeron
1st Gear
At the VDC in Brunswick, GA awaiting transport to Austin, TX.

Anxiously hoping for delivery by Friday (if luck is on my side).

Old 06-08-2013, 06:09 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Bet your heart rate is increasing by the day !

Old 06-08-2013, 06:47 AM
sdiver
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well that was quick...for the past week the Owners' Lounge has shown Scheduled for Production...today I am showing Awaiting Transportation! Now to catch that slow boat across the pond...

Old 06-08-2013, 06:49 AM
tgc
Neutral
Ordered a Mini hardtop from the dealer on May 27th and I still don't have a production number. The MA says he's submitted the order to MINI but they haven't yet accepted it and returned the production number.

Based on this thread it sounds like I'm being fed some BS. Thoughts?
Is there any other way to get the production number other than through my MA?

btw...the MINI was pretty uniquely packaged, so it'd be extremely doubtful they'll find my configuration elsewhere in the country.

EDIT: Got the production number!
Checked it out on the owners lounge and it's already configured properly in the system, so now I can sit back and be even more impatient, lol.

Last edited by tgc; 06-08-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:54 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
That is very odd ! I have my production number and the VIN within 3 days of ordering.

Not sure if 800-ASKMINI can give you your production number or not, but it's worth a try.

BTW... first post, I see. Welcome to NAM !

Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 AM
tgc
Neutral
Thanks for the advice and the welcoming, it's good to be here.

This is what the MINI is replacing, it was a Prius before an F5 decided to toss it around a bit.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would ask my MA for a copy of the order, and look at the top of the page to see if the status shows as a dealer inventory unit or a sold unit. Sold units should get a prod number fairly quickly.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:52 AM
zigziggityzoo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tgc
Ordered a Mini hardtop from the dealer on May 27th and I still don't have a production number. The MA says he's submitted the order to MINI but they haven't yet accepted it and returned the production number.

btw...the MINI was pretty uniquely packaged, so it'd be extremely doubtful they'll find my configuration elsewhere in the country.

Sounds like he didn't have any slots for you and so you go to the back of the line.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:09 AM
tgc
Neutral
Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo
Sounds like he didn't have any slots for you and so you go to the back of the line.
That's what I was thinking, but then expected to get something pretty quick in June. Guess the dealer's monthly allotment doesn't open up on the 1st like I expected.

Thanks all.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tgc
That's what I was thinking, but then expected to get something pretty quick in June. Guess the dealer's monthly allotment doesn't open up on the 1st like I expected.

Thanks all.
I would still get a copy of your order to verify options and order type. I can dig mine up if you want to know what it looks like.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
I would still get a copy of your order to verify options and order type. I can dig mine up if you want to know what it looks like.
Agreed. Definitely get your order to confirm it is what you want. Then check it against what the site shows for your details. It took 2 weeks before all of my options were showing in the system. It won't show options that aren't done at the factory, like driving lights or the JCW instrument cluster.

And mine is now showing on the website as "waiting on transportation." I just hope it doesn't sit there 2-3 weeks! I saw some posts back in March/April of people having their Mini just sit for a while before getting on a boat.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by EHans

Agreed. Definitely get your order to confirm it is what you want. Then check it against what the site shows for your details. It took 2 weeks before all of my options were showing in the system. It won't show options that aren't done at the factory, like driving lights or the JCW instrument cluster.

And mine is now showing on the website as "waiting on transportation." I just hope it doesn't sit there 2-3 weeks! I saw some posts back in March/April of people having their Mini just sit for a while before getting on a boat.
Hey EHans, you can find your ship, enter your vin #, and see if your car shows up in the manifest, which would mean it is loaded.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:35 AM
kavatski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tgc

I ordered March 26 and didn't get a production number until April 8. The dealer told me something similar - they sent it in but it took a while to get a confirmation. So it's not necessarily BS. I called the Mini customer service line but without a production number they couldn't tell me anything.

In my case, I figured it was because I was going with a special order colour and lighting option and they needed to verify it could be built that way. But never did find out if that was the reason for the delay.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:02 PM
alan.dg
2nd Gear
I woke up at 5:30am on Wednesday, and remembered that my ship would be coming through the canal that day. So I pulled up the webcam, and lo and behold, it was just pulling into the first lock.

I checked in on its progress regularly throughout the day. It took 13 hours to go from one end to the other, with quite a bit of downtime in the middle. It was fun to watch it come through, but I could. Not. Concentrate. On anything else.

Video: http://cl.ly/260b3F111U3Q (The Faust is the green and white one, almost like BRG with a white roof!)

Old 06-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Kimini03
5th Gear
Order Date June 3, 2013

Hello Everybody! My husband and I just ordered a 2013 JCW Coupe on June 3. On the Where's my baby at? it says it is scheduled for production and the dealer contacted us yesterday and said that it went into production on June 4. Is that pretty fast? They said delivery would take 6-8 weeks, so we were surprised that it is already in production How long does the production process normally take? When should we start to see updates like paint shop, ect? Also could someone point me toward a link where I can find out how to do all the tracking in transit after it is complete and such??

Sorry about all the questions! Just excited and wondering how to keep myself busy until the JCW arrives!!!

Old 06-08-2013, 02:30 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Congrats!!! About a week in production. Go to the 1st gear forum for tracking details.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:48 PM
tgc
Neutral
Got the production number!

Checked it out on the owners lounge and it's configured properly in the system, so now I can sit back and be even more impatient, lol.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:44 PM
brgmcs13
1st Gear
Just called ASK MINI and my current status is "Your vehicle is at the port and awaiting a shipping vessel."

Hoping my MINI will make Sunday's boat (MIGNON) out of Southampton to NYC.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:56 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Ask Mini just told me my vehicles is "being transported to the port of exit" so it has left the Austria facility. Should be at the port soon. Only a 9hr drive and I'd assume those trucks make it in 1-2 days, depending on regulations on how long they can drive. In the US it is 11hrs. In France I think it is 30min. Not sure about Austria and Germany.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Poking fun at France ? You just made my Top Ten Posters list.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:02 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Poking fun at France ? You just made my Top Ten Posters list.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group