1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 06:15 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Thanks very much for having State Farm as your insurer.
That is who we use and got excellent service when my wife went down on her motorcycle a few years ago.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:21 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EHans
That is who we use and got excellent service when my wife went down on her motorcycle a few years ago.
Good to hear on both counts, E ! Thank you and your family for having us as your insurance company.

Hope she wasn't seriously hurt in that accident !

Old 06-14-2013, 06:31 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Good to hear on both counts, E ! Thank you and your family for having us as your insurance company.

Hope she wasn't seriously hurt in that accident !
Nothing but road rash and pride. Bike was totalled. She was off and it slid into the ditch funny and bent the frame into the transmission housing. The adjuster looked at that and said "no way am I paying to have that transmission x-rayed to make sure it is ok. Write it off."

Instant new bike!

Old 06-14-2013, 06:37 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Excellent !

I have to laugh at some of my customers involved in bike accidents. They seem to care more about getting their motorcycles repaired than their injuries. Some of them to a point of being ridiculous.

I tried to pay a guy one time for pain and suffering after he laid his bike down in an accident. No medical care but he had road rash on his arm, hip, thigh, and calf. Offered him $1000 for pain and suffering and he would have no part of it. Just wanted his bike fixed. Said, no worries, about his road rash, it'll heal in a few weeks. He's not the only one I've had like that either.

Then you have your people who we tap in the rear in their car... $250 in damage and they treat with physical therapy for two months for neck and back pain to the tune of thousands of dollars.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:44 AM
zigziggityzoo
2nd Gear
Then you have your people who we tap in the rear in their car... $250 in damage and they treat with physical therapy for two months for neck and back pain to the tune of thousands of dollars.
You're starting to make me think I let State Farm off easy last year with my fender bender ($2500 repair to the bimmer... ouch).

Old 06-14-2013, 07:05 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Note that I didn't say I pay for all that medical care for those minor accidents.

Of course, they can end up filing suits and our wonderful court system can make us pay them ridiculous awards. We win some of those, we lose some of those.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:38 AM
SneakyBaron
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Mine has been delivered at the port in NYC! So close!

Old 06-14-2013, 07:42 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
YAY !! Huge step !

Old 06-14-2013, 10:25 AM
PepperClubby
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SneakyBaron
Mine has been delivered at the port in NYC! So close!
Congrats! Curious to see how long from hitting port to hitting dealer.

Keep us posted.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Tell me less, and I'll be happier!

On June 7, Mini Customer Relations told me my car had arrived in Baltimore, cleared the VDC and was released to a carrier - with delivery expected on June 12. No such luck. On June 13, Mini Customer Relations told me the car hadn't yet been released to a carrier. Today (June 14), Mini Customer Relations told me the car was released to a carrier June 11 and should be here today or tomorrow, but the dealer just told me probably more like June 19.

Even though I understand it's based on estimates, IMHO MINI should totally revamp its Order Tracking system if it can't provide any better information than it's given me the past 7 weeks. (At one point, my car was "lost" for more than 3 weeks; today, the automated system says it's still in the U.K., awaiting shipment.) Getting bad information is worse than not getting any information, and it puts MINI dealers, who are innocent bystanders in this process, in a tough position.

I certainly understand that "stuff" happens, and I hope everyone here has a better experience. But as the MINI Customer Relations person just said to me (paraphrasing), "This is supposed to be an exciting experience for you, and I guess we haven't done a very good job of that, have we?"

Nope.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:40 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Hmmm... I've been officially upgraded to "At port of exit, waiting on a shipping vessel".

Anyone know of a song for "waiting for a shipping vessel"?

Old 06-14-2013, 12:46 PM
sdiver
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Spa2k
I certainly understand that "stuff" happens, and I hope everyone here has a better experience. But as the MINI Customer Relations person just said to me (paraphrasing), "This is supposed to be an exciting experience for you, and I guess we haven't done a very good job of that, have we?"

Nope.
I'll give the MINI Customer Relations person credit for their straight forward response.

I cannot even imagine how MINI could say they have no idea where you car is for 3-weeks. That is just batsh*t insane.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WolfsBane
Anyone know of a song for "waiting for a shipping vessel"?
How about "Tomorrow" from the musical Annie. That way, no matter what day it is, until your car is loaded the song will always be appropriate. ("Tomorrow, tomorrow ... They'll ship it tomorrow ...")

Old 06-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sdiver
I cannot even imagine how MINI could say they have no idea where you car is for 3-weeks. That is just batsh*t insane.
To be entirely accurate, during that time a couple of the reps told me that the car probably was sitting in Oxford - but they couldn't tell me why. Other reps had no idea what was going on. No trouble codes ever showed up on the order.

Last edited by Spa2k; 06-14-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Sigh... it is 10:12pm in Bremerhaven and the Tiger is still there, even though it shows a June 14 departure.

And my car is still not showing up when I put my VIN in the cargo field at WW.

Depression is starting to set in...

Old 06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
E... how are you sure it's still there ? Live satellite feed ? I don't think I would trust any computer system to show real time status of the ship's departure.

your VIN not showing up yet on the manifest does not sound good. I would think that would show up either before or at time of departure.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:52 PM
EHans
5th Gear
E... how are you sure it's still there ? Live satellite feed ? I don't think I would trust any computer system to show real time status of the ship's departure.

your VIN not showing up yet on the manifest does not sound good. I would think that would show up either before or at time of departure.
Well, it has left, and my car isn't on the manifest.

Now it has to wait for the Aniara that doesn't leave until June 29 and arrive at Port Hueneme on July 24.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:00 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Love the sense of humor.

Oh, I thought you were saying the ship was still in port.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, it has left, and my car isn't on the manifest.

Now it has to wait for the Aniara that doesn't leave until June 29 and arrive at Port Hueneme on July 24.
Holy heck.. Your telling me your still in Southampton?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:34 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
I called ask mini today three times!! Guess what?? I got three different answers.. Now Im calling my MA... because one was a bit crazy ha ha. Im afraid to call a forth time in fear what next will fall out of there mouth!!

Old 06-14-2013, 03:34 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
Holy heck.. Your telling me your still in Southampton?
Bremerhaven. For 2 more weeks!!!!!! Next ship is the Ariana.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:41 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
I've always understood ASKMINI to be very accurate with their info. Now it appears they are no more dependable than the Owner's Lounge.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:55 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Bremerhaven. For 2 more weeks!!!!!! Next ship is the Ariana.
Good Gosh!! I do feel for yah...that is just plain wrong.. I don't understand why shipping these is such a time problem. this waiting is crazy

Old 06-14-2013, 04:13 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
I've always understood ASKMINI to be very accurate with their info. Now it appears they are no more dependable than the Owner's Lounge.
Well I agree...ive always got go information before.. But today was a bit crazy..
1) my first call they told me my car was loaded and they should have the shipping info shortly.. So I fig I would wait and call back later in the day..
2) when I called the second time they told me that my car made it fine and was now sitting in Germany!! I was like whaaaat!! I honestly didn't know what to say.. so I fig I would just call back.. maybe they had punched in a wrong number or something like that..
3)call number three which was not more then 5 mins from the second call I gave them my info and they said my car should be loaded in 2 days..and should expect to pick it up at my dealer sometime after the 23 June.. How I would hope this to be true...But now I don't know what to think.. Im getting that weird feeling that Im not in Kansas anymore!!!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:20 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Wow, that's some terrible service. Time to ask for a manager there and tell him or her the runaround you've been given today.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group