1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:03 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How are you liking that Paceman ? If our Countryman weren't just a year old, we'd be very interested on one of those.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:05 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
So true.

I already know I will be QDing mine after every day it's out of the garage. And when it's in the garage, I will be peeking out there for a glimpse a dozen times a day.
CR.... Im right there with yah...I will be doing the same

Old 06-19-2013, 07:07 PM
etidd01
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was born and raised in Gettysburg. Where in PA did you settle down ?
So close...Bonneauville. My wife and I grew up in Middletown which is we're very familiar with Hagerstown.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Oh yeah... been through that tiny little town many times on my way to Hanover from Gettysburg. Small world !

Old 06-19-2013, 07:34 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Tiger is almost out of the English Channel, and into the Celtic Sea. Next stop, the North Atlantic.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 PM
guevasd
3rd Gear
How are you liking that Paceman ? If our Countryman weren't just a year old, we'd be very interested on one of those.
I was never a fan of it before, but riding in it, it's not bad. Back seats are hard to get in and out. It's the all4 So I can definitely feel the difference on the corners, not the MINI on rails, kinda feels softer. It moves fast though and has lots of space in the rear.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:38 PM
jhortin
1st Gear
Jealous to hear about everyone getting their MINIs. (Sort of feel like the geeky kid in middle school - that I was - that everyone cuts in line in front of. lol) Finally, the ASKMINI says mine is 'in the body shop... Estimated done date on the 20th'. I'm hoping that's a good thing. Really hoping that I'll be on the MV Tarago (WW) that leaves Bremerhaven on the 23rd, to make it by July 3rd (to Baltimore) and to Chicago before July 10th...

I too have a MA that is somewhat lackluster. It's not good to know more/be more excited about MINIs than the person that sells it to you...

Ugh.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:52 PM
alan.dg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jhortin
Jealous to hear about everyone getting their MINIs. (Sort of feel like the geeky kid in middle school - that I was - that everyone cuts in line in front of. lol)
Nah, soon enough you will have graduated to the front of the line, and will be taunting and doling out wedgies to the newbs 8,000 places behind you. All things considered, it goes by pretty fast (depending on how long you've waited just to order one).

Finally, the ASKMINI says mine is 'in the body shop... Estimated done date on the 20th'. I'm hoping that's a good thing. Really hoping that I'll be on the MV Tarago (WW) that leaves Bremerhaven on the 23rd, to make it by July 3rd (to Baltimore) and to Chicago before July 10th...
Seems tight, but maybe possible. Mine had six days from completion to getting on a ship, though it sounds like the waiting times are all over the map.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:06 PM
chanclor
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PepperClubby
I didn't realize you can't track ships while their in the middle of the ocean.
Hey Pepper. You can go to http://www.sailwx.info/ and track them through the middle of the ocean. It only updates every 6-12 hours though, so not as exciting. At least you can see when it's getting close to being back in MarineTraffic range.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 PM
jhortin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by alan.dg
Nah, soon enough you will have graduated to the front of the line, and will be taunting and doling out wedgies to the newbs 8,000 places behind you. All things considered, it goes by pretty fast (depending on how long you've waited just to order one).

Seems tight, but maybe possible. Mine had six days from completion to getting on a ship, though it sounds like the waiting times are all over the map.
My order went in on May 6th... Optimistically, I'd have it now towards the beginning of the 6 - 8 weeks.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:26 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Jealous to hear about everyone getting their MINIs. (Sort of feel like the geeky kid in middle school - that I was - that everyone cuts in line in front of. lol) Finally, the ASKMINI says mine is 'in the body shop... Estimated done date on the 20th'. I'm hoping that's a good thing. Really hoping that I'll be on the MV Tarago (WW) that leaves Bremerhaven on the 23rd, to make it by July 3rd (to Baltimore) and to Chicago before July 10th..
Don't want to rain on your parade, and I sincerely hope I am wrong for your sake, but my CM completed production on June 6, left the factory on the 7th and arrived at Bremerhaven on June 10. I think it goes on rail, not truck. If it were truck, it should have been at the port by the 8th.

That seems very VERY tight to make that ship. I think the Courage is your likely vessel. Count on that and be pleasantly surprised if it makes the Tarago.

Actually, if you made the Tamerlane, which leaves a week after the Courage, it would arrive on the 14th, a day before the Courage. Go figure.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:31 PM
jhortin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by EHans

Actually, if you made the Tamerlane, which leaves a week after the Courage, it would arrive on the 14th, a day before the Courage. Go figure.
Unfortunately, that wouldn't help me as my wife and I are going on a road trip on the 10th (to a wedding on the 13th, so we couldn't move the date back)

Old 06-19-2013, 09:40 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Unfortunately, that wouldn't help me as my wife and I are going on a road trip on the 10th (to a wedding on the 13th, so we couldn't move the date back)
Well, chances are it would take longer for the port prep and dealer prep - especially if you have non-factory options selected. My MA told me it would take 10 days to get from the port to the dealer, and it is less than 100 miles, but it is because of a few options that the port installs.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:51 PM
jhortin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
Well, chances are it would take longer for the port prep and dealer prep - especially if you have non-factory options selected. My MA told me it would take 10 days to get from the port to the dealer, and it is less than 100 miles, but it is because of a few options that the port installs.
Rats So much for that idea. Now I'm thinking it might be best just to fly

Old 06-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Anubis1654
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by guevasd
MOA had "selection" at the time, Rockville is further in traffic than Annapolis. How's service at Mini of Rockville?

I was going to ask the MA in RI to take some scenic pics
I'm actually getting my car from mini of moco and they are pretty awesome to deal with sales wise. I was speaking with my MA and they are moving up to gaithersburg june 24th across from rosenthal acura. So hopefully i wont have to drive to rockville when my car comes in. I will agree though, getting to rockville is a pain even though it closer to me than annapolis or sterling.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 PM
guevasd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Anubis1654

I'm actually getting my car from mini of moco and they are pretty awesome to deal with sales wise. I was speaking with my MA and they are moving up to gaithersburg june 24th across from rosenthal acura. So hopefully i wont have to drive to rockville when my car comes in. I will agree though, getting to rockville is a pain even though it closer to me than annapolis or sterling.
Rockville is a pain to get to. I used to live in Germantown, but now am out in north Laurel/Columbia. Annapolis just seemed convenient as well. The MA has been great and I'm happy with the service prior to delivery, I'm hoping its just as good after!

Where are you located?

Old 06-20-2013, 03:01 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
I was never a fan of it before, but riding in it, it's not bad. Back seats are hard to get in and out. It's the all4 So I can definitely feel the difference on the corners, not the MINI on rails, kinda feels softer. It moves fast though and has lots of space in the rear.
Thanks for the review. Yeah, if I have one complaint about the Countryman All4, it would be that it's a bit too refined. Not quite the feel of driving a hardtop. If I wanted a cushy ride, I'd buy a Buick. I enjoy driving my bare-bones R50 more than the Countryman that is 7 years newer and costs nearly twice as much when both were new.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:59 AM
zigziggityzoo
2nd Gear
The Endurance is done offloading cars for BMW, and is in port for another day and a half for inspections.

My car's status is unchanged on the WW website - still "CUSTOMS RELEASE" from the 16th.

No update on the Owners Lounge either. I'll give ASK MINI a call later to see what I can see.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Anubis1654
2nd Gear
Rockville is a pain to get to. I used to live in Germantown, but now am out in north Laurel/Columbia. Annapolis just seemed convenient as well. The MA has been great and I'm happy with the service prior to delivery, I'm hoping its just as good after!

Where are you located?
I can see why you went with Annapolis. I'm in the Germantown Clarksburg area so the dealership move to Gaithersburg is a huge plus for me

Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 AM
PepperClubby
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chanclor
Hey Pepper. You can go to http://www.sailwx.info/ and track them through the middle of the ocean. It only updates every 6-12 hours though, so not as exciting. At least you can see when it's getting close to being back in MarineTraffic range.
Thanks for the tip Chanclor. For some reason it stops tracking pretty much where maritime showed, around the middle of the Celtic Sea.

I'll keep checking it though. I need to make sure that ship is upright!

Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 AM
SneakyBaron
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
It'll only update when the ship checks in, for the Asian King that was about 50-100 miles to and from port every hour.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:33 AM
PepperClubby
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SneakyBaron
It'll only update when the ship checks in, for the Asian King that was about 50-100 miles to and from port every hour.
Got it. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until it arrives at Baltimore next Mon to get my next location status

Old 06-20-2013, 07:46 AM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
The Tiger is now in the North Atlantic and out of coastal navigation tracking range. From now on, it's pretty much general positioning until she arrives into the general vicinity of the North American continent.

Three weeks till Port Hueneme.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:08 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by WolfsBane
The Tiger is now in the North Atlantic and out of coastal navigation tracking range. From now on, it's pretty much general positioning until she arrives into the general vicinity of the North American continent.

Three weeks till Port Hueneme.
Yup, though it should pop back up around Panama. I tried http://www.sailwx.info/ linked to above but cannot get it to show me the Tiger anywhere. Not sure how to search on that site.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:15 AM
brgmcs13
1st Gear
My MINI was released from the Mignon yesterday and should be at the VDC in New Jersey. My MA told me to expect to pick it up late next week. I'm hoping he was padding that estimate.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group