1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 08:20 AM
SneakyBaron
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by brgmcs13
My MINI was released from the Mignon yesterday and should be at the VDC in New Jersey. My MA told me to expect to pick it up late next week. I'm hoping he was padding that estimate.
That sounds about right, mine got to the VDC about this time last week, my MA is estimating it should be here Friday(he said that yesterday).

Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM
AAAMINI
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news! The Dionysus Leader has docked in Pt Hueneme. Hopefully they can get my CM offloaded, processed, the port installed items put on and shipped before the weekend hits. MA estimates a week to dealer from port. Getting very close now!

Old 06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
zigziggityzoo
2nd Gear
Good news! According to ASK-MINI rep- my car has left Baltimore on its truck, headed for Motor City!

I might have this thing next week!

(Website still shows it's on a boat, ASK-Mini automated line says it's still on a boat... fun stuff)

Old 06-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo
The Endurance is done offloading cars for BMW, and is in port for another day and a half for inspections.

My car's status is unchanged on the WW website - still "CUSTOMS RELEASE" from the 16th.

No update on the Owners Lounge either. I'll give ASK MINI a call later to see what I can see.
The same thing happened to me - it went from Customs Release in the middle of the Atlantic to the VDC a few days later. I knew where it was from tracking the ship, but only my MA was able to give me the correct info. ASK MINI was very minaccurate.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:33 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ASKMINI last night, and OL today, both say my JCW is released to the carrier for transportation.

I guess that means it's either still in the factory or it's already on a ship.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
That's good news ! Once it goes into production, it only takes about 10 days for it to be completely built.

That VIN will come in handy when you want to track it on a ship. In the meantime, you can use your production number to track it while MINI still has possession of it.
Originally Posted by IamLili
So, it looks like there's no way to track Canadian-bound MINIs while they are in production.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...rs-lounge.html

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...t-of-luck.html

Guess I could try calling 1-866-ASK-MINI or 1-866-DRV-MINI (Canadian #?) to get updates...

I will try putting my VIN in the Cargo ID field (link below) from time to time, to learn when my car will start its long trip home!

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

In the meantime, I'm thinking of what badges I should buy that would look good with the Bayswater aesthetics... What % tint should I get...
Is it in the Cargo ID field that I need to put my VIN? It's not working for me, and at this point, I think my Bayswater should be done with production...

Thanks!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:50 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
All that means is, your MINI isn't in their manifest yet. But yes, you put the VIN in the cargo field on the carrier's website.

After it's out of the factory, will take anywhere from a few days to a week to maybe even 10 days to shop up on the shipping company's website. Normally about five days.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 AM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
Yup, though it should pop back up around Panama. I tried http://www.sailwx.info/ linked to above but cannot get it to show me the Tiger anywhere. Not sure how to search on that site.
I believe the reason is that the site has not updated yet. What I've read is that this particular site only updates every 6 - 12 hours, so the information is not actually "real time".

She was doing around 16 knots, depending on sea conditions. I'd venture to say that we should start picking her up again by next Thursday or Friday off the North American coast. It all depends on her specific track and weather conditions. The weather forecast for the next few days doesn't look too bad.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 AM
EHans
5th Gear
I can track the Tiger here. When out at sea, it might only get updated every hour or so, but better than nothing. This database works best when you have the IMO number, which you can get at the WW site.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:36 AM
jenlikesrocks
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AAAMINI
Watch this. Will give a good idea of what happens during the entire shipping process on a WW ship.
this was awesome, thank you for sharing. my mini was on this boat and i was just watching it when my MA called and said my countryman is at the dealership! perfect timing

Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
jenlikesrocks
1st Gear
Originally Posted by alan.dg
That was my ship! I'm glad you didn't post this earlier, or I would have ended up watching it about eight times in the last couple of weeks. But since no one else said they were on the Faust, I like to imagine my MINI as being the only car loaded onto the ship.

Thanks for posting this, I'm eager to watch it.
mine was on faust! and my MA just called and said it just got to the dealership

Old 06-20-2013, 10:59 AM
PepperClubby
2nd Gear
Good news! The Dionysus Leader has docked in Pt Hueneme. Hopefully they can get my CM offloaded, processed, the port installed items put on and shipped before the weekend hits. MA estimates a week to dealer from port. Getting very close now!
Your almost there!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:03 AM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
I can track the Tiger here. When out at sea, it might only get updated every hour or so, but better than nothing. This database works best when you have the IMO number, which you can get at the WW site.
Thank you.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM
alan.dg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jenlikesrocks
mine was on faust! and my MA just called and said it just got to the dealership
Nice! Ok, so two cars, secured with 147 tie-downs each, surrounded by 100,000 square feet of empty space.

Where are you located? I'm in Denver, my MA said 10-14 days from port to dealership, so probably next week for me.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:23 AM
alan.dg
2nd Gear
Excellent! Since my MA said it would be up to two weeks, one of us is going to be surprised.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:30 AM
AAAMINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by alan.dg

Excellent! Since my MA said it would be up to two weeks, one of us is going to be surprised.
Mine said they have been taking about a week. I missed the faust by one or two days. Which dealer are you going through? North or South?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:33 AM
guevasd
3rd Gear
Thanks for the review. Yeah, if I have one complaint about the Countryman All4, it would be that it's a bit too refined. Not quite the feel of driving a hardtop. If I wanted a cushy ride, I'd buy a Buick. I enjoy driving my bare-bones R50 more than the Countryman that is 7 years newer and costs nearly twice as much when both were new.
My Wife actually said it first, that it was a very soft ride.. (this coming from a Toyota Prius). Taking the Paceman around today was loads of fun! I was messing with the MINI Connect (and Mission Control) since we never ordered that.. actually, I think the MA put us in the loaded Paceman to see if we'd upgrade sooner

But we'll stick with our CM. That MINI on rails I had with my r53 really was something, its a major reason we are back with MINI after all these years. I like feeling that we are attached to the road.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 PM
cnyilas
2nd Gear
I don't know if you read the auto week review of the GP but its inaccurate. It says the price as tested was 32k and the torque was 260ft pounds as compared to the regular jcw with 207. My new jcw was over 35k and when I looked at the GP they were 39995. How could they have got that so wrong?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:35 PM
guevasd
3rd Gear
Any new deliveries?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:53 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Maybe so... been quiet in here tonight !

Might be a good night for my friends in the Waiters Club to help me decide on a personalized plate for my MINI. Remember it's going to be a White Silver JCW with Chili Red roof and accents.

Here's a few I'm tossing around:

WHT HOT

JCWOW

COOPURR

Feel free to come up with one of your own.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:59 PM
guevasd
3rd Gear
Maybe so... been quiet in here tonight !

Might be a good night for my friends in the Waiters Club to help me decide on a personalized plate for my MINI. Remember it's going to be a White Silver JCW with Chili Red roof and accents.

Here's a few I'm tossing around:

WHT HOT

JCWOW

COOPURR

Feel free to come up with one of your own.
We've been toying with a plate as well
Still some good ones in MD available.
I like JCWOW haha

Old 06-20-2013, 07:02 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
haha... yeah, like that one quite a bit myself.

Was toying with JCWOWOW but I think the shorter one has more punch.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Well my MA confirmed it... My car has been shipped!! Now its even more of a 100% ha ha.. Its still so funny how ask mini says still waiting a ship!! Anyone else have a status change?

Old 06-20-2013, 07:27 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Which ship are you on?

Old 06-20-2013, 07:30 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Im on the Parsifal... Full steam or gas ahead!! ha ha

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group