1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:13 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AAAMINI
Just got an update. Car has been released to from VPC to the carrier but still in California. Been there for a week now. I think it enjoys sightseeing as it hung out in Germany longer than average. The wait continues...

You could argue that your car is enjoying the sight seeing more than you are. It gets to go on an European trip, board a ship to the US and take a nice cruise, even transit the Panama Canal, and up the Pacific Coast, and then sight see in Sunny California... And all at your expense!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:19 PM
AAAMINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WolfsBane

You could argue that your car is enjoying the sight seeing more than you are. It gets to go on an European trip, board a ship to the US and take a nice cruise, even transit the Panama Canal, and up the Pacific Coast, and then sight see in Sunny California... And all at your expense!
Yeah at the expense of my sanity and everyone else around me! And to top it off I have not gotten a single postcard! It better be packin' some souvenirs. ;-)

Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo
Hey, I love seasons! I also love heated seats!
We have seasons. We call them "warm summer", "hot summer" and "cool summer" and then there is 1 month of "rainy summer."

Old 06-27-2013, 12:27 PM
EHans
5th Gear
I am hoping the Tiger will show up on the radar screens again as it nears the Dominican replublic. Marine Traffic has a big block of green squares there where the ship will have to pass through in the next day or so.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:42 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
We have seasons. We call them "warm summer", "hot summer" and "cool summer" and then there is 1 month of "rainy summer."
You forgot " Fire Season".

Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
I am hoping the Tiger will show up on the radar screens again as it nears the Dominican replublic. Marine Traffic has a big block of green squares there where the ship will have to pass through in the next day or so.
I hope so.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB

You see my post above about being on the Michigan Highway ? Wasn't expecting that ! Still don't see that ship on the WW schedule but it's currently sitting in Bremerhaven.
How did you get on the Michigan Highway? What happened while I was gone??

Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Well my MINI is finally on US soil !!! Yaaaaa I never thought this day would come... But now I need my dealer to get it!! Hope that doesn't take forever..

Old 06-27-2013, 06:23 PM
danjreed
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
Well my MINI is finally on US soil !!! Yaaaaa I never thought this day would come... But now I need my dealer to get it!! Hope that doesn't take forever..
Cool! Just a few more days.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:24 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
How did you get on the Michigan Highway? What happened while I was gone??
You think YOU are suprised ! That ship wasn't even on my radar since it wasn't on the list on the WW schedule. Imagine my surprise when I finally get a hit on my VIN search, expecting to look down and see "Tarago" and then seeing a ship that wasn't even on the schedule. LOL Ship is heading toward Southampton from Bremerhaven, leaves Southampton Saturday with arrival at Baltimore on 7/7, so it's all good.

YAYYYYYYY for you, Zippy !! Getting very close now. Given the ride to your dealership and then dealer prep, you have a date in mind for final delivery to you ?

Old 06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
You think YOU are suprised ! That ship wasn't even on my radar since it wasn't on the list on the WW schedule. Imagine my surprise when I finally get a hit on my VIN search, expecting to look down and see "Tarago" and then seeing a ship that wasn't even on the schedule. LOL Ship is heading toward Southampton from Bremerhaven, leaves Southampton Saturday with arrival at Baltimore on 7/7, so it's all good.

YAYYYYYYY for you, Zippy !! Getting very close now. Given the ride to your dealership and then dealer prep, you have a date in mind for final delivery to you ?
Im thinking on pick up right after the 4th.. Once my dealership gets it I will have a better idea..lol.. I was expecting you to say you made the ship... But isn't the ship you are on a Kline ship?

Old 06-27-2013, 06:38 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Hope you'll have it really soon, Zippy ! Can't wait to see your pics !!

I'm told it is, yes. As Zig suggested this morning, probably a matter of WW being behind on shipments and contracted the Kline ship to take a load over for them. Why else would the ship show up on the WW site when I did the VIN inquiry? But yeah my VIN is definitely listed on that ship's manifest.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:51 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Originally Posted by danjreed
Cool! Just a few more days.
Its very cool ha ha Well I hope in a few days my dealer will have it.. But now that its just on US soil makes me happy!! 41 days it took from when I placed my order to where im at now..lol... But whos keeping track!!

Old 06-27-2013, 06:58 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Hope you'll have it really soon, Zippy ! Can't wait to see your pics !!

I'm told it is, yes. As Zig suggested this morning, probably a matter of WW being behind on shipments and contracted the Kline ship to take a load over for them. Why else would the ship show up on the WW site when I did the VIN inquiry? But yeah my VIN is definitely listed on that ship's manifest.
No worries I will pop some pics up right away!! Then I will take more detailed ones later of course Yes I do think they are way behind.. So the way I understand it thats when Kline helps out.. We have to remember these ships are not only caring cars but anything else with wheels on it from tractors to heavy equipment and everything in between.. So it a ship is empty it still doesn't take long to fill... But your not to far off your date though...the 7th?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:00 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
CR.. did you see the post where I used one of your lines... "whos keeping track" I thought I better pull one out of the great masters book!! ha ha

Old 06-27-2013, 07:15 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Yeah, I saw that, Grasshopper.

Yeah, that ship arrives on the 7th. Given my dealer installed options, I would still expect to take delivery somewhere around the 20th of July.

You'll have yours LONG before I have mine.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Yeah, I saw that, Grasshopper.

Yeah, that ship arrives on the 7th. Given my dealer installed options, I would still expect to take delivery somewhere around the 20th of July.

You'll have yours LONG before I have mine.
ha ha to funny.. Well your not to far off then..thats still cool But I am going to have some semi custom strips added to mine.. but those will be done here not at the dealer. Plus you know a few nick nacks..lol.. Did you happen to get driving lights on yours? Or is that a secret?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:28 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE

They call my stripes custom too but I think it's silly. They're just like the JCW stripes but with the colors reversed. What are your stripes going to be like, or is that a secret.

Nope... no driving lights on mine. Considered it but opted not to get them... may live to regret it. But I've had driving lights on two of my MINIs and hardly ever used them, couldn't justify the money for them. I do like the look though.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear

They call my stripes custom too but I think it's silly. They're just like the JCW stripes but with the colors reversed. What are your stripes going to be like, or is that a secret.

Nope... no driving lights on mine. Considered it but opted not to get them... may live to regret it. But I've had driving lights on two of my MINIs and hardly ever used them, couldn't justify the money for them. I do like the look though.
Well my strips are part factory and then I will add a small touch..I will have to show you once I have them on.. Its kind of a secret ha ha.. But the driving lights I think I will get.. I don't use them much either though.. Plus the carbon spoiler.. all little treats for me.. But will have them installed one at a time I think...that tends to help justify it for me

Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
If you intend to keep this MINI a long time, go ahead and add the modifications. Me.... after doing so many aftermarket mods on my 06 CR Justa, I really don't plan to do many at all on this JCW. I think just a few small ones and that'll be it. Let's face it, at a eyelash under $40K, it shouldn't need any!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Well my strips are part factory and then I will add a small touch..I will have to show you once I have them on.. Its kind of a secret ha ha.. But the driving lights I think I will get.. I don't use them much either though.. Plus the carbon spoiler.. all little treats for me.. But will have them installed one at a time I think...that tends to help justify it for me
Unless you are doing it yourself, try and get the driving lights done at the DC. I was quoted almost $200 less on the install there vs the dealer.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
If you intend to keep this MINI a long time, go ahead and add the modifications. Me.... after doing so many aftermarket mods on my 06 CR Justa, I really don't plan to do many at all on this JCW. I think just a few small ones and that'll be it. Let's face it, at a eyelash under $40K, it shouldn't need any!
I agree there... first things first.. Lets just get our MINIs

Old 06-27-2013, 08:05 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Unless you are doing it yourself, try and get the driving lights done at the DC. I was quoted almost $200 less on the install there vs the dealer.
Very good point...lol... You are correct too... I do get a bit shocked on how much more the dealer is on things..lol

Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
What, no cart before the horse ?

But I already have a bunch of mods ready to go when I get my MINI... big ones: already have my glove box organizer, valve stem caps, seat belt pads, aftermarket dipstick, John Cooper signature decals. All together, I don't think I spent $200.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
What's all this talk about stripes?

These are the kinds of stripes I like – I never get off-line going down my favorite road!

Name:  aebf77b3-78c1-4671-ad5b-a2a9f4ffec44.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  159.4 KB

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group