1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:24 AM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only things that are dealer options on my Roadster, are the chrome bonnet scoop and the short antenna. Everything else was factory installed. Her stay at the VDC should really be short, provided no damage in transit has occured. We will see...

Tiger is about 200 miles south of the San Diego coast. If she stays on this speed, she should be arriving around Oxnard about noon tomorrow.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:09 AM
3leafz
2nd Gear
My Cm Jcw is finally on the ship coming to Los Angeles. Estimated arrival time to be on 8/1/13. Additonal 1 week before it Actually delivered to the dealer. That's PITA to wait for another month.

Impatient....

Old 07-10-2013, 12:35 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Stopped in to visit my MINI at the dealership this afternoon. Not sure it was a good idea. I WANT IT !!! NOW.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:12 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Stopped in to visit my MINI at the dealership this afternoon. Not sure it was a good idea. I WANT IT !!! NOW.
No pics, didn't happen :P

Old 07-10-2013, 01:16 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hows everyones MINI coming?? Im going to finally try to upload some pics!! Been off for a few days!!

Old 07-10-2013, 01:20 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Then it didn't happen.

No pics until he's done with the dealer installed mods.

I will say, the HK system was worth every penny. And the JCW cloth seats match well and are quite comfy, nice and firm for cloth seats. And the Chili Red roof and accents on White Silver is gorgeous, photos don't do it justice. And.... okay, I'll shut up now.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:22 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
Hows everyones MINI coming?? Im going to finally try to upload some pics!! Been off for a few days!!
Well, well, well, well, well, well.... lookie who finally came back ! It's Mister I Got My MINI So Who Needs You Guys Anymore!

Old 07-10-2013, 01:26 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Well, well, well, well, well, well.... lookie who finally came back ! It's Mister I Got My MINI So Who Needs You Guys Anymore!

Ha Ha I fig I would get this warm welcome back!! Just so you know I never forgot at all about you guys/gals we are in this together!!

Old 07-10-2013, 01:32 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Then it didn't happen.

No pics until he's done with the dealer installed mods.

I will say, the HK system was worth every penny. And the JCW cloth seats match well and are quite comfy, nice and firm for cloth seats. And the Chili Red roof and accents on White Silver is gorgeous, photos don't do it justice. And.... okay, I'll shut up now.
Love my CR roof and mirrors. Recently used Pinnacle Souveran carnauba wax on the roof for that wet show car look. Sick!! I agree about the seats thumbsup!!

Old 07-10-2013, 01:33 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Sure, sure.... so you say.

Been looking forward to those pics, Zippy !!

And welcome back.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:37 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Love my CR roof and mirrors. Recently used Pinnacle Souveran carnauba wax on the roof for that wet show car look. Sick!! I agree about the seats thumbsup!!
Yeah... I love the White Silver but having a Chili Red roof will help me with the need to have a MINI that is car show shiny. And I have a hard time owning a MINI that doesn't have at least some CR on it... love, love, LOVE that color.

Haha... my other half took one look at my interior and she said, "Wow, at least you won't fall asleep while driving". I don't think she's a big fan of the chili red dash and door ovals. I think it's gorgeous, of course.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:42 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Yeah... I love the White Silver but having a Chili Red roof will help me with the need to have a MINI that is car show shiny. And I have a hard time owning a MINI that doesn't have at least some CR on it... love, love, LOVE that color.

Haha... my other half took one look at my interior and she said, "Wow, at least you won't fall asleep while driving". I don't think she's a big fan of the chili red dash and door ovals. I think it's gorgeous, of course.
Me too

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-3468519116.jpg

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-3891623709.jpg

Old 07-10-2013, 01:44 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Well heres a couple.. There not great but it gives you an idea ..

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0273.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0275.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 01:49 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Well heres a couple.. There not great but it gives you an idea ..
Beautiful!!!

Old 07-10-2013, 01:50 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Awesome, Zippy ! Very well thought out and put together ! I do love that color, very sharp ! Thanks for the pics !!

Super Greg... we have similar taste.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Awesome, Zippy ! Very well thought out and put together ! I do love that color, very sharp ! Thanks for the pics !!

Super Greg... we have similar taste.
Agreed! I almost got your color, but decided on Eclipse Grey since my last MINI was PW.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:03 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
I understand. The White Silver is a change of pace for me, too, after having two CR R50s. Of course, going to a JCW is enough of a change of pace in itself.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear

I considered the red surface dash, briefly. But my honey nixed the idea.

So... did you spent "considerable" time getting a feel for the seat and the interior of your new ride?

Old 07-10-2013, 02:10 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Thanks guys!! But I will say this.. the colors you guys got is top notch!! I like your color selections because they jump out at yah.. But yet go awesome together..(hope im saying that correctly) I think my color selection is more subdued.. which makes me wish I may have went a different color for the roof... but then again in person the colors I chose look very sharp together.. Im very happy with the whole thing!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:11 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
The Chili Red dash and door ovals must be a man thing.

Well, I would have spent a lot more time making sure my butt print was permanently placed in the driver's seat but I had my other half there with me, had to be considerate of her. And I knew the longer I spent with it, the harder it would be to leave it there. These next ten days may be longer than the ten days it waited for the ship.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:14 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Thanks guys!! But I will say this.. the colors you guys got is top notch!! I like your color selections because they jump out at yah.. But yet go awesome together..(hope im saying that correctly) I think my color selection is more subdued.. which makes me wish I may have went a different color for the roof... but then again in person the colors I chose look very sharp together.. Im very happy with the whole thing!
I don't think there is a better choice than black to go with the spice orange. I've seen it in person with the silver roof and I just don't care for it as much.

It's beautiful ! And Spice Orange is a color that is still pretty rare, which is nice.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:18 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
The Chili Red dash and door ovals must be a man thing.

Well, I would have spent a lot more time making sure my butt print was permanently placed in the driver's seat but I had my other half there with me, had to be considerate of her. And I knew the longer I spent with it, the harder it would be to leave it there. These next ten days may be longer than the ten days it waited for the ship.
Look at the bright side, it may already be broken in by the salesmen by the time you pick it up in 10-14 days :P

Old 07-10-2013, 02:21 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
If it has 300 miles on it, I'm not going to be happy ! After all, I want to make sure it's broken in with as much time spent up around 4,000 RPMs as possible!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:23 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
I don't think there is a better choice than black to go with the spice orange. I've seen it in person with the silver roof and I just don't care for it as much.

It's beautiful ! And Spice Orange is a color that is still pretty rare, which is nice.
Very true.. I thought the same.. black does look very nice with it... I just didn't know if I should of tried something different... Don't get me wrong ..I love it!!! When I went to the dealership they had it up nice on there showroom floor with ropes around it to keep people out of it!! I guess my MA said they had a heck of a time keeping people out! It was the main attraction MINI there and it was very busy there that day!! Crazy 4th of July weekend and the MINI dealership was busy...I would have never guessed!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:24 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
If it has 300 miles on it, I'm not going to be happy ! After all, I want to make sure it's broken in with as much time spent up around 4,000 RPMs as possible!
Two schools of thought on breaking in. I drove it like I stole it from day one

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group