1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 PM
skylinezx
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's Mine!

Yay!! Picked up the Coupe today. The delivery had a few hitches, but overall it was fine. I do have to go back tomorrow for the rest of the 3M clear bra installation.

Over 100 miles of just 'motoring' after I got it -- too much???!!

Here's the interior with Recaros -- they are great!

Last edited by skylinezx; 08-17-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: fixed pics
Old 08-17-2012, 06:43 PM
GreyNation
2nd Gear
Sky - Very Nice! 100 miles is just the warm up drive. Get out there and really drive it. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and it will be in your driveway tomorrow night.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Andrew_C
2nd Gear
100 miles wouldn't even get me home from the dealership. I'm nearing 900 and I brought Edgar home a week ago today.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:57 PM
riverac87
1st Gear
I am very anxious about picking up Black tomorrow morning. It's been a long wait and I can't believe tomorrow I'll be motoring in style. I've had lots of ups and downs during the process, sure hope its worth the whole process

Last edited by riverac87; 08-17-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-17-2012, 06:59 PM
brontë
1st Gear
Congrats to all the newly-united owners!!! It's been wonderful seeing the pics and reading the happy posts.

Grey and Tarbot, y'all share a birthday w/ my babe, and you've both gotten "the call." I'm still waiting to hear whether I've gotten to the VDC, either in Brunswick or Greer. Will call my MA tomorrow, but I'm planning on delivery next week, one way or another. I'm dying (and living) by moments.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:38 PM
riverac87
1st Gear
I am sad to say that I might not take Black with me after all. Seems that on production they didn't add features that the Baker Street package has standard. I can live without those features, what I cant stand is that the dealer wouldn't give me a price discount (after all I doesn't have what is supposed to). They just told me that I can order another, but I gave my previous vehicle in trade-in at the moment when ordering so I was left without transportation for 11+ weeks, waiting another 11+ or God forbid more is just not an option. I know that these features (front fog lamps and automatic A/C) are just show but I wanted them, I waited for them, why would I take something I am not completely satisfied with. The whole take it or leave it situation just makes me angry. I haven't cancelled on the vehicle yet, but I find it difficult to make a compromise on something that WILL bother me on the future. Still I need your sincere opinion.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:19 AM
soon2b
2nd Gear
riverac - your post made me feel sick. I am so sorry it happened to your car, too.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
riverac87,
That kind of attitude would really get me steamed as well. I see you are in PR which basically leaves you at the mercy of that one dealership. Have you tried calling the district manager to see if there is some way to resolve this that could be a win/win? If the dealer doesn't have to pay for installing fog lamps or lose money on the $500.00 discount for the A/C that should make them happy, and you get a few bucks back and have the cool fog lamps. The only person who can make this happen is the district manager or someone at MINIUSA. You've got nothing to lose by trying. Best of luck.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:56 AM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm surprised that cars are showing up not as ordered. After ordering my car the GM of the dealer called three times, all three times asking to review my order and go over everything to make sure it was right. I only was contacted three times from the dealer period. I just guess this happens. Also in the owners lounge was you cars ordered correctly?.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 AM
soon2b
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jkapinos
I'm surprised that cars are showing up not as ordered. After ordering my car the GM of the dealer called three times, all three times asking to review my order and go over everything to make sure it was right. I only was contacted three times from the dealer period. I just guess this happens. Also in the owners lounge was you cars ordered correctly?.
Owner's Lounge shows that the car will have a Baker Street Package, but does not show all the components that are part of the package. It shows what you selected for options (stripes or not, 16 or 17" wheels, paint, seats), but does not list out all the BS trim, fog lamps, Auto Climate Control, etc.

Literally, you cannot tell from what lists in the OL is actually on the build sheet.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:26 AM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by soon2b
Owner's Lounge shows that the car will have a Baker Street Package, but does not show all the components that are part of the package. It shows what you selected for options (stripes or not, 16 or 17" wheels, paint, seats), but does not list out all the BS trim, fog lamps, Auto Climate Control, etc.

Literally, you cannot tell from what lists in the OL is actually on the build sheet.
Sorry to hear. You are not the only one to get not what you wanted. And after the wait, I can feel your pain.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:13 AM
BLKJCK
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MINI has a bulletin out about 2013 Bakers Street Cars saying they were aware that some were built with the wrong package items(missing Fogs ,no auto AC, no stripes)the same bulletin also mentions that there is a problem with the push to talk button for the Bluetooth on the multifunction steering wheel on some of the 2013 cars. The cars were ordered right it seems the mistake was at the factory when the parts were pulled for the build... This is info my MA gave me when I picked up the car as my button does not work

Last edited by BLKJCK; 08-19-2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Spelling! one day I will learn grammer too...
Old 08-19-2012, 07:07 PM
riverac87
1st Gear
retired rev,
I did try to work out a deal in which we both benefit. MINI manager at the dealer called district manager and have him on speaker while he mentioned my problem, sadly they didn't have any options for me other than ordering another MINI or taking it as is and work out some kind deal retrofitting the fog lamps. I am on a crossroad because I really want to take it home with me, but I am angry that its not what I wanted and so anxiously waited for. I can live without those features but the bottom line is that I wouldn't be completely satisfied. I didn't have a car for almost three months (I'm ok with that its my fault traded-in mine when ordering), the interest rate changed (I didn't agree with that at first but they used the excuse that since it was a 2013 instead of 2012 MINI financial changed the rate), on top of that I don't get exactly what I wanted and I'm only given options that barely make up for my frustration so far (That is what I can't stand). Like I said I am on a crossroad and I still have the opportunity to take it home with me. I don't know what to do...

Last edited by riverac87; 08-19-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 AM
tab
2nd Gear
riverac87 : You are without wheels, can Mini or the dealer hook you up with a car while you wait for a redo?

Old 08-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Andrew_C
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BLKJCK
MINI has a bulletin out about 2013 Bakers Street Cars saying they were aware that some were built with the wrong package items(missing Fogs ,no auto AC, no stripes)the same bulletin also mentions that there is a problem with the push to talk button for the Bluetooth on the multifunction steering wheel on some of the 2013 cars. The cars were ordered right it seems the mistake was at the factory when the parts were pulled for the build... This is info my MA gave me when I picked up the car as my button does not work
I've only tried using the voice activation once and it didn't do anything. Now I'm going to have to get out the manual and see if I can get it to do anything.

Originally Posted by riverac87
retired rev,
I did try to work out a deal in which we both benefit. MINI manager at the dealer called district manager and have him on speaker while he mentioned my problem, sadly they didn't have any options for me other than ordering another MINI or taking it as is and work out some kind deal retrofitting the fog lamps. I am on a crossroad because I really want to take it home with me, but I am angry that its not what I wanted and so anxiously waited for. I can live without those features but the bottom line is that I wouldn't be completely satisfied. I didn't have a car for almost three months (I'm ok with that its my fault traded-in mine when ordering), the interest rate changed (I didn't agree with that at first but they used the excuse that since it was a 2013 instead of 2012 MINI financial changed the rate), on top of that I don't get exactly what I wanted and I'm only given options that barely make up for my frustration so far (That is what I can't stand). Like I said I am on a crossroad and I still have the opportunity to take it home with me. I don't know what to do...
I would put in a new order and have the dealership give you a loaner car to compensate you while you wait!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:19 AM
riverac87
1st Gear
andrew c & tab,

I tried that option and they declined, but I am waiting for the district manager to approve my request of $250 off price, all weather floor mats, retrofitting fog lamps and wheel locks. It's not what I wanted originally, at least they are negotiating with me. This offer might not be what I ordered but it makes up for the cost of the features not included, so wish me luck.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:01 AM
mosherrskl
2nd Gear
Not yet scheduled for production

I ordered by '13 hatchback on July 26. Now over 3 weeks later, it has not yet moved from "Ordered" to "Scheduled for Production". I realize the plant was idle for the first 2 weeks in Aug, but is it normal for it not to move in over 3 weeks?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mosherrskl
I ordered by '13 hatchback on July 26. Now over 3 weeks later, it has not yet moved from "Ordered" to "Scheduled for Production". I realize the plant was idle for the first 2 weeks in Aug, but is it normal for it not to move in over 3 weeks?
I believe the plant is shut for 4 weeks, either starting up next week (by my uninformed math) or the week after (per my dealer).

Hang tight, a lot of us waiting to see updates.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:15 AM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
From reading these forums the past few weeks the best I can tell is that the plant in Austria (Countrymans only) was shut for two weeks, but should be back in business today (with my car scheduled to be done on Thurs).

The plant in the UK is shut for a total of 4 weeks and starting up again on August 27th.

In your case I'd expect to see some movement next week. My Countryman waited a week in 'On Order', and from reading around here that seemed pretty long. It'll probably start production sometime next week. It unfortunately will still be a while before it shows up.

I'm starting to feel like I never actually decided to buy a car - it must have just been imaginary!

Old 08-20-2012, 12:20 PM
strgzr3745
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by riverac87
I know that these features (front fog lamps and automatic A/C) are just show but I wanted them, I waited for them, why would I take something I am not completely satisfied with.
riverac87, my heart goes out to you! I've been waiting for my bonnet stripes to come in since my car also didn't come as ordered (roof color was also not as ordered, but I can live with it). At times I feel like people think it's such a silly thing to be upset over, but when you build it, and order it and put money down for it and wait for it... In the end, it just comes down to this, it's not what you wanted so why should you have to suffer or compromise? Corporate better do the right thing and make you happy!

Originally Posted by skylinezx
Yay!! Picked up the Coupe today. The delivery had a few hitches, but overall it was fine. I do have to go back tomorrow for the rest of the 3M clear bra installation.
A few hitches? ...Gulp! I hope nothing that couldn't be resolved!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Picked up mine on Sat. put over 200mi on it before Monday lol. Had one problem too mine was ordered with black wheels and came silver. The dealer had them switched before I even got the car.
Skyline that looks like Mini of Pitts

Old 08-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Andrew_C
2nd Gear
Fitting that on my 10th day motoring that I hit 1000 miles, right?

I still went another 40 miles on the 2nd tank of gas too. The fuel economy is insane; I knew it would be good but I had no idea HOW good.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-464974_10151044214672912_544859293_o.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 AM
soon2b
2nd Gear
Yesterday, the dealership received delivery of try #2 Baker Street Justa. They have gone over the build list (I have a copy of said list, this time around) and report that the car is complete. It will be getting a dark tint on the sunroof sometime today, I think.

I'll be going down on Friday evening to get my first look at it. If all is well, will pick it up on Saturday.

Riverac - may the dealer work with you on this!!!! Will keep my fingers crossed that you & Black will have this resolved soon & be happily motoring around!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:01 AM
skylinezx
1st Gear
Originally Posted by The Angry Pumkin
Picked up mine on Sat. put over 200mi on it before Monday lol. Had one problem too mine was ordered with black wheels and came silver. The dealer had them switched before I even got the car.
Skyline that looks like Mini of Pitts

Yep, that's exactly where it was!! Love the look of the 'Pumkin', by the way

Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 AM
skylinezx
1st Gear
Originally Posted by strgzr3745
A few hitches? ...Gulp! I hope nothing that couldn't be resolved!
Nah, in the grand scheme of things, it's minor. Let's just say I doubt they'll be using this 3M installer again and I have a half-protected front end until I find someone else to finish the install . The dealer has handled the situation very well, though.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group