1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 07:50 PM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I met my new MINI today!!!

She's (he's?) gorgeous!

I feel like I'm cheating on my beloved Camden though... All good things...

More pics to come after delivery at the end of the month!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-photo-3.jpg  
Old 07-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Yep... and waiting them to put on the correct wheels I ordered. And why is the showroom floor ???
That's not the showroom floor. It's the kids' play area in the service department waiting area. The dealer routinely puts a car he can't sell in that spot, so the kids can climb all over it and eat their snacks inside it. There's even a fold-out changing table and storage for dirty diapers in the boot; they're picked up by the diaper service once a week.

Cool idea, I think.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 PM
chemistrus
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
I'm in the Phx area too. Which dealer? I know MINI of Tempe pretty well. Which MA?
UPDATE: I read your earlier post that it was Scottsdale. I'll give Tempe this, I had my prod # and Vin # within a few days of ordering. Guess that's why they call it "Snottsdale" lol. Sorry to read about your lack of communication from your MA. FYI, the ship will take about 21 days to get to CA once underway. If you need help tracking her, let me know.

Greg
Cool... I was able to track it down its cruising around Atlantic. The tracking seems to have stopped. I checked a few other site the ship either stop transmitting or lost signal probably. Just have to wait until it gets closer. It due into Baltimore on 17th. Have to wait until it leave again for CA.

As for the Tempe Mini dealer the Manager told me if I order it that I have to pay MSRP. The guys in Scottsdale on the other hand worked with me on the price and order it. Go figure... I heard both dealer being owned my Penske they don't have quotas or anything so lowering the price is something hard to do. Plus being the end of the model who know...

By chance do you know a good window tinter? I want to get 20% on the front and limo on the back. The few places I have called they tell me I need a "doctor's note". The one guy I had do my wife's van did what I wanted but left cut marks on the windows. Its not bad but looking at it every time I get in drive me nutz.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:40 PM
chemistrus
1st Gear
Congrats

Originally Posted by tugmcerlain
So pumped! My baby sets sail tomorrow on its 23 day journey across the globe. Anyone else out there booked on the Toledo? If anyone wants a sneak peek at our Roadster, watch Wheel of Fortune this Friday night and see my wife an I win it in the bonus round (Roadster on stage was not an S, but we only had to shell out a couple hundred bucks to get it upgraded and add a couple options like Mini Connected, Rooster Red interior accents, etc.) Can't wait to track the Toledo every step of the way (and hopefully watch it go through the Panama Canal). August can't come fast enough!
That is cool I am on the Toledo too. MCS Hardtop after CA its got to travel across the desert to AZ.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We decided on a name for our new one. We're calling him "Bertie". He's named after George VI (this being our 6th MINI and all.)

We're also getting close to the end of break in. We're up to 930 miles, mainly due to me taking the long way to work. We have plans to run him in an autocross next weekend, so we really wanted him to be broken in by then. We're going to run both him and Tristan next week for comparison.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:47 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ah, Lili.... you figured out a way to tease us yet keep the jackals off your back by posting a pic taken from 30 yards away and partially obscured. Very smart... wish I had thought of that ! But hey, from what I can see... sharp ! Nice wheel choice for your color !!

And Spa.... ..... thanks for keeping me laughing throughout my wait !

Old 07-15-2013, 03:55 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, Lili.... you figured out a way to tease us yet keep the jackals off your back by posting a pic taken from 30 yards away and partially obscured. Very smart... wish I had thought of that ! But hey, from what I can see... sharp ! Nice wheel choice for your color !!
Lol!!! Thought it was a good compromise... And thanks! I'm really pleased by the overall look!

Now I can't wait to see yours!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 03:57 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
You're welcome... can't wait to see the rest of yours !

I'm not counting days instead of weeks. Countdown = 5.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:00 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chemistrus

Cool... I was able to track it down its cruising around Atlantic. The tracking seems to have stopped. I checked a few other site the ship either stop transmitting or lost signal probably. Just have to wait until it gets closer. It due into Baltimore on 17th. Have to wait until it leave again for CA.

As for the Tempe Mini dealer the Manager told me if I order it that I have to pay MSRP. The guys in Scottsdale on the other hand worked with me on the price and order it. Go figure... I heard both dealer being owned my Penske they don't have quotas or anything so lowering the price is something hard to do. Plus being the end of the model who know...

By chance do you know a good window tinter? I want to get 20% on the front and limo on the back. The few places I have called they tell me I need a "doctor's note". The one guy I had do my wife's van did what I wanted but left cut marks on the windows. Its not bad but looking at it every time I get in drive me nutz.
I had MINI if Tempe do mine. The guy they use did a perfect job. It was like $399 I think. Lifetime guarantee.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:56 AM
LSLMINI
1st Gear
Delivery

MA just called - pick up the new one at 3pm today - and of course after a week of sunshine and great temps we are due for some thunderstorms this afternoon.
Sure hope they hold off till we get it home.

LSLMINI

Old 07-15-2013, 07:39 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LSLMINI
MA just called - pick up the new one at 3pm today - and of course after a week of sunshine and great temps we are due for some thunderstorms this afternoon.

LSLMINI
Woo Hoo! Congrats!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by LSLMINI

LSLMINI
YAY !!!! Vincent's ship partner is going home !!

Old 07-15-2013, 10:51 AM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
You're welcome... can't wait to see the rest of yours !

I'm not counting days instead of weeks. Countdown = 5.
When do you pick your ride up?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:05 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by WolfsBane
When do you pick your ride up?
Saturday, WB. What's your latest info ?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:19 AM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Saturday, WB. What's your latest info ?
Saturday.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:26 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Going to be a big day!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:27 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Going to be a big day!
Finally!!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Yeah, dealership will have had my MINI for about 11 days, 1 hour, and 12 minutes by they time I get it. But I can't complain... from order date to taking possession: less than 6 weeks.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Dupe post.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:12 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Yeah, dealership will have had my MINI for about 11 days, 1 hour, and 12 minutes by they time I get it. But I can't complain... from order date to taking possession: less than 6 weeks.
Sweetness is in sight!! Still don't get why it takes 11 days to do a bra and stripes unless installers were not available. You are a very patient man

Old 07-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Skippy67
1st Gear
Finally picked up my Cooper S on Saturday. Exactly 6 weeks from ordering. It's awesome ! Now if only I could get my husband out of it so I can have a go!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img01.jpg  
Old 07-15-2013, 12:25 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Sweetness is in sight!! Still don't get why it takes 11 days to do a bra and stripes unless installers were not available. You are a very patient man
Yeah, that's the main hold up. Installer wasn't even in town for the first few days. And he's got a backlog of work apparently.

Might be ready Wednesday but not counting on it.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:26 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Skippy67
Finally picked up my Cooper S on Saturday. Exactly 6 weeks from ordering. It's awesome ! Now if only I could get my husband out of it so I can have a go!
Ha ha haaaa . . . love it!

congrats and enjoy!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Weak_Sauce
1st Gear
It's all comig together now, old car sold, cleaned out the garage, got the temporary insurance card... scheduled pickup for next Monday. 7 days and counting!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:05 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Skippy67
I hear you. My honey is already getting that glazed look of anticipation. I keep reminding her that she already has her own Mini, and the only answer I get back is a smirk.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group