1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I completely understand !!

Old 07-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
I'm going to giggle like a school girl over the pop and burble. sly:
Originally Posted by MiniWii
I had to hold myself back but inside I truly was giggling
Each of your reactions are perfectly acceptable, as long as you don't maintain your car like a school girl.

Name:  gpALGIH.gif
Views: 7
Size:  2.00 MB

Old 07-18-2013, 03:19 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Old 07-18-2013, 03:27 PM
chemistrus
1st Gear
Toledo Left Baltimore

The Toledo left Baltimore at 6PM EST for the Panama Canal woooohhhhoooo

they did move dock date to 8/2 from 8/1 no worries its coming at a whhoopping 20 MPH with a big tail wind

Old 07-18-2013, 03:31 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
20 MPH? Or 20 Knots?

Old 07-18-2013, 04:04 PM
tugmcerlain
1st Gear
Our 2014 Roadster is on that boat and by a crazy turn of events, my wife was in Baltimore for a conference featuring michael phelps mom today. Anyway, she went to the dock and snapped some pics for me. I'll share them when she gets home tonight. Can'tbelieve she was that close to it and we have to wait another 4 weeks till we get it:(

Old 07-18-2013, 04:09 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tugmcerlain
Our 2014 Roadster is on that boat and by a crazy turn of events, my wife was in Baltimore for a conference featuring michael phelps mom today. Anyway, she went to the dock and snapped some pics for me. I'll share them when she gets home tonight. Can'tbelieve she was that close to it and we have to wait another 4 weeks till we get it:(
I'm amazed that she found it !!
"M" must be one tenacious woman!

Old 07-18-2013, 04:09 PM
tugmcerlain
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Hey "T", I recorded and just watched your episode of WOF. You guys rocked!! You two are a great team!! I am so happy for you! Your wife is beautiful and smart, good catch! Sorry you have to wait for the transporter to deliver your car across country, but it will be worth the wait!! If this is your first MINI, you will be amazed at the fun factor. Keep us apprised, and post pics when you get her.
Thanks SuperGreg! We will definitely post pics. My wife was in Baltimore for work today and went over to the dock and snapped some pics of the toledo. I will share them when she gets back. I will definitely share your kind words with my wife Melissa. Thanks again!

Old 07-18-2013, 04:20 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tugmcerlain

Thanks SuperGreg! We will definitely post pics. My wife was in Baltimore for work today and went over to the dock and snapped some pics of the toledo. I will share them when she gets back. I will definitely share your kind words with my wife Melissa. Thanks again!
It was just so nice to see a great story unfold. Congrats again!!

Old 07-18-2013, 04:20 PM
PepperClubby
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by atlantaellis
The Chesapeake Highway is FINALLY anchored in Brunswick, GA. Just a short trip up to Atlanta and she's MINE!

Anyone know how long I should expect for it up be released from the VDC from when it arrives at the port? I'm not having any options added at the VDC.
Hey Atlanta, mine took about 4 days from arriving at Brunswick to arriving at dealer. Won't be long!

Old 07-18-2013, 08:53 PM
chemistrus
1st Gear
Toledo

20 MPH? Or 20 Knots?
15 Knots = about 20MPH... But then is stopped after moving to other side probably to pickup or drop more things off. That would explain why they added a day to the arrival time. Given that it was to leave Baltimore tonight it will leave tmw.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Well, tomorrow Lana gets her windows tinted. I'll post pics. I've got a bead on who will do the striping too, so that may not be far off.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spa2k
Each of your reactions are perfectly acceptable, as long as you don't maintain your car like a school girl.

So that's how you add the oil!! I was way off... they said MINIs are different ...I just didn't know that different! ha ha

Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Speedu4ea
2nd Gear
Hello Everyone,

I had a question pretty please. Is there a way to check which items are added at VDC versus at the plant versus at the dealership? I see that some of you are mentioning that stripes and such are going on once your Mini's hit the US.

I also ask becuase I want to make sure that they do not drill front plate holes or apply the "Mini of San Francisco" sticker I will just have to remove. I imagine that is something I will be working out with my MA, but thought I would check.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2013, 08:51 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Speedu4ea
Hello Everyone,

I had a question pretty please. Is there a way to check which items are added at VDC versus at the plant versus at the dealership? I see that some of you are mentioning that stripes and such are going on once your Mini's hit the US.

I also ask becuase I want to make sure that they do not drill front plate holes or apply the "Mini of San Francisco" sticker I will just have to remove. I imagine that is something I will be working out with my MA, but thought I would check.

Thanks
The two items you mentioned are dealer items. Call your MA and tell them not to do.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Speedu4ea
2nd Gear
Thank you SuperGreg. I'm getting black bonnet stripes are those at the dealer as well or VDC? Other then that I think most everything else I added should be at the plant. Anthracite Headliner, Comfort Access thing and the Mini Yours 17's in black were the only things we added not in a package.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Hey CR, tomorrow is the big day right?
You must be excited!
Please post up pics. I really want to see how those brake ducts turned out.
I'm excited for you. So exciting. When you show up and see Vincent in the showroom waiting for you, you will get goosebumps!!

Old 07-19-2013, 09:01 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Appreciate your enthusiasm, SG ! Appear a lot of the folks who took delivery sort of abandoned the thread but you hang in there with us Waiters! I'll do the same for those who are still left waiting after tomorrow.

Yep... very excited and man, is this going to be a LONG day !! Thankfully, work is super busy or the time would drag even more.

Yep... will do my best to post pics up sometime tomorrow !

Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Appreciate your enthusiasm, SG ! Appear a lot of the folks who took delivery sort of abandoned the thread but you hang in there with us Waiters! I'll do the same for those who are still left waiting after tomorrow.

Yep... very excited and man, is this going to be a LONG day !! Thankfully, work is super busy or the time would drag even more.

Yep... will do my best to post pics up sometime tomorrow !
I just remember how I craved stories, pictures, sound clips etc... While I was waiting. I keep coming back to offer answers, pics and whatever to satiate soon to be owners. I offer anyone waiting to live vicariously through me . I take requests for pics!!

You will soon feel the enjoyment as I did this morning when you let off the gas and hear a "pop" and "burble" like a race car it's intoxicating!!

Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Yeah... appriate the availability of living vicariously through you and your JCW, and the sound clips and such you post ! Made the wait more bearable ! And yeah, will like to return that favor to others pretty darn soon.

I think the exhaust is one of the things I'm most looking forward to.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Yeah... appriate the availability of living vicariously through you and your JCW, and the sound clips and such you post ! Made the wait more bearable ! And yeah, will like to return that favor to others pretty darn soon.

I think the exhaust is one of the things I'm most looking forward to.
It should be. Not sure why anyone would replace the exhaust on a JCW HT. it is beautifully built, and sounds amazing.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:38 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
It should be. Not sure why anyone would replace the exhaust on a JCW HT. it is beautifully built, and sounds amazing.
Yeah, will be nice to have a MINI that I won't feel like spending thousands of dollars modding. Exhaust = Good To Go. Horsepower = Good To Go. Aesthetics = just a couple of small things. Suspension = Maybe A Little Mod.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:49 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Yeah, will be nice to have a MINI that I won't feel like spending thousands of dollars modding. Exhaust = Good To Go. Horsepower = Good To Go. Aesthetics = just a couple of small things. Suspension = Maybe A Little Mod.

Yup, a rear sway bar, good to go!

Old 07-19-2013, 10:56 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Well, always something, isn't it ?

MA: The Chili Red stripes that MINI Graphics sent don't match. They didn't realize it until they went to install them today and pulled the paper backing off.

MA is seeing how fast they can get another set.

Asked him to see of a set of Chili Red sport stripes can be cut to fit but I bet they are too short.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Speedu4ea
2nd Gear
Wow CM, you have the patience of a saint. I would be going bonkers. I hope they figure it out and fast! Hang in there.

I was invited to Mini of SF's, Mini vs Fiat vs VW battle royale this Saturday. Should be fun and I can't wait to see what kind of Mini I will get to drive. Kind of curious what the Fiat drives like as well.

Either way its a good excuse to talk to my MA again and make sure they don't drill the bumper or apply thier sticker. I think I am going to get the Cravenspeed plate mount and do not want the holes.

Cheers

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group