1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 05:02 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
CR what would we do with out all your good chatting on here... We enjoy your company
Thanks. This is an awesome thread for chatting. After we all take delivery, we should have a 2013 Owners Random Thoughts Thread or something.

Originally Posted by IamLili
And you thought I was overly patient by waiting until the end of the month...! Look at you go!
You were, Lili ! And so am I !

Hey, did I miss it or have you posted pics of yours not hiding behind trees from 30 yards away ?? Teasing. Appears we'll be getting our pretty close to the same time. :-)

Old 07-20-2013, 06:14 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
No, don't consider myself old at all. Still act and feel like I did 20 years ago, for the most part.

Just based on the law of percentages and this board is full of younger people... must be, considering how many of them like to black out all their chrome.
I'm 57. Other than my telltale white hair (think Bill Clinton), I'm in great physical shape, look good (IMO), act and feel like I did in my college days. I'm mystified by the slowness of the aging process, but nonetheless thrilled with my good fortune!

I am 100% retro in my thinking when it comes to vehicle appearance. I love chrome and simply cannot grasp the modern blackout look. Much of the beauty of an automobile lies in the glistening shine of chrome wheels, door handles, and bumpers.

Being conservative by nature, I feel more constrained then some of my fellow 50+ peers in terms of exterior trim. When I order my Roadster, he JCW exterior trim package and Black Jack mirror caps will likely be the extent of my modifications. No stripes.

I applaud you older guys with a greater flair for trim and other mods.

Dave

Old 07-20-2013, 06:26 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Seems a good number of us MINI owners that have been around longer than Minis have been made are here on the board, Dave.

And yeah, I think there is a lot of truth in the old adage, you're as young as you feel. I work with some people who are less than five years older than me but they look and act like they're 65 or older.

And your love of chrome is just another reason I'd like to have a couple of beers with you some day -- on top of exchanging stories about some of our crazy claims/lawsuits.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:29 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Chrome is retro, keep it!! I don't get the black out thing. Just like center speedo is retro, keep it.
I'm not such an young guy (45) but I plan on replacing the headlight and taillight rings with black. Not the badges or door handles though. Not sure about the chrome ring around the cabin. I'd like to, but that is a lot of taping and plastidip spray.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:38 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Hey NAM... Get that damn Fiat ad out of here ! We went to see more MINIs !!

Top of the page, side of the page... enough of the Italian invasion !

Old 07-20-2013, 06:55 AM
etidd01
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better s Fiat than the Dodge Dart ad I have to look at...or the eHarmony one

Old 07-20-2013, 07:00 AM
PepperClubby
2nd Gear
No, don't consider myself old at all. Still act and feel like I did 20 years ago, for the most part.

Just based on the law of percentages and this board is full of younger people... must be, considering how many of them like to black out all their chrome.
Haha, turning 54 next month. I joke my MINI is for my midlife crisis. Wait a minute, I just did the math and something doesn't add up.

Anyway, all 3 girls are through college now so it's time for daddy to get a little somein somein (sp?)

Old 07-20-2013, 07:04 AM
guevasd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SneakyBaron
I hit my 1200 Thursday :P
Awesome SneakyBaron! Go MINI!
haha I keep thinking of that MINI Connect - MISSION CONTROL voice, "GO MINI!" My wife started getting annoyed. Good thing it was on until 1200 miles.. haha

Old 07-20-2013, 09:40 AM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
At the dealer.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image.jpg  
Old 07-20-2013, 09:50 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by WolfsBane
At the dealer.
Omg, gorgeous!!

Old 07-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Spa2k
4th Gear
At the dealer.
I just checked with your dealer. If you give him some money, they'll let you drive that beautiful MINI home!

Old 07-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Speedu4ea
2nd Gear
Congrats to everyone taking delivery today! I'm off to the dealer for what I consider to be at least, an odd driving event. Going to be driving a Fiat, VW something (Golf?) and a Mini.

Hey, at least its a good excuse to go down and talk to my MA about a few things I want done.

Happy motoring to everyone who no longer has to wait!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:31 AM
tugmcerlain
1st Gear
Toledo Pics from Thursday

Here are a couple pics my wife took of the Toledo on thursday while it was docked in Baltimore. Wish she had the guts to trespass, but these shots will have to do.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-toledo1.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-toledo2.jpg  
Old 07-20-2013, 11:42 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks. This is an awesome thread for chatting. After we all take delivery, we should have a 2013 Owners Random Thoughts Thread or something.

You were, Lili ! And so am I !

Hey, did I miss it or have you posted pics of yours not hiding behind trees from 30 yards away ?? Teasing. Appears we'll be getting our pretty close to the same time. :-)
I think it's a great idea to have a 2013 Owners Club Thread! Especially since it's the last year before the next redesign!

And you couldn't miss a Bayswater! Those stripes and mirrors that don't match...

Old 07-20-2013, 01:58 PM
EHans
5th Gear
At the dealer.
Hey! Way to go WB! Looks sharp. You have a 400mi trip ahead of you right? Man, that will suck.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:10 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Seems a good number of us MINI owners that have been around longer than Minis have been made are here on the board, Dave.

And yeah, I think there is a lot of truth in the old adage, you're as young as you feel. I work with some people who are less than five years older than me but they look and act like they're 65 or older.

And your love of chrome is just another reason I'd like to have a couple of beers with you some day -- on top of exchanging stories about some of our crazy claims/lawsuits.
My wife and I were in Baltimore (Camden Yards) for an Orioles vs. Indians game a couple weeks ago. Great place for a few beers and good baseball!

Old 07-20-2013, 02:23 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Ok, I've uploaded a few pics of Lana in this thread for Official Light White owners.

Something is wrong with her steering though, or the odometer. My daily commute is just under 20 miles a day, but:
  1. I keep finding myself not anywhere near my normal route, suggesting a steering wheel issue
  2. I accumulated well above the 58-59 miles I should have this week, suggesting the odometer is messed up in addition to the steering problem

I will say this, when the Xenons are on bright and the driving lights are on, it absolutely lights up the area in front. It hurt my eyes to pull in the garage like that.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
Ok, I've uploaded a few pics of Lana in this thread for Official Light White owners.

Something is wrong with her steering though, or the odometer. My daily commute is just under 20 miles a day, but:
[*]I keep finding myself not anywhere near my normal route, suggesting a steering wheel issue[*]I accumulated well above the 58-59 miles I should have this week, suggesting the odometer is messed up in addition to the steering problem

I will say this, when the Xenons are on bright and the driving lights are on, it absolutely lights up the area in front. It hurt my eyes to pull in the garage like that.
Cingratulations, she's a real beauty! I love the black wheels with the white!!

Old 07-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At the dealer.
Scarlett looks FANTASTIC, Wolfsbane. Now, can they throw in the flooring for your garage.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:34 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
@ WB.... wowzers, even nicer than I was expecting !! CONGRATS !!! She's a real looker !!

@ E.... what, making us go to another thread to see your pics ?! Congrats, he looks outstanding. Classy color choices !!

@ Dave,,,, if you're up in the area sometime and want to meet for a ballgame, let me know. I'm a diehard Phillies fan but also a baseball fan so if it's the Orioles, not a problem. Yes, Camden Yards, just a skip and a jump from the Inner Harbor is a nice venue to see a game. Glad I'm not there today though.... yikes, it's a scorcher today!

Old 07-20-2013, 03:49 PM
EHans
5th Gear
@ E.... what, making us go to another thread to see your pics ?! Congrats, he looks outstanding. Classy color choices !!
Well, I didn't want to spam pics everywhere, and I figured the Light White Owner's thread is where they belonged.

I'll feel better when she has her stripes, but that is probably a month away. I did get the Cravenspeed Flexpod installed last night so my white iPhone has a place to sit and give me directions.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:56 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Nah, you get a new MINI, you're entitled to bomb the board with tons of pics in all sorts of threads. That's my intention, anyway.

You going with traditional black bonnet stripes, the countryman stripes... not sure what they are called but I call them pitchfork stripes, or something custom ?

Old 07-20-2013, 04:45 PM
PepperClubby
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by EHans

1. I keep finding myself not anywhere near my normal route, suggesting a steering wheel issue
  2. I accumulated well above the 58-59 miles I should have this week, suggesting the odometer is messed up in addition to the steering problem

Love that light white and black combo. Wish it was a choice for my Clubby.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:53 PM
PepperClubby
2nd Gear
At the dealer.
Sweet, and on the showroom floor! Show car.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:12 PM
guevasd
3rd Gear
WB: nice, looking good!

E: congrats, looks great. Amazing how accurate not normal is for driving to work and gome.

CR: we just got back from Bmore, fed hill, down to fells point, through some neighborhoods up to lexington market then down to inner harbor. Took some pics at fells point, didnt leave the car anywhere else cause of the crazy heat though.
When you all head out for a beer, call on me, i've got a quik motoring trip up to Bmore

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group