1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:34 AM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning to all my fellow Mini owners and future Mini owners.

We picked up Scarlett on Saturday morning. Transactions went smooth..., still about 4 hours by the time we finally left about 1:30pm, (but partly due to us asking more questions than normal on services and the maintenance/service plan). I have taken one picture at the dealership, and posted it as we were waiting on the paperwork. I apologize for the poor picture quality... lighting was still pretty subdued on the Mini floor. We plan on taking some picture in the daylight, and I promise I will post them.

So far, extremely impressed with the Roadster S. The Chili Red and Chrome theme on the exterior was a bit of a concern to me when I first ordered the car because I was fearing that, depending on materials used, it would come off a bit "cheap". But the combination turned out to be visually stunning. As we were driving west to the coast, other drivers kept gawking at the car and giving us thumbs up, (my Honey spent a good bit of time waiving back with a big smile). Always a comment when we stop somewhere. And lots of questions... apparently, the Mini Roadster is still a bit of an unknown to the general public in these parts. The interior is fantastic. And I can honestly say that, so far, only about a tenth of my driving time has been with the top up, which at about interstate speed limit here, the car is surprisingly quiet for a "ragtop" type vehicle. I'm also glad that I went with the 16 inch rims and tires, as they seem to provide the right balance between performance and comfort for this car.

We are already making arrangement to put on a Clear Bra on the car. It is well worth the investment. And I have also made the decision that stripes will diminish, not enhance, the look of this specific theme. So... no stripes. There is something about the car that takes me back to the Hot Rods of old... and yet, she also has a lot of qualities that endears her to folks that love modern performance cars. She is never going to dust off a Ferrari on a street race... but aesthetically, she certainly gets the looks, the nods, and she is most definitely a topic of pleasant conversation with other drivers. Only thing is that... its kind of weird getting nods and complements from drivers of performance cars that cost twice what I paid for her.

More to come soon... Motor On!

Last edited by WolfsBane; 07-22-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
E, I think your dealers and the exception, not the rule. None of the ones in this area are open on Sundays. Cool for you though !
It's a violation of state law for dealers to be open here. (Otherwise, when would I be able to shop???)

Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome, WB ! So glad you're enjoying the Roadster !

I thought the pic from the dealership was pretty good but look foward to some more !

Learn anything interesting from all your questions about the service plan ? Did you get it at a good price ?

Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 AM
EHans
5th Gear
That's great WolfsBane!

This 2013 group should be wrapping up soon. I assume someone has started a 2014 support group on this board somewhere.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 AM
atlantaellis
1st Gear
A plug for PoochStyle's MINI cargo mats!

OK, I am STILL waiting for my Countryman S ALL4 to be delivered to the dealer, which of course will happen this week while I am away on a business trip. I ordered Pooch Style's custom made cargo mat (black with cream piping to match my piano black and polar white leather) to protect my baby from dogs, Home Depot runs, yard supplies, etc. I made the investment in PoochStyle over the MINI cargo mat protector because of design (it allows the seats to be up, down, or split) and I couldn't be happier... My order arrived within a week (and beat my car delivery!), the owner hand wrote a thank you note for me and my pup, enclosed a few Milk Bones, and the mat is GORGEOUS! I am even more excited to pick up my car. I couldn't recommend this company more to new MINI owners.

I will post pics as soon as I recieve my car! (BTW, I am a customer and in no way related to or profit from PoochStyle, I am just a satisfied buyer and LOVE a superb small business!).

Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atlantaellis
OK, I am STILL waiting for my Countryman S ALL4 to be delivered to the dealer, which of course will happen this week while I am away on a business trip. I ordered Pooch Style's custom made cargo mat (black with cream piping to match my piano black and polar white leather) to protect my baby from dogs, Home Depot runs, yard supplies, etc. I made the investment in PoochStyle over the MINI cargo mat protector because of design (it allows the seats to be up, down, or split) and I couldn't be happier... My order arrived within a week (and beat my car delivery!), the owner hand wrote a thank you note for me and my pup, enclosed a few Milk Bones, and the mat is GORGEOUS! I am even more excited to pick up my car. I couldn't recommend this company more to new MINI owners.

I will post pics as soon as I recieve my car! (BTW, I am a customer and in no way related to or profit from PoochStyle, I am just a satisfied buyer and LOVE a superb small business!).
I got a pooch style cover for my R56 too. After a while, my pups chewed off the cords that attached to the window suction cups. I mailed the cover back to them, and they repaired and shipped back free of charge. Great customer service!!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Speedu4ea
2nd Gear
That is odd as heck to me that your dealers close on Sunday. Specially since that is the day we ordered ours and the place was pretty busy. Never would have occured to me they could have been closed when we drove over.

So happy for everyone getting their Mini's but please keep the pics coming. I think I have the longest wait still unless someone wants to chime in. Looks like our Mini has just left the paint shop. Thanks to that long boat ride its looking like first week of September still. Feels so far away, so yes more pics!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:46 AM
etidd01
4th Gear
Originally Posted by atlantaellis

Do you know if it covers the entire seat? Hard to tell from the pictures on their website...Does it cover the doors too? This is the one things that endears me to the MINI one. Please post some pics with the cover on after you take delivery! Thanks and congrats!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WolfsBane
And I have also made the decision that stripes will diminish, not enhance, the look of this specific theme. So... no stripes.
Congratulations on the new car and your carefully considered decision to maintain the natural beauty of your MINI! Perhaps you and I can start a support group for Chili Red MINI owners without stripes!

I've got No. 1 - What number would you like to be in CROC-No BS (Chili Red Owners' Club-No Big Stripes)?

Name:  54620141-d2f8-4156-9e46-836ddca5e153.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  116.1 KB

Old 07-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Royalty joins our group

The announcement of today's big event in England should be posted in this support group, since the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William were among "Those waiting for a 2013!"

Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spa2k
The announcement of today's big event in England should be posted in this support group, since the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William were among "Those waiting for a 2013!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86sIvw3bhzU
Ha Ha.. awesome vid! We must congratulate them also! +1 cheers

Old 07-22-2013, 03:05 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Old 07-22-2013, 03:08 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like we all picked a good year!!!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
Looks like we all picked a good year!!!
In case you missed it, this is also the 50th Anniversary of the Mini Cooper S and the 100th Anniversary of the Oxford plant, so if your MINI fits into either or both of those categories, you now own a very special (and potentially rare) depreciating asset!

Name:  a33eb662-5a1c-4d10-9100-2d7e86688c5e.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  24.9 KB

Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Spa2k
In case you missed it, this is also the 50th Anniversary of the Mini Cooper S and the 100th Anniversary of the Oxford plant, so if your MINI fits into either or both of those categories, you now own a very special (and potentially rare) depreciating asset!

woo sweet . . . though I'm guessing it would have to be the cooper S classic hard top to be meaningful

So where do you get that sticker?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Hey, 01.. waiting not so patiently to hear how your visit with your MINI and your MA went today.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Hey, 01.. waiting not so patiently to hear how your visit with your MINI and your MA went today.

Yeah, and we are waiting when the heck you are getting your car too

Old 07-22-2013, 05:41 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
I'd say Saturday but the last time I said that, I got a call on Friday afternoon that I didn't like. Going to keep my mouth shut this time.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good morning to all my fellow Mini owners and future Mini owners. We picked up Scarlett on Saturday morning...
Glad that everything worked out and you're enjoying your new Roadster.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:17 PM
guevasd
3rd Gear
Good morning to all my fellow Mini owners and future Mini owners.

We picked up Scarlett on Saturday morning. Transactions went smooth...,
Congrats again. Nice choices and thoughtful decisions.

Hopefully lots of waves from other MINIs as well, I saw about 20 today and only 2 waved back. Have only seen one roadster on the road. Maybe I need to add the save the wave sticker Mod, that's like 5hp gain right? Haha

Old 07-22-2013, 06:20 PM
etidd01
4th Gear
Sorry...was eating dinner and hanging with the prettier half.

Still more to look at with the stripes: not sure how anyone could make an informed decision looking at a 1/8" x 1/2" sliver of color and get an acurate judgement. I'm having my MA try to get a hold of a larger sample and also get the color code for the neon green. As of this second, the colors don't match cllose enough to my liking (which is a bit of a bummer). As a back up, I contacted Mini Motoring Graphics and they can match any Pantone color which gives me more options.

I didn't scope your JCW, CR, but I did check out those painted wheels and you're correct, too orange. Good choice to wait.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:24 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Here are the promised pictures taken with an iPhone.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-rdstr-s-front.jpg  

Last edited by WolfsBane; 07-24-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
No worries... your prettier half always gets priority over talking to a bunch of MINIacs on the board.

That's all the bigger piece of vinyl they got for you ? Assuming you held it right up to one of your mirror caps to see the colors in the same lighting, same angle, etc. Bummer... and doesn't give me a lot of confidence they're going to match up the red with my stripes, although Chili Red has to be an easier match than your neon green. When will they have another piece of vinyl for you to look at ? Can't imagine it would be more than a day or two.

Yeah, and the red color on those wheels really looks too orange if you have them close to a car with chili red... I had them hold it up next to that JCW Coupe in the showroom and it was obviously not a good match. Yeah, better off waiting than having my wheels painted a non-matching red.

Snap any photos of your CM while you were there ??

Old 07-22-2013, 06:28 PM
guevasd
3rd Gear
Here are the promised pictures taken with an iPhone.
Very very nice!

Old 07-22-2013, 06:30 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Thanks for the pics, WB ! Quite a beauty... loving all that chrome ! Almost got those Championship Leather seats in mine...very sharp with the red piping.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group