1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:37 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WolfsBane
Here are the promised pictures taken with an iPhone.
Very nice. Love that you got the full sized speedo like me.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TG.
So where do you get that sticker?.
I have no idea, but someone should turn it into a badge.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:34 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spa2k
In case you missed it, this is also the 50th Anniversary of the Mini Cooper S and the 100th Anniversary of the Oxford plant, so if your MINI fits into either or both of those categories, you now own a very special (and potentially rare) depreciating asset!

How very true!! I think I might scan this and make up a few stickers! Or it would make a nice badge as well.. I think someone hand mentioned that before!! I could have the decal made..but where do we get those badge holders! cheers!!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
How very true!! I think I might scan this and make up a few stickers! Or it would make a nice badge as well.. I think someone hand mentioned that before!! I could have the decal made..but where do we get those badge holders! cheers!!
I suspect the artwork originated with MINI, since a similar design was on a large banner at the Oxford plant during the anniversary celebration there. So, I'm guessing it's not in the public domain, which means you can't use it without permission. I don't know where the specific art came from - somebody just sent it to me, I think, because they knew I was interested in MINIs.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
I suspect the artwork originated with MINI, since a similar design was on a large banner at the Oxford plant during the anniversary celebration there. So, I'm guessing it's not in the public domain, which means you can't use it without permission. I don't know where the specific art came from - somebody just sent it to me, I think, because they knew I was interested in MINIs.
Haaaa rats . . .

A like this very much! great choice. Still waiting here for the car to leave the UK . . . I guess we're going to have to get her a name I presume . . .

Old 07-23-2013, 03:39 AM
etidd01
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
That's all the bigger piece of vinyl they got for you ? Assuming you held it right up to one of your mirror caps to see the colors in the same lighting, same angle, etc. Bummer... and doesn't give me a lot of confidence they're going to match up the red with my stripes, although Chili Red has to be an easier match than your neon green. When will they have another piece of vinyl for you to look at ? Can't imagine it would be more than a day or two.
Yeah, the vinyl guy just left his "color strip" which had approximately 15 colors. I'm definitely glad that I went down there and didn't just go with my MA telling me that they weren't 100%, but very close; they weren't close enough. Hopefully, he can have something this weekend...which means another trip down there (my wife will be annoyed with me taking that trip as we have company this weekend).

I was able to calm myself down a little after my visit last night: these changes can be done after I take delivery and there is no reason to settle for anything less than exactly what I want.

Oh, and Torino is supposed to dock in Baltimore on Monday!!! Might be able to take delivery when my mother and sister are in town!

Old 07-23-2013, 06:13 AM
drugarth
1st Gear
ack!...just heard that my estimate delivery date of my MINI Coupe changed from "end of august" to "later half of october" :-( ...WTH?? anybody know of reasons for these kinds of delays, perhaps factory closing for the summer?? any1 else experiencing this?
Not to happy with MINI right now :-(

Old 07-23-2013, 06:14 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by drugarth
ack!...just heard that my estimate delivery date of my MINI Coupe changed from "end of august" to "later half of october" :-( ...WTH?? anybody know of reasons for these kinds of delays, perhaps factory closing for the summer?? any1 else experiencing this?
Not to happy with MINI right now :-(
Did your MA give a reason?

Old 07-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice new pics, Wolfsbane. Your new Roadster looks fantastic. I was trying to figure out what I was seeing on the passenger side floor area that looked red in the last interior pic. I thought you went ahead and did custom floor matts. Red with black trim might be interesting.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:52 AM
drugarth
1st Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
Did your MA give a reason?

The dealership has not given any good reason yet, except just to state what the new estimate delivery date will be....They did hint that the delivery date could shift because of summer holiday at the MINI factory....but this is out of proportion...from 6-8 week to 16 weeks delivery time.........aah well gotta practice being patience I guess....but first will have a firm talk with the dealership to see what happend here:-)

Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Hey CR, what's up with your car? You should be breaking it in by now.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Weak_Sauce
1st Gear
Add me to the "no longer waiting" list!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-mini_1.jpg  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Hexley
1st Gear
Originally Posted by drugarth

The dealership has not given any good reason yet, except just to state what the new estimate delivery date will be....They did hint that the delivery date could shift because of summer holiday at the MINI factory....but this is out of proportion...from 6-8 week to 16 weeks delivery time.........aah well gotta practice being patience I guess....but first will have a firm talk with the dealership to see what happend here:-)
I'd imagine they're retooling the factory over the summer. My MA told me that their allocation for August and September was practically zero cars due to this.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:14 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Hey CR, what's up with your car? You should be breaking it in by now.
Remember... they went to put on the stripes last Friday and the ones sent by MINI Graphics that I custom ordered in Chili Red, a color MINI has been using since the year of inception... did not match my roof.

So they are getting vinyl this week and cutting and installing stripes for me.

Should be getting it THIS Saturday but I don't want to jinx myself and say that again.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:18 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Remember... they went to put on the stripes last Friday and the ones sent by MINI Graphics that I custom ordered in Chili Red, a color MINI has been using since the year of inception... did not match my roof.

So they are getting vinyl this week and cutting and installing stripes for me.

Should be getting it THIS Saturday but I don't want to jinx myself and say that again.
Wow

Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Yeah, how can MINI Graphics screw up making stripes in a color that is as old as the Mini itself ??

Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Yeah, how can MINI Graphics screw up making stripes in a color that is as old as the Mini itself ??
Skip the stripes, get your car!!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Speedu4ea
2nd Gear
Released to Carrier

Looks like my Mini is waiting for a train and is all built! Then it's time to start trying to figure out which boat it's on. We are trying to think of a name and so far my five year old doesn't quite get the concept of a nickname. She wants to call her Red Rocket Fire Sparkle or Sparkle Red Flame Car. Everything is centered around the Chili Red color and involves no less then 4 words. Oh, and it has to be a girl.

We'll see if I can explain it better. She does love the idea of it being born tho and can spot a Mini on the road like no other 5 year old. Sadly, I think she can wait better then I can.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:10 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Skip the stripes, get your car!!
Didn't we already go thru this on Friday ??

Old 07-23-2013, 10:11 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Speedu4ea
Looks like my Mini is waiting for a train and is all built! Then it's time to start trying to figure out which boat it's on. We are trying to think of a name and so far my five year old doesn't quite get the concept of a nickname. She wants to call her Red Rocket Fire Sparkle or Sparkle Red Flame Car. Everything is centered around the Chili Red color and involves no less then 4 words. Oh, and it has to be a girl.

We'll see if I can explain it better. She does love the idea of it being born tho and can spot a Mini on the road like no other 5 year old. Sadly, I think she can wait better then I can.
Tell her to leave out the "Sparkle", CR is one of the few remaining non-metallic paints left and that's one of the reasons it's SO GREAT !

Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Isn't your car just about out of warranty by now? The dealer should give you an extended warranty just for the trouble!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Isn't your car just about out of warranty by now? The dealer should give you an extended warranty just for the trouble!

as of tomorrow, they will have had it for TWO WEEKS. Two weeks to paint the brake duct inlets, put on a full bonnet clearbra, and stripes.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:42 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

ROFLMAO. I heard that the dealer is really not rushing things since its the only JCW they have available for test drives.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:46 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Thank Goodness somebody is driving it ! I've been concerned it's setting around too long without being driven !

Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Speedu4ea
2nd Gear
Im feeling a little like the last kid picked for baseball. My MINI to be named later is just at the point were ASK-MINI is finally ahead of the OL. I'm waiting on a carrier to take her to port while everyone left here seems to be waiting on final stripes, personalization, and pick up or is happy motoring.

How often did you all call those first 3 weeks? I usually just check the automated information becuase I don't want to be a pest. Did any of you bug your MA or ask for a representitive when calling ASK MINI to get better info?

I'm so the wrong personality type for ordering something. For instance CR, I aplaud your abilty to wait. When we ordered our 2004 mini the stripes were delayed. I picked it up anyway and added them myself later. I need help, I know.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group