1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 04:12 PM
SneakyBaron
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Spa2k
The Internet is full of complaints about the metal seat belt tongue getting stuck between the seat and the door, causing trim damage when you close the door. (The plastic slide does it too, besides being prone to always being in the wrong place.)

While fooling around with the seat belt, I discovered there's a probably unintentional but still handy (and free!) seat belt "holder" on the B pillar. When you retract the seatbelt, the tongue fits perfectly upside-down in the slot in the trim for the belt. The tension from the retractor holds the tongue in place like it was magnetized, and it's very handy to grab the belt when you want it. I leave the passenger-side seat belt tongue stowed this way whenever that seat's empty, and it hasn't rattled or fallen out (although sometimes the belt flutters a little bit) at speeds up to 70 with the windows and sunroof open. I also unsnapped the plastic slide from both belts; the one on the passenger side always rattled against the B pillar trim, no matter where it was positioned.

Someone with a body style other than an R56 should see if this works in his or her car. BTW, the MINI/BMW seat belt holder in the accessories catalog that attaches to the headrest posts is worthless.

For R58, and I would assume R59, this works perfectly since they have their own little stand/pillar. Didn't rattle once during my 5 hour road trip varying from 20mph to 80mph yesterday:

Old 07-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SneakyBaron
For R58, and I would assume R59, this works perfectly since they have their own little stand/pillar. Didn't rattle once during my 5 hour road trip varying from 20mph to 80mph yesterday:

Last edited by Spa2k; 07-29-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Very nice CR! Great color coordination . . . some of you guys have shown beautiful cars and some custom selection that make me jealous . . . I should have pushed my wife for something else than Kyte Blue with black strips (it wasn't my first choice :p but the car his primarily hers so it's good concessions). And I'll find ways to make it special somehow. I found that kite blue his hard to customize

Actually, I'm probably the only person that has exterior chrome brake vent and rear light inserts in hand before the car

If anyone has suggestion on how to find kite blue color vinyl sheet let me know! thx

Old 07-29-2013, 05:01 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 310 Likes on 222 Posts
I've been following this thread from the sidelines while waiting for my wife's 2013 Clubman S to arrive. Took delivery about 10 days ago. This is her first MINI.

Name:  IMG_6528_zps8ddccabd.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  117.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6544_zps8925640d.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  70.2 KB

Old 07-29-2013, 05:34 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<<whistles>> sexy, Jack ! Very nice Clubbie. Of course, black/white/red combinations or any two of them really are my taste !

Spa... thanks for that tip. I had some seat belt rattle this morning when hitting even the slightest bump so that will come in handy. Never heard any of our first gens do that, must be an R56 thing (?).

TG... thanks very much, appreciate the compliment !

Old 07-29-2013, 06:17 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JackMac
I've been following this thread from the sidelines while waiting for my wife's 2013 Clubman S to arrive. Took delivery about 10 days ago. This is her first MINI.
Damn, one of the hottest looking clubbies I have ever seen!! Congrats and welcome

Old 07-29-2013, 06:21 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Spa2k
The Internet is full of complaints about the metal seat belt tongue getting stuck between the seat and the door, causing trim damage when you close the door. (The plastic slide does it too, besides being prone to always being in the wrong place.)
On the CM, the plastic slide holds its place pretty well, so when it retracts, it pulls the seat belt thingy all the way up out of the way of the door. Should it not hold in the future, I've already decided I'll sew a button or something where it needs to be to not allow the thing to get jammed in there.

I don't want to have to remember to put it up into that slot.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 PM
EHans
5th Gear
That is nothing short of Awesome! I love the Clubman, and that is among the best I've seen!

Old 07-29-2013, 06:25 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Hey Jack... you going to paint those brake calipers red ? Would multiply your hotness factor by .24827.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:43 PM
PepperClubby
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=JackMac;3783068]I've been following this thread from the sidelines while waiting for my wife's 2013 Clubman S to arrive. Took delivery about 10 days ago. This is her first MINI.
Very nice JackMac from a fellow Clubby lover. I decided to go with the Clubman to fit my bike in. What was you and your wifes motivation?

Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Damn, one of the hottest looking clubbies I have ever seen!! Congrats and welcome
Thanks. She picked the color, I helped with the details

Originally Posted by EHans
That is nothing short of Awesome! I love the Clubman, and that is among the best I've seen!
Really impressed by the versatility of the Clubman.

Hey Jack... you going to paint those brake calipers red ? Would multiply your hotness factor by .24827.
Already looking into the JCW brake kit. It could use a bit more bite when stopping.

Originally Posted by PepperClubby
Very nice JackMac from a fellow Clubby lover. I decided to go with the Clubman to fit my bike in. What was you and your wifes motivation?
We cross shopped a variety. Considered an X1, but she really liked the Clubman test drive. The decision was clear after the first mile or so, and we configured and ordered within a few days. I have the cross bars for it and plan to get the MINI touring bike holders.

Last edited by JackMac; 07-29-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:22 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
JCW brake kit will give you plenty! Just be careful your face imprint doesn't end up on the steering wheel.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CR...your MINI looks........AWESOME!!!! Well done on every part!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
JCW brake kit will give you plenty! Just be careful your face imprint doesn't end up on the steering wheel.
With the sunroof and auto trans, it is one of the heavier configurations. We both felt that a bit more brake might help. Will bed in the pads and then decide in a week or two.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:44 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
+1

I've seen the WS/CR combination in person and it really looks stunning. Well done!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks. She picked the color, I helped with the details

Really impressed by the versatility of the Clubman.

Already looking into the JCW brake kit. It could use a bit more bite when stopping.

We cross shopped a variety. Considered an X1, but she really liked the Clubman test drive. The decision was clear after the first mile or so, and we configured and ordered within a few days. I have the cross bars for it and plan to get the MINI touring bike holders.

Here are both of our 2013 MINIs

JackMac...that's a Nice pair of MINIs!!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Project
2nd Gear
I guess I can join the club. Put down a deposit for the "last build slot" they had for an R56. Had to drive a ways since the local didn't have any.

Also checked out the GP...bit too much $$$$ for me lol. Sick looking car though.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Bitchin' black Clubby, JackMac, and the garage mate isn't bad either! BTW, the X1 (with the M package) was the vehicle I would have bought if I hadn't test-driven a JCW hardtop. Nice to know I'm not the only one with such exquisite (weird?) tastes!

And nice of you to sneak in under the deadline, Project. We need to have someone here to shut off the lights when the last '13 R56 is delivered (although some of us may refuse to leave) ...

Last edited by Spa2k; 07-29-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 PM
chemistrus
1st Gear
JackMac...that's a Nice pair of MINIs!!
That is a nice pair pretty cool!!!

Old 07-29-2013, 10:22 PM
chemistrus
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TG.
Oh no! it's lost at sea! . . . it has not reported since Southampton and is no where to be tracked . . . I guess there's a point where too much information is no good, Ha ha!
Certain parts of the voyage the ship never shows up and suddenly it there. Like the Toledo left Panama and can't track it can't really track anything after it leave Panama and heads north kind of odd.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 PM
chemistrus
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LSLMINI
That would appear to be a much better solution if it works as described in their video - wonder if they yet have it for the 2013 and if there are any warranty issues with MINI?

Your comments on the insulation and heat make a lot of sense.

LSLMINI

LSL
Has anyone had issues with the bonnet causing the strips to peel cause of the heat? I did not get the strips but was thinking about adding them and a 3M paint Defender spray bra. But will get the heat shield if all that stuff will peel cause of the bonnet getting hot. I live in AZ its already freaking hot.
I wonder if I can get one of the grocery story guys to let me use the temp gun and see how hot the bonnet gets.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 PM
chemistrus
1st Gear

Hey Jack did you Dip the ring around the headlight or paint them the matching black? They look really sweet thinking about doing that to mine once its here. Its Chile Red MCS HT and want to paint the grill, head light rings and tail light rings black.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:01 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chemistrus
Hey Jack did you Dip the ring around the headlight or paint them the matching black? They look really sweet thinking about doing that to mine once its here. Its Chile Red MCS HT and want to paint the grill, head light rings and tail light rings black.
They are OEM gloss black headlight accessory trim rings from MINI. I had to vinyl wrap the headlight washers to match, since they were not part of the kit.

You can plasti-dip the trim for a matte finish, or wrap them in vinyl too. Lots of options.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:36 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Hey, Zippy !! Good to see you again, my friend !

Thanks, appreciate. Very happy with the way it came out.

+1

I've seen the WS/CR combination in person and it really looks stunning. Well done!
Thanks, Jack. Yeah, the pics do it no justice, the colors in person are outstanding together. The WS is gorgeous whether in it's white state or when it changes to the more silver look. And it really makes the chili red pop. Of course, black and red is stunning as well.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:14 AM
arnmsctt
1st Gear
If anyone else's build is on the Torino, it reached Baltimore today. Mine still needs shipped to Columbus, OH, but at least it's in the states.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group