1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
but 6701 is so far off from those, it may be that the 398XXXX is the S since mine is a justa. Yes I also got a dealer slot when I ordered. Hopefully some movement soon.
My dealer put the order in yesterday (4th Sept) and I got the production number straight away.... 6702....

I wonder if the first four numbers are the dealer...I ordered from Mini of Fairfield Country, CT

Old 09-05-2012, 04:36 PM
skylinezx
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe on The Dragon

For those fellow motorers who shared the birth of my Coupe with me, you'll be happy to know that it is finally, OFFICIALLY broken in -- it had its first run of The Dragon this morning

I'm lucky enough to live under an hour away and to be honest, it was my first time there!! I'll simply say that I used to think I knew some fun, curvy roads to drive -- but nothing else compares. It lives up to the hype.

If anyone is interested in seeing the Coupe on the dragon, check out this link and look for Sep 5th at 9:38 am and the return trip at 10:44 am.
http://store.129slayer.com/

I'm still grinning

Old 09-05-2012, 05:30 PM
micah608
1st Gear
Originally Posted by skylinezx
For those fellow motorers who shared the birth of my Coupe with me, you'll be happy to know that it is finally, OFFICIALLY broken in -- it had its first run of The Dragon this morning

I'm lucky enough to live under an hour away and to be honest, it was my first time there!! I'll simply say that I used to think I knew some fun, curvy roads to drive -- but nothing else compares. It lives up to the hype.

If anyone is interested in seeing the Coupe on the dragon, check out this link and look for Sep 5th at 9:38 am and the return trip at 10:44 am.
http://store.129slayer.com/

I'm still grinning
Sweet pics skylinezx. I did the dragon 2 years ago with my bike. The mini would be a blast too. Congrats on the new ride.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:29 AM
jacksongls
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered my Roadster S on 8/20, robocop just told me it finally went into production with an estimated completion date of 9/14.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:23 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
This is the Fidelio, it departs Southhampton on 9/25/12, with a 22 day ride to port in CA. I'll bet you it's our ship
I just noticed that a boat leaves on the 11th, sucks that we are going to miss that one by a couple of days! Could have had our newborns a fortnight earlier.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ukpylot
I just noticed that a boat leaves on the 11th, sucks that we are going to miss that one by a couple of days! Could have had our newborns a fortnight earlier.
Trust me, I saw that! True bummer!
I called them and asked them to place a car cover on my baby as she sits in the lot waiting to roll on the ship

Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
My dealer put the order in yesterday (4th Sept) and I got the production number straight away.... 6702....

I wonder if the first four numbers are the dealer...I ordered from Mini of Fairfield Country, CT
The ASK-MINI phone line says mine entered production today and will be complete on the 13th September. I feel pretty lucky!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
Whoohoo! Mini robot said I'm in production with scheduled completion of 09/13. I ordered on 08/25.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
GreyNation
2nd Gear
Blacked out grill and new scuttles. Hanging with his coupe buddy.

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-2320367541.jpg

Old 09-06-2012, 02:55 PM
LeeG
1st Gear
Production Completed

Our new Cooper S Bayswater production was completed on September 4, 2012. Took about 1 month from production number to completion for us. Mini robot says it's waiting to be released to the carrier. What's the best way to check to see if it's on a ship or just sitting at port. Owner's Lounge sucks for updating.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LeeG
Our new Cooper S Bayswater production was completed on September 4, 2012. Took about 1 month from production number to completion for us. Mini robot says it's waiting to be released to the carrier. What's the best way to check to see if it's on a ship or just sitting at port. Owner's Lounge sucks for updating.
Cool...my Cooper S Bayswater started production today. Specs?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GreyNation

Attachment 64251
Those are soooo sweeeet!

Old 09-06-2012, 03:09 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GreyNation

Attachment 64251
That PW/PW coupe is so gorgeous. Remind me how you made that happen?

Old 09-06-2012, 04:55 PM
GreyNation
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Slowride1

Those are soooo sweeeet!
Slowride1 - Thanks! That coupe is my MA's and it is incredible.

er. - The coupe belongs to my MA. He had the top custom painted when it came in. He also has custom leather interior in it. Needless to say its a sweet ride!

Old 09-07-2012, 06:22 AM
LeeG
1st Gear
Cooper S Bayswater Specs

Originally Posted by Stu
Cool...my Cooper S Bayswater started production today. Specs?
2013 Cooper S, Kite Blue Metalic, Bayswater Package w/black hardtop, bonnet stripes and mirror caps, 17" jet black sandblast rims & runflats, Full Tech Package with Nav (Includes Harmon/Kardon Audio & Comfort Access), Cold Weather Package (butt warmers & Folding Heated mirrors), Xenon Headlamps, Rectractable Headlamp washers, grand total $31,250. The pic is a 2012 in the showroom we got to play with, it didn't have nav system.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Make sure your order priority is correct

Well I'm a bit pissed at my dealer. I had placed a Clubman order on 8/11 and my order has been sitting at status "Vehicle is scheduled for production but no production date yet" for weeks. Then I noticed people in this forum who had ordered after me were getting their MINIs into production and some have completed.

One message on the forum (from ER I think) mentioned the priority listed at the top of the Vehicle Inquiry Report that I received when ordering. In my case, the dealership had given us one of their stock order slots so its priority was set to "Priority 3 --Priority Stock". They should have bumped it to "Priority 1 --Sold Vehicle". So I gather that MINI thought my Clubman was a for-stock order so it was pushed to the end of the build queue. There were probably a lot of Sold Vehicle orders back-logged due to the August factory shutdown.

I told them about this yesterday and they changed the priority. I guess it's too soon to see if the status has been affected yet. I checked this morning but no change.

So everyone should make sure their priority is correct.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
My car has slipped a day to Sept 13th - those damn lazy Brits lol Well, I was still clinging to some stupid hope my car would make the 9/11 boat but it is the Fidelio for sure now.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:36 AM
er.
3rd Gear
My car has slipped a day to Sept 13th - those damn lazy Brits lol Well, I was still clinging to some stupid hope my car would make the 9/11 boat but it is the Fidelio for sure now.
Come on now. You don't want them messing up and putting your steering wheel on the wron--I mean, other--side.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:58 AM
LeeG
1st Gear
Vessel Schedule

Does Mini still use Wallenius Wilhelmsen to transport the cars to the US. I checked the shipping schedule and the next departure dates are 9/16/12 and 9/18/12. Both ships won't reach Charleston, SC till October 2, 2012. My dealer is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. That would put my mini waiting time over 2 months, if we are able to make it onto one of those ships.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
You and me both! Mine still says 9/12.

Hey, you could burn up some time and make a signature with a pic like I did

Old 09-07-2012, 08:07 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Well I'm a bit pissed at my dealer. I had placed a Clubman order on 8/11 and my order has been sitting at status "Vehicle is scheduled for production but no production date yet" for weeks. Then I noticed people in this forum who had ordered after me were getting their MINIs into production and some have completed.

One message on the forum (from ER I think) mentioned the priority listed at the top of the Vehicle Inquiry Report that I received when ordering. In my case, the dealership had given us one of their stock order slots so its priority was set to "Priority 3 --Priority Stock". They should have bumped it to "Priority 1 --Sold Vehicle". So I gather that MINI thought my Clubman was a for-stock order so it was pushed to the end of the build queue. There were probably a lot of Sold Vehicle orders back-logged due to the August factory shutdown.

I told them about this yesterday and they changed the priority. I guess it's too soon to see if the status has been affected yet. I checked this morning but no change.

Great post! I just checked, and mine was priority 1. Explains why it went into production so quickly. I'm sorry you had to educate your dealer. The wait will be worth it in the end

Old 09-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LeeG
2013 Cooper S, Kite Blue Metalic, Bayswater Package w/black hardtop, bonnet stripes and mirror caps, 17" jet black sandblast rims & runflats, Full Tech Package with Nav (Includes Harmon/Kardon Audio & Comfort Access), Cold Weather Package (butt warmers & Folding Heated mirrors), Xenon Headlamps, Rectractable Headlamp washers, grand total $31,250. The pic is a 2012 in the showroom we got to play with, it didn't have nav system.
Nice! You ordered pretty much what I would HAVE done had I had no $$ limit. I currently have 911 as a daily driver (I couldn't afford two cars when I got it back in 2009) - it now has 45,000 miles on it so I wanted a second car to commute in. Had to be cheap and fun.

Fiat 500 Sport...way too underpowered....then I looked at the Abarth...but then my heart said to go back to a Mini. To cut a long story short I went from a $15,000 Fiat to a $28k+ Cooper S!

So for me: Kite Blue with stripes, All season tires, Xenon's, Rear Fogs, Arm-rest, heated mirrors, heated seats...I think that is it. I'm also going driving lamps I think...had them on my first Mini and I like the look. Luckily mine started production quickly as I started to think I should add more options!

Old 09-07-2012, 08:14 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
This is also important at the port. Cars that are Priority 1 - Sold get processed and delivered to dealers first, before all others. So if you aren't marked correctly you'd be facing further delays when your baby makes it to the States.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:19 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Great post! I just checked, and mine was priority 1. Explains why it went into production so quickly. I'm sorry you had to educate your dealer. The wait will be worth it in the end
I think it was your order that got me wondering what was going on. I just hope my post might save other folks the additional pain I'm going through.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:34 AM
James Burgess
1st Gear
Out of production and waiting for transport! PW/CR HT JCW

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group