1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 AM
er.
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel silly for getting caught up in this madness enough to even ask this, but is anyone else waiting to get on the next boat to Baltimore?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
I'm in the body shop.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:39 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
ASK MINI robot says She is in the paint shop. Estimated completion 9/13. Hope she gets on one of the ships leaving the 16th or 18th. Hopefully Molly Brown will remain unsinkable and get here safe and sound. Not sure I like her being born on the 13th but at least it is not a Friday. Really I just want her to get here in time for our road trip in October.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:51 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
ASK MINI robot says She is in the paint shop. Estimated completion 9/13. Hope she gets on one of the ships leaving the 16th or 18th. Hopefully Molly Brown will remain unsinkable and get here safe and sound. Not sure I like her being born on the 13th but at least it is not a Friday. Really I just want her to get here in time for our road trip in October.
I hear you--it's kind of a bad week for birthdays (glad mine was moved from the 11th to the 12th) but you can always fudge that a little..it's not like you'll need to get her a social security number or anything.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 PM
mosherrskl
2nd Gear
If you're silly, I am too. We're waiting for a ride too, but I think to NYC/NJ instead. We'll race you! Red Rules!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 PM
youngdoc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by er.
I feel silly for getting caught up in this madness enough to even ask this, but is anyone else waiting to get on the next boat to Baltimore?
I am. I think we are probably waiting for the Tonsberg to mosey its way down to Southampton, which apparently it will not get around to doing until September 18th, following stops in Germany and Belgium. From there it heads directly to Baltimore, arriving on September 27th. See here:
http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF

I believe this is our girl:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=249904000

And this is what she will look like arriving in Baltimore Harbor:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/billmca...os/5684011352/

I'll see your silliness and raise you one!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by youngdoc

I believe this is our girl:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=249904000
I'll see your silliness and raise you one!
I don't know...I'll see your girl and raise you a K-line.
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...php?lid=986528
(departs this friday 14th, arrives 24th)

several people who've posted all their dates have managed to get on their boat 2 days after completion. i guess we'll know soon.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 PM
youngdoc
2nd Gear
I just read that the MV Tricolor, the doomed ship laden with BMW's, Volvo's, and Saab's that sunk back in '02, was traveling the same route as the Tonsberg -- from Zeebrugge to Southampton. It was also operated by Wilh. Wilhelmsen. Hopefully we don't get some sort of 10 year storm...

Old 09-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Beti
1st Gear
Got updated to In The Body Shop (or Shoppe I suppose since we're talking UK here :-). Still show a completion date as 9/13. I'm not sure what their definition of "completion" is since it still has to go to paint, assembly and QA. But I'm happy with any progress.

Just hate to sit here watching the dwindling number of sunny fall days going by with a roof over my head - ha.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:02 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Beti
Got updated to In The Body Shop (or Shoppe I suppose since we're talking UK here :-). Still show a completion date as 9/13. I'm not sure what their definition of "completion" is since it still has to go to paint, assembly and QA. But I'm happy with any progress.

Just hate to sit here watching the dwindling number of sunny fall days going by with a roof over my head - ha.
There's a delay to ASK-MINI, so it was probably actually in the body shop yesterday.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM
youngdoc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by er.
I don't know...I'll see your girl and raise you a K-line.
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...php?lid=986528
(departs this friday 14th, arrives 24th)

several people who've posted all their dates have managed to get on their boat 2 days after completion. i guess we'll know soon.
Mine left the factory five days ago. It just missed getting on the Fedora, at least with respect to timing. I wouldn't mind the five days that would be shaved off if it got on the Athens Highway, though!

Old 09-13-2012, 04:59 AM
LeeG
1st Gear
Still waiting for a boat ride

Our Bayswater finished on September 4. At port on the 6th. As of yesterday it's still waiting for a boat ride. Not sure what port it will be coming into. Dealer is in Louisiana.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:24 AM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by youngdoc
I wouldn't mind the five days that would be shaved off if it got on the Athens Highway, though!
I'll see what I can do, doc.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:25 AM
er.
3rd Gear
Is anyone here thinking about Motor Tober? Baltimore told me that they will probably have theirs on Oct 6. Waiting until that day would save me another $750. Then I leave the country for 2 weeks on the 10th. This will require a fair amount of discipline.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:36 AM
babsmike
3rd Gear
My new MINI has a completion date of 9/14. How do you go about finding what boat it would be on when it ships across the pond? I'm in Pensacola, Florida? Soooo anxious to get her, it's killing me. I hate waiting....

Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Slowride1
I'm in the body shop.
I was yesterday too...now the paint shop. I would have thought they would have sprayed it all before putting it all together...with a completion date of tomorrow there seems a lot to do. To the uneducated me it seems a bit ****-backwards! But I trust they know what they are doing...not their first Mini!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 AM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Barbara Wolfe Clairain
How do you go about finding what boat it would be on when it ships across the pond?
This question has been asked and answered several times within the last few pages here. There is also a "sticky" at the beginning of the 1st gear section that has all the information you will need. Here is the link to that info:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

Here are the direct links to the shipping schedules again:

WW:
http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF

K-Line:
http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

Just look for the starting point (which will depend on which vehicle you ordered--reading that tracking sticky note will tell you everything you need to know) and which port yours will be coming to (this will be on your paperwork that you got from the dealer when you ordered the car). Please read the (very long) sticky section.

Bottom line is: you won't know what boat it's getting on until it gets on it. Your MA can also help with that.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
I was yesterday too...now the paint shop. I would have thought they would have sprayed it all before putting it all together...with a completion date of tomorrow there seems a lot to do. To the uneducated me it seems a bit ****-backwards! But I trust they know what they are doing...not their first Mini!

I'm in the paint shop .

I was thinking the same thing about the process.

Funny thing was I had a competion date of the 13th, then it changed to the 18th, but I think all that is left is assembly and quality check? Wouldn't think it would take 5 days to finish? But at least she is another step closer to getting to me.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
She was born today. Ask mini says she was released to carrier now let see how fast she can get here.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:27 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LeeG
Our Bayswater finished on September 4. At port on the 6th. As of yesterday it's still waiting for a boat ride. Not sure what port it will be coming into. Dealer is in Louisiana.
More than likely from what I Can figure out it will come in GA.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Pit Crew
1st Gear
I just heard that my new car (Smirk Jr.) is on the ship "TORINO" and due in Port Hueneme, CA 10/03/12. A week or so later than I'd hoped when I ordered back on 07/21/12. Still, it's awesome to know he is on his way here.

Good luck to all of us. The only race now is will the wait kill me before my wife does if she gets tired of me grumbling the days.

Ted.

Last edited by Pit Crew; 09-14-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:48 AM
er.
3rd Gear
Robot says "your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit." I doubt I'll get on the K-Line boat that leaves today, as it's already 10:45am over there. At this point I'm just happy it's almost done spending time in Jolly Olde England and I think I'll try a new tactic: sit back and wait, maybe stay off the forums etc.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by er.
Robot says "your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit." I doubt I'll get on the K-Line boat that leaves today, as it's already 10:45am over there. At this point I'm just happy it's almost done spending time in Jolly Olde England and I think I'll try a new tactic: sit back and wait, maybe stay off the forums etc.
Robot says mine is complete and is awaiting release to a carrier. I'm guessing it will be three weeks from now if everything goes smoothly....9/10 days to NJ...a couple of days there, day up to CT, a few days prep and installation of dealer accessories.

I say if everything goes smoothly because: When I first moved to the US 12 odd years ago I ordered a BMW and had the same wait....car got to NJ, dealer told me it would be a couple of days and then it went missing! Turned up in Georgia a week later...was put on the wrong transporter...

Old 09-14-2012, 06:13 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LeeG
Your Vehicle Inquiry Report shows the port of entry! Your MA can tell you this

Old 09-14-2012, 06:16 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woo Hoo!

According to the robot, my car is at the port "awaiting a vessel"

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group