1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM
TwoYutes
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA just called. Sunday at noon, i pick her up!

Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Okay, now I'm really confused. My MA said he didn't have any updated info from at port waiting. So, me being curious, to make sure I hear them right I called the Robot again and now it's telling me that it's at the port waiting for a vessel. Has anyone had this happen??? Any clues as to what might be happening?

Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TwoYutes
Yay, you must be so excited.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Pit Crew
1st Gear
Interesting stats about manual transmissions. I live in Los Angels and have noticed more and more manuals on the road over the last 5 years. That slight backwards roll from a full stop is a good clue.

My 2013 MINI is mid-Atlantic right now on the TORINO. Manual transmission. Cannot wait. Come to think of it, I've had 4 cars and 3 motorcycles. Never owned an automatic. I find it disheartening to think that they may become hard to find in the next few years.

Ted.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:19 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Barbara Wolfe Clairain
Okay, now I'm really confused. My MA said he didn't have any updated info from at port waiting. So, me being curious, to make sure I hear them right I called the Robot again and now it's telling me that it's at the port waiting for a vessel. Has anyone had this happen??? Any clues as to what might be happening?
Maybe what happened to mine happened to yours? The WW site shows that my car is booked on the ship that left Monday, but it did not get on the boat (as the website clearly shows that the car was returned to shipper).

My robot never said it was in transit though, but maybe you called when MINI thought it was on the boat but, for whatever reason, it didn't actually make it?

Hopefully this is just a hiccup on the robot's part, even though I hate all of you who are on a boat right now

Old 09-21-2012, 12:40 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Barbara Wolfe Clairain
When I was waiting for my car to get out, I once got a message that it was in transit. When I went back later it was back to waiting for a vessel. I eventually realized that I probably mistyped my production number and got one that had a different status.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:49 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by qrysdonnell
When I was waiting for my car to get out, I once got a message that it was in transit. When I went back later it was back to waiting for a vessel. I eventually realized that I probably mistyped my production number and got one that had a different status.
At first I was thinking that's what happened, but after the first time hearing in transit I called back to talk to a person just to verify it. At that point after I heard the in transit again I then asked for the person she asked me to verify my address and then she gave me my production number so I could verify that. So I think once you put your number in for the robot to check they have record of it. Does that make sense?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TwoYutes
CONGRATS! Saturday will be a loooong day .

Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
youngdoc
2nd Gear
Ever wondered what it looks like inside the boat that your Mini is sailing on? Here's a great video of the Tonsberg (which mine is on right now), the largest RoRo ship in the world. It is part of a class of vessels known as "Mark 5" ships:

And interestingly, not only is it carrying a bunch of turbo-engine equipped cars, it RUNS on a turbo engine itself, recycling exhaust to create power.

Pretty neat!

Old 09-21-2012, 01:57 PM
er.
3rd Gear
For those who think I didn't have to wait long--I ordered on August 9, production started Sept 4. I waited plenty long! (The 2 week shutdown was in there.)

Stu/youngdoc: my slot is also marked July 24 even though I hadn't ordered yet. I know for a fact that my slot was "borrowed" from MINI of Manhattan (I'm in Baltimore), but I can't say I really care about this slot side-story

I see that youngdoc is so antsy about this that he's writing term papers about the ship now.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 PM
youngdoc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by er.

I see that youngdoc is so antsy about this that he's writing term papers about the ship now.
"The Mini Ordering Saga: a Journey Through Insanity"

Yes, that will do nicely...

Old 09-21-2012, 03:23 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by er.
For those who think I didn't have to wait long--I ordered on August 9, production started Sept 4. I waited plenty long! (The 2 week shutdown was in there.)

Stu/youngdoc: my slot is also marked July 24 even though I hadn't ordered yet. I know for a fact that my slot was "borrowed" from MINI of Manhattan (I'm in Baltimore), but I can't say I really care about this slot side-story

It not that you didn't have to wait. It just some of us have been waiting longer. I ordered mine Aug 1st, and I'm not even on a ship yet, not to mention it has a long road trip once it hits port.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:06 PM
gezz81
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by youngdoc
Ever wondered what it looks like inside the boat that your Mini is sailing on? Here's a great video of the Tonsberg (which mine is on right now), the largest RoRo ship in the world. It is part of a class of vessels known as "Mark 5" ships:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75eDfM75rD4

And interestingly, not only is it carrying a bunch of turbo-engine equipped cars, it RUNS on a turbo engine itself, recycling exhaust to create power.

Pretty neat!
Very nice find sir!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75eDfM75rD4

Pretty neat!
I can imagine how big that ship is. My ex husband was once stationed on a landing dock ship that carried 5 hovercrafts each the size of a football field. That ship was small compared to the aircraft carriers he was later stationed on,, this looks even larger.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Trickster954
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
It not that you didn't have to wait. It just some of us have been waiting longer. I ordered mine Aug 1st, and I'm not even on a ship yet, not to mention it has a long road trip once it hits port.
Test drove July 27th, order went in August 3rd...production number was linked to an old 2008 build until Sep 4th when it went into the paint shop suddenly...now it's on a boat finally! Thank goodness I've been busy at work and planning my wedding, only have about 30 minutes each day to obsess! Putting ASK-MINI on speed-dial (with all of the menu entries preprogrammed) helps me maximize my obsession time!

Old 09-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
"The Mini Ordering Saga: a Journey Through Insanity"

Yes, that will do nicely...
Actually, that's pretty impressive. It makes you understand where some of the 'destination' charges go! ...it also explains why the VDC sometimes has to make some repairs...did you see how close those vans were to each-other?!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Okay, so my long awaited Mini has finally finished production and is awaiting transportation to the ship. It's funny while I was researching buying a Mini, I thought all this obsessing on the Mini was insane. I am now part of that insanity and totally get it! I dream about my Mini, post FB status updates and may even create a FB page for my Mini. Yes, I am INSANE! Looks like I will be obsessing for quite some time. I don't expect to take delivery on my car until NOVEMBER!

Old 09-22-2012, 05:38 PM
nerferder
2nd Gear
Those who's shipping to the Baltimore port.. I did see a WW ship there today when I drove past! Your Mini could be on there, wish'ed mine was... Would've went to the ship and been like "ok, give me my car!"

Old 09-22-2012, 08:34 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
finished production 9/14, received at port 9/17 scheduled on the topeka 9/24 for NYC 10/03. I'll be missing the 9/30 delivery, which could have saved $500, but I didn't order until 8/25, so i really think I'm doing well.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:43 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PW Baker Street
finished production 9/14, received at port 9/17 scheduled on the topeka 9/24 for NYC 10/03. I'll be missing the 9/30 delivery, which could have saved $500, but I didn't order until 8/25, so i really think I'm doing well.
Did you learn of your booking on the ww site?

Old 09-22-2012, 09:11 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
Did you learn of your booking on the ww site?
yes, I just kept entering my VIN number, it just came up tonight. I have also found that it looks as thought i should be able to follow the Topeka, which just hit the Belgium port,

Old 09-22-2012, 10:08 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PW Baker Street

yes, I just kept entering my VIN number, it just came up tonight. I have also found that it looks as thought i should be able to follow the Topeka, which just hit the Belgium port,
I am still not coming up on the ww site. I completed the 13th and reached the port on the 14th. I am hoping Molly made the Kline that left on the 14th. It may just be wishful thinking.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Ok I have decided that since ER ordered after me and PW Baker ordered way after me and was completed after me and they are both showing booked on ships. My Molly must have made the Athen's Highway that left on the 14th and I am just going to stop worrying about it.

I know there really isn't any chance of my really doing so, but maybe if I say it enough times it will convince myself not to worry. I guess next week will tell.

Thanks for putting up with me and trying to keep me sain.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:48 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by nerferder
Those who's shipping to the Baltimore port.. I did see a WW ship there today when I drove past! Your Mini could be on there, wish'ed mine was... Would've went to the ship and been like "ok, give me my car!"
That was probably the Courage--I think it was due in about now.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:08 AM
LowcountryScout
1st Gear
I understand the VDC prep and inspection. But is the dealer prep and inspection the same thing? I'm assuming they do an inspection after every transport?

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group