1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by youngdoc
Thanks for posting this! I think mine will dock on the 28th, so maybe in Cleveland by the 3rd, dealer options and pick up by the 5th. Sweet!
So when did you all talk with the accessary person about the dealer options you would like to add?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:04 PM
youngdoc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Slowride1
So when did you all talk with the accessary person about the dealer options you would like to add?
Some of the options you (may) choose when you design your car online are actually applied by the dealer, not the manufacturer. I think my chrome bonnet scoop and chrome tail pipes were in that category, among other things. I think some or most or all of the stuff that falls under "Mini Motoring Accessories" is in this category.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PW Baker Street
Well I made the Topeka, loaded at 10 AM this morning. Miniusa status is still waiting for a ship. Molly heard anything?
How did you find out you are on the Topeka?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:53 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PW Baker Street
Well I made the Topeka, loaded at 10 AM this morning. Miniusa status is still waiting for a ship. Molly heard anything?
Nope not a thing. Just checked the ww site and called Ask Mini to double check.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Pathy01
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Barbara Wolfe Clairain
How did you find out you are on the Topeka?
I'm also on the Topeka. If you go to Track your MINI on the MINI Owner's Lounge, then click on Review Order Detail, you can get the VIN of your car. If your car is being shipped via WW, you can go to the site: WW Tracking and then enter the VIN under Cargo ID, then click Track.

If you're really bent on tracking every movement, you can go to http://shipfinder.co/ then click on Map Options.. Search and put in Topeka for the Vessel name. It's give you the live location of the ship along with it's path.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Pathy01
I'm also on the Topeka. If you go to Track your MINI on the MINI Owner's Lounge, then click on Review Order Detail, you can get the VIN of your car. If your car is being shipped via WW, you can go to the site: WW Tracking and then enter the VIN under Cargo ID, then click Track.

If you're really bent on tracking every movement, you can go to http://shipfinder.co/ then click on Map Options.. Search and put in Topeka for the Vessel name. It's give you the live location of the ship along with it's path.
Still no info.. So I'm guessing I'm still sitting and waiting for a ship.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 PM
LowcountryScout
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Barbara Wolfe Clairain
If we didn't make the Topeka that left today then the Don Juan the 29th or the Athens Highway on the 26th and the Florida Highway on the 28th with K-Line. Who knows.
I don't think it'll be the Athens Hwy or Florida Hwy. Those are scheduled to depart Brunswick on the 26th & 28th. The only K-Line on Southampton's schedule remaining is the California Hwy and that departs on the 28th. Followed by the Juan on the 29th. SOOooo, If we haven't left by next week, we're in T-R-O-U-B-L-E and may as well go buy a Prius. J/k about the Prius.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 AM
youngdoc
2nd Gear
Just as a point of interest, my car has been sailing along on the Tonsberg since the 19th (confirmed via VIN #) and neither the OL or 866-ASK-MINI have been updated -- both think I'm still waiting for a boat. Great system!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:10 AM
LeeG
1st Gear
Almost on American Soil!!!

Got an update from my MA that our mini is scheduled to make landfall on Wednesday, September 26th in Brunswick, GA. This would confirm that we've been making our voyage on K-line's Athens Highway with a last reported position leaving Baltimore in Chesapeake Bay this morning at 2:00am and has an estimated arrival in Brunswick Sept 26th at 12:30. (www.shipfinder.co) (not .com, .co) Can't wait! MA said about a week from landfall to dealership.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 AM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LowcountryScout
I don't think it'll be the Athens Hwy or Florida Hwy. Those are scheduled to depart Brunswick on the 26th & 28th. The only K-Line on Southampton's schedule remaining is the California Hwy and that departs on the 28th. Followed by the Juan on the 29th. SOOooo, If we haven't left by next week, we're in T-R-O-U-B-L-E and may as well go buy a Prius. J/k about the Prius.
Dang, I've been looking at the schedule wrong...

Old 09-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by youngdoc
Some of the options you (may) choose when you design your car online are actually applied by the dealer, not the manufacturer. I think my chrome bonnet scoop and chrome tail pipes were in that category, among other things. I think some or most or all of the stuff that falls under "Mini Motoring Accessories" is in this category.
Ok. Thanks!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 AM
smohr33
Neutral
Anybody else waiting on a car off Tombarra?

My wifes car rolled off the boat last Thursday 9/20, and it's still at the VDC as of today. The dealer is only about 40 miles from the port so hopefully transport will only take a day. I was hoping to pick the car up by the end of the week or this weekend!

Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Hey uk, did you verify with your MA that its still at port?
Yeah he says it is still at the port "nothing to worry about". ASK-MINI agrees. All I can say is that it better get on the one leaving Saturday.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:10 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by smohr33
Anybody else waiting on a car off Tombarra?

My wifes car rolled off the boat last Thursday 9/20, and it's still at the VDC as of today. The dealer is only about 40 miles from the port so hopefully transport will only take a day. I was hoping to pick the car up by the end of the week or this weekend!
My Countryman was on the Tombarra. It's currently at the dealership (MINI of Manhattan) and apparently ready for its stripes to be installed tomorrow and we're picking it up on Friday. We could get it Thursday, but logistics for a late Friday pickup make a little more sense when you think about the realities of parking.

The OL did switch to saying it was at the dealer yesterday (I think it actually made it there Friday afternoon).

Old 09-25-2012, 12:32 PM
smohr33
Neutral
Originally Posted by qrysdonnell
My Countryman was on the Tombarra. It's currently at the dealership (MINI of Manhattan) and apparently ready for its stripes to be installed tomorrow and we're picking it up on Friday. We could get it Thursday, but logistics for a late Friday pickup make a little more sense when you think about the realities of parking.

The OL did switch to saying it was at the dealer yesterday (I think it actually made it there Friday afternoon).
Congrats. Ours is only going to Long Island so hopefully it gets there today or tomorrow, I don't see how it could take much longer.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
I ordered mine last week. The production number was used for another car. Still on order though. Plus I'm in San Francisco which I think means a *long* boat ride over followed by a long road trip.

I don't know how I'm going to last potentially three months.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Pathy01
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by smohr33
Congrats. Ours is only going to Long Island so hopefully it gets there today or tomorrow, I don't see how it could take much longer.
I'm on Long Island too. Which dealer did you order through?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:18 PM
JKBennett
1st Gear
Right there with you... Born on the 18th... still stuck at South Hampton

UGH

Old 09-25-2012, 05:26 PM
jacksongls
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me too, born sept 14. Still at the port. Trying to get to Georgia. Ugh indeed.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 PM
JKBennett
1st Gear
Kind of surprised that it takes a week or more for it to get on a ship after production........

Pepper White and BRG Hardtop (Green Park Pkg.)
Sport Seats
Armrest

Last edited by JKBennett; 09-25-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
How do you guys stand it? It has been 5 days since I ordered mine and I've checked the status page at least 20 times today. Still on order. I thought I had some measure of patience, but it turns out... no... no I do not.

At least once it gets into production I have a fairly decent idea of how long it'll take to get all the way over here, but right now, it could be 5 days before it goes into production or 5 weeks.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:09 PM
JKBennett
1st Gear
Ya never know...... I bought a 2012 Pepper White and Black mini a couple of months ago and LOVE it! I really need the other car as well though..

I do have to say that it is nearly impossible to gauge the schedule. The only ting I can think is that the factory was down for a month and they have fired back up so there is a lag.... Only my guess but... it is frustrating

Old 09-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
I ordered my wife's new car for her as a surprise. I'm surprised it's still sitting in Southampton after almost a week. My first MINI was on a ship the day after it left the factory. I'm hoping my wife's new toy is on the "Don Juan", the next boat out for NYC.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 PM
jacksongls
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aloisius
How do you guys stand it?
Honestly, it would be best if you could just forget about it. Leave it alone. Don't even think about it. And then in two months, you'll be very, very, very happy. That's what I would do...if I could.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:42 PM
JKBennett
1st Gear
I really never thought I was impatient but........

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group