1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:52 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rdowty
How did you determine it was on a boat?
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen shipping company website has this page to track your cargo https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage Put your VIN in the Cargo ID box on the right and it will show you if it is on one of their boats.

Mine says it was loaded onto the Fidelio on Saturday, around 2pm their time. I trust their cargo tracking system.

I don't believe the K-Line ships have this ability, though.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Luckyelfie
I just looked at the PH schedule and the Fidelio is scheduled to arrive on the 17th, but WW has it scheduled for the 20th. Am I reading it wrong?
When my car first arrived at the dock the Fidelio was scheduled to go out on the 27th (or maybe the 24th). Maybe the Port's calendar doesn't reflect the fact that the ship left later than originally planned ?

I'm hoping the port knows best

Old 10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
I'm worried because I have a bunch of 12 hour shifts starting on the 18th and don't have a day off till the 26th. Dealer closed when I go in and closed when I get off. May feel a little "sick" that week if it comes I early.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
BJM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ukpylot
And don't forget that the system is hideously behind some time. My car has been on the boat now for 2 days and the owners lounge, ASK-MINI, and my MA still say it is at the port waiting.
How do you know that? Is at the port waiting the same as awaiting transport?

Old 10-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
About how long does a typical MINI order take to go from "In Production" to being in the body shop? Once it gets to the body shop, how long does it take to be "born"? (I could swear I read somewhere that it takes 20 hours after the paint is cured?)

Also, will the ASK MINI robot specify what stage of production a MINI is in? Will the OL only say "In Production" until it's completely built and passed QA?

Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
I think it takes 8 days from start of production till its born.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
bmwr606
6th Gear
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Denzien
About how long does a typical MINI order take to go from "In Production" to being in the body shop? Once it gets to the body shop, how long does it take to be "born"? (I could swear I read somewhere that it takes 20 hours after the paint is cured?)

Also, will the ASK MINI robot specify what stage of production a MINI is in? Will the OL only say "In Production" until it's completely built and passed QA?
i don't remember all the intermediate dates, but i ordered my cms all4 feb 17, 2012 and took delivery march 31, 2012 at knauz auto in north suburban chicago

the day i ordered the cms all4, i was told i would have it the last week of march

scott

i do remember that the ask mini was always behind reality

Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's strange how my obsession is growing now that the process has begun...and believe me, I'm in no hurry to start making car payments again - but the first two weeks, I was checking once every 1-2 days...now it's several times per day (I suppose because I know how quickly the build process can be).

Thanks for the replies.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Molly, is there any chance she's on a KLine and no one knows it? I'm so sad your wait has been so long. The stuff about dealers makes no sense. If that was the case I'd imagine the hold up would be at the VDC not getting on a ship.
We are hoping that is the case. Two K lines have left since she has been there. However if that is the case the MA should know it is on the ship. She currently has no shipping data. She is going to look into it deeper today. She also knows I am not going to take a BS answer. In our conversations over the weekend she realized I knew more about what is occurring than she does.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Denzien
It's strange how my obsession is growing now that the process has begun...and believe me, I'm in no hurry to start making car payments again - but the first two weeks, I was checking once every 1-2 days...now it's several times per day (I suppose because I know how quickly the build process can be).
I seem to have had the opposite reaction. When it was on order, I checked 20 times a day. Now that it is in production and the MINI robot gave me an estimated completion date, I check once a day.

Of course, on October 5th when it leaves the factory, all bets are off.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
We are hoping that is the case. Two K lines have left since she has been there. However if that is the case the MA should know it is on the ship. She currently has no shipping data. She is going to look into it deeper today. She also knows I am not going to take a BS answer. In our conversations over the weekend she realized I knew more about what is occurring than she does.
You go girl....

Old 10-01-2012, 03:51 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike

Is that $750 towards an order or purchase that day?
Unofficially: a purchase from that day forward that is delivered before Jan 3 (approx). But some dealerships bend the rules for as-yet-undelivered orders.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:09 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Guys: I have several people I'd like to respond to, so this going to be a huge reply-bomb. Please forgive me, but I hope at least some of it is helpful.

Originally Posted by jacksongls
Pretty over it, think im gonna just stop worrying about it, stop checking on it, and just sit back and wait for the day the dealer calls.
Good luck with that: I swore that too...turned out I am a huge self-liar. I *did* leave the MA alone, just obsessively checked the online stuff and made a few (...) calls to ASK-MINI. It's not the MA's fault that they don't know what's up, and it's certainly not their fault when they give you an approximate time window and the works get gummed up at the port.

Originally Posted by Stu
I feel quite lucky I didn't order earlier than I did and got caught in the summer shut-down. Ordered on September 4th, will arrive in NY on the Topeka on October 4th.
I'm thinking that would have been the same time window? I think we're all sensing that the shutdown quickly became more of a backup even after re-opening.

Need to sell my car and try and arrange better financing! To me it feels like it is happening fast now. So so excited!
I'm jealous you are somehow able to tranpose your thinking into a "it's faster now!" even though the $ stuff is a pain in the ***.

OK will start a new post now.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:15 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by qais
Mine has always said invalid VIN.
I'm pretty sure invalid VIN means "no VIN yet."

Fidelio is scheduled to arrive on the 17th, but WW has it scheduled for the 20th. Am I reading it wrong?
This stuff changes daily. First I thought it was me copying the wrong dates down, but it sometimes changes even more than daily. I can't tell you which is which, but they will match up eventually...and then you'll know. Except for weather, that has the possibility of affecting it mid-ocean.

Originally Posted by MollyBrown
Hope to know something soon.
Personally, I would probably call and ask for another MA or a SM or even higher-up, since you are sensing incompetence. What's the worst thing that could happen?

hideously behind...been on the boat now for 2 days and the owners lounge, ASK-MINI, and my MA still say it is at the port waiting.
FYI I got on a boat September 18 which landed on schedule September 29, and the robot still says I'm at the port waiting. Once you have access to the WW tracking, calling the number is moot! Instead, add the ais marine trackers to your regular obsessive tracking. It's way more satisfying to watch those little buggers in motion.

Thanks for allowing for the threadbombing.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by er.
Unofficially: a purchase from that day forward that is delivered before Jan 3 (approx). But some dealerships bend the rules for as-yet-undelivered orders.
Spoke with my MA today and he said he'd take care of me...

Old 10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
The Topeka is off the coast of Nova Scotia, so now we can watch it move down the coast.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I can't find the Topeka listed since the 24th?

Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by er.

I'm thinking that would have been the same time window? I think we're all sensing that the shutdown quickly became more of a backup even after re-opening.

I just meant had I ordered sooner I wouldn't have got it any quicker (maybe a few days). Im quite satisfied with a 5-6 week...well maybe satisfied is not the exactly correct but you know what I mean.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
I just meant had I ordered sooner I wouldn't have got it any quicker (maybe a few days). Im quite satisfied with a 5-6 week...well maybe satisfied is not the exactly correct but you know what I mean.
I honestly have no idea what you just said. None of it. But that's OK As long as you're happy.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
scribbledpaper
the land of far, far away
The Torino docks in CA tomorrow!! My JCW Roadster is almost in America!!!

Old 10-01-2012, 06:39 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
I can't find the Topeka listed since the 24th?
Try this link
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=232872000

Old 10-01-2012, 06:41 PM
qais
1st Gear
Originally Posted by er.
I'm pretty sure invalid VIN means "no VIN yet."
What do you mean? I've had my VIN for a month and the car is already built. I was just curious why the phone robot didn't recognize my VIN but did recognize my production number. Am I the only one?

Old 10-01-2012, 06:44 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by qais
What do you mean? I've had my VIN for a month and the car is already built. I was just curious why the phone robot didn't recognize my VIN but did recognize my production number. Am I the only one?
Yikes, so so sorry. I misunderstood.
But the production number data is exactly the same. In a few years when the MINI online/phone stuff is improved (optimistic thoughts) we will read the "waiting for a 2020" and be all "Remember when that nonsense was like, weeks behind, and wrong every 10 minutes? you guys have it so easy..."

Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
jbat66
4th Gear
Current: 2005 MCS convertible, dark silver.
On Order: 2013 MCS Hard top, spice orange, premium, sport pkgs, HK stereo
Ordered: Aug 7 | Born Sep 13 | Booked on Ship Leaving: Sep 17 | Returned to Shipper: Sep 17 | Left Port on the Fidelio: Sep 29
I'm curious why you are changing from a convertible to a hardtop?

I just got my first convertible, and have been wondering if I will have problems. Like how long will it last. If I use it a lot will it wear out. What will it be like in the winter, how much does it cost to replace. etc. I'm not worried about it by any means, but just more curious. Thanks

Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by er.
Yikes, so so sorry. I misunderstood.
But the production number data is exactly the same. In a few years when the MINI online/phone stuff is improved (optimistic thoughts) we will read the "waiting for a 2020" and be all "Remember when that nonsense was like, weeks behind, and wrong every 10 minutes? you guys have it so easy..."
Robot recognizes my last 7 digits and still says I'm waiting at the port for a shipping vessel...

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group