1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
I just got confirmation that Molly has been fished out of the drink and is on the California Highway. Sort of appropriate since I learned to drive in California. I know that is a little scary, add to that I was taught by a race car driver and a truck driver.
Awesome... Will it make it in time for your trip?

Old 10-02-2012, 02:17 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike

Awesome... Will it make it in time for your trip?
At the same time that my MA was emailing me, I got the phone call saying that I got the job so the trip is now a move. It will be cutting it close. I am going to make then11th my last day at work so that I can go down to OKC and get Molly if she has made it there on the 12th. If not then my husband will fly back to the Midwest via OKC and pick her up.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 PM
jacksongls
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jacksongls
Yaaa mine was born over two weeks ago. Took a week just to get to the port and I'm still sitting around missing boats. Pretty over it, think im gonna just stop worrying about it, stop checking on it, and just sit back and wait for the day the dealer calls. Kind of like waiting for Christmas...hoping not literally.
Full disclosure: I have failed. It it is therefor proven that it is entirely impossible to forget it.

So...rejoining this. Just got an update from an Ask Mini rep that I've joined you guys bound for Brunswick GA, assuming on the California Highway as I was told that it is due to the VDC on October 8th. This is way different than when my MA told me yesterday that I was not on a ship yet and that she didn't expect my car to get there until the end of the month, maybe not even until early November...I'm thinking now that it will actually come much sooner, maybe end of next week. PSYCHED.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jacksongls
Full disclosure: I have failed. It it is therefor proven that it is entirely impossible to forget it.

So...rejoining this. Just got an update from an Ask Mini rep that I've joined you guys bound for Brunswick GA, assuming on the California Highway as I was told that it is due to the VDC on October 8th. This is way different than when my MA told me yesterday that I was not on a ship yet and that she didn't expect my car to get there until the end of the month, maybe not even until early November...I'm thinking now that it will actually come much sooner, maybe end of next week. PSYCHED.
At least your MA didn't tell you the only one that is allowed to give you info is her. I hope you get to drive your new baby very soon! Bummer with being in California it takes FOREVER to get here. I guess I should be grateful they built that darn canal.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:35 PM
qais
1st Gear
I'M WITH YOU GUYS!!! I called my MA only to hear that she isn't at work and that she'll tell me tomorrow. But before I threw a nervous breakdown/tantrum, I called MINI-USA and they confirmed! They also confirmed (along with a ship tracking site) that it will reach Brunswick on the 8th.

Looks like they actually were bunching us up onto 1 ship, and one that will go straight to Georgia. So I got delayed for 2.5 weeks, to be taken on a ship that takes 1 week less than the normal ships to reach Georgia. Not so bad I guess.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Kimberlyfour
2nd Gear
Mini S awaiting transport!!

Hi all. I am also waiting for my MINI. I ordered a black MINI S Hardtop about three weeks ago. I got the tech package, lounge leather seats, Xenon headlights, auto air and interior chrome. I just checked the MINI tracking and my car is awaiting transport! I am in California, so I'm not sure what my timeline will be. I am really excited, though I have to admit that I have also been stressed out and wishing that I had ordered differently.

I went with black at the last minute after debating between several colors and I am now regretting my choice. When I tried to change it a on the Monday after the Friday that I placed the order, I was told by the MA and the MINI phone rep that It was too late. I took their word for it and only later realized that the car isn't even painted first but on day 8 so I believe that they could have helped me. I actually even tried to call the VP of BMW, but I was unsuccessful and just transfered to a voice mail where I never got a response. I am frustrated with them and myself that I had every chance to order my perfect car but blew the order. Now, that being said, I an sure that I will love driving the MINI and maybe I will grow to love the color. In spite of all this, I am starting to get really excited that the car now exists and that it is sitting there over in England waiting for a ship!

Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Kimberlyfour
Hi all. I am also waiting for my MINI. I ordered a black MINI S Hardtop about three weeks ago. I got the tech package, lounge leather seats, Xenon headlights, auto air and interior chrome. I just checked the MINI tracking and my car is awaiting transport! I am in California, so I'm not sure what my timeline will be. I am really excited, though I have to admit that I have also been stressed out and wishing that I had ordered differently.

I went with black at the last minute after debating between several colors and I am now regretting my choice. When I tried to change it a on the Monday after the Friday that I placed the order, I was told by the MA and the MINI phone rep that It was too late. I took their word for it and only later realized that the car isn't even painted first but on day 8 so I believe that they could have helped me. I actually even tried to call the VP of BMW, but I was unsuccessful and just transfered to a voice mail where I never got a response. I am frustrated with them and myself that I had every chance to order my perfect car but blew the order. Now, that being said, I an sure that I will love driving the MINI and maybe I will grow to love the color. In spite of all this, I am starting to get really excited that the car now exists and that it is sitting there over in England waiting for a ship!
The way I understand it once your MINI enters production that's when no more changes can be made but until that time you can make changes. Was your MINI in production when you called to make the change?

Old 10-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
My Mini was a refundable deposit. I'm not sure if its a California thing or unique to the dealer. If yours is refundable, just order another one. Of course you will wait.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 PM
mosherrskl
2nd Gear
Called "Not Normal" sales event. MiniUSA site has the dates for dealers all across the country. It wants to sign you up for a test drive.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:21 PM
LowcountryScout
1st Gear
Its so weird...looking at marinetraffic.com I just noticed two K-Line RoRo (Durban Hwy & Florida Hwy) are anchored just off the coast here in Charleston. I don't know the schedule for the Durban Highway but I noticed the Florida was in port on 9/30 and next scheduled port is Bremerhaven on 10/17. I guess they finished their route and maybe here in town on "shore leave" until their next go-around. I'm assuming their crews may work a month and the next month they're off. I just thought it was funny that I'm sitting here waiting on a ship to get to Brunswick when I have two identical ships 10 & 16 miles offshore from my house.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 PM
BJM
3rd Gear
So the owner's lounge still says "awaiting transport". I just called ask-mini and got "your MINI is in transit, please contact your MA for more details" Up until now it is has always said "your MINI is awaiting transport, no further details are available at this time."... Does that mean I am on a boat?!?!

please say yes, please say yes, please say yes!

Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, you are on a ship!

Congrats

Old 10-02-2012, 05:46 PM
BJM
3rd Gear
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by qais
I'M WITH YOU GUYS!!! I called my MA only to hear that she isn't at work and that she'll tell me tomorrow. But before I threw a nervous breakdown/tantrum, I called MINI-USA and they confirmed! They also confirmed (along with a ship tracking site) that it will reach Brunswick on the 8th.

Looks like they actually were bunching us up onto 1 ship, and one that will go straight to Georgia. So I got delayed for 2.5 weeks, to be taken on a ship that takes 1 week less than the normal ships to reach Georgia. Not so bad I guess.
I am so glad that we have finally set sail. Congrats to all the others who also have a car on the California Highway.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Okay, has anyone looked at the weather forecast? Will Nadine effect the Ships course? Please tell me NO...

Old 10-02-2012, 07:14 PM
LowcountryScout
1st Gear
Originally Posted by qais

I would agree...I just wish I knew they would group the cars based on destination. Might have taken a little stress out my process. But Ultimately we're almost there! Anyone paying attention to T.S. Nadine? Its been floating around in the Atlantic for three weeks now. 65 mph winds and smack dad in between GA & the U.K. Its a big boat though and I have faith El Capitán will navigate around any risks.

Congrats MollyBrown on the move and job! I'm sure you can't wait to tear up those pacific mountain roads in your MC!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM
BJM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike
Okay, has anyone looked at the weather forecast? Will Nadine effect the Ships course? Please tell me NO...
You just jinxed it. Now the freighter is going to capsize and all of our vehicles are going to be on the bottom of the ocean

Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
Whoa the robot seems to have gone backwards in time. My vehicle went from in production back to scheduled for production with no date.

:(

Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BJM

You just jinxed it. Now the freighter is going to capsize and all of our vehicles are going to be on the bottom of the ocean
Should I mention that Molly Brown is unsinkable?

Last edited by MollyBrown; 10-02-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Souls I mention that Molly Brown is unsinkable?
That's what I'm counting on Molly Brown...

Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
BJM
3rd Gear
Should I mention that Molly Brown is unsinkable?
touche, lol

Old 10-02-2012, 11:44 PM
LowcountryScout
1st Gear
I just pulled up the Atlantic weather map. I think the Calf. Hwy. will just miss the T.S. and a low pressure system moving east. I did some math and predicted the Calif. Hwy. to be just NW of the Azores about now...We should be good to go! http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/A_sfc_full_ocean.jpg

Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 AM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LowcountryScout
I just pulled up the Atlantic weather map. I think the Calf. Hwy. will just miss the T.S. and a low pressure system moving east. I did some math and predicted the Calif. Hwy. to be just NW of the Azores about now...We should be good to go! http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/A_sfc_full_ocean.jpg
Oh my gosh, how in the world did you figure that out? That would be awesome. When will we get an update on the location of the ship? Once it gets closer to the states?

Old 10-03-2012, 05:29 AM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Where's your MINI headed?

Okay, all those MINI's that are on the California Highway, where are your final destination? Mine is going to Pensacola, Florida... I'm close enough to Brunswick, I could just go pick it up myself!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:36 AM
LowcountryScout
1st Gear
Easy...went to shipfinder.com to view the last known location before it went into "blackout" mode. Looked at its speed and the time difference. (Speed x Hours = distance traveled). It also gives the ships heading. mapped out the distance from the last known coordinates and it showed just outside of marinetraffic.com tracking range in the Azores. Makes sense to me but I am no mathematician so I could be wrong. Looked at the weather map and it almost looks like a "yellow brick road" so to speak going in between the poor weather. But like I said I could be wrong. We won't be able to track it until it arrives near the U.S. coast. Mine's coming to Charleston, SC.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group