1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:15 AM
BJM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stu
Ha...I wrote to my MA yesterday asking several questions including one about the incentive. He replied to all my other questions but that one!
My MA was one of the most pleasant human beings I have ever dealt with, and I not just talking about in a car dealerships. I have sent him various emails since I placed my order three weeks ago and he has always responded in a reasonable time and in good detail. I sent him an email this morning asking three questions, the second one being about the incentive. I hope he doesn't dodge it. I don't think he will.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:19 AM
BJM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Denzien
I wonder if the dealers have designs to use the incentive themselves, without crediting it to the customer?
I used to do that with rewards points at the place I used to work. Customers had a rewards card and they'd get a certain number of points depending on how much money they spent. I had a card because I also shopped there. I worked in the catering department and would charge out thousands of dollars worth of orders daily with credit card info given to me over the phone. When I went up front to ring it out, I'd always scan my rewards card before running their bill. I got a crap load off points in a unbelievably short time, and there was no harm done to to customer. They wouldn't have anyway of knowing unless I personally told them, and even then it still had no bearing on them. But I guess that's a little different than an MA taking an incentive for themselves.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BJM
My MA was one of the most pleasant human beings I have ever dealt with, and I not just talking about in a car dealerships. I have sent him various emails since I placed my order three weeks ago and he has always responded in a reasonable time and in good detail. I sent him an email this morning asking three questions, the second one being about the incentive. I hope he doesn't dodge it. I don't think he will.

That's cool. My MA is a very nice guy too. I think it will boil down to the dealership principal or finance guy more than the individual MA's.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Topeka: Incoming!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-topeka.jpg  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 AM
BJM
3rd Gear
So I got a reply from my MA covering both the transit details and some info about the incentive.

Hey Brian,
Here are the answers to all of your questions. Took a while to figure all this stuff out, but I got it. LOL Anyway,
1. Your MINI is supposed to land at the port in NJ on the 11th. From then it will usually take about a week or so to get here.
2. We can honor the extra $750 off, but under a couple conditions. You have to come to the event (ours is on the 20th) and register to get the credit. Then once you come and register, you can take delivery of your MINI. It will have to be during the week of 22nd. You can not pick up your new MINI until after the event to get the credit.
3. The roof rack will be no problem. Once your MINI arrives here at the dealership, I will order one and get it on for you.

Who can tell me what boat I'm on?

Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BJM
So I got a reply from my MA covering both the transit details and some info about the incentive.

Hey Brian,
Here are the answers to all of your questions. Took a while to figure all this stuff out, but I got it. LOL Anyway,
1. Your MINI is supposed to land at the port in NJ on the 11th. From then it will usually take about a week or so to get here.
2. We can honor the extra $750 off, but under a couple conditions. You have to come to the event (ours is on the 20th) and register to get the credit. Then once you come and register, you can take delivery of your MINI. It will have to be during the week of 22nd. You can not pick up your new MINI until after the event to get the credit.
3. The roof rack will be no problem. Once your MINI arrives here at the dealership, I will order one and get it on for you.
That's interesting. Mine won't arrive until two-three weeks after my dealer does the event. I wonder if I can still get the $750 off if I visit the dealership and sign up.

I ordered mine with a roof rack which my MA told me it was actually installed at the dock (sounds odd to me). I'm not sure if he meant in England or in California, but it is good to know they can install them at the dealership too.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 AM
BJM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Aloisius
That's interesting. Mine won't arrive until two-three weeks after my dealer does the event. I wonder if I can still get the $750 off if I visit the dealership and sign up.

I ordered mine with a roof rack which my MA told me it was actually installed at the dock (sounds odd to me). I'm not sure if he meant in England or in California, but it is good to know they can install them at the dealership too.
Well, mine may be a little different. When I went to purchase my MINI, I told the MA what I was looking for. He found one that was ordered several weeks earlier and abandoned by the person who was suppose to buy it. I was given the option to take over that order (good news for me, it was on a boat 13-14 days after I gave my deposit). It had everything I wanted and then some, with the exception of the roof rack. My situation may be a little different because the roof rack wasn't on my initial order as yours probably was.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 AM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BJM
Mine has got to get all the way up the east coast to Hartford CT
Why oh why is it coming to Brunswick. Seems like other ships deliver closer to you?

Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 AM
BJM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike
Why oh why is it coming to Brunswick. Seems like other ships deliver closer to you?
I don't think it is now. I'm not sure what boat I am on, but this is what my MA emailed me this morning.

"Your MINI is supposed to land at the port in NJ on the 11th. From then it will usually take about a week or so to get here."

Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Stu
3rd Gear

I think anything under the "Motoring Accessories" tab on the build your mini page is added after it leaves the factory. I assumed always at the dealer but I guess the VDC could do some also. My driving lamps are being fitted at the dealer

Old 10-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
I emailed my MA and he just cut-and-pasted the status report from MINI. It was, odd and I was wondering if someone could help explain.

It says Production Started 9/26/12 and that "151 Entry body shop/serial # assgn. 10/3/12" which seems a long time between production starting and it hitting the very first stage of production. They also give the following production dates (not sure what they all mean):

Production Dates: [Yr/Mo/Wk]
Quota [Yr/Mo]: 2012/10
Req. Prod: 2012/10/40
Sub. Req. Prod.: 2012/10/40
Conf. Prod.: 2012/10/40
Est. Prod. Date: 10/5/12
[Mo/Day/Yr]

The 40th week of the year started October 1st, but I'm not sure what Req. Prod or Conf. Prod means though.

At least I know my MINI isn't still in the queue though.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 AM
BJM
3rd Gear
I emailed my MA and he just cut-and-pasted the status report from MINI. It was, odd and I was wondering if someone could help explain.

It says Production Started 9/26/12 and that "151 Entry body shop/serial # assgn. 10/3/12" which seems a long time between production starting and it hitting the very first stage of production. They also give the following production dates (not sure what they all mean):

Production Dates: [Yr/Mo/Wk]
Quota [Yr/Mo]: 2012/10
Req. Prod: 2012/10/40
Sub. Req. Prod.: 2012/10/40
Conf. Prod.: 2012/10/40
Est. Prod. Date: 10/5/12
[Mo/Day/Yr]

The 40th week of the year started October 1st, but I'm not sure what Req. Prod or Conf. Prod means though.

At least I know my MINI isn't still in the queue though.

Write him back asking for it in English. You just bought a car from the guy. The least he can do is spend 2 minutes typing out a user friendly email. That's his job.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:33 AM
hollidayPJ
1st Gear
Jeff do you know waht date your mini was born? IT appears the minies born around 9-16-12 to 9-21-12 are on the California.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm back!

Long time member...Haven't been on this site for a few years. Just put a deposit on a JCW Countryman. Had a Countryman ALL4 S for a week twice as a loaner. LOVED IT....the All Wheel Drive is amazing! But it definitely lacks power and is too high. The JCW lower 0.5 inch and the extra HP torque and the 50/50 all wheel should make this car perfect! Can't wait...anyone know when they might start producing them? I figured the price press release was probably a good sign.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by greatgro
Long time member...Haven't been on this site for a few years. Just put a deposit on a JCW Countryman. Had a Countryman ALL4 S for a week twice as a loaner. LOVED IT....the All Wheel Drive is amazing! But it definitely lacks power and is too high. The JCW lower 0.5 inch and the extra HP torque and the 50/50 all wheel should make this car perfect! Can't wait...anyone know when they might start producing them? I figured the price press release was probably a good sign.
I read somewhere production starts in November for the 2013 Countrymans.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Andrew_C
2nd Gear
Broke 4500 miles on Edgar this week. Some people are telling me that I motor too much. :x

I've had him for 7 weeks!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hollidayPJ
Jeff do you know waht date your mini was born? IT appears the minies born around 9-16-12 to 9-21-12 are on the California.
I'm not Jeff but mine was born sept 13th and is on the California. I know quite a few born that week are.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 PM
qais
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
I'm not Jeff but mine was born sept 13th and is on the California. I know quite a few born that week are.
I am also not Jeff, and mine was born on the 12th. So it looks like more than one week of production were grouped onto the California.

My guess is that the shippers in Southampton had to make up for the sudden output of MINIs due to the August shutdown, and did so by filling the ships that went to NY/GA/SC with cars only going to NY VDC. Then any cars going to SC VDC would go on a ship straight there. Rather than splitting each ship with cars heading to 2 VDC's and slowing down the flow to both. Or not, I dunno

Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by qais
I am also not Jeff, and mine was born on the 12th. So it looks like more than one week of production were grouped onto the California.

My guess is that the shippers in Southampton had to make up for the sudden output of MINIs due to the August shutdown, and did so by filling the ships that went to NY/GA/SC with cars only going to NY VDC. Then any cars going to SC VDC would go on a ship straight there. Rather than splitting each ship with cars heading to 2 VDC's and slowing down the flow to both. Or not, I dunno
From what we saw here I think that is a pretty good guess.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BJM

Hey Brian,

Who can tell me what boat I'm on?
I'm also hoping to be able to advantage of the incentive. My Mini docks tomorrow in NJ, then transport which should take approximately a week, and the event is being held on the 13th, MA does not work Thursday so I'll call on Friday.

Researching roof racks, I believe installation is a simple job, which can be done at any dealer in a few minutes. Something that has been covered is watch the installation fees.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Kimberlyfour
2nd Gear
Babsmike, Yes The car was in production, but they don't paint until the 8th day, so why couldn't color be changed? Seems like that should have be easy. Luckyelfi, I guess I could cancel, but I would feel guilty about it. The dealer would then have to sell a car that I custom made, and my car seems to be quite different than the cars they list. They seem to carry all automatic, base MINIs. No connected/ nav or even any with lounge seats. Guess they are easier to sell.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kimberlyfour
Babsmike, Yes The car was in production, but they don't paint until the 8th day, so why couldn't color be changed? Seems like that should have be easy. Luckyelfi, I guess I could cancel, but I would feel guilty about it. The dealer would then have to sell a car that I custom made, and my car seems to be quite different than the cars they list. They seem to carry all automatic, base MINIs. No connected/ nav or even any with lounge seats. Guess they are easier to sell.
Kimberly if you go back a few pages there is a link to a national geographic mega factories program covering the mini. Everything is programmed and set, parts selected the first 5 days before anything actually gets built. So no I don't thing it would have been that easy to change the color.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:40 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Qwik
I'm about to become the owner of a 2013 JCW Coupe R58. Mine is sitting on the Carmen and it's coming down from New York today to Baltimore.
Am I missing something? Why the pitstop in NY? Or is that just the route that some of the boats take en route here (Baltimore)?

Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Kimberlyfour
Babsmike, Yes The car was in production, but they don't paint until the 8th day, so why couldn't color be changed? Seems like that should have be easy. Luckyelfi, I guess I could cancel, but I would feel guilty about it. The dealer would then have to sell a car that I custom made...
Your guilt should be alleviated by the $1000 "deposit" you gave them as a token of your appreciation in case you don't end up taking possession... (My dealership calls it a "non-refundable down payment" as opposed to a "deposit." No joke.)

The very first thing my MA told me was that he could change things right up until it went into production, but after that point they wouldn't be able to. Here's that Nat Geo link--any changes once it's in the line gums up the works.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
The mini robot has my car back to being completed October 5th so either it is going to jump from the Body Shop to the Paint Shop in 2 days or they aren't tracking where in the manufacturing process the car is too well.

Maybe other people don't track as obsessively as we do.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group