1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Miami Beach Jeff
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by babsmike
Where did you see where they changed the date?
MarineTraffic.com says the California Highway is out of range. Last report:

Voyage Related Info (Last Received)
Draught: 9.5 m
Destination: BRUNSWICK USA
ETA: 2012-10-08 01:00

Last Position Received
Area: Atlantic North
Latitude / Longitude: 47.84575° / -12.99909° (Map)
Info Received: 2012-09-29 09:42 (5d, 9h 55min ago)

Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM
jacksongls
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you see where they changed the date?
http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

Old 10-04-2012, 01:09 PM
jacksongls
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe that's when it departs Brunswick though...I dunno anymore.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Halldor
1st Gear
Yay!

I just found out my MINI is on the California Highway!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:09 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MarinePMI
From all that I see it's still coming in on the 8th. ??

Old 10-04-2012, 03:57 PM
LowcountryScout
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jacksongls
Maybe that's when it departs Brunswick though...I dunno anymore.
Yeah those are the departure dates...so I believe the 8th is still on!

Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
So all of you on the Topeka it has now left New York.....and arrived in New York. Yup two stops. It would seem Mini's get off at the second stop

Last edited by Stu; 10-04-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:14 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LowcountryScout
Yeah those are the departure dates...so I believe the 8th is still on!
Great.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
So all of you on the Topeka it has now left New York.....and arrived in New York. Yup two stops. It would seem Mini's get off at the second stop
That would be may assumption also, looking at the map it looks as though the second pier has all the cars. Hoping for the off load report in the morning.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
My boat a few weeks ago stopped first in Jersey City and then went to Elizabeth the next day. The BMW VDC is right next to the Jersey City dock. It's just north of it.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Does anyone know, once the cars get to port how long does it take to go through VDC and trucked out?

Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Does anyone know, once the cars get to port how long does it take to go through VDC and trucked out?
My car landed in Jersey City, and made it to Manhattan late Friday. So it didn't spend long at the VDC. Granted it didn't have to wait for a truck, based on the mileage on the speedometer it looks like someone drove it the 8 miles to the dealer (there were 9 miles on the car when I got it).

Cars may take longer at the VDC if there was damage in shipping. And if you want to get scared about that, look at the video about WW ships and see how close the cars inside are parked to each other!

For me it took my dealer longer to get the car ready for me. They got it on a Friday and didn't put my stripes on until Wed and I picked it up on Thurs. That seems to be a longer dealer wait than some have experienced. I think it's generally safe to assume you'll have your car about a week after it lands. Your MA should make an appointment for pick up then.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
youngdoc
2nd Gear
My dealer called today and my Mini has arrived! I'm picking it up on Saturday, once all the dealer add-ons are complete. This will likely be one of my last visits to this thread - PM me if I can help, otherwise thanks for the company during the waiting and I will see you all in some of the other owner threads!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by youngdoc
My dealer called today and my Mini has arrived! I'm picking it up on Saturday, once all the dealer add-ons are complete. This will likely be one of my last visits to this thread - PM me if I can help, otherwise thanks for the company during the waiting and I will see you all in some of the other owner threads!
Yay! Congrats! Post pictures before you say goodbye!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:53 AM
qais
1st Gear
Just wanted to say a couple things. Miami Beach Jeff, yours is surely on the California Highway alongside mine which is also coming to Miami. Which dealership did you order through, I ordered from Braman MINI. It'll be interesting to see if our cars arrive at the same time.

And a side-note to all (and Babsmike's signature ) although we arrive at the port in Brunswick, the VDC is actually in Charleston, South Carolina. You may then wonder why we don't simply get shipped to Charleston, since it's not only a port city but a port which frequently receives ships from Southampton. Well my answer to that is I have no idea, that's just how MINI/BMW do it

Old 10-05-2012, 04:29 AM
Miami Beach Jeff
1st Gear
Originally Posted by qais
Just wanted to say a couple things. Miami Beach Jeff, yours is surely on the California Highway alongside mine which is also coming to Miami. Which dealership did you order through, I ordered from Braman MINI. It'll be interesting to see if our cars arrive at the same time.

And a side-note to all (and Babsmike's signature ) although we arrive at the port in Brunswick, the VDC is actually in Charleston, South Carolina. You may then wonder why we don't simply get shipped to Charleston, since it's not only a port city but a port which frequently receives ships from Southampton. Well my answer to that is I have no idea, that's just how MINI/BMW do it
Mine is delivered by Braman Miami too!

Old 10-05-2012, 06:28 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Oh Boy! I just found out "Eva" is shipping on the Tamerlane tomorrow. It's due in to Baltimore on 10/15. I can't wait!

Old 10-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
The Don Juan is just entering Canadian waters. Inching closer and closer.

I found it interesting that our MINIs are sharing space on the DJ with a good number of the BMW board membership who did European Delivery. Small world. They're probably PO'd that the ship had to make a stop in England to pick up our Klein Wagens.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 AM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Gluhwein
I found it interesting that our MINIs are sharing space on the DJ with a good number of the BMW board membership who did European Delivery. Small world. They're probably PO'd that the ship had to make a stop in England to pick up our Klein Wagens.
Us Countryman purchasers have the same experience. After picking my car up in Germany the boat went on to Sweden, Belgium and the UK (picking some of you up) before heading across the channel. That adds about a week's extra wait!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:01 AM
djeffr
1st Gear
Hey all. It's been a few years since I've been on, but just got a production numbe for my 2013 JCW hardtop. So many different models on the forum now! Looking forward to tracking everyone's progress over the next weeks. Fortunately my MA says I went straight to 112 status, so who knows? Maybe I'll be on the 6 end of 6-8 weeks. Fingers crossed
Doug

Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 AM
youngdoc
2nd Gear
Yay! Congrats! Post pictures before you say goodbye!
It's a deal!

Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
hollidayPJ
1st Gear
I just looked at K-line & if you look at the top "E" is estimated Departure for the California on the 9th so I think it will still be arriving on the 8th. see below.
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]BRUNSWICK [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]13-Sep A 19-Sep A 26-Sep A 29-Sep A 9-Oct E <<<<<< LQQK<<<<< (copy & pasted from K-line)[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]When it get closer to the US coast we can see it on GPS tracking!!! Link below.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=352732000
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 10-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by qrysdonnell
Us Countryman purchasers have the same experience. After picking my car up in Germany the boat went on to Sweden, Belgium and the UK (picking some of you up) before heading across the channel. That adds about a week's extra wait!
But if you're the first on the boat - aren't you more guaranteed a spot, or do Countrymans sit on the dock for 2 weeks waiting for a boat, too?

Old 10-05-2012, 01:00 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Denzien
But if you're the first on the boat - aren't you more guaranteed a spot, or do Countrymans sit on the dock for 2 weeks waiting for a boat, too?
I suspect the boats aren't empty when they show up in Bremerhaven. I wouldn't suspect it's 1 way traffic. My car sat for 7 days before it ended up on a boat. It was the 2nd boat that stopped there that it could have possibly made it on. I think the logic for what happens is equally non-transparent no matter where you're shipping from/to.

I think I saw that most of the people who waited for 2 weeks made it onto a more direct boat than earlier ones. So it's probably all about the same.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by qrysdonnell
I suspect the boats aren't empty when they show up in Bremerhaven. I wouldn't suspect it's 1 way traffic. My car sat for 7 days before it ended up on a boat. It was the 2nd boat that stopped there that it could have possibly made it on. I think the logic for what happens is equally non-transparent no matter where you're shipping from/to.

I think I saw that most of the people who waited for 2 weeks made it onto a more direct boat than earlier ones. So it's probably all about the same.
Makes sense if the boat is taking U.S. made vehicles to Europe, but I'm not sure if that happens. I can't see some fancy-pants European wanting something made in Detroit

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group